Some time with Godmother

Andrew Bruke

Andrew went to Brighstone Village with all the other students but didn't get up the train.Instead he went to Madam Malkins which was owned by his Godmother.He was very pleased to have someone to call them his relative as he was an orphan.He was gald that he wouldnt have to go back to the scum orphanage and would be living with Mallory.He entered the shop and saw that Mallory wasn't here. Thats okay.I can wait and till than attend some customers he thought as he saw the crowd of first years buying their robes.He got behind the counter and attended a silly little girl and her giggling friend.He hoped that Mallory would return fast.

Mallory had gone shopping so that she could buy a gift for Andrew.She apparated back to Brightsone thinking that Andew must have arrived.She entred Madam Malkins and squeezed her way to behind the counter due to the ammount of rush.She immediately spotted Andew and smiled at him and pulled him in a hug."Andrew, how have you been son?"She asked.The attention of some customers drew this way but Mallory didnt care.

"Greetings ma"he said as he hugged her.For the first time in his life he had got a hug of warmth and it showed that she was there for him."So are we going home at evening.I think I can give you a hand with all these customers."he said with a smile

"No.We need to go now.We'll have some lunch and you'll rest at home while I will come back for some work."she said with a smile as she instrcuted Violet and the other assitant to take care of the shop for sometime."We'll be appartaing.You can appartate on my side."she said as she holded his hand tight and thought to reach her destination, The White Serpent manor.When she opened the eyes they were standing at the entrance and she told Andrew."Son, your new home.The White Serpent Manor."
manor-oaks-ext.jpg

"Okay" Andrew agreed to mallory's decision and waved goodbye to Violet.He holded Mallory's hand tight and than he felt like he was travelling a dozen yards per mini seconds and than his feet touched the ground.He looked around, the air was light and the winds were blowing at full speed.He looked at The White Serpent Manor, it was unique."Its really beautiful.Are we on hight altitude?"he asked Mallory as he looked around to the sight of the mountains and the fog filled atmosphere.

"Yes, the manor is located on a hill.I am afraid I cannot say which or where because thats a secret only the Malkin family can know.I am sorry.I will explain it to you later."she said as she gestured him to the entrance."Now you must hold my hand to enter the enchantments."she explanied.

"Oh! Okay"he said as he holded Mallory's hand and walked further.He felt like he was being pushed away by a great force but Mallory's hand was producing a anti-charm thing that helped Andrew to get in.As they came into a clearing of grass Andrew saw that the Mansion was great and looked more beutiful and ancient from where they stood."Ma,do the ministry know where the mansion is?"he asked with curiousity.

"I dont think so,its enchanted and no one can find it on the map.If a muggle comes near it he remembers something and goes away.And if a mudblood, I hope you know what the term means apparocahes the house I am afraid to say he or she will get a Stunning or a jinx"she said with a sigh."It was one of my dad's creation.He hated mudbloods."

"Oh! Was he a pureblood?"he asked in excitement.He always wanted to be a pureblood and today finally he would know about his mom and her past.What had happened to her and how.How she and Mallory ahd become friends.All the secrets were going to be revealed."Can we go in?I feel cold"he said with a smile

"Yes, he was a pureblood"she said feeling sick.She couldnt bare remembering her father."Yes, lets go"she said as she walked into the main gates and before her eyes appaered the house elf, Lizzy.

Andrew gaped at the beautiful sitting room and than was shocked as a tiny figure with abt like ears who was wearing a filthy cloth poped in front of them"EEE...whats this?"he asked in astonishment
on-of-the-sitting-rooms.jpg

Lizzy appeared with a pop infront of her mistress.Bowing down till her nose touched the ground, she said"Lizzy is please to Serve the Malkin's.You called for Lizzy, mistress?"she asked.Lizzy saw that a young boy had accompanied her mistress to the White Serpent Manor, she hoped he was a halfblood or else the name of the Malkin family would sink."I am Lizzy, Lizzy the house elf who will serve the Malkin family for all her life with delight."she said with a smile to the boy.

"Yes Lizzy.I wanted to tell you that this is Andrew, my god son.You will also have to obey his orders from now on."she said taking a pause."House elf"she corrected Andrew and than continued"A house elf is a magical creature that serves wizardinf families.Mudbloods dont have them and a few half bloods do.They are passed from generations and house elf's children serve the family and continue their role in serving the wizards."she explained with a smile."The most house elves found in New Zealand are at Hogwarts but of course they work in the kitchens and you arent ment to see them."she continued."What would you like to eat for lunch?"she asked Andrew with a smile.

Andrew nodded at Mallory showing that he had understood."Greetings Lizzy."he said with a nod towarsd the house elf."I'd like to have some steak, baked potatoes and a pizza with extra cheese"he said as the name of the watery dishes made him feel more hungry.

"Lizzy, prepare all these in half an hour and serve us on the dinning table.Before you leave, please bring me some house elf made red wine and choclate Sundae for andrew.We are waiting in the sitting room."she said to the house elf.

"Yes Mistress"she said as she disappeared with a pop.Lizzy poured red wine into the enchanted glass which could only go into the hands of the owner of the White Serpent manor, which currently was Mallory.If anyone who was not the owner of the maor touched the glass he would get his hand swolen as if bubotuber pus would effect on one's hand.She than put some chocolate sundae into a glass bowl and put both the items on a tray and poped into the sitting room.
272529.jpg

Mallory led the way and than sat on the main couch in the sitting room."Andrew, sit"she said with a smile.She waited for Lizzy. Why was it taking her so long just to bring wine? she thought."LIZZY!"she screamed and saw the house elf appear infront of her.She got on her feet, now three times higher than the elf and screamed" DOES IT TAKE THIS MUCH TIME TO BRING A GLASS OF WINE??" and took her wine from the tray.She withdrawed her wand and leviated the choclate sundae and gave it in Andrew's hand and than she continued"SHALL I GIVE YOU CLOTHES? YOU PIECE OF SCUM?? ONE MORE DELAY AND YOU ARE GOING TO LEAVE THE MANOR"she screamed.

Andrew sat beside Mallory on another couch.He almost jumped as she screamed.He hadn't heard Mallory scream before.He took the choclate sundae as it came flying towards him.He didnt think that shouting at Lizzy was right but he didnt react and remained emotionless.Maybe, that was how elfs were suppose to be treated.Clothes?? Why will clothes scare Lizzy??"he thought but kept his mouth shut.

Lizzy trembled as Mallory screamed."No mistress, Lizzy is sorry.Lizzy is bad, she not repeat it again"she said as tears streamed down her face."No mistress, Anything but clothes"she cried still in a bow position infront of her mistress.

"YES, I WILL DO IT.JUST DO ONE MORE MISTAKE AND I'LL GIVE YOU CLOTHES.NOW GET LOST.DINNER IN FIFTEEN MINUTES.If you get one second late, belive me..clothes"she said and laughed an evil laugh.She sat down on her couch and sipped from the enchanted glass."Sorry about that, Lizzy always upsets me."she said to Andrew than seeing the confused look she explained" A house elf always wants to serve his or her master and the most embarassing thing for it is to get fired.A house elf can only be fired or freed if its master gives clothes to it".

Andrew nodded as Mallory explained the realtion of clothes and a house elf. I have never seen Mallory this angry before.Actually, I havent ever seen Mallory get upset.There must be something wrong he thought but did not mention it."Mallory can you please tell me about my mom?"he asked

Lizzy bowed lower, tears still streaming down her face and said "Ye..sss mistress" and disappeared with a pop.She quickly started preparing the food.

Mallory sipped some more wine and said"Of course, thats why you are here.To know about your mom and live to her decision."she said with a smile.

"Salem was in Slytherin like yourself, while I was in Ravenclaw because of my stupid mother.My mother was a half blood and a Ravenclaw thats why i was sorted there or else I could have been in Slytherin.I had no friends befor entred school, the reason I will tell you later.Your mom became my best freind and we shared all the secrets.Your mom's parents were Death Eaters, purebloods.I visited their house many times in holidays.They very very strict and Salem, disciplined.When we were beginning seventh year, I became rightfully the owner of this manor.Salem ran away because her parents had been killed in the Harry Potter-Dark Lord fight.She was scared and I too didnt finish my last year and the both of us lived here alone.My parents were dead by than.My dad was a Death Eater and had died for the same purpose as Salem's parents.My stupid mother had died earlier, when I was twelve.Salem usually went out to buy groceries because she said she needed fresh air.Than one day I found out that she was in love with a muggle who lived down the hill in a small village.I told her that she couldnt have relations with a muggle and ruin her family name but she didnt listen.She didnt tell the muggle that she was a witch.The muggle loved her equally and I belived, I agree I had mistaken that once they were married the muggle wouldnt leave her because of her being a witch.They married.I was present in their wedding as salem's best friend.She stil didnt say that she was a witch.She got preganant, she was soon going to have you.Your dad once heard us talking where I was trying to convince Salem that she should tell your dad about our world.Your dad came to us kissed you mother and said that he loved you but he couldnt keep relation with someone who was involved in black magic.He left.Salem couldnt bare the blow.She had you and died but before dying told me to tell you all this only if you come to hogwarts and keep you in an orphanage till than"she concluded her face now very still with all the memories of the past.

Andrew's face had gone pale."My mom and a muggle?? Why didnt she use a love potion??"he asked hoping that what he heard wasnt true. How can I bare this?? What will my friends say, although I dont have any, what when I have?? Why didnt she die before she married the muggle?? Love cant make you sink to this level. he thought as he waited for his questions to be answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back