OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 11 1/2 Inch Flexible Pine Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Kairi had decided to try and branch out a bit, maybe make some more friends. She had Daiki, of course, and nothing could change that, but she was hoping they could make a nice group they could rely on. If she got on well with them, maybe they could all hang out together. Feeling optimistic, Kairi walked down to breakfast. She looked around the hall before taking a seat at the Slytherin table. She smiled shyly at the girl across from her. "Hello," She greeted. "I'm Kairi. What's your name?"

Sybil was still getting used to things. Everything was new and it took a lot of time and effort for her to get used to life at Hogwarts. She sat alone at the Slytherin table and she couldn't help but look around to see if any of her housemates might join her. But she was fine, she was doing just fine as she took a sip of juice and fiddled with her food. So when someone from Hufflepuff sat down across from her she was a little surprised. She leaned back a bit and sat up straight. "Hello." she replied. "My name is Sybil. Nice to meet you Kairi." she said probably sounding more formal than she needed to be but she couldn't help it.

Kairi smiled, pleased to learn the girls name and happy that the girl was seemingly willing to talk with her. She couldn't tame her smile though. "Sybil? That is such a pretty name," She gushed a little, leaning in. "It's so nice to meet you. Let's be friends," She declared immediately, holding out her hand to shake. She was a little excitable, sure, but she couldn't help it.

Sybil smiled a little hesitantly as Kairi complimented her name. She didn't always get compliments on it. She liked her name. It was unique and sounded serious in a way she wanted to grow into, even if it did sound a little old fashioned. "Thanks." she said, feeling a little shy. But as the other girl continued her smile only grew. A friend? She almost felt like bursting at the thought. "Yes!" she said, maybe a little too quickly. "I would love that. You're in Hufflepuff right?" she asked, judging but her robes. "How exciting. What's your common room like? I've been so curious about what they all might look like?" she asked a bit wistfully. It was a shame they were relegated to only their own houses.

Kairi giggled, holding out her hand with her fist closed and pinky raised. "We're friends then," She declared. "Pinky promise." She held her pinky promises sacred. "I am in hufflepuff," She agreed, nodding. "The common room is really nice and cozy, with lots of books and pillows," She tried to describe. "What about yours? Whats the Slytherin common room like?" She asked, curious.

Sybil's eyes widened when Kairi offered her pinky. She knew what it meant even if she had never really had a friend to swear anything too, but she took this oath seriously as she raised her own hand and locked their fingers together. Maybe this kind of promise was a little hasty but Sybil had a good feeling about it, and it wasn't like she was in the position to turn down anyone who wanted to spend time together. "Friends." she repeated seriously before breaking into a smile. She listened eagerly as the other girl explained what the Hufflepuff house was like. She was a little jealous. It did sound nice. Sybil chewed on her lip trying to think about how she wanted to explain it. "It's nice." she said with a shrug. "It's a little dark and serious. But there are plenty of couches and chairs that are quiet comfy, and it's usually pretty quiet which has been nice when I'm trying to read." she explained.

Kairi smiled brightly, loving how easily they'd been friends. When Sybil had finished speaking, Kairi stood. "One second," She offered, before making the long trip around the table so she could sit by Sybil instead, smiling as she took the seat. "There, that's better," She giggled, looking to her new friend. "So! You like to read too?" She asked. "What kind of books?" She inquired. Kairi loved reading, and spent at least one afternoon in the library a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back