Site-wide plots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Black

OOC First Name
Emilie
I've been on my fair share of RP sites (and found the one I'm happy with ^^) ) and they all had site-wide plots like Death Eaters invading the castle, breakfast, and in lessons where you can not only just do the work but RP with people to.

I'm just thinking maybe we could do something like that? I've seen them on 3 other sites, and it seems like a good idea to me!

~Emilie ^^

Hi there,

I'll address your ideas in the order they appeared.
[ol][li]"Site Wide Plots" (in the large actually site-wide sense)
These have been done. Huge ones. Ones where Death Eaters do invade the school. Two Tri-Wizard Tournaments. Ministry of Magic elections etc. etc.. People just don't care or get involved, generally, if their character isn't at the centre of the action (and sometimes even those people are too busy to keep the plot moving at any realistic pace.
There's also the simple fact that the school can only be invaded by Death Eaters a very limited amount of times before it just becomes nonsensical stupidity. What I mean by this is, if HNZ is supposed to be the main school for wizarding students of New Zealand - the whole youth of the nation's wizarding community - it'd better be safe. If it isn't, then it gets closed, right? Why would they keep it open? It'd be time to try something new. HNZ would be found completely incompetent. It needs to stay realistic.

As such, I have vowed to not organize site-wide plots ever again (or for a very long long time). Because, as much as people demand them, they don't do them. Other people can submit ideas for plot approval, and even if they're huge we may let them run them, but I won't.
For more information, see the latter half of this blog post.

As an aside, there are currently two Death Eater professors at HNZ and a professor recruited by the Aurors to weed out the Death Eater professors. Smells like a giant plot a lot of people could be doing a lot of things with to me.</LI>
[li]Breakfast
I'm not sure what you mean by this.
However, there are events (but bigger than just "breakfast") which are at a set time and in a set forum and people can interact with each other on that topic as much as they want. (Examples include the Halloween Feast, the Yule Ball, the Wheelbarrow Race, End of the Year feast, etc. )
<LI>[li]Interactive Lessons
These happen sometimes for special occasions, and have been attempted more extensively. Professors have been offered the chance to change their course in to a more interactive setup and all of them declined for a variety of reasons. We're not going to force it on anybody, or offer it as an option again for a little while (it's also not fair to change how a course is run every two weeks if a new professor comes in and has a whim to try something new, it should be controlled in how things change).[/li][/ol]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back