Sitting By A Willow Tree

Sern Summers

OOC First Name
Michael / Jesse
Wand
Knotted 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy English Oak Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Sern made his way stealthily as a cat through the gardens, taking a moment to flush thought from his mind, He just wasn't used to so many people and so much noise. once his mind was clear and peaceful he took a look at his surroundings, Stormy eyes watching out over them. At last he spotted
A willow tree not to far ahead, Ah that shall do nicely, he murmured and went to take a seat by it. Once he'd set himself down he thought about the school and realized he knew basically no one. He wasn't exactly surprised by this, his brother was the social one, but still. He sent out a sketch pad and started sketching, first briefly, then in more detail.

Once he'd finished some sketches he put down his pad and looked out over the garden once more.
He tilted his head to the side abit to part his jet black hair that hung over his eyes. looking at the other people walking by and talking. He sat and watched the goings on....as usual.

Aeon was following his brother into the gardens due to boredom, there wasn't much to do and Kida was nowhere to be found. He watched his brother sit down near a willow tree and scampered around the other side to hide. He slowly climbed the tree and sat on the lowest branch, just above Sern. He picked some leaves from the branches and dropped them onto Sern before quickly sliding to the other side of the Willow.

Sern was watching the gardens when leaves fell on his head, shoulders and sketchings. He looked up but saw no one there. He let out a sigh, his eyes returning to view the gardens.

Aeon moved back around to his original branch, took in a deep unheard breath and swung down, His head directly infront of Sern.
"Hi Hi!" He said with a grin

"And what would you be doing here"? Sern asked still watching out over the world

"Isn't it obvious? I'm here to annoy YOU!" Aeon replied, sticking out his tongue and feeling the blood rush to his head and his grip on the tree tightened so he wouldn't fall.

Sern looked around for an excuse to leave or for one of his brothers friends to come over but just couldn't see anyone, With a heaving sigh he looked at his brother, "Cant you find something else to do?" he said in his usual quiet but strong voice.

Wednesday was officially bored out of her mind. Making her dorm fit the description of Wednesday-ness could only contain her attention for so long. Two weeks, or at least about two weeks, seemed long enough.

Deciding to go out and enjoy the garden instead, Wednesday walked out of the big castle the wind blowing softly. Messing up her hair just for the fun of it as she walked out her outfit today was a Hufflepuff uniform with enough accessories for ten girls. Seeing a Willow tree in a distance, she noticed as well two boys. Smiling brightly at the thought of socialization, Wednesday skipped over to the two. "Heya Loves" She said brightly

"Mind some company?" She asked.

Abby sat down in the gardens, nose buried in a book. She saw two boys, one seemed rather loud. Are boys always this immature? she wondered. At home she hadn't talked to many children, so she didn't know. All her life she had been in her small castle, getting everything she wanted. Now she was thrust out into the open, people everywhere! She liked all the people, but didn't know how to relate to them. She looked curiously over at the two boys, her black hair falling over her shoulders. Her pale pink dress had a small grass stain on it, the first time Abby's clothes had gotten dirty. She sighed, and looked around at the flowers, not wanting to disturb the two, or read any more. She watched as a girl walked over to them, smiling vacently, and she watched the flower petals blow in the wind.

Sern looked over to the new arival with the slightest of a smile and said in his usual tone, "Company is most welcome if you can put up with the beetroot there", he glanced sidelong at his red faced brother. He also noticed a girl looking from afar but turned her attention back to the closer one.
"And what would your name be?" he asked in a more warmish tone.

Wednesday let out a small laugh "Trust me I can put up with mostly everyone" She said truthfully. She was easy going enough. Walking over and taking a sit crossing her legs and leaning up against the tree a bit. Peaceful Was Wednesday's first thought.

"I'm Wednesday" Wednesday said smiling as she introduced herself. Actually Wednesday rarely did not have a smile on her face. "And who are you?" She asked casually as she glanced at the girl not too far away wondering if she would be joining them as well.

Sern looked at Wednesday for a silent moment, Stormy eyes looking her over with a thoughtful look on his face before replying, "I am Sern....And this...is my brother Aeon" he glanced sidelong as his beetroot of a brother before returning his sight to Wednesday. He picked up his sketch pad and began to start sketching again it didn't look like much to start off with but as he did more detail it was a snow tiger in a forest of white

Abby saw the people looking at her, and she looked down. Her midnight hair hid her face, and most of her body. "Hair too long." she muttered, she hadn't been allowed to cut it, ever. Everyone else had short hair, which she found odd indeed. She wanted to walk over to them, but couldn't find the courage. Abby sat in the gardens, silent and still. She would talk later, perhaps.

Wednesday wondered why the boy was looking at her almost as if he was thinking about something. Ignoring the fact, Wednesday waited for an introduction. Finally once she learned the boy's name she felt like the conversation was more relaxed or at least she hoped it would be. "Hey Sern" She said brightly "Odd name though" She added not meaning anything mean by it. "But I guess I'm not one to talk about odd names" Wednesday added with a small laugh. She had heard quite a bit that Wednesday was an odd name. An odd name for an odd Hufflepuff.

As Sern began to sketch, Wednesday leaned over a bit to see what he was drawing. She was never a big one for personal space. "You draw?" She asked leaning back to her original spot. "I'd be lucky to be able to draw a decent stick person" She joked.

"Its a Celtic name" he said softly before looking at his sketch then continued, "Originally spelt Cern but then people don't use the C as an S so I changed it.." He look over from his sketch to her again.
"Wednesday hm?" his voice as usual just over a mummer but seemed to be able to travel as through he were speaking normally. "oh yes I draw...well sketch" he looked down at his work and shut the book somewhat embarrassed but none of his emotion came across his face .
He watched her with a blank face as he waited for some response.

Wednesday smiled as Sern explained his name. She guessed it hadn't taken it the wrong way. That was the last thing she really wanted. Though it happened quite a bit. With a girl that always spoke her mind like Wednesday, it happened that she offended plenty of people.

"Well I bet your good at sketching" Wednesday said laughing a small bit at the sound of the word 'sketching. Covering her mouth for a moment to deafen the laugh. "Sorry sketch just sounds like such a silly word" She explained hoping he realized she wasn't laughing at him.

As he shut the book, Wednesday shrugged. Some people just weren't as open as others. "So how does it feel to have your brother at hogwarts with you?" Wednesday asked wishing she had a sibling.

"I spose it does sound abit silly" he said with a slight chuckle, the first time he'd ever laughed at the school and perhaps before he started. He then looked at his sketch pad and then to her. After a moments thought he picked it up and handed it over to her, "you can take a look if you want" he murmured.
"And as for having a brother at school....", He glanced sidelong again at his brother, "It has its ups and downs...." he finished with the slightest of smiles.

Smiling brightly as Sern let out a small laugh. As well as she was glad that she didnt' sound completely insane by finding a simple word such as sketching silly. Yet she was a bit taken back when he gave her his sketch pad. "You don't have to let me if you don't want to" Wednesday said taking the sketch pad. Opening the front page and starting to leaf through the book.

"Well at least you have siblings" Wednesday said smiling as she glanced back to Sern's brother. How Wednesday wanted a sister or even a brother. Running her hand through her hair again, messing it up just the slightest bit. "So what house are you in?" Wednesday asked not that it mattered it was just conversation.

"Gryffindor... along with my brother", he took a moments pause, "And you?" he asked politely.
He looked at her thoughtfully again and wondered what made her so happy all the time.
He then murmured "If I didn't want you to look at it... I wouldn't have handed it to you.."
He glanced over to the girl with the long hair for a moment before his gaze fixed upon Wednesday again.

"Oh the brave Gryffindor" Wednesday said her tone teasing. Though she had met very few Gryffindors. Not that houses mattered too much to her anyway. After all one of her best friends was in Slytherin. "I'm in Hufflepuff" She said hoping that Sern wasn't one that cared to much about houses. Wednesday had heard that people consider Hufflepuff the bottom of the list though she didn't know why.

Nodding as Sern made her feel better about looking through his sketch book. For a moment Wednesday wondered if a sketch book to him was like her poem boom book that she always wrote in. If so she felt quite happy that she was trusted enough to take a look.

Still flipping through the pages she couldn't help but stop at a few pictures to take a closer look. "You are rather good" Wednesday looking up a Sern then back down at the book. "Have you taken lessons for sketching I mean?" Wednesday asked.

He noticed how she seemed to hope he wasnt bothered with her being in as many think "the lowest house". He took a moment to look at her before, "Houses matter little, a hat cant tell who you are an who you shall be for you make those decisions" he spoke quietly but strongly.

"And I took no lessons" he murmured as she looked at her work, "I draw what I have seen, what I see...What I want to see that's all.." He was still slightly embarrassed and not used to complements.
But as before he hid his emotions behind is emotionless mask.

When Sern said that houses mattered little, Wednesday's smile grew, if that was even possible. "Glad you feel that way" Wednesday said brightly "Because I quite like your company. I'm glad you aren't one of those Hufflepuff haters" She said as she flipped through the book enjoying the sketches greatly.

"Seriously no lessons. Natural talent then" She said wondering what he had seen and waht he wanted to see. Wednesday could think of a few things that she would like to see that would make beautiful pictures; a sunset, a beach, a palm tree, a cow. Silly things like that.

Though as she glanced over at Sern out of the corner of her eye wondering why she hadn't seen him around. "Do you spend a lot of time outdoors?" She asked feeling odd that she was asking all the questions. She hoped that Sern didn't mind.

Red finally tinged his cheeks as she complemented him again, and he try'd to look away slightly.
He looked around but his gaze returned to her.

To his surprise he was quite enjoying her company to and even her questions
and to the last he replied, "Yes I like to be with the animals and trees and the quiet" he looked out over to the castle, "to me the castle seems cold and crowded..." then his gaze fell upon her face again as he watched her.

Wednesday noticed Sern's cheek grow red. Maybe she had embarrassed him. Hopefully not, she hadn't tried to. Smiling as she still looked over the book thinking about how she wished she could draw. Maybe she would take lessons over the summer. Summer is thankfully so far away Wednesday thought happily though. She didn't want to go home. As much as she stood out here, she stood out one hundred times more at home.

Listening as Sern explained how he liked the outdoors, she could seriously hug him. Wednesday could tell they were going to be great friends, if Sern wanted to be of coarse.

"I love the outdoors. I used to go camping all the time." Wednesday said thinking about the camping trips she would take with her friends. Though really she was the only one that liked them. All her old friends were girly girls, totally not like Wednesday.

Though Wednesday couldn't help but feel like Sern was watching her. She wondered if there was something wrong with her at first. Running her hand through her hair again, she looked out at the castle. "At first I thought it was a castle from a fairy tale" She said letting out a small laugh as her cheeks turned slightly pink not knowing what made her admit that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back