OOC First Name
Mia
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
🏳️‍🌈Cas, 🏳️‍🌈Gay🏳️‍🌈
Wand
Curly 12.5" Flexible Chestnut with Mermaid Scale Core
It hurt. everything down the right side of his body felt like it was on fire. it had been only a short time ago. he had been helping with the dragons. charming them for transport but somehow the spell had gone wrong. something had spooked the creature and in a split second he was in fire. he was lucky to be as unscathed as he was. he had been wearing dragon-hide top and had been behind a boulder which had stopped him from burning alive. but it hadn't stopped the heat. his arm and leg as well as the side of his neck up to his ear were red, sore and blistered. and one side of his hair had been burnt. he was lucky the other zoologists had doused him in water as soon as they could and he had been transferred to hospital soon after. he had been given some pain relief and had lifted in and out of sleep? consciousness? awareness. the only reason he kept track of time was the clock on the wall that seemed to jump every now and then. at one stage someone came with a cool drink for him that helped ease his throat. one time he had asked the healer to get the pebble out of the pocket of his jacket and he was relieved that it was still there, he had it in his good hand and squeezed it tight as he tried to hold himself together. eventually someone asked who they should contact. there was only one person he wanted. "cas" came his croaky reply. before he felt himself slipping to sleep again.

Casper had been preparing for another gallery, probably too lost in thought as he worked on his paintings. He'd been especially pre-occupied, working on a large astral piece, a twisting galaxy full of stars with a slight twist of clouds. He was startled when he felt the rock in his pocket. He pulled it out, squeezing it back, but something felt wrong. Cas tried to brush it off, but the feeling wouldn't leave. Giving up, he swung by the sanctuary to check on Linden, figuring he was still out work.

That was when he found out that Linden had been hurt and taken to the hospital. Trying not to panic, Cas rushed over, arguing until he found his way to Lindens bedside. Cas settled in next to the bed, half curled up against the bed and half in the chair. He clung to Lindens good hand, burying his head in his arms and drifting off a little bit himself while he waited for Linden to wake up. Cas had gotten a few stares, probably because he looked a mess, covered in paint. But that didn't matter right now, all he cared about was Linden.

linden came around. it felt like his entire right side was frozen. his eyes shut he tried to roll over. "Cas stop hogging the blanket" he murmured his voice slurred from sleep. rolling and pulling slightly as the memories of what happened came to him at first he thought it was a dream. he couldn't have been that burned he felt so cold. but as he opened his eyes slowly blinking he realised he really was in the hospital. the lights were bright and he did in fact have the blanket over him. his entire right side felt like ice. he tried to roll over to curl up and warm it up but he struggled to move much. he felt the warmth in his hand and against his arm he turned his head that way and saw cas sitting next to the bed looking slightly uncomfortable with his head resting next to him. "Hello handsome" he whispered lifting one finger from holding Caspers hand so that he could stroke his cheek.

Casper grumbled softly when Linden complained, taking a moment to come to again. Though when Linden touched him, spoke again, his eyes snapped open and he shot up, sitting up straight. "You cheeky brat," he griped, catching Lindens hand in one of his and pressing his other to the uninjured side of Lindens face. "I thought you were a Magizooligist, not an entree," He scolded. "What are you trying to do, put me in an early grave? I'm too young to be a widower," He brought Lindens hand up, nuzzling his nose against the mans wrist. Cas was trembling lightly, pleased at least that he wasn't crying. He was sorely tempted, his voice was strained and his throat was tight, but he was managing to keep his composure at least a little bit.

"It's icy out give it back" he murmured before he was actually awake and he realised that cas hadn't stolen the blanket. but by the time cas called him cheeky he was starting to remember what had happened, or at least realise he was tucked in the bed and cas had less blanket than he did. "you don't have it do you" he said nuzzeling into Caspers touch trying not to wince in pain. "no, buttercup, i would never allow that he said his voice a little croaky he tried to sit up and lean into casper seeking his aarmth and comforting presence. Instead he let out a hiss of a gasp of pain as he struggled through a mixture of pressure from the blanket and the numbness in his right side.

Cas moved quickly, lifting the blanket and slipping into bed with Linden, pressing up against his unharmed side. He was a bit higher up, laying an arm across the top of Lindens pillow and gently stroking his hair. "Shhh, don't move, I'm here," He promised. Feeling protective, he started singing a lullaby softly, trying to help Linden settle down.

Linden smiled as cas lifted the blanket slightly reducing the constraint. her went to move again but boefre he could get anywhere cas was up on the bed next to him. he curled himself around resting his head on the front of Caspers shoulder his arm reaching around to rest over Caspers chest the movement still hurt but the beat of Caspers heart and the feel of his fingers in his hair soothed it. "I know, I am glad you are here, my casper" he said starting to move his hand again to stroke Caspers cheek when the pain stopped him. he looked up at cas and smiled "you've got some paint on the bottom of your chin" he said before letting himself relax where he was.

Casper frowned, fretting. "Shh, shush you. No moving. Lie still." He continued to stroke Lindens hair. "I was painting when I get the feeling something was deeply wrong." He kissed Lindens temple, holding him as much as he could without hurting him. "When you're all healed up again, I'm going to kill you," He complained, snuggling in. He brought the blanket up, tucking it around Lindens good side. "Tell me what you need, baby, I'm right here."

Linden smiled as cas chided him and said not to move. "Okay. I'm comfy now" he said as he snuggled against Caspers side enjoying the feeling of Caspers fingers in his hair "what were you painting?" he asked as a distraction from how he was looking up as cas kissed his temple just on the edge o where it hurt but so lightly it was just a tickle. "okay. but don't go anywhere. I was so scared cas. before you got here I was squeezing that pebble like my only lifeline" he said into Caspers collar. He felt his eyes start to warm, he was finally safe and comfortable and able to let his fear and worry out.

Burns was not a ward Rhiannon usually covered. but this afternoon she had been rostered there to make sure that she kept the breath of her practice up and because some of the other healers were on holiday. the shift had been going well until there had been a call from the sanctuary saying one of their staff would be coming in with burns. she hadnt known what she expect. she had come across patients with severe burns before when she had been in ed in Melbourne childrens. part of her was fighting down flashbacks from the kids who had been in bike accidents or the one toddler who had fallen into a fire. when the boy arrived she was almost supprised to see the extent of the injuries. only down one side and mostly superficial. I would hurt a lot and could easily get infected. but it should heal cleanly, and thanks to magic without the need for grafts. she had given him potions to stop the pain, to take out the heat and to make him sleep while she cleaned the sound removing bits of his clothing that had stuck. she eas very grateful that he had for the most part been wearing dragon skin protection that had saved him a lot.
she was just coming back to check on the boy when she entered the room and give him his next dose of pain potion when she noticed that the boy was both awake and not alone. the two boys were snuggled up in a way that wasn't really the most appropriate especially for a burns patient who probably should be still and keeping their wounds clean. but her patient had been through quite a trauma and he did look calmer than he had done before and most of his burns had been covered she knocked to let them know she was there before entering the room. "Knock knock. Hello Linden. I'm healer Rhiannon. and I'm looking after you today. would this be Cas?" she said getting closer to the bed. whilst she ad been working on him the boy had been calling for a cas and she hoped that was the person who was here. "I have your next dose of pain potion. and the burn brew" she said. measuring out the doses from two bottles and placing them in front of him. "would now be a good time to talk about treatments or did you want me to come back when you are more awake?" she asked.

Last edited:
Cas smiled lightly, running his hands through the mans hair. "I'll show you later, okay?" He promised. He shushed Linden gently as the man started to fret. "Shh, hey. Calm down, baby," He cooed, nuzzling his nose against Lindens temple. "I'm right here. I've got you. I won't leave," He promised, kissing his temple again. He looked up when he heard someone come in, but made no effort to move. He listened to her speak, and nodded. "I'm Casper, yes, I'm taking care of him." He stated, brushing Lindens hair gently. "Just tell me what's going on, I'll make sure it gets done. Let him rest," He spoke to her, his fingers moving slowly through Lindens hair.

linden nodded against caspers chest as he said he would show him later. he was just trying to think of another distraction when cas spoke again he chuckled. "hey that's my line" he said. forgetting where they were and snuggling a little closer. it was then that the door opened and a healer walked in reminding him exactly where he was. he looked around and winced in pain from his movement.
he took the two potions and drank them each in one he immediatly felt the pain ebbing away. "yes this is cas. he is my boyfriend. and now is as good and any time" he said feeling caspers fingers playing with his hair. "what's the go. will i get to keep my hands" he asked trying to be lighthearted and tough though the still damp tear stains down his face slightly ruined the effect.

rhiannon watched the boys curled up together they seemed so in sync with each other it was almost unnerving. she paused for a second reorienting herself as her patient took the potion. "I am glad to hear that he has someone looking after him. but I do need to talk to linden as well," she said. However, she was glad that the boy said now was a good time to talk. she smiled slightly as he asked if he would get ot keep his hands. pretending to ignore how obvious the question was just a front hiding his real concern "yes your hands will both stay attached." she started. "you were lucky you were wearing dragon hide protection. and that your colleagues got you out of the way quickly. most of the burns are partial thickness so you should make a full recovery. however it will take some time" she said. pausing to let that soak in. "we will keep you in overnight and give you a skin growing potion which will get the wounds healing. then we will give you some ointment that needs to be applied twice a day until it is fully healed" she said. pausing to look at the boys making sure that they understood.

Casper kept Linden close, knowing how worried the other man was. As Linden finished his potions, Cas drew him back in. "I'm absolutely looking after him." He promised, stroking the good side of Lindens hair. He knew he was fretting, but damn it, seeing Linden in this bed, all torn up... Casper had never been so scared in his life. He listened intently to the woman speak, nodding vigorously. "Can I stay?" He asked as she finished. "I won't be any trouble, I swear." He promised, brushing his hand over Lins hair. "I can sleep in the chair, I don't mind, just please, don't make me leave." He pleaded gently, knowing he'd never sleep unless he had Lindens good hand in his.

linden felt cas hold him close again. He glanced up at his man, oh how le loved him right then. as weird as it was that cas was the one being protective he certainly liked this new confident cas who didn't triple doubt everything he thought and felt "now now buttercup. let's let the healer talk" he said pulling away slightly so that he could give healer mcGowan his full attention. it didn't sound too bad. a potion and an overnight stay. and then some ointment to apply. he nodded. "thank you" he said ot the healer before looking back as cas as he asked a question. Baby.I love you and want you to stay here all night with me. but you will need to go home. someone has to feed lapis. and unless you have one of my hoodies to hand, i am going to need something to wear as i don't think my other clothes did as good a job at being a Pheonix" he said he was fairly sure the cat would not have been fed before cas left. hoping that would at least make cas smile as unless he was very much mistakened cas was wearing one of his hoodies right now however he had made claim to all of them and called every hoodie his.

Rhiannon was glad that the boys were listening "that's good to hear. It looks like you will be in very safe hands" she said as the blonde insisted that he was going to be looking after him. she watched the two boys and then watched as her patient relaxed with just a single touch from the other boy. she could tell it would do them no good to be separated. they were like magnets the two of them constantly moving towards each other even if they didn't realise it.
something seeing the two of them triggered a memory. well not a memory exactly but a thought of a memory. perseus and theseas. the Stratis twins, and two of her friends at school. well perseas had been one of her best friends no matter how much he annoyed her. she knew she shouldn't let her emotions play with her judgement. but they had been the same age when, when, well, they hadn't been as lucky when faced with fire. not they had ever been that close to each other. though she would like to think that when things got serious they did put their rivalry aside. "visiting hours end at nine. but i will see what i can do to organise for you to stay. as a border. i wont be able to get an extra bed for you but if you are okay in the chair that shouldn't be a problem" she said. moving closer to lindens died and looking at his arm. "is there anything i can get you. you missed the dinner round but i can organise something from the kitchens if you are hungry" she said.

Cas frowned at Lindens words telling him to go. "No." He stated firmly. "Mom is taking care of Lapis and I'll have her bring something." He told Linden, staying close. He looked back to the woman, giving her a grateful smile. "Don't let him act tough, it's emotional support for him as much as it is for me. I'll pay anything. I don't need any food, I'll be okay, thank you," He told her, sincere as he played idly with Lindens hair. He let his eyes move back to his boyfriend. "I swear to god if you aren't more careful Linden you're finding a new career, my heart can't take this." He scolded, kissing the mans unharmed temple.

Linden was slightly surprised by Caspers resounding no. "I wasn't trying to get rid of you, Cassopiller. I would much rather have you here. if your mum is busy you could ask willow" he said. he looked up at the healer. "Please can he stay, please, I will be good, do everything you ask" all this talk of hunger had made him realise he had hardly eaten since breakfast. "something to eat would be good. preferably something vegetarian" he said nodding to answer her next question about if eggs were okay before she vanished back into the corridor. when she was gone he moved back against casper. glad the pain potion was kicking in so the movement didn't hurt though his side was feeling icy again "I love you baby. I love you so freaking much, you know i will never do anything to intentionally hurt you. but i have wanted to be a magizoologist for as long as i can remember. that isn't going to change." he said before kissing him and trying not to wince at the pain the movement and contact caused.

Casper winced, just letting Linden talk to the healer. He shushed Linden as the man turned back against him, giving him the gentlest kiss. "Shh, shh. Shush now." He kept stroking Lindens hair. "You can still be a magizooligist, Linden. But there have to be other, less dragon filled branches. Vet, researcher, animal rescue, I can think of a dozen things you could do."

Casper curled around Linden as best he could without touching his burns. He drew in a shaky breath. "Linden Cullen, you cannot do this again. You have no idea-" His voice broke, and he buried his face in Lindens hair, the tears slipping out. "God, I hate you," He whispered, shaking softly. "I had no idea if you would wake up- I came in- you were in this bed- not moving- barely breathing- burnt to hell-" Cas drew in a shaky breath.

"This is your fault. I could handle my life- the loneliness, the pain, I knew how to cope with hating myself. But gods, Linden- you came in and you lit up my world, you were the sun that brought spring into the endless winter I thought I'd die in-" Casper was trembling, his voice breaking with every other word. "I can't do it, Linden, I won't- I swear to god, nothing can ever happen to you. I couldn't live without you." He whispered brokenly.

The kiss wasn't a long one and soon they were curled up together both trying to be as close to the other as they could and trying to avoid touching the burns wrapped up in a way that made it hard to tell who was holding who, who was doing the comforting and who was being comforted. "I am not going to be a dragonologist. I want to study birds and other winged, non-dragon, creatures. But part of my training is to experience all areas" he said as cas rested his head on him and he could feel his uneasy breaths. Cas" he whispered as Casper maneuvered himself onto his and propped himself up on his good arm so as to get a clear view of his man though his vision was impaired by the tears forming again in his eyes. 'I didn't mean to hurt you." he repeated reaching up with his free hand, the singed one, and gently wiping the tears off his beautiful face trying not to let the pain the movement caused him.
As cas continued to talk he realised how serious it was he thought cas was past those bad feelings. it had been so long since he had had a serious low. "Cas honey. no, I am glad I helped you find spring. but you need more anchors than me, more anchors and good things in your life as there is so much there. it would be a shame to waste it you had better find a way. if anything happens to me I would like to know that you living life as best as you can, taking yourself out and enjoying what life you have. spend time with your family. Hell, go out and meet someone new." he said. his head now resting on Caspers chest like it was a pillow. "but don't do that last thing until you are sure I am no longer around." he finished

Last edited:
Casper was quick to move Linden, pressing him gently back onto the bed and tucking him in a little more. "Shh, shh, don't move." He fretted, brushing Lindens hair back. "If anything happens to you, you'll just have to haunt me and keep an eye on me." He offered, pressing kisses to Lindens unharmed face. "Now shush, settle, you're hurt." He fretted, tucking Linden in a little more and brushing his hand over the mans hair. "It'll be okay," He promised, leaning down and nuzzling in against the good side of the mans neck. "Rest, it's okay, I'm here. I've got you." He promised.

linden felt cas tucking him into bed. he knew he needed rest that he should be tucked in so that he could heal when the healer brought the skin potion but right now the pain and burn potion were working and he felt fine, shaken but fine. "yo cant be rid of me that easy. " he said stretching his face up to kiss casper back "of course i will be okay. I've got the man i love right here with me" he said his eyes feeling heavy as he fell asleep against cas.

It had been a fairly restless night apparently growing skin back was not the most pleasant of sensations and while he had been asleep for most of it. he had had check ovrs by a couple of healers before they were finally allowed to go home. they landed by their front door. he was glad to be out of the hospital. he didn't really like that place. he didn't know anyone who did. he opened the door with a charm and stepped inside. 'thank you for coming to be with me. and for spending the night. it didn't seem comfy for you" he said. between cas only having the chair and lin curling against him, and the lack of the sleeping potions he had had cas could not have had a good sleep. "It meant a lot. and I was so glad that you were there. I love you" he said. wrapping his good arm around cas and holding him tight trying not to let it feel slightly different to be on what could only be felt of as the wrong side of cas.

Casper had spent every moment he could with his hus- er, his boyfriend. He'd never felt so protective of anything ever in his life, and he had on intention of being any further away than he had to be. He had hold of the mans overnight bag, tucked into Lindens unharmed side. "I love you too, and don't be preposterous, you can't get rid of me so easily," He told Linden, charming the bag back upstairs before turning to Linden. "Alright, lets get you taken care of." He held up the burn ointment they'd been given. "Come on, I've got you." He tried to nudge Linden further into the apartment. "Find somewhere, get comfortable, lets get this worked in."

Casper held onto cas. he had never seen his man so, so what? protective, strong, supportive. in many ways it was always like a role reveal for them. cas was holding him the way he had held cas when he had been in pain and hurting. but in an almost mirror his pain was more a more physical pain to caspers emotional turmoil. he didn't protest as cas said they would get him taken care of he wanted cas there for him. "that's good because i don't ever want to be rid of you" he said as he went deeper into the house he was looking forward to a sleep, a nap in their own bed. but first, as cas pointed out, it was time for the ointment. He slowly made his way to the sofa and sat down leaving space for cas to sit next to him. "does this work? I can move so that it works for both of us" he said trying to think of what would be the best way for them both to sit so that cas could reach the burn easily. or maybe standing would be better.

Casper chuckled, moving with Linden. He opened up the cream, settling down and working the cream slowly over the mans arm. "Tell me if I'm hurting you," He murmured, working his way slowly from the hand up to the elbow, and slowly up to the edge of Lindens shirt. "Baby, we might need to take off your shirt." He spoke gently, focused on his work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back