Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Curly 9 Inch Flexible Black Walnut Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Jordie knew he had a busy schedule. He was only taking four classes this semester, but he still had Quidditch three times a week, running twice a day, yoga at noon, band sessions, the brotherhood and the arts club, a lot of studying. He'd taken a few of the younger Hufflepuffs under his wing, and adding that to his nightly rounds he'd voluntarily taken on as prefect, Jordie was worn out. He'd been reviewing Herbology lessons, but the warm sunshine on his skin and the soft breeze in his hair had lulled him to sleep. Before he knew it, Jordie was curled up on the lawn, passed out on in the grass.

Content the greenhouse was free of any lingering OWL students trying to squeeze in some last minute study time with the plants (or, after one memorable moment a few semester ago, trying to feed their notes to the venomous tentatcula), Angel was glad to get a moment out on the lawn. The air in the greenhouse could be stuffy and despite the chill in the air from the encroaching Winter, it was still pleasantly sunny outside.

The lawn itself was spotted with a few students, some from his previous class that he'd let loose into the wild to study and some others as well. Angel wasn't surprised to see a few familiar faces, slowing down and frowning especially when he recognized the prone form of one of his recent fifth years.

Angel hovered for a moment, pondering if he could some how be held responsible before sighing and conjuring up an alarm clock with a flick of his wand, winding it up and watching wanly as it chimed aggressively near Jordan's head. "When I said "look busy" when you left the classroom I didn't mean busy sleeping," he said flatly as the ringing settled down.

Jordie was startled awake by the alarm clock, shooting up. His hair was wild, and he looked around quickly, swallowing hard as he saw the Professor. He gave the man a nervous, exhausted smile. "I'm sorry, sir," He apologized, pushing up on his feet and trying to smooth his hair. "I- I didn't mean to, I swear," He fidgeted nervously.

Angel wasn't particularly a stickler for decorum, he'd been caught napping in his own office more than enough times to not begrudge the students the same, though he did feel a smidge of remorse at the tired expression on Jordan's face. "No harm done, relax," he said, waving a hand dismissively. "Probably more productive to actually sleep. In bed. At night. Like you're supposed to," he offered, raising an eyebrow. "Hope those prefect patrols aren't running you too ragged." Angel himself had had enough late night patrols around the forest edge to last him a life time, the perks of his strangely found seniority letting him weasel his way out of most of those now was not something he took for granted.

Jordie laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. He was just relieved he wasn't in trouble. He looked guilty as Angel mentioned his patrols, swallowing hard. "Uh, no, n-no, I've totally got it under control, we're good," He smiled just a little shakily, reaching up to try and straighten his hair. "Everything is totally under control, I'm fine," He lied, but cleared his throat and straightened up anyway. "I, ah, thank you for waking me up, sir," He offered sheepishly.

Angel raised a dubious eyebrow as Jordan insisted he was fine. Lying was definitely not the kid's forte but Angel wasn't about to push him. And not just because he looked like he was about to fall over if so much as a strong gust of wind came by. "Sure you are," he said simply, "Maybe try to find somewhere a little warmer to collapse next time, would be a shame to tell Professor Carter he needs to pick a new prefect," Angel said lightly. "You've got a leaf in your hair, by the way."

Jordie flushed, stuttering a bit. He grabbed the leaf quickly, throwing it aside. "No, no, please don't tell him," He pleaded, too tired to act more put together. "We already had a prefect lose her badge and another one expelled, I cannot mess this up," He pleaded. He straightened his hair, taking several deep breaths. "I- I got this, I'm getting good grades- I-I have to study more since I'm... slower, but that's okay, I'm going to run the brotherhood, I volunteer at the arts club, I patrol every night, I run twice a day and I do yoga every afternoon, I've taken two Hufflepuffs under my wing, I swear I can do this," He promised, pleading with the Professor to believe him.

Angel was taken aback at the sudden desperation when he’d mentioned Professor Carter, raising his hands placatingly. “Relax, relax, it’s what us professors call a joke, you’re not actually in trouble,” he assured Jordan, looking at the boy with veiled concern. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure you’re fine and it’s none of my business but frankly… That sounds like a nightmare. No wonder you’re passing out on the lawn,” he said, scratching at his stubble thoughtfully. Did this kid make time to eat? “Maybe you should consider downsizing to just one Hufflepuff under your wing,” he offered lightly. He’d been intending on waking Jordan simply so he wouldn’t be blamed if the kid missed any classes later, but now Angel was wondering if maybe he should have a quick word with Professor Carter. Merlin knew he wouldn’t expect his own prefects to do this much, and not just because he suspected Liusaidh would make him pay if he tried.

Jordie swallowed nervously, trying to breath. He knew he was shaking lightly, but he hoped he hid it well enough it wasn't noticed. He shook his head as the Professor suggested he downsized, trying to regain his composure. "No, it- I can handle it," He promised, biting back a yawn. "I have band practice soon, but I can stop in the library, make up for the studying I missed," He offered, thinking this was just about his schoolwork. "This won't affect my grades, I promise I'll do well," He insisted.

Alright alright, you can handle it, very convincing,” Angel said, flapping his hands dismissively in the hopes that Jordan would stop looking like he was going to keel over. “You’ve been doing fine, don’t sweat it, I’d rather you be well rested before you go sticking your hand near any of the plants that can bite, trust me,” he assured him, giving Jordan another concerned once over. “But… If you do head to the library the counselor's office is right there too, just saying. Take it easy, Jordan,” Angel finished, giving Jordan a final wave before checking his own pocket watch, they both probably need to get going soon or they’d be late, Jordan more so than Angel somehow by the sound of it.

Jordie nodded, surprised when the Professor suggested he go to the counsellor. Jordie didn't have time for that, and he certainly didn't need it, either. Right? He shook his head, waving back at the Professor before quickly gathering his things and rushing back to the castle. What time was it? He was sure to be behind on something, he didn't have a nap scheduled in for today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back