Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
Too Young
Wand
Straight 15 Inch Flexible Ebony Wand with Boomslang venom Core
The words of the Sorting Hat were still echoing in Henry's ears as he took his seat. From what he knew about the four houses, he was pleased to be put into Slytherin. The Sorting Hat saw something in him that he hadn't known was there, and he was determined not to fail here. He sat down with some other kids about his age and almost missed Zion's name being called. When he heard it, Henry turned to watch him get sorted.

Luck was on his side. The one friend he'd made so far was also sorted into Slytherin. Henry waved him over, mouthing, "Over here!"

Zion let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when the hat placed him. He slid off the stool and hurried down the stairs, trying not to trip on his way to the table. He absolutely lit up when he spotted Henry waving him over. Zion hurried over as gracefully as he could and sat next to his friend. Once the sorting had resumed, he leaned in. "Looks like the odds are ever in our favor," he teased.

Henry made room for his friend on the bench, wondering if they were allowed to talk. Ah, well, either they were or they weren't, and there was only one way to find out. "Did you just quote The Hunger Games at me?" he whispered, remembering the old but popular series.

Zion smirked, winking playfully at Henry. "Come on. Long train ride, lots of kids, learning new skills, fabulous feasts." He leaned in, trying to look serious. "I bet those Hufflepuffs are vicious."

Henry smirked, trying not to laugh out loud. He really didn't need to get in trouble on his first night. "You want to form an alliance?" he teased quietly, leaning in. "Some Katniss and Peeta action?" Without the kissing or the suicide pact, of course.

Zion bit back a snicker, glancing around before looking back to Henry wth sparkling eyes. "You've got a deal. Should we trade pins or something?" He asked, thinking of the second movie. He pulled a small pen from his pocket and held out his hand, expecting Henry to give him his hand.

Henry held out his hand. “I don’t have anything on me—wait,” he gasped quietly, pulling out his house key. Guess he didn’t really need it anymore. “Here. Don’t break in or my mum will be pissed.” He offered the key with an amused smile.

Zion had to bite his lip to keep from laughing. "I was going to draw on your hand," He whispered, his eyes sparkling. "We can trade if you really want to," He agreed, flipping the marker subtly in his hand and offering it out to Henry. He'd been thinking of drawing a 'Z' on Henry's hand, but this worked too. They'd have to find something better later on anyway so it probably didn't matter what they chose now.

Henry laughed at his own mistake. At least the other boy was nice about it. It didn’t stop him from being embarrassed, but he could handle embarrassment. “Oops. Guess we’re rolling with this now,” he grinned, giving up the key and taking the pen. “Or maybe this whole thing has been a ploy to steal your very valuable pen,” he smirked.

Zion laughed, shaking his head and pocketing the key. "Well, I'll just have to find something impossibly better to give you later." He teased. "Or I'll just have to steal it back when you aren't looking." He winked playfully, thinking it would be a fun game to steal the pen back and forth.

“Not my new favorite pen,” Henry whispered with a fake gasp. “And good luck finding something better than this pen,” he added, turning it over in his fingers with a smirk. “I don’t think you’ll find anything.”

Zion smirked, thrilled with the new game they were playing, slipping the key into his pocket. "You better hold onto that pen," He whispered back. "I'm gunna steal it from you when you least expect it." He peeked up at the sorting but turned his attention back to Henry, more interested in his friend than the going ons around them.

"You would steal from me?" Henry asked dramatically as the sorting continued. He wasn't really invested in anyone else's house, being that he didn't know anyone else, but he clapped politely as some girl was sorted into Slytherin.

Zion smirked and leaned in, lowering his voice even more. "You better believe it," He winked playfully, inching his hand towards the pen. "If you don't keep an eye out, that pen is going to be mine." He teased, smiling impishly. "I like a challenge." He propped his chin in his hand.

Henry smirked and flipped the pen into his other hand. "Luckily, I'm very, very careful," he promised quietly. He tapped the tip of Zion's nose with the pen before slipping it into one of the convenient pockets of his new robes. "If it's a challenge you want, you're on."

Zion smirked, his eyes almost crossing as he tried to keep them on the pen. He blinked at the boop, shaking his head once and biting back a chuckle. He peeked up front, where the sorting seemed to be wrapping up, and he turned back to his friend with an impish grin. "Challenge accepted," He agreed, offering out his hand to shake on it.

Another student shushed them, but Henry just flashed her an innocent smile before turning back to Zion. He shook the boy's hand firmly. "Don't be a sore loser, okay?" he teased.

Zion laughed lightly and shook his head, propping his chin in his hand. "Same to you," he teased, blinking as the feast had suddenly begun. "Oh, would you look at that," he spoke normally now, looking around at all the food. "You hungry?"

Henry grinned as the food showed up magically. How was he ever supposed to get used to this magical place. "I'm always hungry," he admitted, ready to tuck in as the Great Hall filled up with noise and excitement. A lot of the first years, he noticed, were quiet and shy. He was glad he wasn't one of them, that he had a pal already. He started shoveling food onto his place. "Is there going to be this much food every night?" he asked, in awe.

Zion was a bit pickier with what he chose to eat, looking through the options before slowly filling his plate. "I think so," He mused. " They are feeding a lot of kids. Do you see how full the hall is?" He asked. "It's a good thing we live in a frigging castle, there are so many people here."

Henry laughed. "Yeah, this place looks huge. How are they going to get our stuff where it's supposed to go?" he asked, a little worried for the first time. The place was huge and Slytherins, he remembered, supposedly slept in a... dungeon? A literal dungeon, perhaps, with rats and torture machinery? He had no idea. "Oh," he realized with a jolt. "Magic, probably, isn't it?"

Zion smiled softly. "It's massive," He agreed. "They'd need magic, to keep up with a castle this big," He mused, looking around at the size of the great hall alone before looking up at the ceiling. "I mean, look up at that. That's amazing, isn't it?" He asked, smiling softly. It was so easy to get lost in the majesty of this place.

Distracted by everything around him, Henry hadn't bothered looking up. He did now--and his eyes went wide in sheer awe and wonder. It felt like... like when he was little and he believed in Santa Clause. There was no way he could deny magic now. "Wow," he breathed, the understatement of the century. "How on earth am I supposed to get used to that?"

Zion munched on his dinner, looking up at the ceiling and letting his eyes wander slowly over everything. "I hope not," He murmured. "Wouldn't that be sad? Looking at something so beautiful and just... not being fazed?" He asked, tossing a smile to Henry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back