Sorting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there Atra,

I think I'll take my explanation directly from this thread
Sorting said:
Sorting will begin near the end of December, after Christmas, depending on how early the Headmistress decides to begin it (We usually start over the Summer Break to keep ahead before classes start). Until you are sorted you will not have a Gringotts account and therefore cannot 'buy' anything. This area and the Hogwarts New Zealand Express are your areas to Roleplay in until sorting is prepared.

When sorting re-opens a form will be linked to both in the "Updates" dropdown list and here, along with a 'Sorting Ceremony' thread.
To be sorted you will fill out the form and Personal Message it to The Sorting Hat (This link will allow you to PM him). Next, you will post in a thread that the Headmistress and Sorting Hat will start normally titled 'Sorting Ceremony'. Your post should be a Role Play of your character's name being called, him/her going to the stool, and having the hat placed on them. The Sorting Hat will then edit your post with what house it feels your character is best suited for.

Once the Sorting Hat sorts you he will[ol]
[li]Change your member group to be in the proper house.</LI>
[li]Personal Message you with your house, your classroom passwords, your common room password, and possibly a dorm password if your character is female. (This may also include other miscellaneous information as to where you can find what)
<LI>[li]He may personal message you a school supplies list[/li][/ol]

If that leaves you with any questions or concerns please feel free to ask them.
I've decided to open sorting on Boxing Day (AKA the day after Christmas ;) )

Sorting normally closes around the second week of classes, with special exceptions made for people who desperately want to get sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back