Alternate RP Still Not Quite a Meet Cute

This is a roleplay outside of the site's canon.

Rene Tofilau

Way Too Tall | Trying to Stand Out

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gwen) (Bi
Continued from here

René nearly choked on the bite he’d just stuffed into his mouth when Jenna Irons of all people slid into the booth opposite him. “Uh, hi, yeah I-ahem- I recognize you,” René managed, swallowing the half-chewed bite painfully and hoping he’d managed to avoid looking like a complete loser. This was exactly the kind of opportunity he’d been hoping for all break and he didn’t need to ruin it by having spinach stuck in his teeth or something, especially not with a girl like Jenna Irons.

And thanks, yeah obviously Slytherin won but I like to think we gave them a run for their money,” he said, shifting his arm onto the tabletop in an attempt to flex as subtly as he could. It wasn’t often he actually got to brag about his Quidditch skills since he was pretty sure Louis and Caleb forgot pretty much the second he stepped off his broom, but if Jenna was interested he could work with that. Girl’s liked that sort of thing right? “You know I’ve been on the team since I was a first year? They don’t let a lot of people do that,” he said, shifting his arm again just for good measure.

Jenna giggled brightly at René's reaction, tossing her hair playfully back over her shoulder. It was always nice to be reminded of the devastating effect she could have on boys. "Aww, I'm glad." She smiled, batting her lashes at him. What girl wouldn't want to be so pretty that boys couldn't even breathe right around her? She chuckled sweetly at his comments about Quidditch, swallowing down the bile in her throat at the subject. "Well, of course Slytherin won." She teased lightly. "But you played really well." Her eyes widened when he mentioned how long he had been on the team, feigning being impressed. "Oh wow, I'm not surprised! You're so good."

René felt his face heat as Jenna laughed, watching the way her hair gleamed in the light as she brushed it over her shoulder. She really was pretty, exactly the sort of girl he’d never dream of actually dating, and then her she was, sitting with him and laughing and complimenting him. René tried not to let it go to his head even as he sat up a little straighter in his seat as Jenna expressed more interest in his playing, pleased smile tugging on his lips. So few people ever acknowledged how cool it actually was to play as long as he did, even if he hadn’t actually started on the team until recently. “Yeah, I mean it helps to have been on the team for so long, you know. Might even be captain some day I bet,” he added after a beat. The idea was exciting, if daunting, but cool girls dated people like Quidditch captains right, so it couldn’t hurt to bring it up.

Glancing at his mostly finished lunched, René cast around the diner for a minute, trying to figure out what else he could say to keep Jenna entertained. “Are you uh, doing anything after this? Like meeting… Meeting someone? Or maybe I could buy you a coffee?” He offered hopefully. He still couldn't quite believe a girl like Jenna was actually interested in him, if he didn't ask now, he might never get the chance again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back