Kiersten
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
11 in Knotted Silver Lime, Dragon Heartstring Core
Post Y40 Quidditch Cup Match

Juniper had kept it together for her team right after the game, but as she removed her padding for the last time, the Ravenclaw knew she couldn't go straight back to the tower. It was too embarassing. They were so close, and maybe she had put too much pressure on the team. She would have never wanted the chance at victory than to be just not quite good enough.

Moving toward the lake, she didn't see anyone around, as they were all likely celebrating in some fashion. Slytherin losing last year was apparently just a fluke that had gotten too many hopes up. Juniper had been so naive to think it was even possible to take the cup. She plopped on the ground near a tree, leaning back against it for a moment, before she felt cool tears start to run down her hot cheeks. The Ravenclaw wiped some away as she tried to undo her braids.

Sawyer had spent most of the post-match wind down convincing himself he wasn't a competitive person and that their loss in the final hadn't bothered him but despite his best mental arguments he still couldn't quite bring himself to join the rest of the crowd heading back up to the school. Instead, he figured some good old fashion lakeside brooding was in order as he slipped away from procession leaving the stands, only hesitating when he'd made it lakeside to spot a familiar figure sitting under one of the trees.

"I guess I need to find a more original spot for my brooding," he said lightly, shuffling awkwardly over to Juniper, close enough to talk but far enough away in case Juniper made it clear she wanted to be alone. Or possibly indicated she still wanted to take up the lake dunking offer despite their lack of victory. "Today could have gone... Worse. I suppose."

Juniper raised her head when she heard a voice and realized it was Sawyer. Wiping her face again, she kept on undoing a braid. She hated anyone on the team seeing her vulnerable like this, but if it was anyone, at least it was Sawyer. "I can move if you want," she said, taking a sniffle, before realizing there was plenty of room for them to brood together. "I guess I was just hopeful this might be the year we could win. Which was obviously a dumb hope." Her eyes wouldn't stop dripping salt water, and she wiped them again before finishing the undoing of her first braid. Now half her hair was just a puffy mess. Holding the ribbon in her hand, she set it down beside her. "I'm sorry I let you down."

Sawyer hummed noncommittally when Juniper offered to move, glad she didn't seem to be completely serious about it as he tentatively sat down next to her. He stared idly out into the lake, half to give Juniper some privacy when he heard her sniffle, half because he had promised himself some brooding and lake-staring was the best way to do it. "I mean hey, we got close," he offered her with a shrug. "Closer than I've ever seen, at least."

Sawyer glanced down at the ribbons when Juniper set them down, scrubbing a hand through his own hair before huffing in vague amusement. "Oh so it was you letting all those Slytherin goals in, I should have known," he said wryly, glancing at Juniper out of the corner of his eye. "You say that like you weren't going to throw me in the lake if won," he added, leaning back on his hands and letting out a deep breath. He was sure he was as disappointed as Juniper about the loss, but with each exhale he was hoping he could let the sharp feeling in his chest loosen some.

Juniper took a deep breath in as Sawyer sat next to her. Part of her wanted to be alone, but maybe having someone who understood how she felt would actually be better. "I think that's why I'm so upset... we were so close. Maybe that means next year is our year," she joked, bumping her shoulder into his. It took a moment to register that she wouldn't be apart of the "our," but she could at least try and support from afar.

"I would have never actually thrown you in the lake." Maybe that wasn't entirely true. "I just enjoy teasing you. And I know it wasn't entirely my fault. Liusaidh is a beast. But maybe if we had just practiced more or something, we could have won." They were no where close to claiming the House Cup so even a small victory would have been nice. "Anyway, you'll have to work 'em hard next year, captain."

Sawyer nodded somberly in agreement, letting out a huff at the idea that they would have to just try again next year. "I guess at least we lost to Slytherin. We're very good at doing that part by now," he said, picking idly at some of the grass by his feet. It would have been a nice send of, for Juniper, to have the cup before she graduated, but even with all his disappointment, Sawyer couldn't help but think they all knew they were going to lose this match. Ravenclaw was not known for produce the Quidditch legends.

He scoffed at Juniper's next comment, shaking his head. "Sure, and the pie in the face last time was just a coincidence," he said, rolling his eyes fondly. "I will admit I am probably more scared of Liusaidh Fergusson than I should be, considering she's not one of the people on the pitch with a bat," Sawyer admitted sheepishly. "But I think at a certain point all the what if's and extra practices can't make up for a bit of luck with the snitch," he said, stretching out his legs with a sigh. "Yeah, thanks for that by the way, can't wait for it to be my fault when we lose next time. How 'bout this, if we win next year, I'll throw Axel or Hamish into the lake in your honour," he said with a grin, taking his turn to knock Juniper's shoulders and trying to ignore the twist of excited horror at the idea that it was all on him as captain next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back