OOC First Name
Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Unyielding Hazel Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Delilah had always liked to have time to herself and since being back at school she had found it nearly impossible to find any peace and quiet. So she decided to go on a walk and ended up at the lake. Somehow it was nearly empty despite it being quite a nice day. She picked up a smooth flat rock on the shore and threw it into the lake, watching it skip a few times before sinking.

Leia was doing a bit of reading by the lakefront, which was interrupted by the sound of a stone hitting the water. She glanced round, noting a young first year, "Do you have to do that right here?"

Delilah started when she heard someone speak. It was an older girl she hadn't seen before. "Oh! I'm sorry." she said quickly. "I can move farther away if you'd like?" she suggested. "What are you reading?" she asked, noticing the book in her hands.

Leia was surprised when the girl actually apologised. But shrugged, "If you insist on throwing the rocks then yes please," she looked at the book and held it up, "A guide to magical plants of New Zealand and Oceana," she said.

"I'm not throwing rocks." Delilah said with a surprising amount of annoyance in her voice. Nervously she tucked her hair behind her ears. "I'm skipping them. It actually takes some skill." she explain, still unsure why she felt quite so offended. "That sounds....comprehensive." she said. "Is it any good?" she asked before defiantly before skipping another rock. It made it at least four hops before sinking into the water.

"Sure," came the response to this girl assuring her that skipping stones was any different from throwing them. "Not really, but more interesting than throwing rocks into the water,"

Delilah fought the urge to roll her eyes. Instead she remained perfectly pleasant. "Well...have you ever tried?" she asked skeptically, as she picked up a few more flat round stones.

"Yeah, when I was like six," she replied rolling her eyes slightly, "It's childish,"

Delilah scrunched her nose at the other girl's response. "I guess. But I am a child so I guess it suits me." she said. She wasn't sure why she was so annoyed at this girl acting so superior. "What's your name anyways?"

Leia didn't think she would want to call herself a child, not even as a first year. "Leia," she opted to ignore the former statemenet in favour for the question "What's yours?"

"Delilah." she said simply before throwing out another stone. This one didn't go very far, barely making a single hope before splashing below the surface. She frowned, making sure to look away from the Leia as Delilah felt embarrassment heat up her cheeks.

Leia nodded at the name, and watched as the girl threw another stone. Unable to hold back the light laugh at the girl's failure. "That didn't really skip did it,"

Delilah tensed up as the water continued to ripple and the girl laughed. "No." she said, pointedly refusing to turn around and look at her. She wanted to defend herself and complain that it wasn't as easy at it looks, but that would seem too much like admitting defeat and she was not going to do that.

Leia noted that the girl didn't look at her as she replied, Leia felt a little bad for laughing, but not perhaps enough. "Try again, maybe you'll have more luck," Leia tried to be encouraging, but she wasn't sure she managed it.

Last edited:
Delilah bit her lip and tried not to let the other girl's words or negativity get to her. She took a deep breath before tossing the next stone. But of course the universe was not on her side as the stone made an even bigger and less graceful splash then the last one. "Well...I've not been known to be particularly lucky." she said quietly after a beat and sighed heavily.

Leia watched as the girl tried again, this time managing even less. "Do you need me to not be watching or something?" Leia asked. Perhaps if she was looking away the girl would have less issues.

“Maybe.” Delilah said under her breath, growing agitated. “I was doing just fine before you started bothering me!” she said hotly as she finally turned around to face the girl again. Her anger faded quickly and was quickly replaced with embarrassment. “Sorry.” she mumbled, not looking Leia in the eyes.

Leia couldn't help the little look of surprise as the young girl snapped at her. She warched her for a moment and the girl seemed embarrassed and then apologised. "Don't apologise," she told the girl, "I'll cover my eyes and we'll see if that helps, if not, then you just can't do it as well as you thought," she covered her eyes and just waited.

Delilah clenched her jaw and rolled her eyes. She did not appreciate being talked down to like this. "I never claimed to be amazing." she muttered under be breath as she knelt down to look for the best stone she could find. Eventually she found a nearly perfect flat stone and held it close to her. If there was any justice, it wouldn't fail her now. She let it go and it finally managed to skip like she intended, and she could feel herself relax.

With her eyes still covered she just waited. "Have you managed it? Can I look again now?" she called out.

Delilah felt a small smile form at the corner of her mouth. "No, I'm not ready yet." she called back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back