Stark Manor 3

Sammael Stark

Sammael apparated into his sitting room holding a petrified Sophia in his arms. Morgase appeared behind him as he laid his daughter on the leather sofa. "I will take care of her," she said in a harsh voice before picking Sophia up and apparating out once again.

"Tinker," Sammael said in a tired voice as he sat down in a large leather chair.
"Yes master?"
"I would rather enjoy a very large bottle of vodka, no need for a glass."
"But master-"
"I do not care what Morgase says about it. You know where the vodka is."

With a bow the elf disapparated and was back within moments with bottle in hand. "Here you are master," he said as he handed the bottle to Sammael with a bow.

"Thank you Tinker," Sammael managed to get in before the elf disappeared again. With a sigh he opened the bottle and took a rather large swig.

Morgase apparated into Sophia’s room and laid Sophia on her bed. Trusting that her daughter would behave, she withdrew her wand and flourished it toward Sophia, releasing her from her body-bind.

“Mother?” Sophia asked in a soft, tentative voice.
“You should change into your nightdress Sophia, it is late.”
“What is going on?”
“No questions now, just sleep.”

Morgase turned and left without another word, closing and locking the door behind her. Before she left to join her husband in the sitting room, Morgase put a number of protective spells on Sophia’s door, then apparated.

When she arrived in the sitting room, Morgase saw Sammael stop drinking his vodka and give her a questioning look. "It has been a stressful night Sam, drinking will do you well." She sat down on the sofa and crossed her right hand over her left, staring at nothing as she mused.

Sophia got up from bed once her mother had left and changed into her nightdress. She put away her dress, heels, and jewelry with a sadness she had never known before. "I missed the Yule Ball." Walking over to her bed, Sophia got under her covers sat down with her back against her pillows. Tears welled up in her golden eyes as she began to think about everything that had just happened. Her entire world had been turned upside down, and she no longer knew what to think, let alone what to do. Sophia eventually laid down and cried herself into an uneasy sleep.

Lief strolled up the lawn of Stark Manor, sporting a few fresh scratches and bruises on his face from the assault at the Borely Mansion. But pain was nothing to him, and he suffered through the minor agony with a straight and disconcerned expression.

Allowing himself through the doors, he found Sammael in the sitting room, chugging away at a rather large bottle of vodka. Figuring that Sophia had been taken care of, he sat down in a chair adjacent to Sammael. "Spare any vodka, cousin?" he inquired with a sigh. "It's been a rough night."

Samnmael put down his bottle as he watched Lief come into the room. He looked at his half-empty bottle, and then at his cousin. "Tinker," he said, a bit more loudly than he meant to.

"Yes master?"
"Another bottle of vodka please, for my cousin."
"Right away master."

Tinker disapparated and reappeared shortly with another bottle of vodka. He handed it to Lief and bowed to Sammael.

"Thank you Tinker," Sammael said, and then took a rather large chug from his bottle. "So, how did things go after we left?"

Lief's expression was blank as he took a swig of the alcohol, and then shrugged. "The ghosts, you know, they attempted to frighten everyone but they didn't really do anything significant. I got beat around a few times, but other than that i got out fine." His bruises were visible but not really that big of a deal. He cracked a smile, seeing the influence that the liquor had on his cousin. "Going with my father's philosophy, Sammael? Fight all day and drink vodka all night?"

"Yes, one of my favorite philosophies. Where is Garett? I am getting tired." Sammael seemed not quite as composed as normal when he spoke. The vodka was starting to have an influence on his brain.

"I have no idea; but he was bringing the Malfoy girl," Lief pointed out, and then was silent. He had never been much of a conversationalist.

"Yeah, you should be," Lief sighed, slamming down half of the bottle. "You should be glad you weren't at Malfoy Manor over the summer then. You didn't even see the worst of those girls at the borely."

Lief observed Sammael for a moment, figuring that the man was totally smashed. He took a sip of his own vodka, but he was drinking it much more slowly. He started as another man entered the room, not even making any noise upon his arrival.

Draven took in every detail of the room in just a matter of seconds, wrinkling his nose disdainfully at the smell of the vodka. Most people didn't even know that the alcohol had a smell but then again most people didn't have the Winterling's sense of smell, and a bitter, sickly sweet smell it was.

"Greetings," Sammael said in a bit of a slur. He set his empty bottle down on the end table and looked at the newcomer. "So nice of you to join us. Unfortunately, we are still waiting on a few more."

As if on cue, Arcturus walked in through the door, his head in the clouds after his date with Aimee. He was going to get chewed out for not being at the meeting, but at the moment he didn't care. He already had a lie planned out.

"Tipping back the bottle, tonight, boys?" He joked, seating himself next to Lief in a chair, looking at the men assembled in the room.

Lief smirked, looking at Arcturus and the quiet Draven. "Where were you tonight, wolf boy? You missed the ghosts at the meeting."

"The moon's getting full, if you hadn't noticed," Arcturus replied with a wolfish grin. "I have to eat sometimes, you know." He hoped that the lie would go over well.

Sammael rolled his eyes with a sigh. Morgase had since left the men alone in the sitting room. "Where is the Malfoy girl? Garett was supposed to bring her, right?"

Garett wandered into Sammael's sitting room with Liz, after having gone to his own house just moments ago with her. "Garett is here with Elizabeth," he pointed out. "Where does she go?"

"Ah, how kind of you to grace us with your presence," Sammael said with a bit of a slur, slowly making his way to a standing position. "Follow me." He walked off down a hallway, not bothering to see if Garett was following.

Garett pushed Liz gently in front of him, following Sammael and wondering where they were going to go, taking in the elaborate surroundings about him so that he could backtrack if he had to.

After going through some halls, up some stairs, and through some more halls, Sammael stopped at a cherrywood door. He turned to Garett and Elizabeth, seeming quite content despite the presence of the despicable Malfoy girl.

"This is where she will be staying," he said as he opened the door. It reavealed an elaborate guest room done in very dark colors. Sammael took Elizabeth's shoulder and shoved her into the room, closing the door behind her. He took out his wand and looked up for a moment, trying to remember something. "Oh yes." He silently flourished his wand toward the door, simply locking it.

Sammael then turned to Garett. "Will you be staying here then?"

"You may turn in if you so desire. Your room is right down here." He turned around and walked the opposite way down the hallway, stopping at a door two down from Elizabeth's and opening it, revealing a similar room. "There you are. If you need anything else, simply call for Artoo, I have instructed him to answer to all of the Death Eaters. Well, good night." Sammael decied that Garett had everything he needed and walked off down the hallway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back