State of Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been experiencing earthquakes here in our country as well.
The one earlier had happened while we are in the middle of our group reporting and we're in school, right at the 6th floor of our building, it was quite a shock really.

Take your time, and don't worry about HNZ, it will always be waiting for your return. Me and my family are praying for you as well as for all those people who are affected. Stay strong, put your Faith unto God, He's always there to keep you and your family safe. Think positively Missy.

<i>
</i>

Stay safe. I'm praying for you and your Family.
~ James.

I heard about this on the news last night :(
You, your family and friends, as well as all of the other New Zealanders, are in my thoughts and prayers today.
Stay strong :hug:

Update @ 6.53am - day two (23/2/11):: Tried going to sleep, ended up doing the tossing and turning thing, but managed to get a few hours - five hours is good enough for me, Bed doesn't feel safe.
Good news? Death toll has been halved from sixty-five to thirty two - but only because that's the confirmed number by the police.
Another day of contacting family, using the persons finder and trying to not ring the networks - still over capacity - one phone network has gone down.

Your messages are really appreciated, thanks everyone x

Edit:: I should probably mention that Aiofe Chan and Willow Autumn are my characters that will be out of action. I kinda just remembered :r

Update @ 9.02am:: some family members been posted as missing.
but i'm feeling good at the moment. Life is dandy. Cold, but i'm in positive spirits.
returning to university next week is going to be tough.

Update @ 10:36am:: Still no word from family. Starting to become a little more desperate for information but still rather upbeat.
Great news: After 21 hours underneath rubble and a collapsed building, someone has been pulled out alive!
Upbeat, but still worried for family. Official death toll currently stands at thirty-eight but is expected to rise as they are focusing on retrieving survivors in trapped buildings.

My hearts with you all!
I hope all your family's are okay!
Stay strong and don't give up.We are all with ya in Ireland! :)

Update @ 11.21am:: Managed to get in contact with one relative. But still can't grab hold of the others. Hope starting to rise - another person alive is pulled out of the rubble, rumors there is at least fifteen people who are trapped in one of the major collapsed buildings. 300 people are now confirmed Missing. Death toll now stands at seventy-five (with fifty five confirmed.)
*sigh* this is going to be a long day. Phone lines are still clogged up.

My thoughts are with you, your family and friends, Missy ♥
I hope everything remains getting better and you hear from your family soon.
:hug: :wub:

All of England support you honey! Stay strong and keep alive. Best wishes xxxx

Update @ 12:20pm:: Can't get hold of people.
As a nation, spirits are high. Starting to panic a little again - a friend from germany is on a working holiday and not sure if she was supposed to be in Queenstown or Christchurch. Phone lines are hasty still, providers are telling us that we shouldn't make non-essential phone calls/texts.

Other news, instead of a State of Emergency its now a National state of emergency.
It's being compared to 9/11 :erm: If you see the images...then yeah.

Also, if these updates are annoying. then, I can stop.

The updates are not annoying hun, I find them helpful, and I want to know how you're going.
There is still hope love, don't give up. Stay strong. ♥

I don't care about the Updates. Infact, I like them, I want to know how everything is with you.
And don't give up hope. Like Katy Perry Said, "After a Hurricane, comes a Rainbow."

Update @ 2:21pm:: Hope starting to diminish.
One Christchurch's tallest buildings is starting to fall - it's only minutes until it'll crumble down like any other buildings.
Family still unknown how they are - i'm pretty positive they are alright (or so i'm telling myself).

30 million tons of ice from a glacier broke apart. It was really beautiful.

Right now, I've gotten hold of another friend who is pretty anxious to get out of christchurch, trying to organize some sort of transport for her to get home - probably going to fork out for her plane flight to where I live.

Another 4.2 aftershock happened around 1pm.

Me? I'm exhausted and tired, I just want to get my friend out of christchurch and get in touch with family.

Another sad update:
30 Japanese students were on holiday in NZ. Half of them are dead/presumed so and one had his leg amputated.
Ugh, Mother Nature is not a kind person.

Congrats on finding a friend and a family member, Missy! Hopefully more good information comes through for you.

:hug: Missy. Phone me or text me if you want to talk, okay? I'm sending all my ♥ to Christchurch and your family, I really hope they're okay. xo

I can still hear the car alarms ringing in my head and I'm not even seeing it in person.

I hope your family are all okay, Missy.
The atmosphere is so emotional at the moment, there are some really sad stories from school.
It's a really horrible feeling safe and happy here in Nelson while people are suffering, and there feels like there's nothing we can do.
Donating blood is a really good way to contribute, and I'm planning on doing it in the next couple of days.
Again, hoping you are doing okay and that you find your friends and family. ♥

Update @ 6:37:: Left the house for a few hours down to port to clear my head a bit. Kind of helped.
Back home, tried contacting family again, heard a rumor that one of my cousin is presumed in critical condition or dead.
Don't really know what to think, but it's just a rumor. Good news might come.

Christchurch is running out of drinking water - thinking about doing a long haul drive carrying a tank of water to Christchurch but is pretty impossible at the moment. Power and Electricity is out - a situation that my two friends and one family would be facing tonight. Feeling pretty guilty being able to have a hot shower, warm and nutritious food, a warm soft bed to fall into and power to update this and light to keep away from darkness.

Speculation on those 30 Japanese students is heart wrenching, probabilities thinking half of them have passed, as the building that they are trapped in, stopped the rescue efforts as a building nearby is most likely to collapse if they have another strong aftershock and that the rubble itself is considered unsafe.

Feeling gutted, morale is low - but doing my best to be happy for everyone's sake.​
<i>
</i>

You are doing really well Missy, we are all here for you. ♥
Stay strong xx

It has just been confirmed that two Irish people have been killed! :(
I'm sure you'll find all your relatives Missy! Just don't give up! :))

Update @10:19am - Day three:: Feeling absolutely gutted.
Found out one of my friend's baby died in the earthquake. a baby. :erm:

On another hand, my sympathies and condolences to those irish, japanese and other foriegn people who passed away in the earthquake, it isn't really fair :(

Another day of contacting family - phone lines still busy.
Life resumes. Another day rolls on.

Edit:: If you're currently in a Roleplay with Willow (not Aiofe at this time) feel free to reply because I need something to do - sitting around staring at a computer screen gets kind of boring after a while and I can only ring every 30 minutes to save congestion on the phone lines.

Update @ 5:45pm:: Don't really know what to update anymore really.
Death toll has risen dramatically to ninety-two - i'm expecting it to hit the hundreds before tonight.

Family...still getting hold of them, it's hard. but i'll get news in the end.

Missy (and every other NZ'er on here)

You have my sympathies, my condolences, my worry and foremost my heart with you in this undescribable disaster... :( :hug:
I am currently speechless and... Well...

Remember Missy, "Vita est, spes est." - Where life is, there's hope.

/Mina

Update @ 10:46am - day four:: Still no word, but still have hope. listened to the radio yesterday and heard there are still areas with no power, no water and no generators - essentially cut off from the whole city, but majority of those areas are doing absolutely fine - gonna stay positive, hoping my relatives fled to one of those areas. The whole country today and tomorrow are dressed in red and black to support Canterbury.

Death toll stands at 103 11:00am: Death Toll stands at 113. 200+ Missing. Still not really sure what to say. We know the casualties are just going to spike upwards again.

I know I shouldn't really advertise here - but if you live in the UK: Please donate to the earthquake appeal via. Red Cross - it's going to take possibly more than a few months, perhaps a year to get Christchurch back to it's former glory: Click here
Even a few dollars (well...pounds in your case) can help - even £1 can make a difference.

I said this on shouty, but i'll say it again: Hug your loved ones and your friends, tell them that you love them - life is so unpredictable. It breaks my heart to know on that tuesday morning, parents were sending their children off to school, couples dividing to go to work and now many wouldn't have that privilege again.

Aw babes.

I'm going through this...my boyfriends family live in NZ, Dunedin and they went over there and they lost a 5 year old little girl called Victoria, who wen she was older, wanted to stop cancer.

I hope you find happiness hun.

Love Dom x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back