So the summer begins

Juanita Stidham

OOC First Name
Kelsey ^_^
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Juanita had just gotten the twins settled down for a nap when she looked at the clock. Trista had decided to stay with a friend over the summer but the rest of her family would be back at any moment. Kailey and Luna both had friends to bring home, Kailey had Zazuka who had lived with them for about two years and Luna was bringing a boy named Angus home for the day. Thinking about this Juanita let out a soft chuckle as she went to put a pizza in the oven. "That poor kid..." she said to herself lightly as she shut the oven door.

Doug had been sitting in the living room watching a Tennessee university basketball game on TV when he switched to the news and saw the date. This day had two meanings to him. One, it was time to get his guns out for their quarterly routine cleaning, and Two his daughters came home from school. Seeing as the latter hadn't happened yet Doug figured he should get a head start on his gun cleaning. He had quite the collection of Guns locked in a display cabinet and liked to keep them in top condition. He decided to start with the first shotgun he had ever gotten.

After getting the gun and secruing the cabinet again he went back to the living room and switched it to a football game. He took a sip of the beer sitting beside him and began to clean while his team was winning the game. This was what he would call a good day. Blissfully ignorant about who was coming to the house with his daughters.

House
Kaileys room
Zukas room {Subject to change at Anas wishes.}
Lunas room
living room

Kailey was the first one to pop in through the floo network. They had finally gotten around to telling Doug about it and he didn't give much of a reaction. He seemed to be getting pretty Numb to the whole magical world stuff. Though he did give a small jump at watching his eldest daughter pop out of the fireplace. "Hi dad!" Kailey chirped leaning over the gun on his lap to give him a hug, not paying it any mind. "So, you're going to give me a few more driving lessons before you take me get my permit right?" she asked, needing clarification as the next person was dusting soot off of themselves.

Luna was the one to stumble out of the fireplace next, coughing and dusting some soot off of her jeans as she cleared the path for the next person, whether that be Angus or Zazuka, to make their way to the Paramore household. She saw the gun and her eyes widened like dinner plates. she quickly rushed over to him and gave him a hug and a greeting, distracting him while the other two made their way in. Her and Angus weren't dating but that didn't change the fact that Doug was overprotective and had a gun.

Truthfully, Angus was terrified at the prospect of meeting Luna's family. There were so many of them, it was scary! Already, standing with Luna, Kailey and Zazuka he felt a little out of his depth. The most they ever had at a family gathering in his family was 8 people. That's about how big Luna's immediate family was. Angus swallowed, nervously. It wasn't as though he was asking permission to date Luna or anything, although he felt as though it was.
Stumbling out of the fireplace, right behind Luna, Angus spied what he thought was - he swallowed again - a gun? "Um, hello," he greeted shyly, his English accent, although it was fading and now held more of an Australian twinge, evident. He wasn't sure what else to say, so he remained silent, rooted to the spot.

Douglas had opened the gun to get to the inside of the barrels of it to clean when Kailey stepped out of the fireplace, Luna following soon after. He returned both of their hugs and gave them a smile, he had missed his girls. "It's so good to have you two back at home." he said to them as he let them go. "Kailey, we'll practice for a little while more and only when you're up to my standards are you to try for your Permit? That's fair isn't it?" he said as he finished the barrels. He had been so focused on his daughters that he hadn't seen the third figure come out of the fireplace, but his head snapped to the voice as soon as he realized it was male, his friendly smile turning into a blank, almost glare. "Hello there... I'm Doug, Kailey and Lunas father." he said before flicking his wrist with the gun really quickly, it snapped back into place with a menacing click. "and you are?" he ended

Angus froze, a little terrified by Luna's father. He seemed to be very stern and protective of his daughters - the shotgun definately added to the overall picture. He knew he shouldn't be scared - Luna's father couldn't be quite as bad as his grandfather - yet Angus was frightened nonetheless. "Very pleased to make your acquaintance, sir," Angus began, holding out his hand to the older man - a hand which shook slightly. "My name is Angus, Angus Greenwood. I'm a good friend of Luna's, sir," he explained, hoping that would be a satisfactory response.

Douglas looked over the boy that had came home with his daughter once. Noting that the boy seemed scared out of his wits. Douglas took the slightly shaky hand and shook it firmly, "Greenwood you say? The name sounds familiar, Your dad a lawyer by any chance?" he asked thinking he remembered a Greenwood in one of his classes. His stern gaze never wavering as he asked. The gun still sitting in his lap propped up by one of the chair arms. He couldn't remember if this one was loaded or not and he hoped the boy wasn't stupid enough to have him have to find out.

((woah, sorry, been busy/uber-tired!))

"My uncle is, sir," Angus replied, nodding. "My father's a doctor, though," he explained, wondering if it sounded like he was bragging or if this would actually be a good way to earn points with Luna's dad. He couldn't help worrying about the gun in the man's lap - but it wasn't as though he'd just shoot at an innocent boy...was it? Completely unsure of what to say next, he remained completely silent, hoping for one of the girls to come to his rescue. It wasn't often a boy actually hoped to be rescued by a girl, but in this case Angus thought the girls were much better equipped for handling the situation than he was.

"Ahhh..." Doug said with a small nod, "I think he was in the same year as Juanita was." Doug said "If it's the same Greenwood that is... I don't believe he had any powers, Then again..." Doug stopped. He hadn't been aware Juanita had any powers either and now he was part of a rather large magical family, Sometimes feeling like his house was a hotel for teenage witches and wizards thanks to his daughters. He pushed all of this out of his mind. He had had a bad day with his first year idiots that he had no clue how they managed to get into Law school and he just wanted to relax and watch a ball game before his night class began.

Juanitas eyes flickered over to the pizza and saw it had about ten minutes left before it would need to be taken out of the oven. She walked back over to the doorway inbetween the kitchen and te living room and saw the four of them, The young boy looking scared out of his wits and Doug looking quite frustrated. She looked over at the girls and saw Luna begging with her eyes for Juanita to come break this tension. Juanita nodded at her younger daughter and made her way into the room, her dark brown curls bouncing behind her with the speed she was walking. She wrapped her daughters into a hug and gave them their welcome backs before turning to the boy, he seemed nice enough. Plus she had had more warning that he was coming. "You must be Angus, Welcome to our home." she said trying to be friendly in place of Dougs intimidation.

Luna held back a sigh as this whole thing happened, looking at her mom standing in the doorway praying that she would come into the room before things got bad. This was actually pretty good compared to what Luna thought Doug would do if her and angus were dating.

[Sorry about the crappiness. But I suggest we skip to later in the summer? Swimming mayhaps? Big realization on her part?]

[Fast forward! Mid July now ^_^]

Luna woke up and got dressed for the day, Usually she just lounged around in her pajamas unless she had to go somewhere but Angus always seemed to get to the house rather early. One time right as she woke up. Luna had bounded down the stairs with her hair in a slightly messy pony tail and Pajamas that were a bit small on her. The shirt showing about an inch or two of her stomach and some short shorts. She almost fell down the stairs in her haste to get back to her room and change. Doug had classes all day so Her and Angus had decided today would be a good day to swim without her father panicking for some reason or another. She had three bathing suits in her closet and she was currently deciding which one she wanted to wear.

[Wow, convienient that all the PJ's she wears around Angus are 'a bit small' xD]

Coughing and spluttering, Angus once again landed in the fireplace of Luna's home. He knew he'd been driving Violet mad, constantly counting down the days until he'd get to see Luna again. Besides, she hadn't had the chance to see Aries. Angus couldn't help it, though. He wanted to see his best friend again. Best friend, and the girl he was absolutely crazy about.
Dusting himself off, Angus stepped out of the fireplace and in to the Paramore's house. He was simply wearing jeans and a t-shirt, with a bag containing his towel and the sunscreen his mother insisted on him taking. His board shorts were underneath his jeans - a bit ridiculous, but it had been pretty cold when he'd left. And it had been late at night, too. He'd slept during the day so he'd be able to wake up and go to Luna's place. Time-zones were irritating.
"Um, hello?" he called nervously - really hoping Luna's dad wouldn't be the one to show up. Her dad seemed nice enough, but he was pretty scary to Angus. Probably due to the fact that Angus was male.

Luna was upstairs in her room with her muggle Ipod on the dock that was set up in her room on shuffle, it was currently playing a Theory of a deadman song loud enough to where she couldn't hear Angus's call. She was looking at the bathing suits, she fingered the material of the small purple one. Angus wasn't supposed to be over for a couple more hours and it was new... What could it possibly hurt for swimming before he got here? She slipped out of her clothes and into the small purple bikini.

"Mom! I'm going out to swim for a bit before Angus gets here okay?" she exclaimed as she bounced down the stairs, shaking her hair loose from the clip it had been held in. It wasn't until she was on the bottom step that she realized Angus had gotten there early again, and she was standing there wearing practically nothing. Her face turned a shade comparable to a tomato even with her summer tan and she let out an embarrassed chuckle. "Oh... Hi Angus..." she said quietly, it was too late to go back upstairs and get one of her more modest suits now.
AmandaBynes_S03E18_HDTV_011.jpg

Angus stood awkwardly in the lounge room, unsure. Finally, he heard someone race down the stairs - must have been one of the kids - could it be Luna? He looked up, and saw that it was Luna alright - dressed in quite a small purple bikini. He felt the heat rush to his face, colouring his skin the colour of a tomato. "Um, I, um..." he began, unsure of quite what to say or where to look. "I'm sorry, I just realised I was early, messed up the calculation of time zones and I, um, I..." he blurted, quite unable to take his eyes off her as his heart pounded in his chest. "I'll...turn around..." he muttered, putting his hands over his eyes and turning away.

"No... Time zones can get very confusing... Especially when they're as far apart as ours are." Luna said after he had turned around. "Well... I guess I'll go put one of my others on then." she said quietly to him before padding back up the wooden stairs, thanking god her dad hadn't been home. She plucked one of her one pieces from it's hanger and put it on before going back down the stairs. "Much more appropriate, Dad would have freaked." Luna said laughing trying to make light of the rather awkward situation that had just occurred.

[http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/Swim/Iron-Fist-Tattoo-Print-Bandeau-OnePiece-Swimsuit-170125.jsp]

Angus was able to breathe a little easier when Luna changed her swimmers - but still, the image was imprinted in his mind. He couldn't get over just how beautiful Luna was. But it wasn't just that she was beautiful, she was smart and funny and downright perfect. Okay, okay, I need to stop, he reminded himself. "You look awesome," Angus grinned, his cheeks still burning with embarassment - but the heat was dying down. "Um, shall we?" he asked awkwardly, shifting his bag on his shoulder.

"Erm Yeah... You can go get changed if you need to, the guest room is upstairs the third door on the left." Luna said "I'll be outside okay?" she said before giving him a small wave and heading out of the room out the back door to the large pool, sitting on the diving board at the deep end as she wiggled her toes in the water waiting for Angus. It was about 95 degrees outside and she knew the water would feel extremely good once they got in.

"Okay," Angus responded, as he turned and walked meekly up the stairs to the guest room. Seriously hoping Luna's father wasn't about, he stripped off his shirt and jeans, grabbed his towel, and darted back downstairs in his board shorts. He walked out the back to where the pool was. "Are you going to get in the water or are you just gonna sit there?" he asked, grinning broadly.

Luna had started to swing her feet back and forth, splashing the cool water a bit making ripples across the pools surface as she did so when the heard Angus yell out to her. She started to get into a standing position on the diving board while yelling. "Of course I'm getting in the water! It's boiling out..." she was cut off as she turned around to see him. Holy... she thought accidentally taking a wrong step and falling off of the diving board. "CRAP!" she yelled before breaking the waters serenity with a loud splash. She popped back up to the surface with a face that could be compared to a beet and t keep herself from staring. What had come over her?

A little shocked, Angus watched as Luna toppled in to the pool. "Oh no, Luna!" he cried, jumping in after her and swimming over to her. Angus wasn't exactly the world's greatest swimmer - he was okay, but he wasn't skilled or anything. He usually preferred to splash around as opposed to actually swimming. "Luna, what happened? Are you alright? Do you need to sit on the side or something?" he asked, sliding a hand round to the back of her head to make sure she kept her head above water.

Luna kept kicking her legs to stay on top of the water as she shook her head and took a few deep breaths. "I'm fine Angus..." she said, feeling a bit sheepish. "I just lost my balance I suppose." she ended But why did I lose my balance... she thought, turning a bit redder as she finished her last thought before hitting the water. Holy crap, he looks... HOT. she thought, with this one thought breaking through it broke down a dam and had built up in her mind without even realizing it. She thought back to key points during the year, and suddenly all of those mysterious sensations became shockingly clear. She liked Angus, and had for quite a while. Just like Scorpius had tried to tell her back in February, she owed him an apology. But with all of this coming to her she slipped under the water for a second before frantically kicking back up. "But I think a couple minutes at the steps couldn't hurt anything." she ended needing to get her thoughts straight as she started to swim over to the shallow end of the pool.

Angus looked carefully at Luna, concern in his eyes. "We'd better sit down," he said, swimming over to the side. He couldn't bear the thought of Luna drowning - not because he'd have to deal with her father, but because losing the girl he liked so much would shatter his young heart in to a million tiny shards. "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked, terribly worried. "You don't look so good," he stated calmly. Wow, is that how I look when I get embarassed around her? he wondered, awkwardly. Although, she did say she'd just lost her balance...maybe that was all it was. Probably, that was all it was.

Luna held onto the pool wall until she felt solid ground under her feet then she went and sat down on the top step out of the water and looked down, her wet hair falling around her face. "I'm fine Angus... I just need a minute or two to catch my breath. I didn't hit my head on anything." she said smiling at him. She thought back to one particular incident down in the kitchens. Wouldn't mind doing that aga-... Woah! It's like someone flipped a switch or something. and it was. Luna looked at Angus and wondered how she hadn't noticed earlier. He was nice, smart, funny, good looking, incredibly sweet, and she had been with Scorpius while she had this beside her the whole time. Even though there was no way he could possibly like her back, she would take advantage of his company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back