So the summer begins

"Okay, well you take as long as you need. Can't have you drowning or anything!" Angus exclaimed with a smile, although the thought did worry him. He couldn't have Luna drown, he'd never forgive himself. He kept his eyes on her, making sure she was okay, but really, he would have probably kept his eyes on her anyway. He had so much trouble thinking of anything else these days. Must have sucked for his parents - two love-sick teenagers at home. "Are you sure the pool is the safest place to be?" he asked - but he couldn't lie, he did like seeing Luna in swimmers. Did I just think that? he thought, sheepishly, as he brushed some of his dark hair out of his green eyes.

((I hereby give you permission to move ahead. :p ))

I played down every feeling I felt, and I bottled them up, Till the well ran over! the lyrics to the song that had been playing on her Ipod as she changed out of one swimsuit into the other ran through her mind. That line rang very true for her, she had liked him for quite a while. Since around Halloween would be her best guess, she had been bottling up all of her feelings since then and they came to her at the worst possible time, while she was in the water. She nodded at Angus, "I think I'm good. Just the shock of falling so suddenly got me shook up for a second." she said smiling at him showing she was fine. She really wanted to swim plus, She liked seeing Angus in those trunks.

[Two days before school is set to start back. An Hour before he has to go back.]

Luna and Angus were laying together on the couch at 10 in the evening, Luna had already changed into her pajamas though she had gotten a size too big in the shorts so the were still snug around her waist but not so short for the evening, grabbed two slices of pizza for each of them that had already long since been eaten as they watched '50 first dates' having picked a movie at random from the DVD rack. The movie was about half over and Luna and Angus had managed to get into a position suspiciously like snuggling on the couch without realizing it. As they seemed to be doing a lot more often lately to Douglas's dismay. She let out a yawn and before she knew it she snuggled even further into Angus and fell asleep.

Angus couldn't believe his luck. Here he was, lying on the couch with Luna, who was pretty much the girl of his dreams. Practically snuggled together. Angus's heart pounded in his chest, which would surely be an obvious giveaway and a distraction to Luna, but she did not seem to mind. She seemed quite happy to cuddle up to him, which Angus could only feel hopeful about. School would start again in two days - Violet had already gone back, desperate to see that Aries guy again, and Angus only had an hour left here, which was a little depressing. He could have happily stayed here much longer...except he knew Luna's father would not be happy. What did it matter? Angus was happy, ridiculously so.
It only hurt him that he couldn't tell her how he felt.
He sat quietly, half watching the movie, half distracted by his own thoughts as Luna slept next to him. He had taken her to meet his family - well his mother, who said that Luna was an "absolute sweetheart" and "such a lovely girl", which had made him care about her even more, if that was even possible.
The rest of the movie seemed to pass in a blur - before he knew it, it was time for him to go. "Hey, Luna," he whispered, gently poking her in the arm.

Luna had wrapped her arms around one of his like a teddy bear in her sleep and the movement he made to wake her up did the trick. She lifted herself up from him rather reluctantly and let out a yawn covered by her hand before rubbing her eyes a bit. "How long was I out?" she asked hoping it hadn't been long. She wanted to take advantage of any time she had left with Angus before school started back. She had always liked spending time with him before but ever since she had figured out why that desire strengthened. She felt warm and cozy lying on the couch with him. Nothing could bring her off of this little cloud she had floated up on.

Angus smiled, and shook his head. "Not very long at all," he said, with a smile. "Maybe about half an hour. I should let you sleep, I'm sorry," he continued, pushing his hair out of his eyes, as he so often did. "I should probably go soon, though. Your father would throw a fit if I stayed here much longer..." he said, giving Luna an apologetic smile. He didn't want to leave at all, but he thought he probably should. He didn't want Luna to get in any sort of trouble or anything.

"Nah... I need to be able to sleep tonight, so I should stay up a while longer..." Luna started. She also just didn't want to waste her time with Angus sleeping. Luna heard his next comment and looked over at the grandfather clock. It was 10:50 PM, "I'd say you have about ten minutes left before dad starts getting antsy... We don't want a repeat of last week." Luna said thinking to his last visit a week earlier. They had both fallen asleep watching a movie and had been woken up at Three thirty in the morning by Doug throwing a fit at finding them snuggled against each other asleep when he let the dog out. It was a task to convince him to even let Angus come back.

"Hmm...good idea..." he muttered, wincing at the thought of what had happened last week. That had been daunting. Pretty sure he's scarier than Grandfather...and Grandfather's pretty frightening, Angus thought, nervous. "Wow, we're gonna be third years in a couple of days...that's pretty scary," he mused, thinking out loud. I wonder if Luna will go to the Yule Ball with me, Angus thought. I hope nobody else asks her. Then again, why would she want to go with me when there are heaps of other guys? Unless she just wants a friend thing. I wonder if I could ever be more than a friend to her. I would really like to be. Angus smiled, as he sat up and stretched out a little.

"Haven't had the chance to say this yet but I'm sorry about that. But it's good that I pushed you into the fireplace. When he came back he had..." Luna trailed off not wanting to tell Angus that her dad had went for the gun. She thought that Doug just wanted to scare him seeing as the gun had been unloaded. "I know, it's crazy! Just think not that many years ago we were at the ice cream parlor meeting each other for the first time!" she said hardly believing it had been that long. Even then they had kind of connected, getting lost in their own conversation. Her eyes flickered back to the clock, 10:55. "So, which electives are you taking?" she asked, realizing they hadn't talked about it.

"Oh...yeah, kinda glad you did, thanks! Pretty sure your dad isn't my number one fan..." he joked, with a grin. "We should probably go to the fireplace, then," Angus added, quietly walking to the fireplace for the purpose of floo-ing home. Although he would have happily stayed with Luna and gone back to Hogwarts with her, Luna's father wouldn't appreciate that, and neither would his own parents, to be honest. "Hah, I remember that day...when that Henri guy came up running away from Alyssa. Haven't really seen them around much..." he added. He had barely seen Isabella and Annamarie of late, either. He had usually kept to himself, only spending time with Luna and catching up with Violet a few times a week - usually to write letters and to check up on each other. "Oh yeah, I'm taking Arithmancy and Care of Magical Creatures. Violet wouldn't shut up about how awesome Arithmancy is, and I kinda like numbers so I think I'll like it...and Care of Magical Creatures sounds fun. What about you?" he asked.
Angus looked down at his watch, seeing that he probably should go. "I'd better go," he muttered, stepping closer to Luna and enveloping her in a warm embrace. "Can't wait to see you at school, I..." he paused, feeling his heart pound in his chest. I can't say it, can I? I'm wondering if maybe she does like me back. I can't hide this from her any longer anyway. She's my friend and she has a right to know. "I like you so much, Luna," he admitted. Wait, what did I just do? he asked himself, before quickly breaking off the hug and stepping in to the fireplace, disappearing before Luna could say anything to reply.

"Don't take it personally... My dad doesn't like anything male around his daughters." Luna said with a laugh. Luna was dreading the 11 O clock bell because that's when Angus would have to leave. At 10:58 they were pushing it but this was his last visit of the summer so Luna could care less. As Angus started to walk towards the fireplace Luna bounced off of the couch to follow him. Showing surprising speed for someone who had just woken up, "Yeah... That was funny... Hard to believe it's already been over two years since that happened." she said

"Arithmancy? Kailey dropped out of it after a semester... I'm taking Divnation, Muggle studies, and Care of Magical creatures." Luna replied At least we'll have one elective together... Luna thought before looking at the clock and seeing it was now only mere seconds until it chimed alerting them that it was 11 O'clock, and time for him to leave. She held back a sigh and simply fell into his embrace as the clock started to chime.

'Dong'
She wrapped her arms around him

'Dong'
She tightened the hug, not wanting it to end

'Dong'
She felt the pounding of a heart. Was it hers or His? She couldn't tell

'Dong'
She heard a slight creaking at the top of the stairs. They should probably wrap this up.

'Dong'
She opened her moth to say good bye when she heard him speak.

'Dong'
"I like you so much, Luna,"

'Dong'
She felt her breath hitch and her heart skip a beat.

'Dong'
Before she could open her mouth to get out a reply he was gone.

'Dong'
She heard the sound of footsteps moving away from the top of the stairs.

'Dong'
I hope you're happy dad... I didn't even get to tell him I liked him too. she thought

'Dong'
The clock chimed it's final chime of the hour and Luna felt kind of cold. Who knows how long he had liked her for? How much time had they been wasting? She walked back over to the couch she had just gotten off of and layed on her back, letting out a long loud sigh. She was so immeasurably happy but saddened at the same time. Minutes later she fell asleep. Where she stayed all night, curled up facing the fireplace, the pendant of his necklace gripped firmly in her sleeping hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back