Closed Star Gazing

Hamish considered, before nodding. "Sure," He agreed, and sat up, stretching again before getting to his feet. He offered out a hand to help Sat up. Once they were both standing he took a moment to put his blanket back before starting down the hill again. "Well, my name is Hamish, of course, also 17. We were originally from Scotland but we moved here," He shrugged. "It's been several years now, though. Our parents were too busy to bother with us so my twin brother Seamus and I were sent to a boarding school."

Saturnino was a little disappointed that the evening was wrapping up a bit. He didn't know how far he'd have to walk, but still. Sat did take the offered hand to help stand up and didn't really let it go until Hamish did. At the very least he would be able to see him again the next day. "Oh, that must've been a change, when did you move?" he asked, though Hamish did then just say it had been several years. "Oh, you have a twin brother? That's cool," he said. "I went to a semi-boarding school, but I didn't board," he had a hint of disappointment in his tone as he said it.

Hamish studied his new friend, offering out his hand again as they walked. "We were about nine or ten I think," He offered with a small shrug. "Long enough to get used to the place before they sent us off." He gave a small smile. "It hasn't been all bad, we've grown up a bit. And I've learnt a lot of new cooking techniques there. The kitchen staff have always been receptive to my presence," He chuckled. "You would have liked to board there?" He questioned, trying to get little pieces of information from his new friend.

Saturnino glanced at the outstretched hand, and though he wanted to take it, he decided not to, instead just moving to stand next to him, perhaps a little closer than he needed to be. Sat couldn't imagine such a change to then just be sent off to some boarding school, though he knew it happened for some kids when they went to the big magical schools. "You and your brother are still close?" he asked before giving a little shrug, trying to decide how to answer. "It was an expensive school, I had a scholarship, so I was already the odd kid out and," he paused, stopping himself, and then shaking his head. "It doesn't matter, I dropped out,"

Hamish nodded. "Of course, he'd starve if I stopped feeding him," he teased. He listened to Sat, putting his hands into his pockets as his house came into view. "Well, it was their loss," He offered easily. "It's too bad we didn't go to school together- it'd have been cool to have you around." He gave Sat a smile.

Saturnino wasn't entirely sure for a moment if Hamish was joking or not, before he laughed lightly. "You must be a good brother," he told him. It seemed to cement in Sat's mind that Hamish was a good guy. "I'm not very cool, I'm just about the least cool guy," he did think he'd have been friends with hamish, he seemed like someone who was easily to get along with.

Hamish shook his head. "Nah, man, I think you're pretty epic," He offered, bumping his shoulder against Sats. "Anyway, this is my place. See you tomorrow night?" He asked, an easy smile on his lips.

Saturnino rubbed his own arm with a little laugh. "You're nice," he said with a nod of his head. "See you tomorrow night," Sat replied easily, nodding. He would go back down the street and eventually apparate away.

Time passed quickly, and Hamish was quickly growing very, very fond of Saturnino. Hamish jogged out to their meeting spot as soon as it was dark enough, a little box in hand. He'd been slowly opening up more and more with Sat, and found out that the other boy was really into antiques and trinkets. He dropped onto the blanket, humming and watching the stars come out, waiting for his friend to show up.

Spending time with Hamish was quickly the highlight of every day in New Zealand. he had managed to find a tiny little place to stay, where the rent was cheap enough because it was tiny and terrible. But it was making it easier to look for work. he even had an interview soon. He was pretty gleefully, heading to see Hamish again, ready to tell him the excellent news, about both the place and the potential job. he spotted him on the blanket, in their usual spot. "Hamish!" he called out excitedly, waving to him, but in doing so, not paying attention to where he was going and tripping up over his own feet.

Hamish looked over when he heard the voice, smiling, and jumped up as Sat fell down. He hurried over, dropping down himself to help the man up. "Careful," He teased. "I know I'm pretty great and all but there's no need to be tripping over yourself to see me," He gave Sat a playful wink, his hands still hovering over the mans waist, just in case he fell again.

Saturnino let Hamish help him up and just laughed lightly at the teasing. "Sorry, I just got excited," he replied. "I have good news," he added excitedly, before trying to take Hamish's hand to lead him back to the blanket.

Hamish laced his fingers through Sats, walking with him back to the blanket. "Oh, yeah?" He offered, settling in. "Tell me," He encouraged.

Saturnino smiled excitedly. "Well, the first piece of good news is I finally got a place, it's tiny and a little terrible, but it's a place," he said excitedly. "And I have an interview tomorrow," he said, "Hopefully this means I finish out the week with my new place and a job,"

Hamish lit up, smiling brightly. "Great! I love it," He countered. He shifted so he was turned more towards Saturnino. "This is the perfect time then! I got you a gift, let's say its to celebrate," He offered. "And if you want, I can come cook you some dinner to celebrate as well?" He offered, pulling the little box out of his pocket and setting it between them.

Saturnino was pretty happy that Hamish seemed as happy as he did for what he'd managed to get. There was no guarantee of the job, but he felt pretty happy for it. "Oh no, let's wait till I get it before you cook anything." he said before looking at the box. "You didn't have to buy me anything, anything at all," Saturnino knew that this hadn't been a gift for him for the good news, he'd said as much. But he hadn't been given anything in so long. He took the box and opened it up.

Hamish just rolled his eyes playfully, before peeking again at the locket and smiling. "I found this in a pawn shop the other day, I thought you might like it," He offered with an easy smile.

Saturnino opened the box and fell silent. It was beautiful, it was easily the nicest thing he'd owned and appreciated that Hamish had got it from a pawn shop. He took it out the box and held it in his hand. Saturnino looked back at Hamish and nodded. "I love it," he said, then hesitated. "You shouldn't have, but thank you," he said. He didn't have anything for Hamish, hadn't known they might exchange gifts and he had nothing to give. "Help me put it on?" he asked.

Hamish smiled and nodded. "Good, I just saw it and it made me think of you," He offered almost sheepishly, shifting behind Sat and clasping it behind the mans neck. "Do you really like it?" He asked, moving back to sit next to his... friend? with an easy smile.

Saturnino smiled easily, holding it up to him so that he would help him to get it around his neck and then nodded eagerly. "It's wonderful," he said. "Thank you Hamish," he held it up a little, as it now sat comfortably around his neck. He looked to him easily. "I have...I have nothing for you," he said. "I'm sorry," before he paused and then leaned in to kiss Hamish on the cheek.

Hamish smiled. He blushed as Sat kissed him and gave him a silly smile. He could see the stars reflecting in the deep night of Saturninos eyes, dancing as his supple lips curled into a smile that made him feel like he'd come home at last. He gently offered out his hand. "Being with you is gift enough for me,"

Saturnino leaned away from Hamish and then laughed lightly at his words. He reached for Hamish's hand and just smiled, squeezing it lightly. "You know, when I came to New Zealand, the thing I said to myself was 'Saturnino no boys'" he said. "And then night like one, I meet you," he had fondness as he spoke, flitting between holding Hamish's gaze and looking up at the night sky.

-godmod approved-

Hamish felt his breath catch. He hesitated a moment, before reaching over and cupping Sats' chin in his hand, turning his face towards him. He leant in, stopping with his nose brushing Sats', giving him the option of leaning in or pulling away.

Saturnino let Hamish catch his face, turn his face towards him, and then as the man leant in Saturnino went the rest of the way, kissing him, eagerly, his own hands reaching quickly up to Hamish's face. This was the best kiss he'd ever had.

Hamish returned Sats kiss with an equal eagerness, his hand drifting to rest on Sats neck. After a bit he broke the kiss and pressed his forehead against the mans, brushing his fingers gently over Sats skin. He didn't say anything, just smiling and enjoying the closeness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back