Southern Comfort

Cameron grinned as his girlfriend as she woke up. "Morning Love." he whispered in her ear. He pulled her close to him. His lips met her with warmth and desire. He broke away reluctantly and gave her a crooked smile. "To think I'm going to get to wake up to this every morning." he said softly.

"I say that makes you the luckiest man in the world," Marleigh joked, resting her forehead against his. She laid there only a few moments more before sitting up in the bed, dangling her legs over the side. Slowly she stood, stretching her muscles out as she did so. Marleigh turned to face Cameron with her mock pouty face. She rubbed her hand over her belly and said, "It's making funny noises again. I think I need food."

Cam laughed at the girl in front of him. She was too funny sometimes. He shook his head at her before sitting up. He stood up and stretched. He pulled a pair of clean blue jeans on. He flashed his girl a smile. "I'll race ya." he said giving her a wink. He sprinted off and down towards the kitchen.

"You cheat," Marleigh yelled after him as she took off after Cameron, trying to catch up with him as she took the steps two at a time. "That mister...is going to cost you," she glared at him jokingly as she walked by him, lightly popping him on the rear.

Cameron chuckled as she bumped into him. He shook his head. "And just what missy is it going to cost me?" he asked her playfully. He grinned at her. She looked beautiful even after she had just woken up. "What would you like for breakfast darlin'?" he asked her.

"You really don't want to know," Marleigh said in a fake huff when Cam asked her what it was going to cost him. "Hmm, let me think...how about a good ole southern breakfast? I haven't had a real one since I left home," she said with a grin, facing him, knowing that he of all people could cook her a decent southern breakfast. She watched as Cam cooked, loving everything about him. The ate and talked about getting an apartment when they got back to New Zealand. Her life was perfect in every single way right now and absolutely nothing could have ruined it.

After the dishes had been cleared and put away, Marleigh got dressed and grabbed her guitar case while Cam showered. She was sitting on a blanket out in the back yard, leaning up agasint a magnolia tree. With her guitar across her lap she began to play and sing a song that her mom used to sing to her when she was little.

Cameron laughed at his girlfriend. He made her the breakfast she asked for. It wasn't hard for him to make her a southern breakfast. He enjoyed the food as they laughed and talked about their future apartment. Cam helped clean up the dishes before kissing her on the cheek. He excused himself to go upstairs and shower.

After he was presentable again, Cameron made his way to where Marleigh was outside. She had managed to find his favorite tree. He walked silently to her, listening to her sing. She really was amazing. Cameron clapped for her. "That was beautiful darlin'." he said affectionately.

"Sweet heavens...you scared me," Marleigh said with a start when she heard Cam clapping. She patted the blanket beside her for him to sit down. "Thanks, my mom used to sing it to me when I was little. She used to sing too...before, well before I got my letter. The music kind of died in my household once the fact that I was a witch came about," she said looking out across the lawn before starting in on another song. Music had always been her safe haven...her place to turn when she had nothing else going for her, but now with Cam she had something else. Something she felt safe with.

Cameron sat down next to his beautiful girlfriend. He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. "I'm sorry I scared you darlin'." he told her honestly. Cam hadn't heard much about Marleigh's family but he got the impression they did not enjoy the fact that their daughter was a witch. He had been lucky that his father was so accepting of everything his children did. Cameron watched Marleigh as she played another beautiful song. He enjoyed listening to her. His family had a musical voices though none of them used them often enough. Cameron smiled at Marleigh as she finished. He leaned in and gave her a soft kiss on the cheek. "That was another beautiful song. I could listen to you sing all day." he told her fondly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back