Stark Manor

Sammael Stark

AdareManor.jpg

Stark Manor is of course visible to only those who have been told its location. Sammael and his wife Morgase have just returned to Stark Manor from a long trip to Germany, which had kept them from attending any of the meetings over the summer.

Sammael was sitting in a large black leather chair in his sitting room, a fire roaring in the fireplace. He was sipping at some brandy as he read a particularly interesting book.
<i></i>

Morgase sat in the library, hard at work. Her long black hair was falling over onto her books and parchment as she hunched over the table, scribbling furiously as she read. It was easy to see where Sophia got her mannerisms from in watching Morgase. After letting out a breath she sat up, looking around the room, trying to decide if she should take a break of go back to work.

Deciding a nice glass of wine sounded good, Morgase stood and walked downstairs to the sitting room where her husband was seated. Upon sitting on the black leather sofa, a house elf appeared with a glass of chilled red wine. "Thank you Tinker," she said with a nod to the house elf, who then disappeared. Morgase took a sip of her wine as she turned to her husband, smiling evilly as he read, remaining silent. She knew how he liked to read in silence. Instead of speaking she merely thought, reflecting on how Sammael and she had been concealing the fact that they were Death Eaters from their darling daughter Sophia. She has turned out so well, Morgase thought. Better than even I could have expected. Morgase had of course taught her to hold herself properly and not only to desire power, but to work for it in the proper ways. She had not openly taught Sophia to be a Death Eater, but instead hoped that Sophia would follow that path on her own. She took another sip of her wine, thinking...

After closing his book and setting it on the table beside the chair, Sammael looked to his wife and smirked, reflecting on how lucky he was to have such a woman. "I am going to visit Tristan," he said in his normal cold voice. "I would like you to remain here. I shall return in time for dinner." With this he stood and left the room, not waiting for a response from Morgase.

After watching Sammael leave, Morgase sat for a few minutes, finishing up her wine. As soon as it touched the table, Tinker showed up and refilled the glass. Morgase took up the glass in her left hand and stood, walking over to a rather large window that overlooked a beautiful garden. Just as she was taking a sip of her wine, Regina, Sophia's owl, flew up to the window. With a smirk Morgase opened the window to admit the owl, pleased at getting word from Sophia. Regina flew over to the table beside the couch where Morgase had previously been sitting and Morgase followed her over there, sitting back on the couch and setting her wine glass on the table so that she could get the letter from Regina's foot. Once she had the letter she gave Regina a bit of a pet. "You might as well stay the night Regina, you know where to go." And with that Regina was off, back out the window through which she had come. Morgase took the letter in her hand and opened it.
Mother,

Things at Hogwarts are quite different so far this year than they were the last.  Slytherin has a new Head of House, Professor Manteia.  At first he seemed to be a wonderful choice, as he wants to make Slytherin the dominant house at Hogwarts and help each of us in our development as witches and wizards.  However, it seems now that he is actually quite selfish and does not know how to make his students respect him at all.  I only hope things get better within the house.  Some of the new faces are not too bad.  There is a Weasley though.  As unsure as I am as to why she is in Slytherin, she seems even more confused.  To make matters worse, she sits and complains about how she does not understand and her family does not approve.  She knows nothing and refuses to appreciate the wonderful opportunity she has been given.  I suppose it is because she did not have as wonderful parents as I do.

Classes have been quite boring this past week.  The only class I really had to work in was Herbology, and it was appalling.  The Professor made us get down on our hands and knees and dig into the dirt.  She is an awful woman.  I wish I had Potions this semester, I miss it dearly.  I may steal down to the dungeons and brew a little something next week.  At least I have Quidditch.  I have been chosen to be the Keeper for the Valkyries, which is captained by Elizabeth Malfoy.  She is an excellent leader, and I look forward to playing on her team.

Most of the people here are such mindless idiots.  There are a few who are not so bad though.  There is one girl, Sabriel Nix, I do not know what to make of her.  She claims to be of pure blood, but I do not recall her name.  She is very much like I am, and I am unsure as to whether that is good or bad.  There is also Ford, whom I have told you about.  There are so many other mindless idiots here who keep thinking they can make friends with me.  It is really quite pathetic.  I miss you and Father dearly and cannot wait for break so that I can see you both again.

Your Daughter,

<span style='font-family:lucida handwriting'>Sophia Stark</span>

Morgase smirked as she read the letter, setting it down on the table once she had read it, the smirk still on her face. Sophia had turned out so well, just as expected. She picked up her wine glass and took a drink of it, thinking. Sammael wanted to tell Sophia that she her parents were Death Eaters, but Morgase had insisted that Sophia know nothing. Although with the prophecy, it would be important to see how Sophia reacted to the news. Morgase had always believed that Sophia would greet the news happily, but now she hoped that Sophia would resist. Unsure of what to do, Morgase simply sipped at her wine, looking into the fire as she mused, waiting for Sammael to return home.

Morgase had been sitting for quite some time, sipping her wine and thinking over Sophia's letter. She had been considering writing Sophia back when she began to wonder when Sammael would get back. He had a habit of slipping away, leaving her to sit at home, and Morgase disliked this, not being one to sit around and wait. Finally she had grown tired of sitting and waiting and got up, leaving on her way to Tristan's.

Morgase apparated inside of the library and sat down to write a letter to Sophia.
My Darling Sophia,

I hate to hear that your classes are boring.  The Professors at this Hogwarts New Zealand seem to be slacking in their teaching.  Perhaps Durmstrang might have been the better choice.  I trust that I have taught you well enough that you are getting enough work in outside of classes.  Herbology indeed sounds dreadful, but there is no way out of it I am afraid.  Unless, of course, you find a way to do it differently when no one is looking.

Congratulations on Quidditch, that is wonderful.  I knew that you would excel at Quidditch, you always flew so well here at home.  Your captain is a Malfoy?  I believe then that you shall have an excellent experience with such a girl as your leader.

As for people, there will always be mindless idiots, especially in an environment such as school.  What you must learn to do is rise above them, knowing full well in your head that you are better than they are, and ignore them entirely.  This Sabriel Nix, I recall her father, but not much of him other than his name.  I suppose you shall see what becomes of her.

Your father and I also cannot wait to see you again.  In fact, we shall be coming to see you early.  Your father and I will arrive ar Hogsmeade the day before your break, and we would enjoy the pleasure of your company at dinner.  You should bring some of your friends for us to meet, such as this Elizabeth Malfoy.  Your father and I would much like to meet the people you are surrounding yourself with.

Looking forward to seeing you,
Your Mother,
Morgase Stark

Once the ink was dry, Morgase rolled the parchment and secured it with a leather string. She stood and apparated to the sitting room, where Regina sat perched on the window sill, waiting. Morgase attached the letter to Regina's foot and opened the window. Once Regina was gone, Morgase closed the window and sat down, a smirk on her face. She picked up her wine glass, which had been filled only moments before by Tinker. Sitting, she sipped at her wine, staring at the fire, quite pleased.

Sammael apparated into the sitting room to face Morgase, who was still sitting on the couch. "Morgase," he said, his voice dripping with disdain. "Might I ask what inspired your...outbusrt shall I say?"

"Oh Sam," she said with an evil smirk on her face, swirling the wine around in her glass. "You knew it was coming. You can only keep me caged for so long. I also have some plans of my own."

Sammael snarled at Mogase, quickly moving up close to her, one hand resting on the arm of the sofa, the other on the other side of Morgase, resting on the back of the couch, essentially pinning her where she was. His face was right up in hers, his voice was harsh and angry as he spoke. "I do not know what has gotten into you, but it better be out of your system very soon. Do you understand me Morgase?" Sammael's striking golden eyes stared into Morgase's blue ones, filled with anger.

Not even flinching, Morgase watched Sammael's outburst with amusement, her smirk growing more evil every moment. "Sam, Sam, Sam," Morgase said in a drawing voice, laced with amusement. "Temper was always your weakness. Pity you have not yet learned to control it." Ignoring the fact that her husband's nose was practically touching hers, she leaned her head back to drain the rest of her wine.

Morgase nearly laughed as Sammael growled, turning away and fleeting quickly from the room in a storm of anger.

With Sammael off to work, promising to be late, Morgase sat happily in her sitting room sipping on some red wine. She had invited Lucius over for dinner, which the house elves were preparing. Now all she needed was for Lucius to arrive.

Lucius made his way into Stark Manor without a knock, as Morgase was expecting him. He strolled into the sitting room, seeing her there, and with a nod he sat down, putting his cane to the side. "Hello, Morgase," he greeted quietly, his expression troubled.

"Greetings Lucius," Morgase said with a smirk, draining the rest of the wine from her glass. As soon as the glass hit the end table, Tinker was there refilling it. "Thank you Tinker," she said to the house elf as she picked the glass back up, looking to Lucius once more.

Her smirk faded as she noted the expression on Lucius' face. "Something troubling you Lucius? Would you like something to drink, some wine perhaps?"

"Yes, wine would be absolutely wonderful," he said quietly, and then turned abruptly to Morgase. "I don't know if continuing this is such a good idea. What if Sammael finds out?"

"Tinker," Morgase called out, causing the tiny elf to appear with glass and bottle in hand. He poured some wine in the glass and handed it to Mr. Malfoy before giving his mistress a bow and disappearing. "Thank you Tinker," Morgase managed to get in before the elf had gone.

"I suppose if you want to end it I cannot stop you. I am a bit surprised though that you would be worried about Sammael. I never thought a man like you would be scared of someone such as my husband." Morgase smirked and took a sip of her wine, basking in the bitterness of its taste.

Lucius raised his eyebrow at the challenge, admiring Morgase's fiery wittiness. "I guess that's what attracts me to you so," he laughed quietly, his eyes flaring, his fear of being caught forgotten. "Maybe I'm just worried of what will happen to you. That is something to be considered."

"Your consideration for me is quite endearing. You care for me in a way that Sammael no longer does. I would not worry about my well-being though. Sammael is a bit more bark than bite." Morgase smiled roguishly at Lucius and took another sip of her wine.

Morgase noted the way Lucius look at her and tilted her head back, draining the rest of the blood red wine from the glass. She set the glass upon the table and looked to Lucius. "Shall have some dinner?"

((Haha, adult content.))

((haha yeah.))

Leaning back, Lucius replied, "Yes, of course. I almost forgot what I came over here for." He was grinning broadly, which was rare for him, his thin lips spread wide.

Mogase licked her lips slowly, taking in the last few drops of wine with a seductive look in her eyes. Once she was satisfied, she stood and walked lingeringly to the dining room, making sure Lucius could get a good look at her dress, the fit of which showed off her slim figure. Just before she disappeared into the dining room, she looked back to Lucius with a flip of her hair, a smirk on her face.

Lucius watched as she left the room, eyeing her figure as she showed it off. He wasn't sure, however, if he was supposed to follow, and waited.

((LOL, you guys. Just thought I'd mention that this is not NC17 ;P haha.

Also, if this happened, Sophia would be like Liz's step-aunt or something bizarre.))

((p.s. <3 you guys))

((Yes, well, Morgase does not plan on letting anyone know anytime soon.))

Morgase turned her head back to call Lucius into the dining room and was rendered silent by the sigh of her husband apparating into the living room. Turning her body around, Morgase walked to Sammael, smirking. "You are home early Sammael, I was not expecting you for hours. I invited Lucius over for dinner to keep me company. You know how lonely I get. Things went well at work then?"

Lucius started as he heard Sammael's voice. Sh1t, he thought, sitting back in the chair and trying to make himself look simply like an old friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back