Sports Section

Sam Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Sam woke up quite early in the morning. He dressed into a pair of jeans, a black t-shirt and brown hat he had been planing on doing a bit of studying but instead got a little distracted and ended up on the quidditch pitch yet again. He hadn't been able to concentrate on his studies at all and he didn't know how on earth he would be able to take the exams. But he wasn't looking for excellant grades, afterall he was only a first year. The exams weren't too important.

After flying for an hour or two Sam's stomach began to rumble so he flew up to his dorm and slipped his broom under his bed, then made his way down to get some breakfast. The great hall wasn't too full, in fact one could say it was quite empty. He walked over to the hufflepuff table which was also quite empty. Sam filled his plate up with bacon, eggs and toast then tucked in. As he chewed on his toast he spotted a Daily Prophet lying on the table, he grabbed it and flicked to the sports section. He found it the only interesting part of the paper, he sipped his goblet of juice and continued to read the latest results of the Cannons match.

Hoshi walked into Great Hall but thought it best to over look the Slytherin table. Her battle with the Glam Squad had been 'front page' news since it happened. It wasn't all bad though. Many congragulated her for having the guts to get in Isabella's face. Hoshi didn't even mind the new rumers that where going around about her. They wheren't nearly as bad as being called a murder. Hoshi was starting to enjoy herself again but she still couldn't be bothered to start studieing.

The outfit she wore was loud but not Hoshi Koshiba loud. After having to explain herself to the Slytherin Head of House again Hoshi didn't want to call the attention too much. She decided instead to go over to the Hufflepuff table where she had spoted Sam. "Three gallions says they lost like always." She said with a joking grin. She saw what he was reading and couldn't help but poke fun at him a little.

Sam smirked but didn't look up from the paper when he heard Hoshi's teasing voice. He hadn't talked to her in what seemed ages. "Actually.." Sam began in a 'know-it-all' tone, "..they beat Montrose Magpies 450-250 in their last match." he said still smirking, happy that they hadn't lost. "You owe me three galleons." He said finally looking up at her. He indicated the seat opposite him, "Well cough it up!" he grined victoriously.

Hoshi rolled her eyes and slid over the loose chinge that she could fit in though those skin tight jeans. "I guess I should have taken the time to actually read the thing. If the Montrose Magpies they are biger losers than I thought." She teased. She took a seat and picked up a plate of food without really noticeing what she was eating. That was the thing with Hoshi. She was constantly eating junk food between classes yet she still had room for reguler food. Even then Hoshi seemed to never gain an ounce of waight. "How are things, we haven't talked proporly since the Quidditch Game." She said as she stuffed piece of bacon in her mouth.

((True of niece. I really starting to base Hoshi off of her. I hate her for it because I barely eat and I'm twice her.))

"I know." Sam said to her in a shocked tone. From the very start of the year Sam and Hoshi had always seen each other and always talked to each other. There was never a big gap between when they saw each other. Except for now. "Things are good though." Things were good, he was slowly beginning to get over Jenna which was a plus in many ways. "What about you?" he asked just before taking another sip out of his goblet.

Hoshi shook her head and smiled. "Ack aside from having to live with borem because one more strick against me this year and I'm sure they're going to chuck my ass out of the school, my epic fight with the Glam Squad and the fact that I now have to pass exams in order prove a point I'm great. Have you heard from Jenna-chan?" She asked wondering if he wrote to her. Hoshi was still a little mad at her for doing this to them so she hadn't bothered. Now she was wondering what was happening to her best girl friend.

Sam listened to how Hoshi was, "Glam Squad?" He voiced his thoughts by mistake, but he did want to know who or what they were. When she brought up Jenna, Sam looked down at his plate. He nodded slowly before answering, "Yeah. I wrote to her." He looked back up to her and forced a smile on his face. "She says she misses Hogwarts and misses you guys so much!" By 'You Guys' he mean't Scorpius and Hoshi. "She wanted me to pass that onto you's but I just never had the chance." Sam said apoligetically. He couldn't have said it at the quidditch pitch with everyone else around and he hadn't seen Hoshi up until now so now was the only opportunity.

The look on Sam's face told Hoshi that she had just said the 100% wrong thing. "Sorry Sam-kun. I miss Jenna-chan a lot too. She's probobly happyer in Canada though no?" She said with a weak smile hoping that the goofyness of it would cheer Sam up. "Don't get me started. All I will say is that the Glam Squad is a set of Slytherin bimbetts who have it in for me because I like to make front page news. I would have thought you'd have heard of the fight at the Slytherin table." She said shaking her head. Hoshi was poring everything she had into divising a plan for getting them back for getting her in trouble with the Slytherin Head of House.

"Yeah she said she was real homesick.." Sam said quietly not really wanting to discuss it anymore. It had been in his mind since she left, which was a month ago. But everytime she came up in a conversation the sinking feeling would just be back. Like it was when he first read her letter. Sam listened to Hoshi explain 'The Glam Squad'. He hoped that Toni wasn't involed in it. He knew that Hoshi and Toni didn't get along and probably never would. But if it came to a fight, he really couldn't choose between them. "Did you get in a lot of trouble then?" he asked her, leaving his breakfast for now.

Hoshi put her hands forward on the table. "An unbelieveable amount. And Professor Glasson tried to shrink me. I mean come on." She said shaking her head. The last thing she needed was a teacher trying to get inside her mind. "That's why I said that one more slip up this year and I may have to pack my bags." Hoshi said shaking her head. She really didn't want to leave Hogwarts. "I'd take Toni-chan over the Glamies anyday. At lease she knows how to keep her mouth shut when it counts." She added. Toni was pretty low on Hoshi's radar thies days add in the fact that Hoshi had her fun at the Quidditch match and the fact that Hurling Hurly left the school Hoshi didn't see any reason to give Toni a hard time. She had to be having one already because of the whole Beau thing.

Sam shook his head, "Ouch." He had only ever been in trouble with his head of house, twice. Sam was proud that he didn't lose any points for his house or anything, he was let off quite lightly. Though he was quite surprised that she would prefer Toni over anybody. It was a start, maybe they would be friends at the end of school. One could hope he thought to himself. "You know about Beau, right?" He asked her in a low voice.

Hoshi nodded. "One of the reasons I'm not going after Toni that much. That and I feel kind of guilty. Last thing I did to the boy was curse him so he ended up in the hospital wing thowing up slugs." She said. In her mind her cackled from the memory but she kept her face straght and kind of sorry. "I feel really bad for Toni-chan." She said. This was true. She really did feel sorry for her. She knew that the two where dating. It had to suck to lose a boyfriend like that. It sucked for Hoshi when a certen boy dissapered without a trace. She was going to go in to that though not with Sam, not with anyone.

"Thats nice of you, though not the whole slug thing. Thats just gross. Brilliant! But gross." He said nodding in approval and then chewe don another piece of toast. "But yeah, nice of you." He said sincerely after swallowing. "Yeah I was talking to her in the dungeons. I went looking for her, y'know? Shes a mess. She obviously really cared about him." He said with resentment. Though that pang of jealousy was also there and it bothered him, why was it there? Trying to keep his mind off it he began to cut his bacon.

Hoshi shook her head. "Hey I caught his bat in my room making all sorts of noise and when I bring it back to the boy he wouldn't even give me something for brothering to return it in the first place. So I took his pride and called it even." She said with a joking smile on her face. She dropped it though after that last part. "You know what. No. Hell no. I may tolerant the girl but really come on. She kissed another boy while you two where still dating and then she ran into Beau's arms you can not still be pining over her." She shaking her head. Who was she to talk? Deep, very deep inside she still had a thing for Henric Lee though everyone around her knew better than to even mention him around her. "Sorry, I just caught that note. Really it's nice that you went down there to talk to her. Toni-chan seems really out of sorts. Forget I said anything." She said still wishing she had bit her tongue like she always did.

"Hey I'm not pining over her!" Sam said fustratedly dropping his fork on the plate. "I was just being a friend." He said stubbornly. "Look, last time I checked I kissed Jenn while we were still dating! I forgave Toni and shes my friend and she forgave me. I don't still like Toni." He said clarifying that. "I thought y'know since I went through the exact same thing I would talk to her." He said just as angrily. Pining over her?! Sam thought with annoyance.

Hoshi narrowed her eyes then shook her head. "Ease up boy-toy, I said forget it alright we're not going there. I know you went though the same thing with Jenna-chan really I'm not completely over that either though it was nice of her to send us a hello though your letter. What I said was completely out of line so forget it. Ok we drop this now." She said looking at Sam in a way that said 'Boy you had better calm down.' Last thing she wanted to do was fight with her best friend. Not Sam. She was already fighting with the bimbetts she didn't need to add this too her list of things that are wrong with her life. "Seen Knight-kun anywhere?" She asked hoping that that would get him mind off when they where just talking about.

Sam was still annoyed. Sam let the 'boy toy' comment slip as he didn't want to continue the fight with Hoshi. She was one of his best friends and he didn't want to argue over a small comment. Though just because he wasn't continuing the fight it didn't mean that he forgot the whole thing and he was still quite annoyed. The next look that she had given him was a threatening one, one he thought he wouldn't get from her. Though he wasn't threatened. He knew Hoshi wouldn't hurt him. He looked at her, in a calm and plain expression. He then looked back to his plate. He shrugged, "I seen him a couple days ago." he mumbled grumpily. He had found out that him and Taylor were official, he wasn't sure to tell Hoshi or not. Was it his place? He decided he'd let Scorpius tell her. "Why?" He asked her.

Hoshi could tell that he was still annoyed with her but she was happy that he let it slid. "Because the way they where looking at each other in the Quiddich Pitch I though that all that Knight-kun wanted to do was grab Taylor-chan and kiss her right then an there. I teased Taylor-chan about it a little. Not too much but a little." She said laughing. She was compleatly Ok with Scorpius and Taylor getting together. She was over Scorpius really over him. The one she thought she would never get over was that wax faced boy. "I thought they might have gotten over thier shyness and started playing mouth hocky already." She said again making a joke about them.

So Hoshi knew? Then was it okay for him to tell Hoshi if she already knew? Sam picked up his fork and moved his food around the plate occaisionally looking up at Hoshi. He still didn't know if he should tell her, not that he didn't want to. But what if Knight didn't want people to know yet? Maybe by the silence Hoshi would realise that she was correct. He looked up form his plate, "Well..." he said with a smirk. He knew Hoshi would understand now.

Hoshi nearly started crying from how hard she started to laugh. "I knew it, I knew it! I swear I could pass for having Occumancy!" She said after her fit of laughter was over. "Man I love being right." She shaking her head. It was ofcourse another joke. She wanted to keep the atmopher light and happy. It was one of the only chances she got to be happy thies days. "Really that's such a good thing because they do seem meant for each other." She said with a wide goofy grin that didn't seem to belong on such a elegant face.

Sam watched Hoshi laugh about the place, he forced a smile on his face and a couple of low chuckles. Though he just wasn't in the mood to laugh. He drank out of his goblet as she said that they were mean't for each other. Sam had to agree with that. They really were. "Yeah I know. But if Knight comes to you and tells you at least act a little surprised." Sam told her with a small. After finally finishing off his breakfast he said quietly though loud enough for only Hoshi to hear, "Though I just hope that nothing happens..like..well y'know.." He said not really wanting to say anything else, hoping that Hoshi would catch on. He hoped that they wouldn't have a big fight or something, somethign that may wreck their friendship. That was always the risk with dating friends.

Hoshi nodded. "Na that won't happen I mean they're compleatly stuck on each other." She said with a bright smile. "At least they are better off than me. I'm still going after then impossible." She said looking off to the side. She had to at least act upset about it. She had grown used to obsession. It bordered obsession anyway. "I had to brake up with Victor because of it. He was such a nice guy too." She said with a soft sigh. Hoshi shook her head. "But hey things have to turn out well for some of us. Hey this place has gotten really depressing. What do you say that after exams we have something like a party near the lake. I can ask the House elves for whatever we need and we can just spend the day by the lake." She said suddenly getting the idea.

Sam nodded, "Your probably right." He smiled back. Then Hoshi mentioned Henric. A dodgey subject. A subject that was rarely spoke off. "Still hung up on him, eh?" He asked her. Knowing that Hoshi could do a lot better than Henric. Sam worked with Henric, it wasn't that he was a bad guy. It was just that he seemed so cold and distant all the time. Like he was wearing a mask, he doubted anyone would uncover what was under that mask. "Yeah a party sounds great. This studying is depressing, you can't walk into the common room without hisses and 'sshhh' thrown at you. I swear." He laughed, his mood had picked up slightly.

Hoshi rolled her eyes. "I will most likely never get over him." Was all she said on the subjet. She had seen what was under that mask. It wasn't pleasent but it was something that sent her into an absolute frenzy. She wanted him so badly it kinda hurt aside from the many times Henric had made her cry. "That's why I can't be talking about anything like that." She said as a kind of joke. When Sam agreed to the party she smiled. "It'll be great. Kinda like a beach party but without the sand." She said her smile bright.

((I can't stop watching your avatar :p ))

Sam realised that it was a touchy subject so he didn't add into it anymore than he already had. He felt sorry for Hoshi if she was in love with this boy and he just ignores her or pushes her away everytime. Sam would love to give Henric a talk but he wouldn't embarass Hoshi like that. "So will this party be close friends..or every student." he laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back