Show Your Skills

"Yeah that way will work fine." Sam didn't bring his wand with him either. He knelt down and opened the crate of balls to check was there anything in there. Inside lay all the balls and two wooden clubs under them lay his Chudley Cannons cap, "Perfect, we can put them in here." He said shaking the dust off it, he had forgotten he had that hat. "Does anyone have a wand with them to summon a quill?" He asked, it really was the only way.

Sam opened up the crate of balls and found a cap they can put the papers in. Sam mentioned a wand and Taylor thought of it. "Oo, wand!" She said, pulling out her wand which she took absolutely everywhere from her back pocket. Wanting to get in the air as soon as possible she said. "You reminded me of a spell I taught myself a little while ago." It was really simple, it simply put circles of particular colours on things. Sort of a marking spell. "Okay, to make this fast. Aeon, your red." She thought about the colour red and said the incantation while pointing her wand at the peice of paper, a red dot appeared, she placed it in the hat after folding it up. She continued to do so as she called out what color everyone was. "Sam - yellow. Knight - blue. Hoshi - orange. Toni - green and finally me - pink." Once all of them were in she said. "Alright, lets get this done quickly, im sure everyone wants to get flying, so pick one!" She said eagerly, a smile on her face as she looked at her friends.

Sam watched Taylor put the colours onto the pieces of parchment, he laughed before putting his arm around her shoulder, "Your a genius!" He said taking his arm off her. Sam gave Taylor the hat to put all the parchment into, once she had done so Sam waited fro someone to pick out the first one but no one did. He took the opporutnity and put his hand in. He grabbed one piece of parchment and opened it. "Blue." He said looking over at Scorpius, he hi-5'd him, Sam put the parchment away and waited for the next person to pick one.

Taylor saw Sam pull out a blue one. "Okay so Scorpius is team one, someone pick out the next and whoever is picked will be on Knights team, then after that, we will pick out one more and they will also be on Knights team. The people who are left will be on the other team?" She said looking at everyone. "Easy?" She said with a grin.

Hoshi waited for them to stop discussing because she wanted to get going already. She looked at Toni then away. She liked the whole Chaser slash Beater thing. She it would give her a chace to give Toni a few licks without getting in trouble for it with her friends. Though, Hoshi hated to admit it, Toni was better than the Glamies that had been getting on her nerves lately.

Hoshi had gotten up to give Knight a quick hug when he came then waited for all the talk to be over with. She dipped into the hat that Taylor put the strips with thier colors in it and pulled out a pink strip. "Taylor- chan!" She said in a sing song voice. "Looks like we are going to have to cream a few boys." She said cheerly. She really hoped now that Toni ended up on the other team. If Toni ended up on her's she would have to protect her and that was one thing that Hoshi would rather stick bamboo shoots under her finger nails than do.

Taylor grinned at Hoshi. "Wait, okay." She got a little confused on how they were doing the drawing, but then she sorted it out. She held the hat over for Sam and Knight. "If you pick Toni or Aeon, they are on your team." She said shaking the hat a little with a grin. So far it was Hoshi and Taylor against Knight and Sam. Taylor hoped along with probably the rest of them that Toni was chosen next. For the sake of the group of course.

Scorpius decided he would be the decision maker on who'd be on their team. He reached his hand into the hat, feeling nervous that it was down to Toni or Aeon, as if he were the one choosing, when really it was just a random draw. After he had stalled for a good amount, he finally chose his paper and squeezed his eyes shut as he pulled out the tiny piece of paper. He opened his grey eyes as he unfolded the slip of paper and saw a simple green dot on it. "Toni!" he said happily, showing them the paper with the green dot for proof. He grinned at her and Prince, it was funny how they had always talked about playing Quidditch since they'd first become friends; it was the perfect team.

Sam bit his lip while Scorpius drew out the last parchment, if it was Aeon things could get messy with Hoshi and Toni but luckily it was Toni. He smiled to her and called her over. "Okay team meetings!" He said, they now had to discuss which team member would take which position. He turned to them both, "So both of you guys know that I suck at Keeper." he said to them. "So I think thats off the market for me. Who'll take that?" He had seen Knight play Keeper and he was good but he hadn't seen Toni.

Taylor nodded when Sam yelled team meetings and went aside with Hoshi and Aeon. "I dont mind what I get, all I know is that I cant play Keeper very well." She laughed. Her dad was keeper for his team when he played in school. Lets just say Taylor hadnt followed in his footsteps. "But if you guys dont want to play that, I really dont mind." She shrugged. She wasnt overly fussed on what position she got.

Aeon watched as they drew the parchment from the hat and Knight called out Toni's name. Oh god, I'm on a team of girls. He thought, looking over at Hoshi and Taylor, then headed towards them when Sam called team meetings. "Well, I'm not fussed about it either." Aeon said after Taylor had spoken. "But I haven't played Keeper before and I'm not sure how I'd go at it." He added with a slight smile.

Toni was actually a bit nervous as Knight began to choose a piece of paper. If he chose her she would be on a team with Sam and him which was what the three of them had talked about for ages. Yet if he didn't pick her name then she would be on the same team as Hoshi, something that everyone had seemed to try to prevent from happening. Really Toni knew Hoshi would try to get a few shots in at her as they played. Why wouldn't she. Toni would probably do the same thing. A way to get a few hits in without even letting anyone in that it was on purpose.

Seeing Scorpius picked out Toni's green sheet of paper, a smile spread wide across her face. "Yes" She said as she walked over to Sam and Scorpius. "Now this is going to be fun" She added never seeing anyone of the other team play before. Where they dreadfully good? Toni hoped not.

As Sam wondered who would be keeper, Toni glanced over at Knight. "Well I can play keeper" She said "But really it doesn't matter which position I play" She added in knowing that usually Toni either played Keeper or on a rare occasion seeker. For this game it didn't matter if she got her two spots that she was in the norm for. As long as she played she was happy with it, well of coarse if she managed to make it out of this game uninjuried that would be great as well.

Sam nodded as Toni was willing to play keeper, which in a way was a benefit if Hoshi had gotten beater/chaser as she wouldn't be hit as much. "Okay great! Not to be too picky but I play best as chaser, I can play beater aswell, but I think it'd be best if I played chaser. Are you up for chaser/beater?" he asked directing the last bit to Knight. Sam could not wait for this match to begin especially with his team, he knew they'd work well with each other. It'd be their only chance playing on the same team with each other. Teammates.

Scorpius grinned as he, Toni, and Sam all huddled together in a team meeting, this was what they had talked about, playing together. He almost felt sorry for the other team because he felt that the three of them knew each other well enough to fly and play well together, as they had done it once before. He was a little apprehensive when the position for Keeper was open, he wasn't very good at that position at all, and sighed with relief when Toni took it.

Sam then said he was better at Chaser and Scorpius nodded. When he asked if he was fine taking the chaser/beater position Scorpius allowed a chuckle to escape him as he said, "Are you kidding? Beater is my specialty." Adding Chaser to the mix wasn't hard for him either. He gave them a wicked grin, it seemed their team was more perfect than they even realized it, all playing the positions they were best at.

Sam couldn't help but let a large smile spread across his face. Everything just clicked into place. "Alright, lets do this team!" He said putting his hand in the centre between them. He was pumped with excitement and he would give it his all, he knew Toni and Scorpius would aswell, they were waiting for this for a long time and now it had come. Sam wasn't going to lose anytime soon.

Toni flashed a smile at the idea of her finally being able to play keeper. This is going to be wicked She thought happily as she listened to how the team just seemed to fit. Best positions were filled with ease and everyone seemed happy. This was going to be a very well played game. Hopefully Toni, Sam, and Scorpius could come out of it with a victory. That would also be great to rub into Hoshi's face.

Laughing a bit at Sam's excitement, Toni put her hand into the center on top of Sam's hand expecting it to be one of those 'go team' sort of things. Like Toni had done that one year in cheerleading. Only one year though and only for the cute uniforms. "We are so going to do this" Toni said not wanting to build themselves up too much but still she wanted to show a bit of confidence.

Seeing that Toni, Knight and Sam where all huddled together Hoshi went over to her team and listened to Aeon. "I would be bad at it but I soooooooo want to be Beater/Chasea." She said letting her accent brake up the word Chaser. There was a bit of a wicked grin on her face. She loved to play Beater but with the run in she had with the Prefect that was also team capten it didn't look to likely that she would make the team any time soon.

Scorpius mirrored his team's wicked grins as he too put his hand in the center on top of Toni and Sam's. "Definitely!" he added when Toni said they were so going to do it. His grey eyes wandered over to Taylor on the other team and butterflies fluttered in his stomach. He hoped that being in her presence wouldn't make him distracted and cause him to do bad for his team, but sometimes he couldn't help himself around her. For example, in that very moment, he couldn't tell that his eyes were glazed over as he looked at her. But he quickly brought himself back to reality, hoping Prince or Toni hadn't caught the look and quickly masked the reason he had been looking over as if he were checking up to see if the other team was done discussing. "Let's get going!" he yelled excitedly to the other team, adrenaline beginning to pump through his veins.

Sam was about to push up there hands energetically when he noticed that Knight was looking elsewhere. He followed his gaze which led to Taylors. He raised an eyebrow and looked back to Scorpius then back to Taylor and then to Toni to see if she saw it. He shrugged and pushed their hands up, "Yeah!" he yelled in response to Scorpius' "Lets get going!"

He turned to the other group and grinned, "Ready to get your butts kicked? Or do you want some more time for your mental preparation?!" He laughed and gripped his Emerald Streak tighter- more eager to get the game going.

Hoshi said she wanted to be the beater/chaser position and Taylor nodded. "Alright, I guess I havnt tried keeper in a while, im sure I cant be that bad, I mean it runs in my family. So Aeon is chaser, Hoshi is beater/chaser and I'll be keeper. Sorted." She said with a nod of her head and a grin. She hoped she wouldnt let the team down in a Keeper position. But how bad could it be? Taylor glanced over to the other team, her green eyes locking with Scorpius's grey ones, a blush tinted her cheeks and she quickly looked away.

She looked back over at the group and noticed Sam's confused look. Had he noticed what had just happened? Ignoring it she heard Sam yell over at them. "Your on buddy!" She shouted back with a grin, one hand on her hip and the other on her Nimbus 2001, which she was leaning on slightly. "Lets get this game going!" She said to everyone.

Hoshi summoned the beater's bat with her wand and gave Sam a wicked smile. "Ask Knight who's going to kick who's butt." She said as she did a few whorled the base of the beater's bat in her hands like she would have a sword. She bumped Taylor's shoulder playfully. "I'm sho you will do well. If not for us, for Knight-kun." She said the last part soft so only Taylor could hear but still managing a sing song voice. She was teasing playfully of course. She would never give Taylor a heard time over liking Knight. She was caught in the boy's spell not too long ago but that was before that boy stole her heart and with it all hope of having an honest relationship with anyone.

Hoshi looked at Aeon and gave him a wide smile. "Ready when you are Aeon-kun." She said still twirling the bat in her hands.

Taylor grinned as Hoshi summoned the beaters bat. Taylor was ready to get this game on. Although an extreme blush tinted her features as Hoshi whispered doing well for Knight to her. Was it really that obvious? Looking away, she tried to will the blush to go down. "Whatever Hoshi." She elbowed the other girl lightly with a laugh, brushing it off as a joke. This game was going to be good regardless. Taylor just had to remind herself to keep her head in the game and not make any obvious mistakes.

Sam wanted to get started so badly. He left Knight and Toni and hurried over to the box of balls. He opened up the box and took out the quaffle and spun it on his finger as one would do with a muggle basketball. "Alright everyone! Over here!" he called and put the quaffle on the grass. Once they were all over he said quickly, "Okay so just to get things straight, its 150 point limit. If everyone could mount their brooms..." he asked. He was going to let the bludgers out which were rattling in the box eager as Sam was to start the match. He handed Knight a beaters bat then mounted his own broom. Once the bludgers were released he would throw up the quaffle to offically start the game.

Scorpius noticed that Sam seemed to have caught the small exchange between Taylor and he quickly bit his lip but brushed it off as if it were nothing. Right now wasn't the time to be flirting, right now was the time to kick the other team's butt, even if Taylor was on it. He had to at least try to think clearly for his team's sake. Vigorously shaking his head, Scorpius went over to where Sam was now, about to release the bludgers. Scorpius eagerly took the other beater's bat from Sam and twirled it lightly in his hands, the feeling just coming natural to him. In his other hand he held his beloved Sienna Storm and he quickly swung one leg over it, ready to kick off when the rest of them were ready. This was it, they were actually going to play.

Aeon nodded at Taylor, happy with what was chosen, then noticed her looking over at Knight and quickly turned around. Almost time He thought, giving a glance up at the sky, he hadn't flown in ages, then again, he didn't really have the time. Aeon was drawn away from his thoughts by Hoshi who was smiling at him. "Ha, I'm always ready." He replied, returning the smile and quickly mounting his broom, ready to get up into the air as soon as they were allowed.

Hoshi bumped Taylor back and laughed. She mounted her own top of the line Firebolt. She loved her broom mainly because she had kept it for more than a few months. Now that that she was away from home her father wasn't constently forcing her to try newer models that sometimes didn't work. She kicked off and started to hover slightly. She drited over to Aeon's side and leaned over so only he could hear. "Three gallions and trip to Brightstone says that Taylor-chan and Knight-kun are going to be playing more than quidditch soon." She said drifted off laughing. She was happy that things where turing out well for some of her friends and if she also got to play around a bit with Aeon that was ok too. He was a cute boy she admited. Hoshi was tworling her beater's bat absentmindedly waiting for the others to take to the air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back