Slytherin Quidditch Tryouts

Blake Zepline

Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
[Before you tryout for any position, please make sure you have read the Quidditch Rules and be sure to make yourself familiar with them. If you don't understand something about it, PM me. I will be happy to try to clarify anything for you with the best of my understanding.
I hope no one gets offended if their character does not make the cut, but I assure you that I will do my best to be fair. :)
Good Luck!!]

It was a decent day out. The sun wasn't blazing too strongly, and the winds were blowing just hard enough to offer up a little bit of flying challenge, nothing that could cause a problem. Laid out on the grass before Blake was the full set of Quidditch accessories, only the snitch and the bludgers remained strapped in the trunk, the two latter already causing a racket. Blake hoped that everyone who was trying out would come prepared with their own broom. But just in case, he had brought out a few of the school brooms.
Having spent the earlier part of the day gathering self-assurance, Blake now felt eased and confident about the tryouts. He knew from his first year that there was a lot of potential in Slytherin House, and hoped that at least a few of the first years had talent, if not most. With a glance at his wristwatch, he noted that it was almost time to start the trials, which meant that the everyone should be arriving shortly.

Andrew had seen the notice on the Noticeboard in the Slytherin common room and couldn't wait to go to the tryouts.He wondered who the Qudditch captain would be this year, whoever it was he was anxious to impress them.

He made his way to the Qudditch Pitch with his Emerald Streak in his one hand.He noticed that the wind was rough which would be a good challange for Andrew.Andrew was a bit suprised to see Blake Zeplin because Andrew had the impression that maybe Ford or Kale would be waiting for him. "Hello.Are you the Qudditch Captain?"Andrew asked with a smile.

Blake nodded greetings the boy named Andrew, having remembered that from the Slytherin House meeting. "Yes, I am the Quidditch Captain," he said casually, a smile lightened his face. "Any idea on what you'd like to tryout for?"

Not a thing in the world could make Kale's day better if he knew that he would be playing quidditch sometime that day. He and Blake were now roomates since he returned to Hogwarts New Zealand. Kale was relieved that Blake was there since Ford had seemed to have disappeared, though he did miss seeing his old friend around.

With his Emerald Streak at hand, Kale trudged down to the quidditch pitch. He was enthusiastic to actually get a sucessful team put together this year; he was optimistic that Blake could lead the team to victory. Kale was looking forward to playing Bruin's team the most, some competition from his best friend had been what he wanted for the past two year but quidditch never did seem to go anywhere. As he entered the grass clearing, Kale immediately saw Blake standing and waiting for the others to arrive for the tryouts, he also couldn't help but notice a younger boy standing next to him. He approached them with a smirk and greeted them with a curt nod, "Heya. Great weather for quidditch, eh?"

"I'll say!" Blake answered enthusiastically. "Glad you could make it."
Turning his full attention to both Andrew and Kale now, Blake said, "Let me know what you guys want to tryout for, and then go on ahead and show me what you got. But first take a quick lap around the pitch, then feel free to improvise. I'll just be here taking mental notes and such, so if I'm needed to lob some throws or whatever then just say the word."

"I'd like to try out as a seeker"Andrew said to Blake thinking of Makato.He wanted to play the same position, he hoped that Qudditch would become a weak point of their new friendship.

"Okay,I will go and do a lap"he said as he mounted his Emerald Streak and took off at full speed.He gained height up to 15m above the ground and gripped his brom tightly.He counted up to three in his mind and went full speed ahead.The wind was blowing on to his face as he accelarated .His broom was at its highest speed and he was back in the spot where Blake stood in one minute or so.He touched the
ground and got off his Emerald Streak.He smiled brightly at Blake and was proud of his flying skills and was thankful to Professor Ana.

"Good job. Now," Blake said once Andrew had finished his lap. Reaching down to the trunk, Blake unstrapped the snitch and held it between his index finger and thumb, its wings unclasping themselves from around its body, flitting wildly. Grinning, Blake then let go of the snitch and watched it zoom away. "Let's see some skill," he said to Andrew encouragingly.

Isabella was so glad that she had immediately owled home to send them her Nimbus 2000. She wasn't sure if first years were allowed to play Quidditch at all so she hadn't bothered bringing it, but when she heard they could she was so excited. She quickly walked down to the pitch with her Nimbus in her hand.
Once she got there she noticed she was the only girl so far. "Hi, I'm Isabella," she said to the three boys. "I'm a first year hoping to try out for the Quidditch Team," she said unnecessarily. As if they couldn't already guess that Bella, she thought, feeling dumb. "Don't be fooled by my physique, I'm actually taller than most first year girls, and I've been practicing Quidditch at home for a while now," she said.

"Well then hi to you too Isabella. I'm Blake Zepline, Slytherin Team Captain," he said, grinning at the sight of another face. Chuckling at her reassurances, Blake added, "Don't worry, I certainly don't judge by looks. I know someone who's quite small for their age, but is a hell of a dare devil. So, what are you trying out for?"

Andrew mounted his broom once more and kicked off hard form the ground,going in the direction where he had last see the snitch.He made his way towards the Northside goal postshis eyes darting from left to right thoroughly searching for the slightest glint of gold.He hovered about 50 meters above the ground near the lowest hoop and scanned the pitch for the snitch.He strained his ears to hear the slightes flutter of wings.
The sun was bright so it was harder to search above him.He looked down at where Blake was standing,feeling slightly nerveous.He was just going go to the South hoops when his eyes caught the golden ball,fluttering near the Rawenclaw Stands.He went in full speed towards it,streching out his right hand infront of him.The snitch had realised that it had been seen and was now zooming towards the Slytherin Stands.Andrew was determined not to loose sight of it as it zigzaged up and down.Andrew was just a metre from it whenit went through a hoop and in the opposite direction.
Andrew turned in midair and continued its chase.Because of the snitch's change in direction,Andrew was now nearer to it.It was heading down,and Andrew kept chasing it.He was almost in a vertical position,metres from hitting the ground when he left the broom and leaped up on the snitch.It was now captured in his hands as he sat up in a proper position and picked up his broom.It had really hurt to jump off his broom like that but it was worth it.He went to Blake,a grin widening on lis face,hi hadn holding the little sturggling snitch.

"Small yet a dare devil, sounds just like me," she said smirking. "I'm trying out for the Chaser position. You're the Captain I'm assuming, right? What position do you play?" she asked interested.

"I play Beater, and yes I am the Captain," Blake replied to Isabella.
Blake looked away from Isabella for a moment so that he could see where Andrew soared to in his search for the snitch. Finding the figure out on the pitch, Blake observed the way Andrew flew, right down to his last instinct of leaping after the snitch when he was close. It was a good sign and meant that Andrew was a player who put creativity into his moves, and was just as determined a player as he hoped.
"Great job!" Blake beamed when Andrew returned with the snitch in one hand. "Alright, I will let you know if you get the position. For now, you can leave if you'd like, or stay and sharpen up on your flying. Good performance."
With that Blake addressed Isabella again, "Chaser you said? Alright, I'd like you to fly a lap around the pitch, then I'll be Keeper so you can show me your skills."

Andrew grinned at Blake's reply.He noticed isabella had come for the tryouts for a chaser."goodluck."he wished her with a smile and walked back to the Common room with his Emerald streak.

"A lap around the pitch, got it," Isabella said while gracefully mounting her broom. That was one thing she thought girls had an advantage over in Quidditch, grace. Sometimes it could help in the weirdest situations.
She cleared her mind and gave a powerful kick off. She let a laugh escape as cold air filled her lungs and rushed against her cheeks. Then she leaned her body forward so she could make a circle around the pitch. She made two laps, the second faster than the first just to get used to the feeling of flying again. She felt like doing loop-de-loops but she thought simplicity is often better.
Afterward she hovered in the middle and said "So Captain Blake, are you going to join me up here?" she asked excited.

Jaken walked out onto the pitch. He looked at all the other people trying out. He held his ruby streak in his hand, and was thankful his father had got it for him as a gift. He noticed that he was the oldest on the pitch. He asked, "Uh, who here is the captain?"

Kale swung his beaters bat in the air when Blake told him and the others to take a lap, he mounted his broom and kicked off from the grass of the pitch. With the wind ruffling his hair he flew steadily, he leaned into his broom to increase acceleration and made his way around the hoops and did an obstacle course around the stands weaving in and out of them. Nothing too fancy, he wasn't seeking attention from the others. Once he was finished, Kale hovered next to Isabella and waited for Blakes further instruction. He was looking forward to try outs and hoped he wouldn't mess up too much.

"I'll be up in a second," Blake answered Isabella, passing a quaffle to her when he noticed one of the fifth year transfers named Jaken approach.
"Kale, you're trying out for beater right?" Blake asked, not sure if his position had changed or not. "Well, just grab a bat and unleash those bludgers. How you gain control over them will be your assessment, since I can't really give you a safe opponent to offer up more of a challenge."
Picking up his Emerald Streak from the ground, Blake smiled at Jaken and replied, "That would be me. Once you've done a lap around the pitch, I'll be right with you."
Without waiting for a response, Blake then mounted his broom and kicked off, not nearly as graceful as Isabella however. Positioning himself in front of the nearest set of hoops, Blake then called over to Isabella, "Whenever you're ready!"

Jaken stared at the Quidditch captain, and was rather surprised that he was younger than him. Jaken felt rather nervous about trying out for Quidditch...again. He clinched his broom as he mounted it. He launched himself in the air. He leaned forward and picked up speed around the pitch. His hair blew in his face and it felt good to be flying again. After he finished, he hovered in the air and waited for instructions.

"Aye, Cap'n. Beater is correct.."Kale confirmed with his Irish accent and a nod. He had never played any position other than Beater, it made him nervous thinking about having to switch after four years. Kale touched the ground once more and walked over to the chest, he unlatched the two locks and looked up at the others above him. "Heads up, mates!...or down.." he joked before mounting his broom once more and kicking off the grass. The bludgers were up in the air and barreling through the interior of the pitch within seconds of unlocking the chest. Kale waited momentarily, keeping an eye out for the two bludgers, before the first one went barreling toward Blake and Isabella, he swung his bat with much force and sent the bludger across the pitch. He smirked with satisfaction when he watched the other bludger coming his way, like before he swung back and waited for his next attack.

After a few minutes of showing the bludgers who was boss, Kale managed to get them back into the chest. He returned to Blake and hovered there next to him on his Emerald Streak, "Anything else?" he asked Blake while wiping a beat of sweat off of his forehead.

Zoe sighed as she walked down the great lawn to the quidditch pitch, for the first time in almost two years. When she was at home over the years, she didn't ride either of her brooms, not feeling like she was herself completely.

She had her goggles, gloves and had clipped the ends of both her brooms, though right now she only had her firebolt with her, proimsing herself she would only use her Streak for games.

Carrying the firebolt in her left hand, she entered the quidditch pitch, lacking in the confidence she would normall have, since she hadn't ridden in a long time. She looked around, and it was a bit of a relief to see a friend flying up in the skies as well.

"Who is the captain?" She called out, to nobody in particular.

Makato was upto his neck in homework and had totally forgot about quiditch tryouts. He had grab his broom and his gear and rushed out to the quidditch pitch as fast his feet would carry him. How could he forget the tryouts they were something he had been talking about for weeks. When he arrived he knew that he was already late but at least he was there.

Makato saw that he was not the only one that had just got there, Zoe had just arrived before him. She had already asked the question that he needed to know so he walked up beside her and waited for an answer.

"Hmm..." Blake sounded when he caught sight of two more students arriving for tryouts. "Change of plan Isabella. Perhaps we can pair up so as to get everyone's trial on a move. And Kale, I'd like you to stay so we can have an even number of people. If you're willing to of course."
Blake then flew down to ground and dismounted. Nodding to both Zoe and Makato, Blake then answered, "I'm the Quidditch Captain. Glad you guys could make it. Anyway, what positions are you trying out for?" he asked, directing his question to Jaken, Zoe and Makato.

Jaken hovered and tried to think of the positions he did play. Hew answered Blake, "I'll try out for Keeper. I am experienced in all positions, but I do best in the Beater, however. I assume those positions are taken." Jaken folded his arms while staying steady on his new broom.

Kale nodded at Blake, "Sure, I don't mind at all." he said while gripping his broom, he aimlessly circled Isabella; a first year he wasn't familiar with. He was always willing to stay for extra time if it involved quidditch, that was Kale's favorite past time; there was nothing else he'd rathe be doing.

Kale waited patiently for further instruction from Blake, wondering what he would have him do to help out. Kale spotted a scalp of red hair and saw that his friend Zoe had finally arrived, "Glad you showed up, Weasley!" Kale yelled from up above.

"Okay Jaken, you and Isabella can partner up; she's trying out for chaser. You guys can get started when you're ready."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back