Slytherin Quidditch Tryouts

Zoe bit her lip, and said, "Well, the last time I played quidditch, I was seeker, but I'm more than willing to play another position." She said, feeling a little uneasy about re-riding her broom.

She looked up at Kale, and smirked. "Nice seeing you too, Kale!" She called out above, then turned her attention back to Blake.

Jaken flew up to the hoops and took his position. He smirked and waited for Isabella to give him her best shot and try to make it in the goal.

"Well what do you feel comfortable with? You can tryout for more than one position. Perhaps you'd just like to experiment? Then we can see whichever position you perform the best in and then go from there," Blake suggested to Zoe, offering an encouraging smile.

Zoe had wanted to try something new. "Yeah, that's probably best." She had discovered she wasn't the best of a seeker, so she wanted to try something different.

She mounted her broom, and slowly kicked off, feeling as thought it was natural, and she was whole once again. She raised herself a bit higher, only about four feet high, when she lost her balance and fell. Her nerves had taken over her body, and she knew she could do better.

When she fell, she began to laugh, feeling embarassed, but knowing something like that would happen. She got back on her broom, and stayed close to the ground gaining more confidence.

Blake nodded to Zoe and watched her fly away and then fall off her broom shortly after. Dropping his broom, he was just about to run to her side when issues of her laughter echoed around the pitch. Raising a curious eyebrow, Blake figured she wasn't hurt since she soon regained herself and took flight again.
Shrugging, Blake then turned to Makato. "What about yourself?"

"Well I am more suited for a seeker position, I am not very heavy and am quiet horrible at trying to hit things. I will defiantly try anything at least once." Makato said with a smile as he mounted his broom. He kept his feet firmly on the ground but could hardly hide the ache in his body to move fast and fly high. He waited patiently for the Captains final feelings.

((Sorry, I was gone for a bit!))

Isabella hovered in the air for a bit and caught the Quaffle that Blake had thrown at her. Just when she was about to start throwing the Quaffle around she heard Kale yell a head's up for the Bludgers. Isabella had to admit that this was the one thing she had been afraid of while playing Quidditch. She saw one hurtling towards her and she instantly dived down but it turned out there was no need to dive out of the way seeing as Kale was a great Beater.
Isabella did three fast, small circles to shake off her nerves and noticed 3 more students arrive. They all looked older than her, which made her even more nervous to try out, but she shook those nerves off, determined to do what she liked, Quidditch. Then Blake called out for a change of plan and paired her up with a 5th year named Jaken.
Isabella balanced the Quaffle in one hand and threw it up in the air. She caught it with the same hand and then smirked at Jaken. "You ready?" she asking jokingly.
Isabella flew all around the pitch, this time doing loop-de-loops hoping to distract Jaken. She was in the Northwest part of the pitch and she prepared to throw the Quaffle into the furthest left hoop. Suddenly Isabella gave a fast right and ended up on the Northeast part of the pitch and threw it as hard as she could into the furthest right hoop, hoping Jaken couldn't reach it in time.

((Is that considered god-modding?))
[Ok, I fixed it!!]

[No worries about the late post.
And unfortunately, yes. It most likely would be considered a god-mod as Jaken didn't RP that himself. You should probably edit your post because Jaken may prefer his character to do something else. :) ]

"That sounds fine by me. You can start off with the chaser position, that would suit your physic more since you say you're bad at hitting things. But first, fly a lap around the pitch, then grab a quaffle and partner up with Kale."
Thinking he'd said enough, Blake too then mounted his broom and kicked off into the air. When he found the glimmering red-head he was searching for, he bounded off toward Zoe. "Forgot to make you do a lap around the pitch," he said to her when he was close enough for her to hear him. "Anyway, you seem rather light on your broom today, so I don't want to thrust a bat on you. Let's test your chaser skills first, and since we only have two sets of hoops, I'd like you to team up with Isabella against Jaken so that I can keep an eye on all you without being distracted myself."
Once he was sure Zoe understood him, Blake then flew over to Kale to explain that he needed him to keep down at the South end of the pitch. And after that, Blake flew back over to the North end of the pitch and quickly explained to Jaken and Isabella that Zoe would be joining Isabella's side, hoping that Jaken wouldn't feel taken too much pressure from the trial. When all the explaining had finally been taken care of, Blake flew to the center of the pitch and waited for everyone to comply so that he could observe each of them carefully, hoping silently that he hadn't overdone himself.

Kale observed as Blake instructed the other people in the try outs, when he finally made his way over to him, Kale nodded at his captain and flew over to the South side of the pitch. He wasn't sure exactly what Blake wanted him to do, but Kale was keeping his eye out on the others.

(What is Kale supposed to be doing? :"> )

Jaken nodded, "Yeah, go on ahead." Jaken watched her carefully, trying to predict her next move. He felt rather shocked to see her do some loops. He kept his eye on the quaffle, going from left. He leaned a bit toward the right, as he has seen this move in the past. As she threw it, he flew in front of the hoop and caught it. Jaken smirked, "You'll have to be a bit faster than that." He threw the quaffle and hoped that either Zoe or Isabella would catch it, before it hit the ground.

Isabella smiled at him. She had to admit he wasn't bad. He looked at both the girls and threw the Quaffle at their direction and Isabella caught it. She then decided to give Zoe-Hope a shot and called out to her, "Hey Zoe!" and threw it in her direction, hoping she had given her enough warning.

Zoe rose up higher in the air, getting ready to catch the quaffle that had just been thrown her way by Isabella. Carefully removing a hand from the broom, she raised it up in the air in the direction the quaffle was coming in, and when she felt the ball hit her hand, immediately, she curled her arm into her body, bringint the quaffle with it.

She then did a few small circles around Jaken and Isabella, before calling out, "Jaken, it's coming your way!" and heaving the ball in his direction.

Zoe then did the lap that Blake had asked her to do previously.

Jaken smiled back at Isabella, and turned his attention to Zoe as she caught the quaffle. He kept his eyes on her as she circled Isabella and himself. He heard her shout, and he caught the quaffle in both hands, and realized that it somehow slipped from his grip. Jaken soared down and caught it again. He laughed at himself and threw the quaffle to Isabella.

Isabella kept her eye on the Quaffle the whole time. As soon as Jaken threw it to her she caught it instantly and without even a nanosecond to pause she threw it right back hoping that Jaken didn't have time to prepare and she'd score this time.

Jaken's eyes widened as he saw the quaffle flying by him. He soared to try to catch it, however, by the time he caught it, he was in the middle of the hoop. Feeling rather dismayed about being caught off guard, he asked Isabella, "Would that count as a point or not?" He laughed, realizing he was enjoying this. He threw the quaffle once again to whichever girl wanted it.

Makato grinned at Blake's order and then kicked off the ground. The wind smashed against his face and as he soared higher and higher. Makato had missed flying so much over his departuter from the school.

Once Makato reached the hieght that was well out of the way of everybody he leaned foward on his broom and took off at top speed around the pitch. He weaved in and out of the stands and hoops. At the end he thought he would try a daring move that he had not done in forever. He pulled hard up on his broom shot even higher in the sky, as he can hieght he then randomly started into a spinnign dive toward the ground. He had taught himself to not get dizzy during the manuaver becasue if he could not think straight he would not be able to complete the Manuaver. As he got closer to the ground he pulled up as hard as he could on the broom. It was a close one to say the least he had almost fell off his broom but managed to stay on.

He then flew up to meet the captain and to get where he needed to go next.

Isabella laughed along with Jaken. "I don't know!" she said in between her laughter at Jaken's question. "Ask Blake, he should know!" she said, then turning to Blake.

Kale Thomas said:
(What is Kale supposed to be doing? :"> )
[Be the Keeper for Makato lol. sorry I didn't make that clear enough #-o ]

Jaken shrugged, "Let's count it as a point. It is only practice anyway."

Isabella shrugged. "Sounds good to me," she said smiling, and wanting to get back to playing the game. This was the most fun Isabella had had since she'd arrived at school and her wanting to be on the team was now even stronger.

Jaken got back into his position and his passion for competition had finally returned. He waited for one of his opponents to try to score again.

Zoe finished the lap, and zoomed back over to Isabella, feeling like she was herself once again, glad that she could ride a broom without falling over.

She noticed Isabella had the quaffle, and waited to see if she would shoot or pass.

(You do have the ball, right Isabella? :p)

[Yeah...you do have the quaffle, don't you Isabella? lol]

Blake had remained hovering in the middle and had been observing Jaken, Isabella and Zoe when Makato flew up to meet him.
"Get yourself a quaffle and try to get a shot past Kale. He'll be playing Keeper for you," he said over the howling wind.

[No lol, Jaken threw it to one of us girls a few posts back and neither of us rped that we caught it LOL! :)) So we'll just go with it...]

After Jaken had thrown the ball their way and both she and Zoe-Hope hadn't caught it, Isabella saw it falling fast to the ground. Immediately she gripped her broomstick and dived down to catch it as fast as her Nimbus allowed her to. Come on, push, she thought determinedly. She stretched her hand out and her fingertips felt the air as the Quaffle gained speed. Then she let go of her broom with her other hand and outstretched both, barely grasping the ball by the tips of her fingers. She tucked the ball under into her right arm and grabbed her broom by her left hand again to guide it back up. "Catch Zoe!" she screamed when she was a few feet away from her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back