Who is Siobhan?
<SIZE size="150">

- Full Name: Siobhan Dymphna McGowan
- Birth Date: May 2, 2012
- Current Age: Ten
- Blood Status: Mixed Blood
- Hometown: Dublin, Ireland
Basic Appearance and Personality:

Siobhan is pretty short and fit, playing quidditch (it's a family hobbie) a lot. She has long red hair that reaches mid-way down her back in waves. Her natural eye color is blue, but sometimes to change to a deep shade of green when she is exceptionally happy. Siobhan has a lot freckles, being out in the sun a lot. She's a very sporty person, not so much an academically active person. Even though Siobhan is active and a sports lover, she's not a very competitive person, except when it comes to joking around. That's when she'll play as a competitive person. Most of the time, Siobhan is fun loving and needs people around her. She's very popular
Family:
- Parents:
Kathleen McGowan and Doran McGowan married October 6, 2011, after they found out, unexpectedly, that they were pregnant with Siobhan. They are both pure Irish, so they decided to stay close to family and live in Dublin.

Kathleen Worth McGowan was born in 1992. Siobhan gets her love of quidditch from her mother, who had played with other local magical people since she was young. This influence came from attending her first Quidditch World Cup in 1994. Kathleen is a pure-blooded witch and stays at home with the younger children.

Doran McGowan was born in 1990. He is a half blooded wizard who works as a Hit Wizard. He is a burly looking man but is very friendly and caring when it comes to his family and friends.

- Siblings, if any:
Flurry McGowan is Siobhan's seven year old little brother. His twin sister is Finola McGowan.
Finola McGowan is Siobhan's seven year old little sister. Her twin brother is Flurry McGowan.

- Pets, if any: No pets.
- Area of Residence: Dublin, Ireland.

(If your character is a sorted student:)
- Hogwarts House (And why): Haven't decided completely yet, but leaning toward Hufflepuff or Gryffindor.
- Best school subjects (And why): Most likely, it would flying. But academically, the best would be Charms because her father has taught her some simple spells and enchantments, even though her mother disapproves.
- Worst school subjects (And why): Her worst would be History of Magic, because she hates studying and memorizing things.

(all characters:)
- What would their Patronus be? A Patronus.
- What would their Boggart be? a chicken.
- What would their Animagus form be? (If they ever were to become one) A golden labrodor.
- What would your character see if he/she looked in the Mirror of Erised? Being on a famous Quidditch team, holding the world cup with her family standing beside her.
- What memory could they use to create a Patronus? When she found out she was going to have siblings?

- Imagine that your character keeps a diary or journal. Write a page that could possibly be found in it:

A Thiarna Dhia! (Goodness Gracious!) I can't believe that I received a letter to attend a wizarding school in New Zealand. I thought for sure it would of been Ireland, my home land, but I think it'll be intersting to get to know new people.

Anyway, Daid (Dad) taught me how to use his wand and perform a stunning charm the other day. I'm not the best at it, as it doesn't work right with his wand anyway, but it's fun to try. I love magic.

Hey there. :D I'll try to help you out a bit here. ^_^

Siobhan Dymphna McGowan - That's quite an interesting name. What does your character think of her name? Is there some sort of story behind how/why her parents chose it for her?
Why is Siobhan attending school so very far from home?
How much does Siobhan know about the muggle world?
What other sports does Siobhan enjoy (other than Quidditch)?
What are five adjectives that best describe Siobhan's mother - Kathleen?
What are five adjectives that best describe Siobhan's father - Doran?
What did Kathleen's family think of their daughter marrying a halfblood? Was there any animosity there?
What is Siobhan's favourite thing about her mother? About her father?
What does Siobhan think of her father's occupation?
What is Siobhan's relationship with her siblings like?
What are three personality traits for each of her siblings?
Does Siobhan wish she had pets?

Ensure you have read this documentation about spells by year (Siobhan's father can't have taught her too much magic ;) ).
I don't think that quite answers the question. ;) Could you put a bit of thought to it and try again? :D
Why would Siobhan's boggart be a chicken? Is there any reasoning behind her fear of chickens or is it entirely irrational?
Why would Siobhan's animagus form be a golden labrador?
Does Siobhan speak Gaelic as well? If she does: how/why did she learn it?
Does Siobhan have a birth mark? Where?
What is Siobhan's favourite food?
Can Siobhan dance (well)? Can she sing (again, well)?
What is Siobhan's greatest flaw/shortcoming?

That's it for now. :D

Thanks, Nicolas. You've given me a lot to do :D

Siobhan Dymphna McGowan- That's quite an interesting name. What does your character think of her name? Is there some sort of story behind how/why her parents chose it for her?

She likes her name. Dympha comes from Damhnait, which means "little fawn". This was given to her because she was born eight weeks prematurely and was very tiny when she was born, therefore. Other than that, her parents just liked the name Siobhan. (So do I :D )

Why is Siobhan attending school so very far from home?

Her parents thought it would be better for her to get out of the country. She is very Irish cultularized (is that a word....), and they thought she needed a 'rude' awakening, but Siobhan is actually excited.

How much does Siobhan know about the muggle world?

Some things. She was home-schooled by her mother after her first show of magic at school when she burst a window in pieces because the little kids wouldn't play with her... but she does occasionally go to the grocery store and go to muggle recreational activites.

What other sports does Siobhan enjoy (other than Quidditch)?

She likes any kind of action sport, which includes American football, football (soccer), softball and baseball, bowling, swimming, etc.

What are five adjectives that best describe Siobhan's mother - Kathleen?

Hard-working, kind, very intelligent, handy, giving.

What are five adjectives that best describe Siobhan's father - Doran?

Mischievious, hard-working, comical, kind, stubborn

What did Kathleen's family think of their daughter marrying a halfblood? Was there any animosity there?

Nope. Kathleen's family would be those considered "Blood Traitors" in Death Eater terms.

What is Siobhan's favourite thing about her mother? About her father?

She likes that her father is very funny and likes to have fun. Siobhan loves her mother's hardworking skills, but wishes she'd have more time for fun. Being a young mother didn't help that.

What does Siobhan think of her father's occupation?

She thinks it's a pretty brave and corageous job, and she's glad her father is out there trying to stop the bad guys.

What is Siobhan's relationship with her siblings like?

Pretty much like any normal relationship: She loves them, but they do get on her nerves, being 3 years younger than her. She closer to her sister because she likes having someone to look up to her on.

What are three personality traits for each of her siblings?

Flurry: Obnoxious, intelligent, lazy

Finola: Curious, hyper, shy

Does Siobhan wish she had pets?

Not really. She's too active that she's afraid they wouldn't get enough attention.
Ensure you have read this documentation about spells by year (Siobhan's father can't have taught her too much magic )

I know, and I have. He attempts to teach her incantations. The problems include that she doesn't have her own wand, and her father's not fulling teaching her spells that way she doesn't go around hexing other students. ;)

I don't think that quite answers the question. ;) Could you put a bit of thought to it and try again? :D

I don't understand why I put that, haha. I was sort of sleepy. Her Patronus would be a badger.

Why would Siobhan's boggart be a chicken? Is there any reasoning behind her fear of chickens or is it entirely irrational?

Haha, she was attacked by a pet chicken they had when she was 4.

Why would Siobhan's animagus form be a golden labrador?

She's a very friendly person and bright (hence the golden part..). Kind, but protective when needed.

Does Siobhan speak Gaelic as well? If she does: how/why did she learn it?

She does speak Gaelic. It is actually her first language, but her mother started teaching her English as soon as she started school.

Does Siobhan have a birth mark? Where?

She has a scar looking birth mark on her hand over her thumb and the back of her hand.

What is Siobhan's favourite food?

She really loves Japenese food, her favorite being sashimi.

Can Siobhan dance (well)? Can she sing (again, well)?

She's not very artistic. She likes to sing randomly with her friends, but it's not the best singing. Dancing is only something she does socially.

What is Siobhan's greatest flaw/shortcoming?

Sometimes she can be too full of herself. She's used to having her siblings following her around and her Quidditch friends. So, she might learn to be more..average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back