Sophia and Professor King

"Of course it doesn't work as well with anger as fire did." Professor King stated as if it were obvious, "If fire is the opposite of water, then what is the opposite of anger and rage?"

"I suppose...tranquility." Sophia frowned slightly, feeling a bit foolish. It was not like her to be wrong, or bad at something.

"Correct, Ms. Stark, so try again, but try and be calm, do you think you can manage this?" he asked as he aimed his wand at the dummy again and set it ablaze, hoping Sophia would improve this skill.

Sophia took a deep breath and turned back to the flaming dummy. Deciding that it would be better to actually concentrate on being calm and tranquil, she closed her eyes and continued to breath deeply, blocking out everything around her. After a few moments, Sophia opened up her eyes and stared calmly at the dummy. "Augamenti!" she said loudly, a bit less of a yell this time, flourishing her wand toward the dummy. The stream of water that burst from her wand was much more liberal than it had been, and the fire was extinguished more quickly this time. However, there was still room for improvement. Tranquility was not one of Sophia's strong suits.

Turning to Professor King, Sophia looked to him with a questioning look. "Better?"

"Yes, better, not perfect mind you, but better." Professor King replied with a smile, "You should practise that a little on your own."

"Now, I will teach you one new offensuve spell, assuming you can handle it, that is."

Sophia relaxed slightly and a small smile appeared on her lips. "There is no hurt in trying, correct?" Although not entirely thrilled with the idea of attempting a spell she might not be able to pull off in front of someone else, she was eager to learn.

'No hurt... unless you utterly screw up and hit me or somthing diffrent altogether happens' Professor King thought as he rose from the seat he had taken. "Alright then, since you seem to like being angry, I am going to play off your strong points." Professor King informed Sophia, "the spell you will be casting is 'Deprimo' it causes immense downwards pressure on anything it hits. That means, Ms. Stark, that you can be angry, and probably should be for it to work properly. You simply must focus your anger."

"Deprimo," she repeated softly, committing it to her memory. Sophia decided not to let the fact that this spell was a bit advanced shake her. If I worry that it is too hard, I will not be able to do it. She turned back to the dummy and closed her eyes, bringing thoughts of the daydream to her mind. Quite soon Sophia had channeled a good deal of anger, and she was trying considerably to control it rather than let it control her.

Sophia opened her eyes, which seemed to be glowing slightly, and pointed her wand at the dummy. "Deprimo!" she yelled, flourishing her wand toward the dummy. For a moment it looked as if nothing had happened, and Sophia began to frown dejectedly as she returned her wand to her side. Suddenly, the knees of the dummy buckled and it fell to the ground.

Her face lit up and she turned to Professor King, smiling genuinely. Sophia knew that it was not really a great result, but at least she had done something.

A bit delayed, and a very, very mild reaction, but altogether good for the first time." Professor King stated, "Next time this happens we will go over the theory of disillusionment (( <_< yipee <_< )), I recommend you practise on you own until then." he smiled lightly as he said this the turned towards the door. "Good-day Ms. Stark." he called out behind him as he left the room.

"Thank you Professor," Sophia managed to get in before the Professor left. Although the lesson was over, she was in the mode and decided to stay behind and practice more on her own. She was determined to master these spells, wanting to better herself as much as possible so that when the time came she would be able to pull the spells off without a hitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back