Shopping Finally

Scorpius wanted to protest and say he didn't like her, but he just sighed and nodded his head. He didn't know why he felt like he could tell Jenna the truth. Suddenly she lashed out and began crying. "Jenna please stop, I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to..." he said softly, putting his arm around her to comfort her.

Jenna leaned into Scorpius as she cried and said, "It's not your fault I'm sorry I've just been under a lot of stress lately." Jenna continued to cry, but to a lesser extent.

Scorpius rubbed her arms soothingly and asked, "Stress? Why?" He felt horrible for being rude to her when she didn't even deserve it.

"My brother and cousin were sent back home with Spattergroit and I haven't seen Sam in a long time, and it's all piling up," Jenna said truthfully then looked up at Scorpius with a weak smile.

"Oh wow I'm so sorry," Scorpius whispered, giving her a light hug. Scorpius was always awkward in these kind of situations so he didn't know what to say to make her feel better. "You and Sam got sorted into the same house didn't you? I'm sure you'll see each other around and that'll be good right?" he asked her.

Jenna smiled at Scorpius as she returned his hug and said, "I hope so, I'm sorry I shouldn't have told you this, I know it's only the tip of the ice burg it's just hard not being able to talk to anyone anymore." Jenna looked at Scorpius as she wiped the tears out of her eyes.

"It's okay, I'm here to listen," Scorpius said softly. He helped her wipe her tears away and then quickly pulled away. He didn't want her to think he was falling for her. "If you ever need anyone to talk to, I'll be here, so you can't say you won't have anyone to talk to," he said giving her a goofy grin.

Jenna let her eyes roll as Scorpius pulled away quickly and mumbled to herself, "Boys are stupid." Jenna turned back to Scorpius and said, "Thanks Scorpius, you're a good friend. And don't worry I know you've got your heart set on blondie." Jenna grinned playfully as she poked his chest softly where his heart was, she was obviously referring to Toni.

"If boys are stupid, girls are just confusing!" Scorpius replied jokingly. He rubbed his chest where Jenna had poked it and grumbled, "It doesn't matter anymore, she's with Sam I bet." He disguised his voice to make it sound like he didn't care.

"Confusing? Who is confusing a Ravenclaw?" Jenna said with mock surprise then smiled softly at Scorpius as she rested her head on his shoulder. "You and I, Scorpius, are in the same boat, if you need anyone to cry with give me a shout, lord knows you wouldn't be the first boy to cry in front of me, surprising I know..." Jenna mumbled the last part slightly then grinned at Scorpius he was a good friends and she enjoyed his company.

Scorpius laughed lightly at Jenna's joke and leaned against the tree to support Jenna as she lay on his shoulder. He was a little taken back by her move, but didn't stop her. He just patted her back gently to comfort her and tried not to soften his laughing so she wouldn't be disturbed. "I think girls are about the only subject that can confuse a Ravenclaw," he said truthfully, smirking. "But I don't think you'll ever see me crying, I'm tough!" he said, clearly joking around. "Though I am curious as to who these boys were who cried?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

Jenna chuckled at Scorpius and said, "Well what are you confused about with girls Scorpius, I'll help you out if you'd like." Jenna grinned at him then teased him playfully, "Oh Mr. Macho are we?" Jenna giggled at this then she said, "I've promised they would stay nameless not that you'd ever met them they are muggles and they are in Canada." Jenna stuck her tongue out playfully at this.

Scorpius thought for a bit as he contemplated telling Jenna what exactly he was confused about and then said, "Actually, I think maybe it's just me. I can't tell whether they do or don't like me," he said sighing. "And how do I let them know I like them?" he continued.

Then he sighed playfully and said, "Alright, it's best they remained nameless otherwise I'd have to tell them they're ruining our manliness. So you're from Canada eh?" Scorpius assumed. "I'm from Ireland, in case you couldn't already tell," he said in his Irish accent.

Jenna let a smile form on her thin lips as Scorpius confided in her and said in response, "Well why wouldn't they Scorpius, you seem like a good guy, and you're not awful looking." Jenna grinned playfully to let him know she was kidding around then said simply, "Just be straight with them it saves you the hassle and them the confusion."

Jenna laughed when Scorpius said 'eh' then she nodded her head and said, "Nah I couldn't tell you were from Ireland...eh." Jenna smiled then asked curiously, "Wherabouts are you from?"

"Thanks, I'll keep those tips in mind," he said smiling at her. "I'm straight from Cork, Ireland," he said proudly. "And yourself?"

"Whistler, BC," Jenna said with a grin not mentioning the fact that she used to live in an abnormally small town with a few 'hicks' as the 'city slickers' would call them.

"Sounds...nice," Scorpius said shrugging. He really didn't know much about Canada, or any part of that hemisphere so he didn't have any opinion on her town.

Jenna chuckled and said, "They have great ski hills, for Canada at least, not as good as what you'll find in Europe but it's great." Jenna grinned and said, "What's Cork like? I've never been to that part of Ireland."

"Skiing? Sounds fun! Do you ski?" he asked, wondering if a dainty girl like Jenna would rough it up skiing. "Cork is...home," he said smiling. "The city is crazy and full of party animals and drunkards in and out of pubs," he said, remembering the people from his dad's pub. "But it's amazing in its own way. We like to go fishing a lot," he said shrugging.

Jenna nodded her head and said, "I've instructed for the past year and I learned how to board this past Christmas, twas fun." Jenna smiled at Scorpius' explanation of his home and said, "Sounds nice, and the drunks sound amusing, we don't really get that back home."

"Wow who would've thought that such a--" but he stopped, and just said, "Wow, that's cool," and smiled at her.

Then he laughed when she said the drunks sounded amusing. "Oh trust me, they were! I would know because my dad owns a pub and I used to hang out there all the time. Not the best place for a young boy to hang out, but like I said, it was home."

Jenna smiled at Scorpius then chuckled and said, "That's cool, I've heard that the Irish can party like no other, now you being a first hand Irish-man would this be true? I've had some pretty routy Saint Patrick's days mind you." Jenna chuckled at this as she spoke.

Scorpius chuckled softly and slowly nodded his head. "That would be correct," he said softly. "But I've never known if that's because I grew up around a pub or if that's just the way normal Irish families are," he said shrugging. Then he laughed again and said, "Little Jenna partying so young?" with a mock-condescending tone.

Jenna stuck her tongue out at Scorpius then said, "Well it was a holiday, I'm allowed to have fun aren't I? And my parents get the occasional Butterbeer at the house so I can get a sip of that on my birthday or something." Jenna smiled and said, "Canada has strict laws on the drinking age in case you didn't know."

"Aw well that's too bad," he said frowning. "Maybe I'll teach you how to party like an Irish man," he said winking. He laughed at himself because in reality, he didn't do much of the partying, he just witnessed it enough to know how to do it like a pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back