Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Whippy Cypress Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Felix had considered his application to be a professor a long shot, he had some strong experience as a healer but he didn't think he had enough potion specific experience to be given the position but he appeared to be wrong. The letter from HNZ sat on the table in front of him congratulating him on his new position. He wasn't sure how Lydia would respond to him taking a job that would require him to be away so much, though it might be possible he could spend the nights he wasn't patrolling at home, he'd have to see once he actually started. "Babe," Felix called through the house as he got to his feet leaving the letter on the table behind him. "Babe come down here I have some news,"

Lydia had been feeling off for a few weeks, strange bouts of sickness at different hours of the day with little to no explanation, her mood had been all over the place and some of her favourite foods had suddenly seemed horrible to her nose. She had in the end spoken with her healer brother, who’d informed her to perhaps take a very specific test. She hadn’t wanted to mention anything to Felix yet, though she was sure he’d noticed that she’d been more tired than usual. Quidditch didn’t really tire her out that much. She had taken the test and the results had been positive. She had a little baby inside of her. It wasn’t like they’d been actively trying but they’d been married a little while and they’d certainly discussed letting it happen. Lydia went to their full length mirror and lift her shift, touching her stomach with her hand, she turned to face it side on, and she was sure if she looked close enough she could see the tiniest of bumps. Lydia heard Felix called out to her and quickly lowered her shirt. What news did he have? ”Coming,” she said quickly before straightening out her clothes and then heading down to where he was. ”What news have you got?” she asked him with a keen expression, trying to keep the shaking out of her voice. She wasn’t sure how to tell him her news.

When Felix heard Lydia respond he suddenly became nervous. His job as a healer often saw him working long hours, that combined with Lydia's away games meant that often their time together could be limited, but this would be different. Once she was in the room with him, Felix rubbed his hands together nervously as he tried to work up the nerve to tell her. "Okay so, I've been offered a job..." He began. "...potions professor at HNZ, I'd start in a couple of weeks," He added wondering what her reaction would be. No doubt Lydia would be happy for him, but she might also have her own feelings on the matter.

Lydia was a little nervous as she waited for him to tell her. She wasn’t aware that he was applying for any jobs, but when he said it her face broke out to large grin. Lydia squealed excitedly and threw her arms around him in a tight hug, ”Oh my god, Felix, that’s amazing!” she told him with an excited tone as she brought him in close, kissing his cheek and then moving to his lips. She knew that he’d gotten perhaps a little tired of the work of a healer, and this would be a nice break. She touched his face lightly and couldn’t stop the pride on her face. He would be so good in that roll. He would be so amazing. ”Those young kids are going to have such a great teacher,” she knew that he would manage just fine. She pulled a little from him at what she said, it felt odd to maybe bring it up now, it would steal his thunder a little, ”I have news too,” she became a little shy and nervous as she spoke, ”I don’t want it to change anything, you need to take this job,” she told him. She pulled away from him a little more and took a deep breath, placing her hand purposefully on where she was sure she had a tiny little bump. ”I’m pregnant Felix,”

Felix breathed a sigh of relief when Lydia reacted the way she did, he was glad to hear she was happy and eager for him to take the job because she thought he'd be good at it, but her news changed everything. Surely he couldn't take the job if she was having their baby. "Babe that's amazing," He said cupping her face his hands and kissing her lips. "I can't possibly leave for this job while you're pregnant," Felix couldn't believe it, they hadn't exactly been planning to have children but they weren't actively trying to prevent it either but Felix knew he had wanted to have children at some point.

Lydia felt like she was holding her breath waiting for a reaction and she couldn’t help but admit that she’d expected him to think that and it was the last thing that she wanted for him. ”Oh no, honey, no,” she told him. She was shaking her head, ”You have to take this job,” she told him, she took his hands with hers and lightly kissed his palm, ”Just come home often enough, and I’ll send you updates all the time,” She told him, ”My brother’s a healer, I can ask him to come round more often to keep an eye on me. And maybe it’s time for me to take a small career break too,” Lydia didn’t want Felix to give up this opportunity. He would do so well and the school would be so lucky to have him, who was she to prevent that from happening. She wasn’t going to let that happen. ”Little baby warrick and I, will be fine,” Lydia assured him, perhaps it was the emotions that were making her push this so hard, feel so emotional in regards to it.

A part of Felix wanted to argue that he should stay, that it wouldn't be right for him to go off and start a new job when Lydia would be at home pregnant. "If you're sure," Felix said hesitantly. "I'll be home as much as I can and if anything happens and I mean anything, let me know and I'll be straight here, don't forget I'm a healer too," He smiled down at her gently kissing her forehead. Felix had already been uneasy about being away from her in the first place but now she was carrying their baby it was even harder.

Lydia nodded to him, she was of course sure, she knew that she’d be just fine, that she would manage fine with the little baby growing in her stomach. She knew that it would be so good for him to take this job, to go experience something amazing and do so much more good in the world. They would be just fine, ”I will, don’t worry,” She leaned into the kiss and smiled, ”I’ll send weekly updates about what me and this little bean are doing,” Lydia assured him, he’d be home often enough but she knew he’d likely appreciate the updates. ”I’d say we should celebrate all this good news with some Champagne, but how about some orange juice instead,” she giggled lightly, smiling so fondly at her husband.

The promise of regular updates was what finally allowed Felix to fully exhale. The only way he would take the job under these circumstances was with Lydia's full support which he clearly had. "How did I get so lucky?" He smiled moving one of his hands to rub her belly, he'd never been happier than in that moment. "Orange juice sounds perfect," he laughed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back