Skype Account For The Staff To Message Us All By, Good or Bad?

• Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Don't care

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hetty Riveon

OOC First Name
Domino !x
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Ok I think there should be one account that all staff can use (GM, Admin) to message us by, instead of all separate things.

Whadd ya think?

I am not to sure what you mean by that so I am not to sure on how to vote on this. Could you maybe explain it better?

I meant to comment on this last night when I approved the topic but I was too tired to manage anything. :(

At any rate, I don't think this is a very good idea as I don't see the purpose or benefit in it.
Primarily, staff have their personal Skype accounts that they add people on and want to be on. I don't see why staff would be on a shared account and not their personal account at any time, or why it is important for HNZ to have a "Staff Skype account". There are countless ways to contact staff, and Skype is never ever a requirement.

I wouldn't be willing to take part in this; and I think if you have staff unwilling to take part in a shared account, then it wouldn't work anyway. :p

Nicolas King said:
I meant to comment on this last night when I approved the topic but I was too tired to manage anything. :(

At any rate, I don't think this is a very good idea as I don't see the purpose or benefit in it.
Primarily, staff have their personal Skype accounts that they add people on and want to be on. I don't see why staff would be on a shared account and not their personal account at any time, or why it is important for HNZ to have a "Staff Skype account". There are countless ways to contact staff, and Skype is never ever a requirement.

I wouldn't be willing to take part in this; and I think if you have staff unwilling to take part in a shared account, then it wouldn't work anyway. :p
This.

The Staff already have enough on their backs as it is, this would add on another load on them, which we really don't want. ;)

I really don't see a point to this. It seems to double up on what the PM system is for. It is nice to be able to communicate via IM from time to time, but with a shared account, you might say something to the person that is on at that time, but need to communicate to someone else. I see this being too much work for the staff.

I voted Bad. We have the PM system to message staff; that, in my opinion, is good enough. If I were a staff member, I wouldn't want to be harassed with questions about HNZ when I'm not even on HNZ.

I guess this could be an okay idea but it would be too much hassle to get everyones skype account and at any rate that i what the pm system is for. Adding skype to the matter would just complicate things further and add more work for the site staff

I wouldn't take part really. I am rarely visible on skype because my hands are always full anyway. ;)
PM systems are the way to go when needing to be contacted.

I don't understand the connection between HNZ and Skype.. isn't that a video calling website? (I don't use it so excuse my ignorance.) Why would you want to chat with a staff member when PM is perfectly fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back