Speechless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belladonna Metzger

Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Although Matt and Belladonna had agreed to go to the Yule Ball together, she was still unsure whether it could be labeled as a date or not. I've had like five cups of punch already. I freaking love this thing." All the cookies and food she could eat. Matt already knew that Belladonna loved food, so indulging to her hearts content tonight shouldn't bother him. Thankfully she had a killer metabolism that kept her from turning into a little blueberry. "I'd ask you if you'd like to dance, but I'm not very graceful when it comes to....well anything. So we'd better not." Belladonna bit into a cauldron cake and eyed the dance floor. Belladonna was clumsy enough as it was, so adding dancing to the mix while she was hyped up on punch didn't sound all that appealing. Unless Matt really wanted to. Her crush on him was pretty strong, so she'd do just about anything to make him happy.

Matt agreed to go to the Yule Ball with Belladonna a while back, but by now, he didn't know who'd brought it up. It was probably him since he planned on doing something tonight. He looked over at Belladonna as she said that she had five cups of punch already. Hell, Matt was still on his first one! Then again, all the sweets were bound to make him feel nauseous. He knew that Belladonna would love the food though. How she ate so much and not turn into a whale was beyond him. She mentioned on how she'd ask him to dance, but she wasn't graceful. So, she thought that it was better not to. "Maybe we should. If we go slow, and you follow my lead, then you may turn into a pretty graceful dancer. Besides, the guy is supposed to ask the girl to dance." Matt reached his hand out for her to take, so that he could lead the two of them onto the dance floor. After what happened in the hospital wing, he thought that he needed to take his chance to mend what was damaged.

Belladonna gently raised a brow. Although they had been pretty good friends since their first year, Belladonna had never quite realized just how traditional Matt really was when it came to the idea of romance. It was refreshing to think that someone out there still was though. "It's a new age Matty, girls are doing all sorts of things they never used to do. Including asking a boy to dance." Women were becoming more bold and confident, and Belladonna hoped that she would be able to embody those traits herself when it came to men and establishing her place in the world. The fruity liquid was swallowed once more as Belladonna finished the last of her punch and looked towards Matt's outstretched hand. "You're either very brave, or just crazy." The young Gryffindor set her empty cup aside and smiled wryly. Matt continued to hold his hand out and Belladonna found herself unable to ignore it no matter how hard she tried. Sighing she set her hand into Matt's heavily and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor.

When Belladonna mentioned that they were living in a new age. Girls did all sorts of things that they were never used to. He didn't know. He grew up on shows and stuff, when he wasn't out, scavenging for food for Mason and himself. So, naturally, before Hogwarts New Zealand, he had no idea what girls were like. "I've not had much contact with girls, so I wouldn't really know what's modern. Just know that chivalry isn't dead." Matt just wanted her to know that it definitely wasn't dead. He was kind and whatnot, but only when needed. He led Belladonna to the dance floor. His hands rested upon her hips, and he smiled as he moved slowly to the music, gentle little steps. Something even a clumsy person could follow. "As Gryffindors, we need to be brave. And as someone brave, I have to ask you a question." With very slow movements, it was as if they were just gently moving. His eyes tried to stay away from some eyes that he could feel burning into his back. It wasn't comfortable.

Belladonna almost felt bad. For some reason she had expected Matt to have more experience with girls than he actually did. It was cute though, at least he was trying. "Trust me, I know. My dad is like the king of romance. The way he treats Winnie is really one of the cutest things I've ever seen. I hope to one day have a love life like that. After I become a super mega Quidditch star of course!" Belladonna didn't want Matt to think that love was all she thought about. Until this year she had barely thought of her future and the kind of man she wanted, usually her mind was all about Quidditch, food, and taking naps whenever she could. Belladonna's hands found Matt's shoulder and although he was guiding her easily, she still found herself tripping over her own feet from time to time. Thankfully she had Matt there to steady her body every single time. "You look sort of uncomfortable. Are you okay? Ask away though, I'm sure I have an answer." A million ideas floated trough Belladonna's head. What could he be planning on asking her. Hopefully it was something good, so far her night had been perfect. No bullies, she felt like a princess, and there was all the good food she could eat. Not to mention she also had a cute boy to dance with now.

Matt heard Belladonna mention on how her dad was the king of romance. The way he treated Winnie was cute. Matt didn't know exactly what happened in Belladonna's house. But he did know who Winnie was. Dietrich's girlfriend. That much was something that he knew. And she wanted to have a love life after she became a mega Quidditch star. "Shouldn't be too hard. Thousand of fans, and your Quidditch skills. It is good to put a career first." He didn't know what he wanted to be when he was older. He didn't really think about it right now. Belladonna seemed to have a good way of dancing right now, and didn't trip over her own feet too much. She mentioned how he looked uncomfortable, and if he was okay, before telling him to ask away. "I'm okay. Just not used to dancing. Anyway, want to be my girlfriend?" She liked him, and he liked her. It just seemed to work. He was quick to ask the question, but it wasn't nervous at all. He just didn't like it when dark, beady eyes drilled holes in the back of his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back