Slytherin Quidditch Tryouts

(Thank goodness :p)

Zoe waited to be one of the last people to go for her tryout, because she wanted to get into the flying mood by watching other people go ahead of her. Once she was sure there were only a few people left, she stepped forward, with her emerald streak in her gloved hands. "I'll go next." She said, slightly nervously hoping she would do well. She hadn't flown in a while, and didn't want to look stupid in front of her juniors.

She mounted her broom, and kicked off, making small circles as the quaffle was being taken out of the chest. Isabella threw her the quaffle, and Zoe caught it with ease in her right arm, as her left arm kept control of the broom. She could fly handless, but didn't want to be a show off, or risk falling off her broom during the try out. She leaned forward onto her broom, to make herself more aerodynamic, and put the quaffle in her stomach to protect it, as though she were in an actual game. Her stomach was hurting her a little, but she took the pain.

She soared through the sky, turning around invisible opponents, dodging non-existant bludgers, and all that was seen was the contrast of her fiery red hair against the shiny metallic green of her broom. She approached the three hoops at the other end of the pitch, and raised her body to release the quaffle from her body's cage. With her legs grasped tightly around the broom, she let go of the broom with both hands. With the quaffle in both hands, prepared for a two-handed throw, the whole broom began to spin to the right, and she ended almost upside-down.

Nerves running through Zoe's blood as fast as poison, she grabbed onto the broom with her left hand, and curled the ball into her armpit. Gaining control over the broom, she stayed upright, and aimed for the left hoop, allowing her eyes to fall onto it. She watched as the keeper's eyes met her own, then she made a quick fake to the left, and whipped the brown ball into the far right hoop, smirking as the captain fell for the fake, not making the catch.

She went and retrieved the quaffle, and brought it to the ground, giving it to Isabella. Zoe went and sat down next to Blake on the bench, waiting to see what the Captains would say.

(Are first years allowed to tryout? If not, please just disregard this post :) Sorry I'm so late with this :[ I'd like to try out for Seeker :) )

Sandie made her way down to the Quidditch pitch with a smile on her face. Today was the Quidditch tryouts. She knew first years hardly ever made the teams and that she would have a very slim chance, but she still wanted to try. She would give it her best shot, and if she wasn't good enough, well there was always next year, wasn't there?
"Damn, I'm late" she sighed, noticing practically all of the Slytherins at HNZ were on the pitch. Everyone had there own brooms, too. Sandie hadn't had a chance to buy one yet, although she was hoping her mum would send her one over.
She quickly took a school broom from the old, weather-beaten closet before making her way over to the older girl who seemed to be in charge, the captain. She didn't know her name, so she just smiled warmly. "Hi, I'm Sandie Treasure and I'd like to try out for Seeker" she said in her strong northern accent, before listening in as the girl told them all what they were to do for their try out.
Sandie watched as one by one, students rose into the air, playing the position they most wanted. Finally, it seemed like everyone had had their shot, and Sandie stepped forward. "I'll go next" she smiled. Watching everyone else fly had really gotten her into the Quidditch mood, and she was eager to get onto her broom.
Swinging a leg over it, she flew up towards the sky, loving the feel of the wind in her hair, and halted as she was level with the hoops. The Captain released the Snitch, and it took off at such a fast speed she couldn't keep her eye on it. Lying low on her broom, Sandie sped forward, scanning the pitch for a glimmer of gold. Her dad had taught her to play Quidditch, and she wanted to make him proud. She knew nothing would do this more than her making the team, she also knew nothing would be harder.
She narrowed her eyes and kept searching. Finally, after what seemed like hours, but was really only seconds, she spotted it.
It was flying about over by the Hufflepuff stands, in the NNE area of the pitch, flying around in circles, as if taunting her. Sandie smirked, "I'm gonna get you" she muttered, gripping her broom tightly and speeding forwards, trying to make her broom go faster. She couldn't wait to get her own broom, these school ones were simply useless when it came to Quidditch. "Come on" she urged it, gritting her teeth, she could see the Snitch wavering to and from the NNE and NNW areas. Finally, she gave up trying to speed the broom up and just kept her eyes on the snitch, like a hawk watching it's prey from high in the sky, waiting to swoop down and grab it when it least expected. She drew nearer and nearer the snitch, determined she was going to catch it. It kept moving around, a constant haze of gold, and as she was inches from it, she pulled herself forward, to the very end of the broom. It tipped up a little at the back and Sandie took one hand off it, reaching it out to grab the snitch. She was lucky she had such good balance. Her fingers were almost touching it when it suddenly dropped downwards and began to hover just above the surface of the Pitch. It wasn't getting way from her that easily, though, and Sandie dived, spiralling towards the ground with speed she thought she could not have achieved on such a broom. Moments before crashing, Sandie pulled upwards. The snitch was yet again, inches from her, fluttering around. Sandie moved closer, just an inch, not wanting to send it off again, before throwing her hand out and lunging forwards, still gripping the broom tightly with her left hand. Her right hand closed around the snitch and she grinned, punching the air in victory. She'd caught it, she'd caught the snitch! The gold metal was cold against her palm and the small wings continued to flutter for a moment, until Sandie tightened her grasp, at which point they stopped. Flying over towards the rest of the Slytherins, Sandie landed softly on the ground and returned the Snitch to the captain with a wide grin, her grey eyes sparkling with delight. She'd caught the snitch! Alright it had taken her a while, but she'd caught it. She knew her try-out couldn't have gone better, it definitely wasn't at the same standard as the other students, but it was the best she could have done. Even if she didn't make the team this year, she could only improve, and she would hopefully make it next year. She wasn't expecting to make the team anyway, she had watched another girl try out for Seeker, and she had been great. She wouldn't be dissapointed, she'd just try a hell of a lot harder at the next try outs!
Returning her broom to the closet, she took a seat on the ground, waiting to see if there was anything else to happen before she hurried off.

Sorry Sandie, first years are not allowed to try out because they haven't yet finished their flying lessons. :)

Alright gahhhhh this was incredibly hard :doh: and you all were great of course! :D
Y8 Slytherin Team

Chasers:
Isabella Chaos, Co-Captain
Andrew Bruke, Co-Captain *** Larissa Sedgwick [Andrew has been away for a long while and it seems unsure when he'll return so I'd like Larissa to take up this position for the time being while he is away]
Henric Lee

Beaters:
Adira Ater
Theodore Snow

Keeper:
Blake Zepline

Seeker:
Zoe-Hope Weasley

Alternates:
Hilde Lindstrom
Clover Alfred
As of right now we only have two alternates, and I might definitely be looking for more because from previous experience, alternates are DEFINITELY suuuuper important because there can be all kinds of crazy conflicts and such when it comes to game time, so if you just made an alternate, don't fret, you're just as important (if not more!) than the listed players.

In case anyone wasn't able to witness the Quidditch games last year, I must warn you that it requires you to be extremely active and on your toes but even with the frustration it is soo much fun! :D

Please let me know if you're strongly opposed to the position you got and/or just want to know why things were chosen this way, I'd be happy to let you know both IC and OOC reasons why. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back