Sneaking around...

Amy had been lagging behind the other slightly, keeping them in sight all the time, but still lagging behind. She kept catching her arms and legs on the thorns growing out into her path way. Her robes had small holes in them and her arms were now covered in small scratches but she had to keep up with the rest.
It was then that she actually walked right into Andy and looking up saw a figure standing infront of them. Amy froze, she knew not what the creature infront of them was but it looked like it was talking to Keira and so Amy stood stock still, waiting for her to reply.

Andy heard the noise just as she literally had sworn she couldn't hear anything. She turned in the direction that it was coming from, knowing the sound to be of hooves and convinced they might get to see Jolly's unicorn afterall.
What they saw instead was a very large, very ticked off armed centaur. Andromeda's mouth hung open and in her speechlessnes, which doesn't occur very often she dropped her wand to the floor.

She was too busy staring at the amazing sight before her, he was stunning. Scary but stunning.
"Oh my word!" she muttered when she finally did find her voice, "by the wings of the golden snitch tell me I'm dreaming!"

Realising then that her wand was no longer in her hand, she bent slowly down to retrieve it.

Vico redirected the aim of his bow to the girl who had dropped her wand, "Leave your weapon where it is." he ordered rather gruffly. He was prepared to call some more archers and perhaps a warrior or two in order to show the people present that he was not to be reckoned with but at the moment felt he could handle three witches in training by himself.

Andy gulped when the centaur called out to her to leave her 'weapon' where it was.
As she had been bending down to retrieve it, she fell all but kneeling now on the ground in her surprise at being roared at.

She didn't understand why the centaur was being rude to them she hadn't done any magical creatures classes yet and certainly hadn't even gotten to the centaur section in the library. She left her wand where it lay and was now quite hesitant to even stand up, but she did so very very slowly.

Andy even put her two hands in the air as she had seen countless times on muggle police movies. She whispered to Kiera;

"Any ideas?"

Kiera saw the centaur and his raised bow. She glared at him. She didnt like how he was talking to them, espically when he threated Andy. She heard Andy and she knew what she should do. "Protego!" she yelled as a magical barrier formed between her and the centaur, the other girls were behind her. She knew her spell would hold as she was excellent at it and her wand was specially made for charms and defense. "Okay we need a plan!" she said hurriedly to the other girls.

((occ: I just reread DH and in the book Protego blocks objects as well as spells...but correct me if Im wrong and Ill edit...))

Out of Character: I know, but it only lasts an instant as well.

In character:

Vico grew annoyed, "Answer my question girl and you'll leave once you promise ne'er to return." Vico started in a gruff manner, "I want you out of my home, why would I keep you here? Now lower your wand or there will be more bows aimed at you than you could ever imagine." he continued in the same threatening tone. "Stupid witches" he whispered; his bow trained on the elder again.

Kiera did not lower her wand. No one talked to her or her friends like that! She was mad. "It is none of your business what we are doing! And dont you dare call us stupid witches!!" she said her voice thick with disgust. She was ready to act at any moment.

Vico whistled and after a few seconds of silence galloping was heard and every tree behind the girls had another Centaur behind it. "This is my home I have every right." Vico explained, "I would advise you to tell me and then leave."

Jolly had been so shocked to her the centaur that it seemed like she had momentarily lost her voice. When she finally gained it, Kiera had put a shield around them and was arguing with the handsome creature. She licked her lips and said, "Really, Kiera. It's just a centaur." Her tone was timid but she tried to look confident. She remembered what her mother had told her about being confident and polite to others. "Please, sir...er, Mr. Centaur, we...we were," she paused, trying to think of some excuse, "...we didn't mean to intrude. We just were familiarizing ourselves with the Forest territory." Hmm, that sounds good enough, she thought to herself, wondering whether she should smile at the centaur or not.

Andromeda watched as Kiera did the protego charm shielding them all, she knew this wouldn't protect them for long. Andy listened to the centaur realising he thought that the four of them were a threat. She turned to say so to the others but Keira replied to him telling him not to call them stupid witches.
Unfortunately Andy felt very much like a stupid witch just then. Jolly chose to speak up, Andromeda smiled at her friends bravery knowing it must be terrifying for her to do so.

Andromeda knew the arrow was still pointing at her, the shield wouldn't last much longer she took a deep breath and hoped Kiera wouldn't kill her. She bowed her head in acknowledgement of the centaur. And thought honesty here was definitly the best policy. She planned on living out the rest of the night and hopefully with her friends.

"We came in here looking for adventure. Yes we are 'stupid witches', smart ones wouldn't have come so deep. Smart ones would most likely have come during the day and smart ones would be more prepared. We are only witches in training. Our wands are not classified as weapons yet, we can barely use them ...well, except for Keira", Andy smiled turning to her friend, she looked back at the centaur and said gravely;

"We didn't know that this was your home. If we had known we wouldn't have trespassed. That is the truth and ... you have my word and ..." she looked at the others nodding her head hoping they would speak up in agreement, "you have their word as students from the house of Gryffindor that we won't enter this far again".

Andromeda took a deep breath and waited. For hopefully the others to give their vows or the centaur to let them leave.

"Hey, I am not stupid!" Jolly whispered to Andy, huffing slightly but did not dare raise her voice incase the centaur guy heard her and turned his arrow in her direction. However, as much as she wanted to get out of this mess, Jolly did not nod her head along with Andy when she said that they wouldn't come in this part of the forest again. Jolly hated making promises that she doubted she'd be able to fulfil. For now, the Forest remained a mystery and what if the situation came in the future where she would have to enter the forest?

Jolly bit her lips and looked down, giving no indication that she had heard Andy. She shifted slightly closer to Kiera and gently took hold of her arm. She trusted Kiera, for some reason. And knew that Kiera would always protect them. "Please, sir, as my friend said, we didn't mean to trespass. We'll just go now," she said, gathering up her courage again. She hoped Andy, Kiera and Amy would get the point and turn around...so that they could run away as far as possible.

"Then the two younger ones may leave, assuming they assure me they will ne'er return." Vico barked, motioning them around him with his bow. "As for the elder of you she will remain until she explains to me why she entered my home without reason; as she trespassed I do not need to be any nicer than I am already being."

Andy looked at Keira aghast. There was no way she was leaving Keira in here with him on her own. She waited for Keira to answer or give Jolly, herself and Amy some inclination what she wanted them to do.

Kiera sighed. She didnt like giving in. If it hadnt been for Jolly, Andy, and Amy Kiera would not have been so submissive. She smiled politely. "Sorry we didnt know we were tresspassing. We were looking for a unicorn. We just wanted a glimpse of one." she said trying to be nice to the rude creature.

Jolly's eyes widened in shock when the centaur targetted Kiera to remain behind. She was still holding on to Kiera's arm. When the elder girl spoke, Jolly immediately nodded her vigorously, to the extent that she looked quite funny. "Yes, yes, Kiera's right. It's not her fault," Jolly told the centaur honestly. It was true. It had been Jolly who had been running around in pursuit of creatures, not Kiera.

"Then leave now and ne'er return." Vico commanded, relaxing his bow again and motioning the witches to go around him.

"Lets go girls." she whispered to them. "Andy dont forget your wand." she said pointing to it on the ground. She didnt like retreating but it was the only safe way. "Yall go first...Im going to follow you in case they try anything." she said in a barely audible tone. She knew the most magic and wanted to protect them from behind. She watched the bow carefully, ready to put up a shield at anytime.

Jolly let out a breathe that she hadn't known she had been holding when the centaur told them to leave...without hurting or punishing them. "Th-thank you," she managed to say before quickly hurrying around him to the other side. She turned to beckon Andy and Amy forward. Kiera was following them and Jolly suddenly felt a rush of gratitude and admiration towards the elder girl.

Andromeda smiled now, a few words from Kiera and the centaur was leaving them go. She reminded herself to clip the back of Jolly's head for leading them this far into the forest. Kiera told her not to forget her wand which in all the hulla balu Andromeda quite nearly did do. She bent down picked it and held it tight as the lumos spell was still cast.

Andy followed to where Jolly stood waiting for them. She passed by the centaur and muttered, "sorry" to him.

Amy had been watching the whole interaction from behind the others. She was really quite short and so it was easy for her to stand behind them and not be noticed. She didn't dare move a muscle and stayed silent, not wanting to make matters worse for them. On hearing that they could go Amy quickly followed Andy and Jolly away from the centaurs, glad to be able to get away from them.

Kiera followed the girls only she walked backwards. She held her wand up and watched the centaur carefully in case he wanted to shoot any arrows at them. She had a fierce look in her eyes as she watched the centaur.

Andromeda held up her wand and reached for Amy's hand.
"Can you take Jolly's hand Amy? Jolly can hold Keira's to help guide her along. Otherwise she could trip on a branch or something", Andy walked on in the direction of the castle.

"Whew," Jolly muttered to Andy and Amy as they came along. "That was close." They were walking back in the direction of the castle and Jolly's heart was slowly going back to its normal pace. When Andy told them to take each other's hands, Jolly obediently stepped closer to Kiera and held onto her arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back