OOC First Name
Kaitlyn
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Ivy Wand 13" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Theodore Snow the Second was so relieved when his sister moved schools. He had a hunch that his older brother would leave too since his girlfriend was graduating. Theodore didn’t really care to know who it was since they were pretty far apart in age. Theodore looked down at his plate of celery and cucumbers, almost gagging. He could feel as though his mother was watching him, shouting at him to eat some greens. He grabbed a celery stick and dipped it into a glob of peanut butter. As he chewed, he could almost mask the weird taste of celery. At least it was editable. He did love cucumbers though, sprinkled with salt. At least he would not be able to lie and say he didn’t try to eat healthy. He didn’t gen like meat or fish. He preferred fruits and breads. Oh well, what else could he do?

Tyler hadn't connected with his roommates too much, besides Blake. He wanted the boy to be his best friend, but it wouldn't hurt to have some backup choices. Jasper was definitely out, as he was extremely annoying. Mordred was just boring, and Tyler had dismissed him as an option early on. There was Theodore was well, but something about the other boy had made Tyler keep his distance. He looked strange, almost too perfect, and had an air about him like he was very important. Tyler's parents had taught him about pure blood families in New Zealand, so he knew Theodore was part of one of those families. At least, he was pretty sure. That might mean the boy would want nothing to do with Tyler, but maybe it was worth a shot. At the Slytherin table, Tyler looked over at Theodore and noticed some odd things on his plates. Celery sticks and cucumber, which he ate with peanut butter apparently. He blinked, hoping the boy hadn't caught him staring. "Is... that good?" He asked after a moment, unable to help a slight frown. At least it was a conversation starter, which was something.

Theodore heard someone speaking to him. Since Theodore did not care about a lot, or anything in general, so he did not know his dorm mates name. The boy asked if it was good, which referred to what he was eating. Celery and peanut butter. "No. Rather stuff greens down my throat than deal with mom." Her red eyes actually made him nervous at times. Plus, her temper was huge. He dropped the half eaten piece of celery down on the plate and picked up a slice of cucumber. He popped it into his mouth which tasted so much better than the never ending chewing of the celery. Theodore did not notice that the other boy had stared at all. He was too much in tuned with what he had to eat.

Tyler was glad the boy didn't ignore him or tell him to leave him alone. His response hadn't exactly been warm, but it wasn't bad either. Tyler had gotten some toast with jam himself and took a bite as the other boy answered. Then he nodded in understanding, though he was still a bit confused. "Oh. Strict parents?" He asked him. He then paused, thinking. "But... how would she know, anyway? If you didn't eat it, I mean." He added, unsure. "She's not a teacher here, is she?" He hadn't noticed any teachers with that last name, but maybe his mother had a different last name. Tyler glanced at the staff table before glancing back at the blond boy. Tyler wasn't above lying a little to his parents when it seemed necessary, and he hadn't thought any other Slytherins would be extremely honest people.

Theodore was a little taken back when the boy kept talking to him. He knew his tone was anything but friendly, nor was it an open invitation, but whatever. Theodore popped another piece of cucumber in his mouth, chewing it softly. At least this Slytherin had table manners. He waited to speak after he finished swallowing. “She doesn’t teach here but I’m distantly related to Professor Styx. I would rather not chance a howler if I can avoid it.” His mother was also the first student ever in Hogwarts New Zealand to get expelled. “To put it this way, my mom was the first student here to get expelled since the school opened.” That alone should explain on how strict she was. His dad, on the other hand, was laid back and didn’t care. But, it was obvious who wore the pants in that marriage.

Tyler was a bit surprised to hear that Theodore was related to Professor Styx, and it was just another reason to at least avoid making an enemy out of the boy. "I see. Must be nice, to have a relative around." He said noncommittally, as he didn't know if the boy liked his relative or not. Tyler was playing it safe in this conversation, staying neutral and letting the other boy set the tone. "I can understand not wanting to get a howler, would Styx tell on you, you think?" Tyler was a bit surprised the boy then told him her mother had been the first person to be expelled since the school opened. If Tyler was in his shoes, he wouldn't have shared that information so freely. "Why was she expelled?" He asked, unable to stop himself from asking.

Theodore shrugged his shoulders. He did not care if he had relatives at the school or not. It mattered not to him anymore. “My older brother is also here. He is a Slytherin prefect. Having relatives in the same school can be a blessing and a curse.” Theodore wanted nothing more than to be alone most of the time anyway but having someone around as back up would be comforting. If he angered people anyway. “I honestly don’t know but I don’t want to take any chances. Professor Styx is hard to read.” Theodore glanced up toward the staff people. Their head of house was over there, sipping on a drink while reading something. Parchment. The boy asked him about his mom and Theodore chuckled. This should be fun. “My mom... well here is some context. She is a parselmouth. Her adopted dad, Styx’s brother, really hates that reputation that comes with that gift. He oppressed it. He taught here a long time ago. At Halloween, she snapped and attacked him. Prodan got hurt badly and Professor Styx and the headmaster then kicked her out.”

Tyler nodded as Theodore went on, telling him his older brother was a Slytherin prefect. That sort of thing was good to know. Tyler now knew he probably shouldn't include Theodore in any potential plans that broke any rules. "I imagine so." He said as Theodore told him it was both a blessing and a curse. He didn't have to say much, as Theodore seemed to like talking about himself. Tyler nodded as the boy said Styx was hard to read, then leaned his chin on his hand. His eyebrows rose as the boy explained his family history. It definitely seemed a lot different than his own family. That seemed boring in comparison now, but Tyler was grateful. He didn't want anyone else's reputation to compete with. "That sounds rough." He said after a moment. "Do you think teachers will treat you differently because of that? Like maybe you'll attack one of them too?" He asked, though Theodore didn't seem like he would care much about that.

Theodore shrugged his shoulders, “It won’t matter soon anyway. My older brother is leaving at the end of the year. Apparently, he is going off with his girlfriend.” Asmodeus was out of his mind, according to Theodore. He would never leave school over a girl. That was beyond crazy. “But I have a distant cousin, Viktor Styx, who is also a prefect.” Not that Viktor would bother. Theodore knew that Viktor was too busy with his own stuff to worry about a couple of Slytherins. Theodore shook his head, “Actually, with the turn over rate, I think the only person here that knew what happened and why would be our Head of House. So, I shouldn’t have anything against me. Not that I care, I sleep in class anyway.” Theodore was more or less a slacker, and for a good reason. More than likely, when he leaves school, he would already have a secure future. It didn’t matter from which side, the Snow’s or the Zhefarovich’s. Both had their claws in major careers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back