OOC First Name
Tamara
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Curved 10 Inch Flexible Elm Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
The new year was almost starting and Elly had bought a new broom to try out. The weather was nice and Elly was ready to practise some evasive moves. Although she was the keeper of the team you never knew what would happen in a game. When Elly arrived at the courtyard with her broom she noticed someone playing soccer in the courtyard. She had to walk through courtyard to arrive at the pitch. She didn't know this boy and had no clue why she was stopping, but what he did seemed a lot of fun. Elly didn't dare to do any sports other than volleyball. She was good at that sport, but her clumsiness made it hard to practise other sports.

''Hey, you seem like a pretty good soccer player''
Elly muttered and smiled. She lay her broom in the grass and waited for the boy to answer.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry, it is so short found it really hard to make something :r.

Busy with the ball on the ground, Syrus did not see the girl right away. He was too much into the soccer ball to notice. As she spoke, Syrus had kicked the ball up to his right knee. He hit it hard, sending the ball flying in the opposite direction. "Ah, thanks!" Syrus piped up. Syrus had some interest in muggel sports, his dad had been a muggel coach when he was younger. Syrus didn't remember him much, any memory of him were limited. Sad, though the very little he did recalled, his dad had wanted the young boy to get into sports.

"Do you play?" Syrus turn towards the brunette. His eyes wonder from her face down to the broomstick besides her. If he wasn't in such a happy mood, she would've probably heard him grumble at that thing. Lately, he done good to ignore the field and quidditch. He's taken a temporary hiatus from the game and broomsticks.

OOCOut of Character:

Nonsense!
It's perfect.

With her broom laying in the grass, Elly looked at the boy. He seemed to kick the ball in the opposite direction and Elly grabbed her wand. ''Accio soccer ball'' The ball in question floated back in her hand and Elly walked up to the boy. She handed the ball over and looked at him. ''No, I have never played soccer'' Elly muttered with a blush on her cheeks.

''It does look awesome, but I am way too clumsy to do any sport.''
She didn't even count Quidditch as a sport. She didn't like most sports, she liked to watch people that were good at doing the sport. They at least seemed to make it look so easy and when Elly tried it looked like nothing. Elly shrugged when she thought back about all the sports her dad made her do. It wasn't that bad of a time, but each time her dad could and patch her up.

''How many years have you played soccer?''
She knew many students practised this sport. It was one of the more popular muggle sports around the school.

Syrus took a hold of the ball, giving the girl a puzzled look. "I can see that." Syrus toss the ball up in the air and took it back to his knees. One at time, he thump the ball with his knees. "First rule of soccer, if you ever do play it, don't use your wand." Syrus teased the witch. It just seemed so unnatural to him. Other muggels unlike him, would've freaked out over her usage of a wand. "Second rule, I don't know it. I'm no expert." He lazily shrugged, grinning. He let the ball roll on the ground before them.

"Really? Clumsy for soccer but not quidditch?" Syrus brows raised, retrieving the ball with both hands. "It's similar in some ways. I only know how to play soccer because my dad was a coach." Syrus responded. He couldn't remember a time yet he's mention his dad before. Limited memories of him would do that to some people.

"Not enough." He went and kicked the ball over at her. "It's not so hard, try it?"

When Syrus teased her with not using her wand Elly smiled. Her dad was a muggle and she lived with him for most of her holidays. ''Well, I can't use my wand at home so you ought to practise somewhere'' Elly winked and smiled. When the boy said he was no expert her smile grew bigger. So he had no clue either. Which made the level difference not that big and they could still play together.

''I can't walk for ten minutes straight, without having near falls and almost walking into a doorpost or two.'' It was true and Elly giggled. Her clumsiness was a whole other level. ''With Quidditch you fly and you don't use your legs'' It did sound so easy for her, but Sophie had also questioned it before. It was cool that his dad was a soccer coach and he learned it from there. ''My dad is an ER doctor and hates his daughter getting hurt, so that meant no sports for me'' When normal people had camps of their sports, Elly went to space camp.

Elly tried to kick the ball back, but it went to a different side then she had intended to. ''Maybe I should keep, I know I can do that'' She was the keeper of the Ravenclaw team and keeping meant you had to stay still and protect at goal.

Syrus witness her weak display of kicking the ball. "In which direction were you aiming that?" The boy jokingly says as he retrieve the ball from the ground. If she had kicked any harder and it would've ended up in the bushes near the entrance. The thorny kind of bushes anyone would want to avoid at all cost.

"I think, and I don't know you like that, but I think you're giving yourself bad luck. Cause you've been standing there for a good five minutes and I didn't see you stumble not once." The Gryffindor said as he made his quick observation. Then he drop the ball on the ground, kicking in his path aiming at his opponent.

"Fine by me, try and stop me?" Syrus maneuvered the ball between his legs, then kicked really hard to Elizabeth.
She must be like really good to be on the team? It's silly how he rarely attended the games, and yet, he wanted to be on his house team so bad. Perhaps this time around he'll actually support his team and his friends who plays on the other. Perhaps not.

When the boy asked which way she was aiming the ball at, Elly felt ashamed. ''Well, definitely not that way'' Elly smiled and was glad she didn't kick the ball in one of the rose bushes around. It wasn't fun to manually get a ball out of a bush filled with thorns. ''Standing is easy, walking isn't'' Elly winked, standing still was doable, walking was the hard part.

She was definitely going to try and stop the boy, she also needed to protect her reputation as a keeper. Although keeping with football was different Elly focussed and reached out. She caught the ball with one hand and let it spin through her fingers. ''Definitely isn't the same, but more doable.'' Elly said while throwing the ball back to Syrus. Elly smiled broadly, she was actually having fun.

"Standing, walking? Same thing." He tries to tell her, or rather play it off. "Maybe you have two left feet? It's very common, ya know." Syrus suggested in the middle of their little soccer game. Elizabeth stopped him from scoring or letting it get passed her. The boy cracked a smile, rolling his eyes.

"It's the same, like a quaffle." Syrus pointed out that observation. "They're both made of leather and about the same size." He sounded like an expert. Because there was just a few times he held a quaffle, but to actually play with one he didn't know how that would feel. Syrus again, bump this ball to his knee and using the foot to lead him to score he hit the ball as hard as he can. "Try and stop me now?!"

It definitely wasn't the same thing, since you Elly could stand still for ages and not fall over. Walking was harder, but she wasn't going to tell Syrus that. ''Maybe'' Elly muttered. It looked like Elly could get along with everyone, but it was harder with this boy.

''A soccer ball is lighter and isn't bewitched to fall slowly'' Len said matter-of-factly. He clearly didn't know what he was talking about and it annoyed Elly somehow. It was saying that every tree was the same, when there are different species of trees. ''I will'' Elly muttered while she tried to stop the ball. Elly tried to stop him and although she didn't like him as much as she thought, it was still fun. ''Maybe you should come to a Quidditch match and see me in action'' Elly winked and smiled.

"Bewitched to fall slowly?" Syrus kicked was met by the keeper's hand. Evidently, he didn't know anything what he was talking about. Syrus made guesses by observation. He scrunched his brows, leaning over as he touched his knees. "Good catch. I can see why you're on the team."

He didn't have to attend a game to see her in action. Syrus was seeing it from his end. "Sure, yeah. I'll come, I'll probably be there shouting for the other team." He smirks as he collected the soccer ball off the ground. "Take a break?" Syrus wonder closer to the girl. "Tell me about yourself, where in the world ya from?"

When the boy didn't know the quaffle was bewitched Elly smiled. It was a stupid nerd fact Elly knew and it almost felt too stupid to share.''Well the quaffle has a charm on it so that it doesn't fall as fast to the ground, it falls very slowly so we keepers can grab it out of the air easily'' Elly muttered, it was a lot of text at once and Elly looked at Syrus to see if she hadn't bored him already. Elly laughed and giggled ''Thanks'' Elly muttered, she wasn't that used to compliments.

''Haha, funny'' Elly said in a sarcastic tone, well she wouldn't be mad if the boy shouted for Gryffindor. She was loyal to her house too, although she wanted Gryffindor at first. Elly nodded and thought about his question. ''Eh, I am Elizabeth and I am thirteen years old from England and New Zealand'' Her family was a bit screwed up and thus she was from both countries. ''I am not that interesting really, you?'' Elly smiled broadly.

Syrus wasn't aware of the fact quaffle were bewitched to fall slowly. What else didn't he know? Wasn't that a form of cheating? Man, did he had a lot to learn. He wasn't aware of these facts not even by April, which was surprising. She always told him everything.

"Elizabeth? I'm Syrus." He was about to outstretch his hand, but he's not a formal type of kid. He gave her a smile, and kind of salute by the head instead. "American, recognize my accent?" He went on saying. "I'm from Ohio. Nothing interesting here, either. As muggelborn, you all guys have the cool stuff going on. Though I have to admit, you severely lack a form of entertainment and it's called television." God did he miss watching his Saturdays morning cartoon and all the comic based show he used to watch back home. Now and days, he rarely seen in front of a tv, unless he was back home during the breaks. Otherwise, he dropped a lot of his major interest from before.

The fact that he saluted her was kind of cute. ''Well just call me Elly, Elizabeth is for old people.'' Elizabeth sounded like a name for a forty year old not for a young teen. Her dad liked the name and had picked it out, Elly definitely questioned his taste in names.

Elly hadn't recognized the accent, she had never been to America so she had no clue what the accents were like there. ''Not really, I am really bad with accents'' Elly admitted shyly. She did smile though it was awesome he was from America. ''My mother is a witch and my dad is a muggle, they divorced when I was seven.'' Elly paused ''I lived one year with one and the next with the other, so yes in one year I did miss television internet and all the other electric things'' it did sound odd and Elly didn't know what Syrus was going to think of her. ''Were you surprised when you learned you could do magic?'' With Elly there was a big change she was going to be magical, but with muggleborns no one even knew before the letter.

"Elly, alright okay?" Syrus sort of shrug and tilt his head. He had no problem calling her either. Though, he'll be mindful of her preferences. He didn't get how Elizabeth sounded old, maybe traditional but not old.

"Really, you can't tell? Crap, I'm blending in! Dammit." He laughs, shaking his head. All signs of his Americanism slowly disappearing. He definitely couldn't wait to finish Hogwarts now, he missed his small town in Columbus. He totally relating to his sister more and more these days. "Oh, that's too bad." Syrus heard the word divorce, immediately the boy sympathetic towards the girl. "A little." He answered her question. "My oldest brother was the first, then came my sister, and then me. By the time it happen to me, my mom wasn't freaking out about it anymore. But she did move us here." Syrus shrug, that part he yet to understand. Why New Zealand, out of all places? Why here?

"Okay, I don't know about you but I'm getting hungry. Wanna take a tour around the kitchen?"

When the boy said he was blending in Elly smiled. Not knowing a lot of Americans made it a lot easier to blend in. She couldn't tell the difference between a Canadian and an American either so that wasn't telling much. Then again if you were around people with Australian accents you adopted some of the words. ''A full family of muggleborns that must have been a shock'' Normally it could be that the brother or sister was a regular muggle, but one of the family was a muggleborn. She just lived with her dad which made her go to Hogwarts New Zealand. Her mom didn't like Hogwarts Scotland that much and the other schools weren't that familiar. ''Yes, definitely'' Elly paused ''but I want to make it myself, I hate it when the house elves are treated like slaves'' Sometimes people just stole full cakes and sandwiches since they were too lazy to make them themselves. House elves didn't own that much magic and couldn't make food out of nothing.

"As I said before, once it was me my mom wasn't spazzing out." Syrus gesture with his hand, as if to say what could have been done by it. "Small townees in Americans are very close minded, not all. But there are plenty, who would run us outta of town if they find out." Syrus sort of explained any further confusion why they were here. They could've easily gone to Massachusetts, but if he had to guessed it was the job offered to teach in elementary school that may have done and wield their mom across this side of the world. "Okay, whatever. I'll probably make something for myself too. They don't do subs with Miracle Whip, someone should really teach them." Syrus spoke as he tossed the soccer ball up in the air. He wishing he had brought his wand out. Knowing him, he'd abounded the ball somewhere in the kitchen because he such a lazy idiot. It would never occurred to him to get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back