Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Whippy Blackthorn Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Saturnino had really only just arrived in New Zealand. He had dropped out of school, packed his bag and left. Going to the furtherest place from his home that he could think of. He had passed his apparition and that had been it. Saturnino had left a few bits and pieces at home, in the hope that if his dad went looking he would be looking in the wrong place. Saturnino had most of his life on his back, but hadn't forseen that it was winter in New Zealand and thus where he landed he was a little cold. It got cold in Italy, but never like this. The boy was walking, a cup of cheap, slowly cooling coffee in his hands, he was moving up a hill, walking through a beautiful park, the light of the moon illuminating his path - poorly. He was just trying to find a secluded spot for himself. His glasses really didn't help - with good reason it was dark. But Saturnino had stopped in the middle of a path, because the sky was filled with stars. Filled with more stars than he had ever seen. It was beautiful.

Hamish always enjoyed breaks. Even if sometimes the quiet was a bit more than he was used to and he couldn't sleep. So, he'd slipped out of bed and tiptoed out, wearing a sweater and his house scarf. He liked the cold, and the crisp air as he walked under the stars. He wasn't expecting company, and he was surprised when he came across a person standing there in the middle of the road. He slowed a little, cautious, but pushed his glasses up on his nose and ventured a little closer. "Hey, you alright?" He called, hands in his pockets and still a reasonable distance away.

Saturnino wiped around to the noise in surprise, doing so so quickly, that his glasses flew off his face. They were second hand frames, had never really fit him right. "Oh no," he said in italian immediately dropping to his knees to attempt to find them, still holding the coffee cup in one hand. He had no idea if this man was magical or muggle, he couldn't risk casting magic to help him find it. "I am fine, was looking at stars," he then replied in stilted english to the person who'd startled him. Saturnino spoke with an exceedingly heavy accent.

Hamish blinked. "Sorry," He apologized immediately. He knelt down and picked up the mans glasses, offering them out to him. "I didn't mean to startle you." He gave an easy smile, standing and offering out his hand. "The stars are rather nice. I have a spot nearby where I like to sit and watch them. I could show you?" He offered. "To make up for scaring you, I mean."

Saturnino shook his head a little and then at the offered glasses took them. He slipped them back on as he stood up and glanced a little better at the boy who'd startled him. He was cute, about his age, with glasses of his own and nice hair. Saturnino couldn't make out too much else. "Yeah?" He said eagerly, more than happy to spend a little more time staring at the stars. "I'd like that. We have more light pollution in Roma," he said, in accented English, really keen to see the stars a little better and perhaps be out of the way of other passers-by.

Hamish smiled and offered out his hand again. "Come on, I'll show you," He lead the boy away, making for a hilltop nearby where he liked to sit and stare up at the sky. "I'm Hamish, by the way," He spoke as they moved. "What's your name?"

Saturnino glanced at the outstretched hand, it was forward but he took it, given that it was dark and he did need a guide. His hand was much colder than the boy other's hand. "Saturnino," he replied. "Nice to meet you Hamish," he said. "Do you come stare at stars often?" he asked as they moved.

Hamish shrugged, squeezing the boys hand. He walked a little slower, letting Saturnino be in a bit closer to try and share some warmth. "When I'm at home, yeah. My parents send me to boarding school for most of the year," He offered easily. "Where are you from?" He asked. The accent was obvious. "I like your name, by the way. Saturnino is really cool,"

Saturnino moved to walk in close to the other boy, Hamish, enjoying the warmth that the other boy seemed to be. Perhaps he just hadn't been outside nearly as long as Saturnino had. "Oh, that's fun," he replied and there was disappointment in his tone, he had let himself imagine spending more time with this boy, staring at all of the stars. "Roma, Italia," he said, before his cheeks reddened in a blush, he was glad it was dark and thus the other boy wouldn't see. "You are only person who thinks that,"

Hamish just shrugged. "It is what it is. I'm about to start my final year, then I can get on to things that really matter." He offered easily. He was surprised at what Sat said, and turned a bit to look at him as they walked. "Italy? That's a ways away... what brought you all the way out here?" He asked, curious.

Saturnino nodded, he had dropped out of school, so he knew the desire to be done and get on with things. "What really matters?" he asked, curious about what sort of thing mattered to Hamish. He seemed like someone who was rather sure of himself, so there had to be an answer to it. Sat shrugged a little at the question. "Change," he said with a smile. "Wanted something different," he didn't want to go into details, he had just met this man.

-godmods approved-

Hamish let Sat's answer suffice, not wanting to push where he wasn't wanted as they started to climb up his hill. "Culinary school," He countered, answering an earlier conversation. "Probably some night courses and work in a kitchen somewhere during the days." He gave Sat an easy smile, though he paused as he saw the slight shaking and the little tinge of blue on his lips. Hamish stopped, before taking off his scarf. He turned and wrapped it around Sats neck, folding it to cover his nose. "Not used to the cold yet?" He teased gently.

Saturnino raised an eyebrow as Hamish said what he wanted to do. It wasn't what he expected but really he didn't know him, not at all, so perhaps there was also that. It was just not something that Saturnino had ever heard anyone aiming for, but perhaps that said more about him and the people he'd once spent time with. Sat took a small step back away from Hamish as the man reached for him, before relaxing somewhat. "it's a different cold," he said in response, it wasn't like Rome didn't get cold, it just was never this cold. But the scarf was warm and it was nice. It had Hamish's smell on it. "Grazie," he said with a smile hidden by the scarf.

Hamish smiled and finished leading Sat up the hill, pulling out the backpack he kept stored behind a tree when he was home and pulling out the blanket, laying it out. He smiled at Sat as he settled on the blanket, patting the space next to him. "Your turn. What's something you really want to do?" He asked, curious.

Saturnino followed Hamish the rest of the way up the hill and then once the blanket was settled sat down next to Hamish. He lay back and looked up at the stars, thinking a little about how nice they looked and good it was to see them. "Oh, um," Saturnino hesitated, he knew no matter what he wanted to do, that he would not manage it, that his choices for the next little while were limited. After all, he had to make money, and had dropped out. "I don't know," he replied, keeping his gaze on the stars and knowing his answer was a little lame but it was all he wanted to give.

Hamish nodded. "Well, that's alright," He offered easily. "I'm sure you'll find something," He looked up at the stars, just enjoying the company and the sights. "This is nice." He murmured after a little bit. He was quiet a moment. "Where are you staying?" He asked, looking to Saturnino. "I don't go back to school for a little bit, maybe we could hang out some more?" He offered.

Saturnino didn't know Hamish well, but he was immediately exceedingly thankful of the fact that Hamish seemed to immediately let it go. He didn't exactly expect someone he had just met to push, but Saturnino was thankful nonetheless. The man nodded in agreement, still looking at the stars. "Oh um..," he paused trying to come up with a good lie, since he didnt really yet have a solid place. The local hostel was cheap and he was sharing a room with so many others, none of whom he trusted. "I'm staying at the hostel in town, until I find my own place," he said, though he knew he'd need to not waste too much of his limited resources on a room there. "But I'd like to hang out,"

Hamish blinked. Interesting. "Do you want to come over for lunch tomorrow?" He asked. "It's just me and my brother," He ran a hand through his hair. "You're Italian, right? I can definitely make like a carbonara or something," He gave Sat an easy smile. "Hell, if you show up early enough you could help, make sure I don't mess it." He winked playfully.

Saturnino blinked, letting out a little chuckle before he looked at the man. It sounded like it would be fun, and it just happened that his favourite was carbonara. It would be free food, but he was a little forward still. "Hamish," he sat up, moving to look at the other man properly. "You just met me, I could be anyone, you could be anyone..." he attempted to say, unsure where he was going with it. "In any case, I have to look for work tomorrow, so I can't, but I can hang out here again at night," he settled on, it wasn't a lie, he did need to immediately look for work, but it wasn't like he couldn't take time out for lunch, though the idea of star gazing with him again was intriguing.

Hamish chuckled. "You're not all that scary," He countered. But he saw the mans point. "Alright, do you want to meet back here tomorrow night then? I'll bring dinner," He offered instead. "I would like to hang out again. I don't have many friends in the area, I'd like to change that," He offered out his hand again. "Sound good?"

Saturnino found himself laughing in reaction to what Hamish said. He didn't think he was scary but still, no everyone looked or initially seemed scary. "Yeah," he replied to the revised offer. Since it would be nice to hang out with someone, get some free dinner and as Hamish said make a friend. He lay back down and looked back up at the stars. "I do not have any, well, I did not have any, now I have one," he replied.

Hamish smiled and lay back with Sat, just enjoying the view. "Well hey, friends is always good," He agreed easily. This was nice, in an easy sort of way. Hamish didn't notice how comfortable he was, and before long he'd started to doze off, unintentionally shifting a little bit closer as he did.

Saturnino hadn't really had a friend like this, even at his last school, he'd always been the weird kid, people didn't speak to him. The few friend he might've gotten had always been just a touch two-faced with him, but the only people who he could spend time with. Saturnino just was watching the stars, feeling so content with his choice of place to come. He stole a glance at Hamish and then noticed the boy was falling asleep. He went to put his hand on the other boy's arm to lightly shake him. "Hamish, you can't fall asleep," he said.

Hamish was roused by the light touch, and he couldn't help but give Sat an easy, tired smile. "Sorry," He yawned, stretching. "I'm just surprisingly comfortable with you," He countered, settling back in. "Tell me about yourself?" He asked, thinking the conversation would keep him awake.

Saturnino gave a little shrug, "I'm probably only so awake because of the time difference," he said, since he didn't want Hamish to feel bad about falling asleep. Though he could agree he had never felt so comfortable around someone he'd just met. "There's not much to know, I'm Saturnino, I'm 17, I'm from Italy," he said, giving the barest details. "Shall I walk you home?" he offered. "And you can tell me about you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back