Sitting in The Park

Chloe Livingstone

Chloe Livingstone was sitting in Central Park on a bench. She was dressed in cute outfit but then again, she always looked good. It came with the territory. Her magic only made her even better. Chloe really did have the best of both worlds.

The uptown New Yorker had a penthouse appartment on the oppisite side of the park. Even though the weather was turning cold, she was tired of sitting inside with her family. Her mother was in the middle of planning some extravagant party for some charity as was typical. Her mother was a muggle and from the aristocratic part of New York City. Her father was the wizard. He taught Chloe at home so that she could remain a part of her world.

Today though, Chloe had the day off. She had walked across the park. She sighed as she sat on the park bench. It would be nice every now and then to have someone besides her dad to practice magic with.

Despite the long travel he had to encounter the muggel airways weren't so bad as Link had thought. It would of been a lot faster with magic but now and days Link was tired, exhausted from both worlds. He just wanted to be left alone, right before he left Zealand he read the prophet. Wasn't much of a pleasant news rather shocking for even him to say. Kirea was spotted with another fellow that wasn't Alex. Eh he was angry but what more could he do, he just wanted her to his past not his future anymore. His curiosity though brought him to upstate NY. Snob city more like it, but he had the magic to act like these rich snobs. Thank Merlin for that, he was able to get away with a suite at the Hiltons. Couple weeks it be his, but he wasn't sure if his story ends here to decide that now. Strolling around central park something must've pulled him cause were else did he had to go. His leather jacket would sway side to side concealing him from NY autumn weather. "So not like New Zealand" he said with a cold European accent.

Chloe saw a boy, about her age walk past her. He was dressed pleasantly but she hadn't ever seen him. He couldn't be from around here if Chloe didn't know him. She knew everyone who was anyone here in the city. She turned to him as she heard him mutter something about New Zealand. His accent was European. Chloe frowned. "You're not from here are you?" she asked him in her new york accent. "I'm Chloe, Chloe Livingstone." she said extending her hand. Chloe expected him to know who she was. Everybody knew her.

A girl had spoken to Link out of the ordinary. His gaze would fall upon a girl that probably wouldn't have spoked to Link if he wasn't dressed well presented. "No I'm not." he said with a stern facial expression, looking down at her hand. Normally he wouldn't stop to take another look but something about Chloe had pulled to him. "Link Deveraux" he said with a straight face shaking her hand. "I'm from London new to this place. he added.

Chloe pursed her lips. For a minute, she thought that he wasn't going to shake her hand. "Link Deveraux. That's an interesting name." she said, wondering where it could have come from originally. Chloe flashed her white teeth at him as he said he was new to this place. It was nice to see a fresh face. Chloe couldn't help but wonder if he was from English nobility. "Well, I have grown up here." she said, a bit of pride in her voice. "I can show you all the best places if your going to be around for a while." she offered. He was a handsome boy and Chloe would be dumb if she didn't flirt with him.

Link knew it was wrong to use his old care taker names like that but it didn't matter. Zion was in London and Link was in a new place, new experience."Yeah sure I'd like that seeing I may purchase a few suites to host a few important gathering..." he explain as he trail off looking around the tall buildings of New York. "Maybe you could help me out by showing me around." he says in flirtatious manner. Girls tend to fall for his boyish looks, something that Link couldn't stand but he used it as a disadvantage.

Chloe winked at the boy as he told her his intentions. "Well it just so happens my dad owns all the three best hotels in the city." she told him. The hotels were how her family made their millions. Chloe looked the boy over. Other than being handsome, she didn't think he was anything special. "What kind of important gatherings?" she asked. He didn't look any older than her. What gatherings could he be having?

"Its not that important really just business parties that I have to attend to my father sent me this way. He wants me to take over the family business back in London." Link said in a serious note. Lies, lies, and more lies but a good way to start out maybe he could just throw in he was the duke of justice. Curling up his fingers into a fist there was a very valuable ring on his pinky finger, sort of what resembles a duke would wear. Link wasn't sure if she fall for that but he was playing cool with no bothers even if he did fail he didn't have to worry about explaing to anyone did he.

Chloe looked skeptically at the boy. She didn't buy his story. She put her hands on her thin hips. "Why would your dad send you all the way to New York by yourself?" she asked him. Chloe was believing him less and less. She wasn't even allowed to do that though her parents let her do whatever she wanted. Chloe even had her magic to protect her. She could feel her wand in her pocket, it was soothing and comforting. This boy had nothing to protect him. "Why did you really come here?" she asked, wanting a truthful answer.

Link felt his brow frown shaking his head as he let out a laugh. "I'm of age how would you know how old I am unless your some kind of pyshic?" what was this girl problem was he really suppose to answer to this really. Ah, no he felt himself shrug as he begin to walk away. He was suppose to go somewhere else anyways, some sort of networking he was able to before he left Zealand.

Chloe did not take well to rude behavior. She was used to getting her way. He started to walk away. Chloe frowned and jumped up. She walked at his pace to keep up with him. "I didn't say anything about your age, though you can't be much older than me and I'm seventeen." she said, looking at him. He could be a bit older than her but she highly doubted it. Chloe was amused as he called her psychic. She wasn't that but she was magical.

Oh she was that type, always getting her way. Perfect he was stuck with a mental case. "Well that's good for you, I'm 18 of age isn't that the American age?" he stayed obviously. He felt his hands ball into a fist right inside his leather pocket. So what if he was bluffing what did it matter to her. Was she anything avalue to him? No, he didn't think so. Oh but she sure was interest in him, so shall he play with her? Yes. "Are you going to show me around or not, I was suppose meet this lad but I'm willing to cancel if your willing to showcase. he say his mood changing back to flirtatious again.

Chloe pursed her lips. What was his deal? "Yes. That is the legal adult age." she said forgetting that she technically wasn't of age in the muggle world. Not that it mattered. Being one of New York's elite tended to get her age overlooked. Chloe flipped her dark hair over her shoulder. "You're the one that walked away." she retorted to his question. She had a fiery temper that tended to flare up easily. "I can show you around if your interested." she said as if it didn't make a difference to her. Chloe had a feeling this game was going to get interesting fast.

"Little advice than you shouldn't be asking question to people that you don't know than." Link said with a slight smirk, reaching inside his pocket he grabbed for his cell phone. Making a quick call he quickly told the person he was meeting to cancel his invitation. Once he was done he slipped his muggel cell phone back into his pocket as he looked back at Chloe. "Sha'll we go than?".

Chloe raised her eyebrows at Link as he said that she shouldn't ask questions of people she didn't know. She smirked at him. "I can do whatever I please. I don't think you know who you are dealing with." she retorted back to him. Chloe was more than capable than handling herself around strangers. She watched curiously as he took out a cell phone and made a call. Chloe didn't think that she could trust this boy. As he turned back to her, she put a dazzling smile on face. "Yes. Where would you like to go first?" she wondered.

So that's how she likes to play. Link wondred who was scoring the most point, at the moment she look and felt like she had the upper hand. Link couldn't resist this girl had a lot more spunk than he thought, to bad she's muggel so he would think. "I don't know why don't you show me these hotels your father own or run if he has any?" he would mock testing the waters of Ms. Livingstone. He gesture for her to proceed forward, keeping his gaze on Ms. Chloe.

Chloe finally let a real smile cross her face. It was a breath taking smile. She looked at him. He was interesting when he wasn't being rude. She smirked at him. "I assure you, he owns them. Follow me." she said turning to stride in the oppisite direction. She walked with unmatched confidence. The world belonged to this girl, or at least she acted like it did. She walked tall and proud. It was only a few blocks to her father's hotel. Chloe often came here for a drink. The hotel mangers were under strict instructions to give her whatever she requested. Chloe nodded at the doorman as he opened the door for her. She walked towards the bar. "Would you like a drink?" she asked him.

Link walked with perfect stride matching the same pace Chloe was heading. If you were tourist around town or one of those people that like to be nosey and gawk at people you would think Ms. Chloe here had a new boy toy. They seem like they perfect couple, these two strangers but Link interest wasn’t to play the part of Romeo. No he wanted to know what she was capable and her status in the big city. As they reach the hotel entering the crystalline glass doors, Link grey optics would look around impressed with muggels architect taste. ”Sure anything on the rocks would do”. bluntly as he speak taking a seat at the bar stool. He knew they wouldn’t have firewhisky so what was the point of asking for that.

Chloe watched as Link sat down on a bar stool. She didn't typically sit out here at the bar. Chloe had a private table that was always open just for her. She smiled, it wouldn't hurt to try something new. "One moment." she said to him before walking away. She paused at the bar to order him a drink. The bartender would give it to him. Chloe wasn't in the mood for regular drinks. Her favorite was kept hidden in a seperate room.

Chloe made her way to her Dad's private office. It wasn't used much but only she and her father could get into it. Chloe pressed her palm on the wall. Magic scanned her hand, recognizing her. Chloe entered the room, grabbing out a firewhiskey. She poured it in a different glass so that it wouldn't be noticed, unless you had seen it before. Chloe left the room, sealing it behind her. She walked back to where Link was sitting. Chloe sat next to him. "Sorry about that. Father keeps my favorite drinks in his office." she told the handsome stranger.

Link watched as Chloe left, the bar tender pouring a sweet cask and cream with two cubs on ice in a lucid glass. He took a sip of it, not bad for a muggel drink as he continue to sip more of it feeling his inside burn a little. Chloe came back within seconds sitting right next to to Link, he felt his eyes settle upon the glass she brought out couldn't help but notice the familiar liquid. "Its alright I suppose." he would say still eyeing the glass, only to glance back at Chloe. "Do you have somewhere private were we could talk?" his hand would would gasp the cup again taking another sip of his muggel beverage.

Chloe narrowed her eyes at Link as he asked for somewhere private. She didn't know what he was getting at but she nodded. "Of course. She would take him back to her dad's study. That was private enough for now. Chloe didn't feel comfortable taking him to the room upstairs yet. "Of course I do." she said in her haughty manner. She stood up and motioned for him to follow her. Chloe led him down a long hallway. She paused to scan her palm before leading him inside the room. "What would you like to talk about that is so private?" she asked, taking another sip of her firewhiskey.

Link got up and follow Chloe to a back room. He was expecting more of a lounging area but a back office would do as he slip right after her the doors closing behind them. Facing Chloe now, his hands would slide to grab for one of hers as he lead them towards his lips pressing gently against the surface of his smooth lips. "Firewhisky.... he noted. "Would you care to explain? his voice smooth and cold his European accent swaying as he speaks.

Chloe was surprised when she turned around. She found herself face to face with Link. He reached for one of her hands. Link pressed her soft delicate hand to his lips. Chloe smirked at him as he asked her question. "I assure you I have no clue what you are talking about." she lied smoothly. Let him be the first to talk to her. Chloe didn't owe him anything. She reached up to his face. Her fingertips trailed along his jawline. "Would you like to explain?" she said, playing his game right back. Her blue eyes sparkled like diamonds. Chloe was almost positive this boy in front of her was a wizard.

"Ladies first isn't that what gentleman like myself suppose to say." he spoke smoothly letting go of her hand, watching as her finger trail along his facial expression. Link knew what she was aiming for but there was no hiding from Chloe eyes. They told him everything, he was good at reading the truth from a person by their look of the eyes. It was like peeking into their very soul without much effort. You can guess what they want, what they long for, but when he look in the mirror was it the same for him. He didn't think so, his grey optics just held secret and lies.

Chloe smirked. He was good at this game but Chloe would be better. Amusement danced across her face. "That is what a gentleman would say," she said, her blue eyes staring into his grey eyes. "You sir, are no gentleman." she said, knowing it was true. He knew things, dark things. She leaned in and kissed him on the cheek before dancing out of his reach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back