So... A Drink?

Karen Hayes

OOC First Name
Marga
Wand
What Is That?
It had already been weeks since the big breakup between Karen and her boyfriend, Scott. She knew it was her fault since she had been asking for more time with him, her friends said that no one could blame her for doing so, but she felt so evil. Scott had been working a lot to provide for his son and yet slowly she'd been asking him to spend time with her. She just missed him a lot and because of that she had lost him. He had told her that he didn't need her and just left her like that. She had tried calling him or going over to his house but neither him nor his son would answer. And just like that, she gave up. Thankfully, she had been given by the kindergarten as much time she needed. Karen knew that she shouldn't let the break-up completely break her but it just had been so hard.

Karen had had enough of sulking at home. She decided that this would be the final night that she would be drowned in misery. She dressed herself up and grabbed her car keys. She didn't normally use her car, but tonight, she wanted to make sure that she would have a good time without worrying about transportation and such. She went out of her house and entered her car, driving off to the club quite far off from her home. She parked at the first parking space she could find and entered the bar almost immediately. She took a seat at the first couch she could find and ordered a beverage for herself. The waiter had told her to wait and while she did, she decided to let her eyes wander. Customers had slowly begun to enter the place, most were in pairs and groups and she was all alone. She sighed as she leaned back on the couch, wondering what she could do for this night.

Just as he had France, Anthoney found New Zealand to be such a bore. There were not enough things to do, he now understood why Austiin moved around so much, Abby too for that matter. The wizard fixed his collar in the mirror and ran his tongue against his teeth. He looked amazing. He always looked amazing. He looked to the table and grabbed a portkey. It was so cute, it had a little horse and fake carkeys. Austiin was a bloody genius. To the man's knowledge, it would take him to a bar his brother frequented. He was not entirely sure if Austiin actually knew that he had... acquired it, but Cameron didn't seem to mind. Anything to stop his brother's wandering eyes.
The United Kingdom was a rather bland place to him. Having grown up in one of the most exciting places in America, and then living in France, and then living with his brother and family, exciting for the life he knew. Always moving, growing and getting into trouble. Here seemed so tame, so lonely. Noticing the area was muggle, he slipped his wand up his sleeve carefully, and swung his portkey around his finger before dropping it into the front pocket of his jeans. With a few sweet words in French, he walked through the crowd with relative ease. How quickly the language of love worked.
Everyone here seemed to have someone. Men, women... he was quite sure that was a woman. Everyone had something to do, and someone to do it with. Except him. Well, that was just unacceptable. he had to find himself some legs to properly enjoy this night. His amber eyes scanned the couches and tables, finding a particularly vanilla looking woman sitting by herself. Vanilla, yes, unattractive? By no means. Why would a fine woman like this find herself alone? In such a enticing dress too, black, sheek and short. Austiin would be pleased. Fortunately, he was not here, and Anthoney had no competition. His confidence kicking in, and a drink in his hand, Anthoney approached the beauty, and bowed. "Good evening," he greeted, giving her a gentle, unimposing smile. "I must admit, I am surprised that you are alone. What manner of man would leave such a lovely creature such as yourself here?" And, more importantly, was he to return? Anthoney had already decided to court this woman, and if some man was going to spawn from the bathroom or backroom, he was ready to fight. Well, not with fists, but with charm. Merlin, Anthoney felt particularly charming tonight.

As soon as Karen had let her mind wander off, she had begun remembering Scott and Cayden once again, but this time, she was done with tears and sulking. If they wanted her out of their lives, then she'd be out of theirs. At first she may have gotten shocked and all for she really did love Scott and was very fond of his son, but now, she was over them. She had shed too many tears and wasted much of her time dwelling on the things that couldn't be changed anymore. Instead, she let herself focus on the fun that she was going to have. She may be a kindergarten teacher but she was still young and knew that she needed to have her own fun once in a while as well.

Her thoughts were suddenly stopped as soon as a mad had suddenly approached her a drink in his hand. She refrained from leaning on the couch too much and crossed her legs as she sat. She smiled at his question though and she had no need to think of what would be a wonderful reply. "A man who had no free time," was all she said. It held such simplicity and yet it was the whole truth. She was just about to invite the man to have a seat with her but then the waiter had arrived, apparently bringing her quite a number of drinks to choose from. She gave off a small, sweet smile of appreciation before the waiter went off, leaving various drinks of liquor and juices at the table. Karen turned her attention back to the man and scooted a bit to the side. "The seat's vacant. Care to have a drink with me?" she asked whilst smiling. She hoped he would agree, she really had no plans to be all alone this very night.

Anthoney chuckled. "Certainly a man undeserving of your time." The brunette nodded respectfully to the waiter as he came and left. He sat down in the apparently empty seat and placed his own drink on the table. "I would love to share the table." For there were precious few others, and a bar was really supposed to be shared with someone, as apposed to going alone and flying solo the entire evening. He sipped his drink, finding the flavour more satisfying than anything in the magical world. He found muggle liquor more flavoursome. In the magical world, it was so bland, and everyone drank virtually the same thing. The menus were so much longer here. Coconut flavours, watermelon flavours, strawberry, chocolate cake, normal, and probably every other flavour the mind could think of. Muggles had them all. Such an innovative people, he loved them. He sipped his drink and absorbed the atmosphere some, allowing the woman to grow accustomed to his presence. He found that jumping straight into conversation with a complete stranger could cause them to feel a bit uneasy. on such a fine night, the last thing the brunette wanted to do was cause this beautiful creature to feel uneasy. It would ruin everything.
Anthoney allowed a soothing grin to grow on his face, his eyes bright. "My name is Anthoney Jaikob Hayes," his French accent was rather noticeable, and he adored it far more than his old, American accent. Living in France for the majority of his life had helped him be rid of it. "Do forgive me, as I tend to pry, but you don't really seem like one to frequent the bar." She looked so, subtle, a bit out of place here. Or, she was just an incredible actress. "Do tell me about yourself, please."

Karen watched as the man had spoken to her and to be honest, she was quite enjoying his company and figured that she'd indeed be having a good night if she and this man would get along. "And, would you be the man who deserves my time at the moment?" she replied, raising her brow a bit, quite curious at how he would respond. Although, she did smile as she had thought that Scott wasn't worth her time. The man had a point in her own point of view. Why should he be worth her time if it seemed that she wasn't even worth his. She picked up a drink from the table and took a sip, deeming what she had gotten to be liquor. Hopefully not a very strong one.

There had been a moment of silent that had passed between her and her new acquaintance, but the silence was not that of an awkward one, in fact it seemed soothing. She only waited until the man had spoken, and when he did, Karen did notice the French accent in his voice which she seemed to have taken a liking to. "I'm Karen. Karen Jade Andrews," she introduced in her usual British accent. The lady had begun listening to Anthoney's comments but she really did not mind. She knew that it was a bit obvious that she wasn't used to being in a bar anymore with all her years with children and only now did she get a chance to enjoy herself. "I have not gone to a bar since my early university years. I'm afraid my time had been a bit... preoccupied," Karen answered as she smiled to face the man whilst speaking. She let her eyes wander as if looking for an answer to give before sitting sideways on the couch and leaning on it, her elbow resting just above the back of the said seat. "Well, I am a kindergarten teacher and I occasionally paint and sell my works. I live within minutes drive from here. I'm single," she said as she looked him in the eyes, her own full of mischief, before raising another question, "What else do you want to know?" Karen asked, maybe a little bit too playfully. Maybe the drink was getting into her head? She didn't mind it at the very least though. In fact, she was enjoying the moment.

Anthoney smiled, and shrugged his shoulders. "I suppose that all depends on you, as only you can truly decide who is worthy of you, no?" He took a sip of his drink, and tucked some of his hair behind his ear. The atmosphere was not a place for such slow, calm conversation, but he rather enjoyed it this way. The bubbly environment fed his enthusiasm for the evening, while the calm, intelligent conversation with this woman was certainly keeping him clear of mind and joyous. The power a simple talk had was incredible to the pure blood. He followed suit and took a new glass as she took one, since he had just finished his. He was still rather clear of mind, and planned to stay that way for the majority of the night in order to benefit from this conversation as much as possible - to see where it would go, exactly. He was curious, as he had not expected the night to pan out in this way. But now it had, and he was perfectly willing to allow it to continue on its current track.
The wizard grinned, and bowed his head. She didn't look like a Karen, but it was a good thing. Karen was such a nice name, as was Jade. Anthoney nodded as she spoke, agreeing with his assumptions. She seemed too quiet to be in an environment such as this frequently. His eyebrows rose curiously as she confessed to him that she was a Kindergarten teacher. It was surprising, as she seemed so young. Then again, a lot of people were young and working in good jobs these days. It was incredible. And artist as well. "A kindergarten teacher? That sounds interesting. What medium of art do you do?" Anthoney himself was terrible at all things artist. He couldn't draw a stick figure correctly. The 'few minutes drive' told Anthoney what he had already expected. Being in a muggle area, Anthoney was quite sure he would be running into muggles, which was by far how he liked it. Anthoney smiled at her. "Not too much more, I assure you. I myself live quite a distance from here." She seemed to be feeling the effects of alcohol, or she was this open with everyone she met. Anthoney suspected the former.

Karen couldn't help but beam a smile at the man right in front of her. "I guess you're perfectly correct," she said, her tone mild and soothing. The bar had slowly been gaining people in groups and in pairs and she was so glad that she wasn't alone at the very moment. This was one of the rare times that she enjoyed hanging around at a bar after she had graduated college. And the company of an intelligent man was quite wonderful for the said woman. She hadn't been noticing that time was slowly passing by as she was quite enjoying the conversation that they were having. She was quite failing to keep track as well of how fast she was drinking, but she knew she'd be perfectly fine as she hadn't been quite feeling dizzy yet, but she was feeling a bit hyper and wanting to move around, but she kept herself on her seat, not very willing yet to stop their current flow.

"It is a very fun profession, most especially if you like being around children," she admitted as she fixed her hair a bit and shifted a bit in her seat so she could look at him and still be comfortable. She paused for a moment, contemplating about his question until she finally came into an answer. "Personally, I love using watercolors. But oil on canvas paintings are quite amusing to do as well," Karen admitted with a smile. It was art they were talking about! And she really loved art! It was the reason why she only came as a kindergarten teacher four times a week, instead of the usual five or six days. She wanted a day for her arts! The artist merely raised an eyebrow as Anthoney claimed that he lived far from they were currently at. "Really? Have you grown tired of all the other bars near your house?" she asked with a grin and a teasing tone as she took another sip of her drink. This time, she looked around the bar and was really aching to get herself within the crowd and move around. The alcohol was getting into her head but she really didn't care too much. She wanted to dance and move around. She didn't really want to leave her companion though. Perhaps she should invite him? Maybe she should. "Want to dance?" she asked, her eyes gleaming with desire to plead him to join her in dancing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back