Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Aspen Wand 12 1/2" Dragon Heartstring Core
Cyzarine had OWLs this year, but because she had OWLs this year it also meant she didn’t have to worry about exams until the end of the year, which was both good and bad, bad in the sense that she knew she was going to definitely slack off more than she should over this exam period and then subsequently in the holidays. Both of which she could be using for her revision, but Cyzarine didn’t think that anything learned at this point was well...pointless. But Cyzarine was at least going to do right by her duties as a prefect and at least make it seem like she was studying. Cyzarine had a muggle studies book in front of her as she sat in the great hall and she had charmed it to turn the page whenever she needed it turned and was making little braid bracelets with thread as she worked, she was just reading so this helped her stay concentrated.

Blake was in the Great Hall with a goal, get some food. The breakfast leftovers were being taken out of the tables right now so this was her last shot to get some food before lunch. She started grabbing some food as she walk along the table to her usual spot, first she grabbed an apple, then some bacon, she saw some waffles and decided to put some on a plate too. There wasn't much more that grabbed her attention so she walked to her place, she was surprised to see a girl sitting there studying.
Blake wasn't going to be rude and tell her to leave, first because shethought it would be a bad tactic to make enemies before making friends, second because the girl seemed a little older than Blake and third because this girl was actually really pretty and was making bracelets, which was super adorable.
"Hey!" she said taking a seat beside her "Multitasking?" Blake said with a laugh. She took a bite from a waffle, she thought about offering some to the girl and in normal conditions she would but she was starving and when she was starving Blake wouldn't offer anything to anyone.
She tried to give a glance to the girl's book but it took her just a second to realise that whatever the girl was studying wasn't something she had ever seen so she put her attention back on her food.

Cyzarine looked up as she heard a voice greet her, ”Hey!” she said happily in response, before looking down at what she was doing. A little giggle followed and she nodded, ”I guess so,” she hadn’t considered it multitasking, but it was just a way to help her concentrate on her book, and what she was reading. She looked at the other girl, it was a young first year from her house, she was sure she’d seen the girl around the common room. ”I’m Cyzarine,” she held the thread in one hand as she then extended her hand out to the young waffle eating girl in greeting. ”I don’t have exams this semester so I don’t need to be studying too seriously, but keeping it up, you know?” she said, though it was likely the girl wouldn’t know if she’d never gone to school before hogwarts or just had low experience with exams. She didn’t really mind either way, it was just easy conversations with a first year. Cyzarine loved speaking to the younger kids, her ow first year wasn’t that long ago but in her mind it felt like ages ago. When it really wasn’t.

Blake liked the girl, she was cheerful. Not Blake's mood of choice but it's always nice to meet someone who is genuinely happy, maybe she would be like that someday too.
"I'm Blake" she said shaking the other girl's hand "You don't have exams?! I wish...it's my first year year and I already have them, why don't you have them?" she asked. Blake didn't really enjoyed the idea of having to take exams but she did enjoy the idea of someday not having exams in the first semester, that seemed fun. She was almost finishing her waffles when it suddenly hit her, I've seen her before, she thought.
She turned to the girl and asked her another question, a shot in the dark but also the only explanation why she looked so familiar besides being on the same house "Hey, aren't you in Heta Omega? I think I saw you there? No. I know I saw you there! I remember you because you were one of the prettiest girls there and also have an incredible style." Blake said. She actually remembered her, she remembered seeing her and thinking how pretty she was and hoped she was her big sister. She wasn't, but the young Gryffindor wasn't exactly disappointed with the girl that got to be her big sister.
"In case you didn't get it that was a compliment, I wasn't flirting. Hope I didn't make things weird" she said facepalming herself softly while trying to laugh not too loudly.

Cyzarine gave a half shake of her head while giving a little giggle. ”Well, I have OWLs, but they’re at the end of the year rather than the end of the semester,” it wasn’t that good that she would have them all at the same time but at the very least in this semester she didn’t need to worry about anything. ”Owls are fifth year exams,” she then added as she wasn’t sure how aware Blake would be to the magical education and exam structure. She was very surprised when Blake recognised her from the heta omega, and she couldn’t help the very light giggle that escaped her lips at the compliment, ”Oh please don’t,” she said with a blush on her cheeks. ”it’s okay, I know it was a compliment, if someone’s pretty you should always just tell them,” she told the girl. She knew it wasn’t anything more than a compliment given how much younger the girl was to her, but Cyzarine was the type of person who was usually pretty open about her feelings and how pretty she found people. ”You’re a little cutie yourself,” she giggled lightly at the statement. ”Whose your big sister in the club?” she asked as she finished off the thread bracelet, easily tying it off and then holding it to the girl if she wanted it. If not, Cyzarine knew she’d get started on another one.

The young Gryffindor girl blushed when Cyzarine called her a cutie, Blake was aware that she was prettier than most girls but it still felt really good to be reminded of that.
"My big sister is Agnieszka, do you know her? She is quiet and seemed in a particular angsty mood but she is really nice" she said trying not to paint a bad imagine of the Slytherin girl in case Czarina didn't know her "What about you? Who is your little sister? I might know her" she said but then she didn't knew a lot of people yet so it was unlikely that she new the other girl's little sister. The only girls she had befriended were the girls that she had a pajama party and played truth or dare with, they were nice though.
Blake was a little surprise when the other girl offered her the bracelet she was making "For me?" she said grabbing the bracelet, it was no expensive bracelet like the ones she had but it was a great gesture and the young Gryffindor quickly tied the bracelet around her wrist, as a reminder that not everything needs to be expensive to have value and as a reminder of Cyzarine, one of Blake's first friends at Hogwarts.
"You are really good at this, when did you start making these? And do you give one of these to every girl you meet?" she said chuckling and referring to the bracelet "I owe you one, not fair that I keep a reminder of you but you don't get anything from me", Blake just wasn't sure what to buy her or make. Unlike the other girl, Blake wasn't an arts and crafts kind of girl so she couldn't make much but she definitely had the money to buy her something nice, maybe a diamond bracelet.

Cyzarine nodded as the girl said who her big sister was. ”She’s in my year,” she said, she knew little bits and pieces from the rumours around the school about just what might be the reason why this girl was maybe a little less keen on the girl. So much to call her particularly angst. ”You didn’t hear this from me, but I think something really terrible happened to her partner, and she’s been dealing with that,” Cyzarine said with a low and quiet voice. She didn’t want her to think less of her because of it, just to understand her attitude had likely little to do with Blake as a person. ”My little sister is Lily Harbour, she’s a first year ravenclaw, she’s a cutie too,” Cyzarine said with a warm giggle. She liked having a little sister. At the question Cyzarine just nodded, ”Course, why wouldn’t it be?” She had already started getting some threads together, ”I’ve always made them, something to do with the hands, something to do with the girls at my old school, and they’re so easy to make I give them to whomever is about, or they just get tossed,” she admitted with a shrug. She shook her head and giggled lightly, ”That’s sweet of you Blake but you don’t need to get me anything,” she assured her, ”I’ll always remember the wonderful young first years,” she assured her with a little smile.

The gossip intrigued Blake as she even got closer to the other girl without noticing. Something did happen, she wondered if the other girl knew more "Do you know who this partner is? Or maybe what happened?" she asked with curiosity, it was her first Hogwarts gossip and she couldn't wait to get to the bottom of it. Or maybe not, as it would be extremely suspicious for a first year to be asking around about a fifth year and her partner.
Blake gave it some thought as the girl mentioned Lily and when she mentioned she was a ravenclaw the young girl thought that the chances of her knowing her were small "Yeah the name does ring a bell but I don't know who she is" she said quickly before eating a piece of bacon.
Blake nodded her head yes when the girl said she didn't need anything, hoping to reassure the girl but this was not staying like this, Blake would find Cyzarine the perfect gift.

Cyzarine gave a little shake of her head, ”It was a girl called Elsie I think. I’m not sure what exactly happened, but nothing good,” she said to the other girl. She didn’t want to give more information about it, given that she didn’t know much more about what happened and secondly it was a little rude to gossip. ”All in all, if she’s mean to you then you should ignore it and you can just be my honorary extra sister, but it might just be that she’s got this whole other thing, and she needs time and space,” she didn't know how to say that it likely wouldn’t be helped by anything Blake could do, good or bad. ”You’ll get used to all of the names and all of the people in your year that you hardly know,” she giggled lightly, ”I swear there are people in my year whose names I still don’t know.” she said, she knew he names of the girls in her house and year but the others were a little more challenging, ”I try to learn them all, but I gotta save some space in the old head for the school subjects,”

Blake took a mental note to be more attentive to conversations between students that mentioned Elsie, maybe she would understand what was wrong with her big sister. After all the pais were created not only for a big sister to help her little one but also the other way around "She is not mean. She is just distant. I actually liked that she tried to look interested and tried to have a conversation with me" Blake clarified.
Blake laughed, she couldn't imagine to learn every first year's name. The only people she knew the names of were the ones from some girl in her dorm, Cyzarine's and Agnieszka's.
"So, talking about school subjects" she said changing the subject "If you are taking OWLs does that mean you already know what job you are choosing after you graduate?" she asked with curiosity. She knew that the girl probably wouldn't have something set in stone yet but it was always nice to learn about other people's dreams and goals.

Cyzarine nodded, ”That’s good, you might not be my little sister but us Gryffindor girls should still stick together right,” she said with a warm expression. She would of course look out for the younger students and not just because she was a prefect, they deserved for people to be looking out for them. She wanted to make sure or just help ensure the were all okay. The teen knew it wouldn’t always be her place but she was always willing to try. Cyzarine shrugged a little at the question, ”I don’t know how people know by OWL year, but I think once you narrow down to NEWT subjects that’s when most decide,” she said, thinking a little out loud about the subject matter. ”But, I do know what I want to do. Have you got any plan yet or is it a bit soon?” Cyzarine asked with a little giggle, she knew that Blake had way more time to think about it but there were eager first years who had an idea about what they wanted to do and certainly started with that goal purely in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blake nodded her head in agreement, girls should stick together and look out for one another, especially being on the same house.
Blake took a bite of the apple and heard the girl as she talked about her future. She still didn't knew anything as Cuzarine didnmt exactly told her what she wanted exactly "And what exactly is that?". She knew exactly what to answer to the other girl, even though she wasn't exactly certain "I don't know. I was thinking of curse breaker, it sounds pretty awesome but anything could change", she wasn't sure of this due to the high mortality rate but she wanted a job where she was either a lady boss or that could give a lot of adventures.

Cyzarine smiled and then giggle, ”Don’t laugh, okay,” she said it with shy expression, ”But my boyfriend Mihail is a really good cook, so I think it would be cool to open our own restaurant. He could cook and I would like be the maître de,” the gryffindor prefect said with a wide smile. She would would definitely enjoy that sort of work, Cyzarine was friendly and interested in speaking with people, getting to know them, so she thought it would be fun. She knew it was a particularly high career choice but she thought it would be really good. She couldn’t help but think that they would probably manage it pretty well, that between them they had the skills to do it. Cyzarine gave a fond smile thinking of how fun it would be and nodded as Blake said what she wanted to be, ”That’s cool! I had thought I’d do charms or something charms related because my dad teaches charms, but the older I’ve gotten the less I’ve wanted that. It’s funny how things change,”

Blake suddenly turned her head to Cyzarine when she heard the word boyfriend "Ooooooo someone has a boyfriend? What house is he from? What tear is he from? Does he plays Quidditch? Is he handsome? Most importantly, does he treat you like a queen?" Blake suddenly got carried by her endless questions but stopped herself before the other girl could panick "Sorry, got a little carried there" she chuckled with a bit of embarrassment. Blake was only eleven so whenever she heard the word boy or boyfriend her senses would go crazy with excitement and curiosity, the dating world was still a mystery for this young girl.

"Anyway, I find that really cute. Picturing a future together at our age is, well, it's insane but I find it really inspiring that you guys have plans together. I'll be happier when I sit down at that restaurant and eat something, I'll be the client of the month" she said teasing Cyzarine but with no intention to mock her or whatsoever.
She actually mean it, if Cyzarine really opened a restaurant with her boyfriend then Blake would certainly go there at least once and could recommend it to some of her wealthy connections so the restaurant would turn into the it spot but that was something she would discuss with the
other girl when the restaurant was actually open.

Blake nodded finishing eating her apple, the last edible thing she grabbed. In less than ten minutes she had eaten waffles, bacon and an apple, she couldn't stop surprising herself "You are right, my mind can definitely change until my last year"

Cyzarine giggled lightly at the girl’s reaction to hearing that Cyzarine had a boyfriend. No one had been so interested in her love life. Not even herself really. She had to give a little shake of her head, ”It’s okay Blake,” she told the girl, ”He’s a hufflepuff, he’s a fifth year like me, he doesn’t play quidditch but he is handsome. He treats me right,” she answered all of the questions in one go, mentally marking them off as she said it. She didn’t think Blake would know Mihail at all, there were many circles that they two could meet. They were pretty different. Cyzarine had the advantage with blake of sharing a house and sharing heta omega. They had more chances of meeting as they were. ”You’ll get the friend discount,” she told the girl with a smile. She wasn’t sure how likely it would be that they’d end up doing that, or doing well enough to open longer than a month, but she was more than willing to think of it now, and play along with it. ”And it can change after that too,” she said, ”Maybe when we’re in our 30s we’ll want to do something different than when we were 20 and there’s nothing wrong with that,”

Blake heard Cyzarine as she talked about her boyfriend, he seemed nice but the truth was that there wasn't a lot of information to make an opinion on the guy so she just gave the other girl a smile.
Blake laughed as the friend discount thing, clearly Cuzarine didn't knew her. Most people wouldn't give her that discount die to the amount of money she had, it would be more likely that people expected her to end up paying twice as more like some sort of charity. It was noce not to be known for a change. "Yes, maybe you'll want to be professors after" she said ironically and in a tone of joke. No one in its perfect mind would want to be a teacher and be at school the rest of their lives, it seemed rather boring for Blake and honestly there probably wouldn't be anyone that dreamt of being a teacher. She thought how ironic it would be if Cyzarine told her she would like that.

Cyzarine laughed lightly, ”My dad’s the charm’s professor, and I love the guy, but he doesn’t fill me with any great desire to follow his profession,” Cyzarine said with a little laugh. She liked learning and she liked being at school but knowing how her father worked and knowing how other professors worked, and they had to spend most of their time at the school with all of them didn’t make her think it was that good. Some people wanted to it but Cyzarine knew for certain that didn’t want that. She couldn’t imagine teaching the same thing year after year. There was only so much variation even the most creative person could put into it. ”Have you have the pleasure of having Professor Styx yet?”

Blake froze when Cyzarine told her that the charms professor was her dad and could help but give her a surprised look "You mean Professor Kain is your dad?!" she said still surprised. It was more than obvious than the professor's kids went to this school but she never thought that in a school so big that she would actually meet any of those kids.
"Yes I did!" she said with fake enthusiasm "Honestly in his first class I thought that I'd need to cast Lumos 'cuz it was so dark! He is kind of scary but the dark and sinister background definitely helped. I never dared to open my mouth except when he specifically asked me something" Blake said remebering the Defense Against the Dark Arts classes, very interesting ones but Professor Styx made sure everyone was more focused on fearing him that actually learning something "Don't tell me he is your uncle or something!" she said with a laugh and seriously rooting that she wouldn't tell her that.

Cyzarine had to remind herself then that there would be students who hadn’t had her father’s class, ”No, not professor Kain, Professor Haden, he teaches upper years charms,” she explained, she got the feeling that this girl wouldn’t really know him, but it would be someone she’d maybe seen. She giggled lightly at Blake’s words about professor Styx, she’d found the man a little odd at times, but perhaps it was hr father’s stories about him that had dispelled all of those more negative and fearful parts of it. ”He isn’t, but he is in my boyfriends family,” she replied, opting to go for that connection than the sworn down connection of her father’s supposed best friend ship with him. ”What do your parents do?” she asked, it was a way to keep the conversation with the girl going. A light and easy way to do so.

Blake didn't knew who Professor Haden was, so she let a little 'oh' when the girl told her about him, she'd be sure to keep an eye out for him. She didn't even knew she would change teachers as the years went by.
Blake was swallowing a bit of saliva when suddenly she heard the girl saying her boyfriend was from Professor Styx's family and she immediately chocked. After a few coughs she laughed "Girl! Are you out of your mind?! From all the people in this castle you had to fall in love with someone from his family?! If that happened to me I'd consider myself the most unlucky person on the planet" she said still laughing. Of course that if Cyzarine like the boy she shouldn't break up with him just because of his family but Blake sure knew that she'd think twice before dating someone from the family of a man who seems to be best friends with death and darkness.
"Well, my mom usually does shopping sprees and my dad took a master's on "Ways to buy someone 101"" she said a ironically, her parents were a tough subject "Just kidding, my mom is an astronomer and my dad works at MACUSA as a legislator, he makes laws and stuff" she told the other girl hidding the fact that her dad had some side businesses with dark wizards and that her relationship with him was never good, neither before or after the divorce.

Cyzarine could figure that she wouldn’t know who her father was given that she was too young to have yet been in his class. But she would come to know him a little before then as the professor was about the school. She giggled lightly at Blake’s reaction before shaking her head, ”He’s sweet,” she replied, ”And they aren’t all that bad. Even Styx isn’t that bad, he’s married to the upper years transfiguration professor, so you know, can’t be that bad,” she knew that there were parts of his family likely darker and more sinister, but she knew that could be true of any family. Not just his. She would likely believed Blake’s words about her parents if she didn’t in the next moment make it quite obvious that it was false. She nodded, an astronomer was cool, as was someone who made laws. ”How did you end up in New Zealand then?” she asked. She had ended up in New Zealand now years back, lost most of the light accent she’d once spoken with. But she remained curious to others and how they’d come to New Zealand.

Blake gave Cyzarine probably the most surprised look so far "He's married?!" she said a little too loud, a few people were starring at her. "He's married?!" she repeated again this time in a whisper "Are you saying that, Professor Styx, the Defemse Against the Dark Arts professor, who looks like he dresses up for a funeral every day, is capabale of love?! Capable of showing emotions at al?!" she said with some chuckles but she honestly couldn't even believe it yet. How come was someone like him was married and someone like her was single?! Life wasn't fair sometimes.
"Well..." she said about to answer the girls question "it was actually because of a parents war. You see, I was going to Mahoutokoro, the Japanese School and my dad supported that so my mom decided she wouldn't support that because he did." she added taking a break for air and to make sure Cyzarine wouldn't get lost in the train of thought "So, my mom wanted to send me to Hogwarts, in Scotland, which my dad didn't want because he said that that school was full of stuck ups. To be fair like...ninety percent of the people I know who attend Hogwarts in Scolant are stuck up." she said making another break "So since this was the only school they both hated I kinda just rejected all the other letters from the wizarding schools and accepted this one. Just to make them see that they don'f get to decide my future without me" she said giving the other Gryffindor girl a wink. She honestly hated her parents ninety percent of the time, it sounded bad but it was true.

Cyzarine giggle lightly at the girl’s exclamation, ”Girl, he has kids, and grandkids,” she retorted when she seemed so outraged about it, ”I think he’s been married a couple of times,” Cyzarine thought it was perhaps just twice, but she wasn’t going to say much more on the matter. She had said more than enough. She listened as blake described the manner in which she’d come to Hogwarts and really it was something. ”Wow,” she said. ”Well, now I see why you are a gryffindor, 100%,” Cyzarine said with a warm tone, it was a lot, she was pleased the girl was at their hogwarts, and able to spend time around them. It was good that she was away a little from her family and in control of her life now, whatever that meant when someone was 11 years old. ”Are you okay with all of it? Like it must be a little difficult? To be so far from your family even if there are so many issues with your family,” She wasn’t asking to pry into Blake’s life, but she wanted to genuinely check that the girl was okay. Was doing okay with it. She seemed like she was, but Cyzarine thought she’d be a bad friend, or a bad prefect if she didn’t at least check.

Blake just starred at Cyzarine, she was giving her the tea and she could not believe what she was hearing "Do his grandkids attend Hogwarts?! I need to make sure thwy are regular people that are not marked by some sort of personal trauma or anything" she joked. She could not honestly imagine what would be like to grow up with Professor Styx as her dad or even her grandfather!
Blake laughed "What makes you say that?" she asked referring to the girl's comment about her being 100% Gryffindor. She had never guessed she would be in Gryffindor, she expected to be in Slytherin or something like that. She wasn't so sure yet if Hryffindor really suited her so she was curious to see the other girl's point of view.
"Honestly..." she said with a little puse and a sigh "I know they are my family and I'm supposed to love them but, a break from them is perfect. In my world appearances matter the most, you can not do a single mistake because you never know when people might be watching and before you know it all eyes will be on you. So, Hogwarts is what I needed. An escape. An escape from that, here no one knows me and I get to decide how other people get to see me instead of them already having an implated idea of me." she added "So, it might seem cold but no. I don't really miss my family" she said with a sad smile.

Cyzarine laughed lightly, ”I’m sure it’s like every family, so good eggs and some odd eggs,” her family was rather small so she couldn’t say anything about it and she knew that the Styx family had harsh rules and a strict power structure, that they were brought up in ways that maybe others wouldn’t. But it was just family and she knew that there was little anyone could do to change it. ”Well, that’s really brave of you, really strong willed, real stubborn too. All very lion traits,” she said, ”Do you not think of yourself as a Gryffindor?” she asked. It was also good to ask about how she felt about it all. She smiled sadly as the girl that that appearances mattered most, that she needed an escape. And though the statement that she didn’t miss her family was a little sad, given how they seemed to be it wasn’t too surprising. ”Well, the good thing about Hogwarts and boarding school as a concept is that you don’t have your family here, the people you meet, the girls of the heta omega, or the people of Gryffindor, is that they can be your family,” she told her, ”A family away from family. I mean I don’t with my dad here, but he’s chill so it’s not really an issue,”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back