Southern Comfort

A soft throaty groan let go from Marleigh as Cam kissed down her neck. "I love you," she said in a hushed tone as he continued his trail of kisses. And she did, she loved him with everything that she was and she knew that them being together right now was exactly where she wanted to be.

When Marleigh awoke a little while later it was dusk outside, with the last bit of sunlight streaming in through the bedroom windows. A grin broke onto her face when she realized that she was in Cam's arms. Perfection. It was the only word that she could think of. She lightly ran a finger up his bare chest and across his jawline, just staring there at him in the orange glow that was cast in the room.

Cameron heard her whispered words that only completed this perfect moment. His lips trailed along her skin, making their way back to her ear. "I love you too." he whispered. Nothing could possibly ruin this moment for the two of them.

When Cameron woke up, he was momentarily confused. It was dark outside. He thought for a moment that it had all been a dream. However, he felt something tickling him along his chest and jaw. Cam turned to the beautiful girl in his arms. It had all been real. He smiled softly at her before hugging her tighter. His lips brushed the top of her head. "Hello beautiful." he whispered sweetly.

Marleigh stretched, her muscles slightly sore, but nothing unmanageable. She situated herself to where she was over him now, leaning over and kissing him playfully. "Hi," she said sweetly, resting her chin on his chest and looking at him. Then out of nowhere the need that she'd neglected earlier in the afternoon came back to her with a loud growl. Marleigh couldn't help, but laugh as she said, "Hmm, maybe I should eat something now." She rolled out of bed and picked up Cam's flannel shirt off the ground and put it on. "You coming?"

Cameron never ceased to be in awe of the girl in front of him. Today had been magical and perfect. Like two pieces of a puzzle fitting together. He shook his head, laughing as her tummy rumbled. "I suppose I should have let you eat." he said, frowning at his neglect to her needs. He watched her with a smirk on his face as she picked up his shirt and put it on. She looked delectable. He chuckled as she turned back and asked him if he was coming. "Yes, I am." he said sitting up. He found his blue jeans and pulled them on. He didn't bother with a shirt. "Let's go get you some dinner darlin'." he said, taking her by the hand.

Having to stop and stare at how perfect every bit of him was, Marleigh just smiled to herself. She didn't know how she'd gotten so lucky as to be the one to snag him up, but she thanked her lucky stars every day for him. Letting Cam lead her to the kitchen, Marleigh sat down in one of the chairs and pulled her knees up to her chest. "So what are we having?"

Cameron grinned crookedly as they made their way to the kitchen. She was stunning in his simple flannel shirt. Everyday was a new adventure with her. He laughed as she asked him a question. She just looked too darn adorable. "What would you like my dear? We have pretty much everything you might ever want. I had the staff stock the house with food in preparation for this weekend." he told her affectionately. It was all done for her. Everything was all for her.

Marleigh thought about it for a minute, trying to decide what she wanted to eat. With an almost childlike expression on her face she popped her head up and said with a grin, "French toast and bacon!" It was her absolute favorite food and had been since she was little.

Cameron nodded his head. He wanted to indulge her every whim. "Coming right up." he said, flashing a grin. He busily prepared everything for them to eat. He finished it all within 15 minutes. He sat a plate down in front of Marleigh and another one in front of the seat beside her. "What do you want to drink?" he asked her. They had everything, including alcohol. Sean knew that it was legal in the wizarding world so he allowed Cam to have it at the house. He smiled at his love as he waited for her answer.

Marleigh rested her head on her knees as she watched Cam prepare her something to eat. She'd only been here for a few hours, but it had been the most meaningful and perfect few hours of her nineteen year old life. "Milk please," she said looking up at him with a serene look upon her face. She turned her attention to the food in front of her, drowned her french toast in syrup and picked up her fork. It was absolutely delicious. "Well it's official. You're number one in my book. You can cook so I'm keeping you," she joked as she munched on a piece of bacon.

"Milk it is." Cam said with a wink to his girlfriend. It already felt like they had been here for days. Cam could get used to this quick. He got out two glasses and filled them with milk. He took them back to the table and sat down. He chuckled as she joked with him. He nodded his head before flashing her a grin. "Well you are definitely number one in my book." he only half teased with her. On the note of keeping him, he cleared his throat. "Actually Marls I wanted to talk to you about that." he said, before taking a bite of bacon. He took a gulp of milk before continuing. He turned his bright blue eyes on her to look at her fully. "How would you feel about apartment hunting?" he asked her, his eyes warm.

Marleigh playfully stuck her tongue out at Cam before returning her attention to the plate in front of her. She listened intently to what he was saying as she ate then she took her glass and sipped on the milk as she caught a look at his blue eyes watching her. "You mean," her voice trailed off as a beaming grin broke out across her face. Marleigh hopped out of her chair and walked over, sliding into Cam's lap and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Will we have days like this everyday? If that's a yes then I'm all over that idea like white on rice," she said excitedly as she rested her forehead against his.

Cameron watched her nervous about what she might say. This would be a huge step in their relationship, making it all the more perfect. He was relieved as a grin broke across her face. It was infectious and he too was grinning like a fool. As she slipped into his lap, he wrapped his arms securely around her. His eyes twinkled at her excitement. "Yes, it would be a given for everyday to be like this. Would you like that?" he asked her, kissing her cheek.

Quirking an eyebrow at him she said mischeviously, "We'll have days exactly like today everyday? I'm sold!" Marleigh kissed her way up his jaw and down his neck before planting a deep kiss right on his lips. She caught a glimpse of her reflection in one of the kitchen windows and made a face. "Ugh, why didn't you tell me I looked like a freaking mess? I probably need a shower," she said still holding onto him tightly, not ready to let him go just yet.

Cameron laughed as she got a mischievous smile on her face. He knew exactly what she meant when she spoke. He ate her kisses up, wanting more. This girl had enchanted him in every possible way. The only problem for them would be his job and the restrictions it put on what he could and could not tell her. "I think we could work something out." he said, throwing her a playful glance. He frowned as she said she looked like a mess. Why on earth did she think that? He shook his head. "You look beautiful. Absolutely stunning." he told her, the sincerity of his words ringing in his voice.

"Uh, huh...you're just in an exceptionally good mood right now," Marleigh said with a wink as she stood up and stretched again. Taking the empty plates, glasses, and silverware she walked over to the sink and washed them before putting them all back in their appropriate places. She turned and leaned back on the counter, facing him and said, "Still think I might go take a shower." Marleigh just stood there for a minute, waiting to see what Cam's next action would be before sauntering over to him and brushing her lips lightly over his and then wandering to the stair case, looking over her shoulder when she got there back at her boyfriend before heading up slowly.

Cameron watched Marleigh clean the dishes before putting them up. She even did it the muggle way! Cam grinned at his girl. She was just about as perfect as they came. He was impressed at how at home she felt. It made him happy that she like it here. Cam raised an eyebrow at her as she kissed him. He watched her walk slowly towards the steps. Cam hopped out of his chair and ran to her. He scooped her up in his arms, Gone with the Wind style. It was a mock imitation of Rhett carrying Scarlett up the grand stairs. "Care if I join you?" he asked, walking up the stairs.

Marleigh started laughing as she was scooped up and carried up the stairs, just like she'd seen in so many old muggle movies. "I was wondering how long it was gonig to take you to catch on," she said, feeling like a giggly school girl, only she'd never ever been like this when she attended Salem...in fact she'd only ever been on one date with a boy then. "You know you carrying me everywhere is so much better than flying any day," Marleigh sighed resting her head on his shoulder, pressing light kisses to his neck.

Cameron chuckled at her. "I caught on early. I just wanted to make you wait for it." he teased the girl in his arms. Cameron looked down at her with loving eyes. "I'll carry you anywhere." he said. It was a tad cheesy but it was how he felt. He rounded the corner and into the bathroom. He placed her gently on her feet. Then, he pulled her tight to him, kissing her deeply.

Marleigh could feel the hot sensation pulsing through her again and was surprised that it was even more noticeable this time. She snaked her arms around his torso, lightly rubbing her fingers up and down his spine, slowly pulling him closer and closer to her. "If I would have known this was how the weekend was going to go I would have packed less clothes than I did," she joked, breathing against him heavily.

"For all I care, you could have packed no clothes." Cam whispered to her. His fingers unbuttoned all of the plaid shirt's button. He ran his fingers lightly down the opening. She looked drop dead beautiful. He parted with her for just a moment so that he could turn the shower on to the perfect temperature. He grabbed her around the waist and pressed his lips to her. He kissed her with passion and intensity, as if they were the only two in the world. He never wanted to leave her side.

Every place Cam touched felt like it was on fire. His lips against hers made her feel alive and like their was nothing else in the world that mattered. The room filled with steam from the shower and Marleigh laughed saying, "It looks like a fog storm in here. Someone's gonna think the house is on fire." She claimed his mouth again, running her fingers through his hair, pulling him closer and closer to her so as not to leave even the tiniest amount of space between the two of them.

Cameron was so consumed with Marleigh that he barely paid attention to her words. "Let them." he said roughly. He didn't care what anyone except Marleigh thought. He removed the shirt she was wearing before picking her up and placing her in the shower. He joined her with a crooked grin on his face. This was certainly a good weekend.

Marleigh was still laughing as Cam whisked her into the shower. It was such a wonderful weekend and they'd only been here just a few short hours. The hot water beat down on the both of them and Marleigh just closed her eyes and let everything consume her completely.

The blow dryer felt good against her face. Sure she may be a witch, but there were some things that she still preferred doing the good old muggle way. She undid her towel and slipped into her old t-shirt and sweat pants before heading back out into the bedroom. Marleigh leaned against the door frame and smiled. Cam was already laying in the bed and was sleeping. Quietly she slipped in beside him, snuggling up close to him and kissing him lightly on the forehead before drifting off to sleep next to the man she loved.

Cameron woke in the morning with Marleigh in his arms. The beautiful autum sun was shining through the windows. He looked down at his love and smiled. She looked like an angel, perfect and soft. His kissed the top of her head and pulled her closer. He loved this girl laying beside him. This weekend had already been magical and it had just started.

Marleigh squinted against the sunlight that was streming in through the room. She stretched as she looked up at Cameron and smiled. "Morning," she said sweetly as she snuggled into him, breathing him in to make sure he wasn't actually a dream. Laying there for a few more minutes she snaked her arms around his neck and kissed him full on the lips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back