Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Sturdy Chestnut Wand with Granian Feather Core
Admin Approval # 11327839.

With his Quidditch gear on the young boy was excited for his Cousin, Lysander to to Visit, There were a few perks to being the son and Brother of two Professional Quidditch players, the seats at the games were pretty nice and knowing some of the other players but having a Quidditch Pitch in your back yard was certainly one of the better ones. Lysander was a Beater alt on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team and Leo was excited to have someone more to his "fun" level to fly with even though he attends the Flying Academy everyone in his class were super serious about Quidditch and didn't want to have some fun it was all routines and plays and speed, Leo remembered stories his uncle would tell him about how his mother would do these ridiculous acrobatic tricks on her broom, but the ministries rules around Quidditch had changed over the years making athletic flair a thing of the past.

Leonidas kept his brooms in the shed next to the pitch which even though he called it "the shed" it was more of a workshop with different work benches to carve new broom handles and different materials to work with, His mother when she had spare time used to dabble in making her own brooms but now a days is sponsored by the best broom makers and they pay her a handsome fee to use their products over her own.

Glancing over at his cousin who was walking beside him he pointed at the sun which was beating down on them since it was the middle of summer 'That is going to make seeing Bludgers difficult' he chuckled his mother would probably tell him off if he ended up with another broken bone from bludger impact, he had his arm guards on this time but not his leg guards they always made him feel so bottom heavy when flying he hated it.

Last edited:
For someone who had spent years looking forward to finally going to Hogwarts, Lysander was surprisingly glad to have a break from it now that he'd finished his first semester. It was amazing getting a chance to learn about different spells and potions, and to play Quidditch with his house team, but he missed his home and his family. As much as he liked his dormitory, he missed his bed and his own space to sleep at night. It had felt like forever since he'd last seen his father, or his aunts and cousins. It was jarring to go from spending time with them all at least once a week, to only communicating via owl for a few months, so now that he was free he'd made it a mission to make up for lost time.

Visiting the Frosts had always been one of Lysanders favourite times of the week, and now that he'd spent so long away, that feeling was amplified. Leaving his father to spend time with aunt Kida, Sander followed Leonidas out to the backyard pitch, delighted by the chance to practice more of the sport outside of Hogwarts. Who better to teach him than a literal family of Quidditch players? "I like a challenge!" He told his cousin amidst strapping on the rest of his own protective gear. Challenge or not, he did not want to risk being knocked out of the sky by a bludger he couldn't see. "I hit a bludger on my first try during practice! You should have seen me." He continued, more proud of himself for seemingly doing so well so soon. He just had to hope that he could keep doing a good job and eventually make the team for real by the time Gwen and Jacob graduated. The idea of playing on the Charmers with the Frosts when he was older was exciting, but Sander still wasn't sure what he really wanted to do after school. Either way, he was going to enjoy Quidditch as much as possible until he got there.

Lysander had to be his favourite cousin, when His mum and uncle caught up once a week they would get to hang out and even more during the break even though they weren't similar in age, Lysander was still more mature than most around his age even though he was super into quidditch and loved the fact that his family was Quidditch Professionals a little too much, he liked to explore and try new things and Leonidas enjoyed that since Scarlet was quite a bit older than him and was doing more adult things now a days he didn't have someone to get into trouble with even if it did drive his mum and uncle mad when they had to find or help them because they accidentally set all the bludgers free or got their broom stuck in a tree. Leonidas adjusted his wrist strap a bit tighter as he walked

Approaching the Pitch Leonidas headed towards the shed to grab his broom off it's hooks He heard Lysander say he hit his first bludger doing practice and he grinned, being at the Flying Academy he had Flying Practice every day and Quidditch Practice every other day but he still remembers when he hit his first bludger. 'Dude that's wicked, How far did it go?' he asked curiously if Lysander got any of the family genes he would have a good arm on him which is why Leo himself played both Chaser and Beater he could crack a bludger across the field and throw a quaffle quite far. Leo walked down the wall at the various brooms hanging up and picked one off the rack and held it out to Lysander 'This one should be a good height for you' he said holding it out for him to accept 'I know it's not your favourite but Mum hasn't repaired that one yet since you tried that move last year and ended up breaking most of the bristles' he said with a slight chuckle remembering last summer.

Last edited:
"Not very." Lysander admitted with a tone of faux-disappointment when Leonidas questioned how far the bluger he'd hit had gone, but he quickly followed it up with a proud grin. "But that's because I managed to hit one of the chasers! On my first try!" He beamed, watching his cousin disappear into the shed as he continued his recollection of his experiences with the team. It was the best moment of his practice, and he wasn't about to forget it anytime soon. He hadn't had as much luck hitting someone since. The position was a whole new learning curve that he needed to just practice, practice, practice with. He was eager to impress his teammates so he could stay on the team and hopefully become a popular player in the school, which was exactly why he needed to spend more time with Leonidas during the holidays.

Taking hold on the broom his cousin offered him, Lysander looked it up and down. It was better than the school's backup brooms which he'd been stuck with for the first semester, but he had certainly liked the broom he'd tried during his last visit a lot more. "That's okay. I'm a lot better at flying now though! I got an Outstanding in my exams." He told him, before mounting the broom and kicking off the ground. His feet treaded the empty air for a moment as he got accustomed to the broom, and gave it a few experimental turns in a wide circle to make sure he had a handle on it. "One of my friends broke his arm during class. He's always tripping over and stuff though. And I found out the flying professor used to play for the Quibberon Quafflepunchers! I even got her autograph. I've been-" Lysander's enthusiastic recount of his time at Hogwarts was cut short but the sound of a heavy crash somewhere beyond the treeline. If his feet hadn't of been inches above the ground, he was almost certain he would have felt the ground shake. Turning toward the general direction that the noise had come from, he blinked in surprise. "What the flippin' heck was THAT?"

Last edited:
Leonidas clapped Lysander on the back when he said he hit one of the chasers first try 'That's the way' he said proudly, normally it's quite difficult to hit another player with a blunder unless they're not paying attention to their surroundings, he often thought about charming a Bludger to be silent but thats against the rules and his mother told him to stop being stupid After Lysander took the broom offered to him, Leonidas followed him out giving his broom a little spin as he watched Lysander get ready to mount his broom he listened to him recount his last semester in school 'You were never bad dude you just wanted to do all the cool tricks without learning how to do them first' he chuckled rubbing the back of his neck remembering he also used to try do tricks that he had seen his mother do during her years at school and failing miserably.

'Quibberon Quafflepunchers' he began and scoffed slightly, He was loyal to his mothers team, Leonidas tossed the broom out in front of him and continued to listen to Lysander talk about getting an Autograph, he went to run and mount his hovering broom when he heard a crash, the ground shook beneath him, nothing too aggressive but enough to cause him to stumble off balance and grab at his broom for stability. 'That was...' he paused for a moment trying to think of a logical answer for what had just happened, He picked up his broom from its hover and walked over leaning it against the shed 'What ever it was it came from in the forest' gesturing towards the tree line on the other side of the Pitch Leo glanced at his cousin, he was curious, there was a brief moment that seemed to hang in the air before Leonidas broke out into a sprint and ran across towards the tree line, he vaulted over tree stumps and carefully danced around tree roots and various rocks, he looked over his shoulder to see if his cousin was following him when he heard another crack, the teen stumbled and leaned on a tree for support but quickly changed his direction and ran off in the heading where the sound was coming from, but he stopped at a line of wild flowers which his mother had made to signal where she would allow him to explore before she deemed it too dangerous he put his arm out to stop his cousin from going any further 'Mum says this is as far as I should go, It's too dangerous beyond here' His mother after all had never led him astray before.

Lysander searched his cousin's face for any kind of explanation, but even Leonidas seemed stumped as to whatever the rumble was, leaving Sanders imagination to run wild in the absence of one. "Maybe it was a giant!" He suggested. "Or the moehau!" His voice rose in excitement as he pondered the range of things it could be, all as awesome and dangerous as the next. He kept his eyes on Leonidas, waiting for some sort of response, until the older boy sprinted off in the direction of the noise. "Hey, wait up!" He called crossly. There was no way he was going to let Leonidas beat him there! Especially if it was a giant. The boy hopped off of his broom and legged it after his cousin, his smaller legs working double-time just to keep up. He followed the older boys actions past the pitch and through the treeline, avoiding stumbling over rocks and roots hidden in the tall grass. He tried to push into the lead until another rumble of the earth had him losing his balance and falling to his knees. He jumped back up from the dirt and brushed his legs off, wincing at a fresh graze he'd earned, and pushed onwards after Leo until the two of them came to a halt at a line of flowers. They hadn't found the source of the commotion yet, so Sander gave the other boy a curious look, unsure why they'd stopped until he explained Kida's rules. Lysander scoffed. "She didn't tell me I couldn't go any further in, and I want to see what's there." He said, purposefully stepping over the line of flowers. He turned and gave Leonidas a challenging look. "I guess you can stay here if you're too scared. I'll go and find the giant and tell you aaaall about it when I get back." With a teasing grin, Sander turned on his heel and continued to sprint further into the forest. There was no way he could turn back now without finding out what it was. It was a mystery that needed to be solved, flower line or no flower line.​

Leonidas looked at the ground where the flowers were and then up at his cousin who had decided that he would prefer to be yelled at by his Kida than simply just follow the rules, but he knew one thing for certain, this was Lysanders fault and he absolutely was following him to make sure he didn't get hurt, and absolutely not because he was curious and wanted to know what was happening.
The Teen stepped over the flower line and waited to be smited but when nothing happened he took off running, Kicking up dirt behind him as he caught up to his younger cousin. Leaping over an old fallen tree he passed Lysander when suddenly the ground shook with a powerful double whomp which caused Leonidas to completely lose balance and run forward with his arms trying to keep him upright but failing, he rolled a little before stopping but that wasn't before he felt a sharp pain in his thigh, he inhaled sharply and looked down, there was splinters of tree everywhere, covering the ground like the first signs of snow since the outside of the trees were dark the fresh unexposed wood was a stark contrast.
He looked for his cousin and made eye contact before looking down to the pain in his leg, He had a splinter of wood sticking from it, thankfully it had entered on an angle and had pretty much just grazed most of his skin but enough that it required him to pull it out.

Crinkling his nose he quickly yanked the wood out of his leg and clenched his teeth, just one massive splinter, he would walk it off. Standing up he dusted his hands off on his pants and walked over to Lysander 'What on earth was that? You alright?'

Lysander wanted to be the first one out of the two of them to discover what all the ruckus was about, whether it be a runaway giant as he loosely theorised or something else entirely, he intended to be the first to lay his eyes on it. So when Leonidas passed him by, his brows furrowed in annoyance and he tried to pick up speed. It wasn't fair when the older boy was much taller than he was, with far longer legs to help him out. There came another rumble in the earth, and Sander watched, almost in slow motion, as his cousin took a tumble right in front of him. The younger boy barely leapt over his relative's fallen body in time, coming to a skidding halt in the bark when he landed on the other side. It gave him the advantage he needed, and a small part of him was happy to be in the lead once again, but he stopped to double-check that his cousin wasn't too badly hurt. It seemed like a rough tumble, but between bludgers and broom-falls, he was sure he'd survived worse.

The youth only managed to half turn when a movement from further away caught his eye. A blur of motion, causing splintered wood and crushed leaves to be tossed into the air. Lysander had to raise an arm to shield his face, and once the dust had once again settled, he gave the shape a proper look. A small gasp escaped him, as his eyes lay on the large, mobile tree swaying in the middle of a clearing - or, what had become a clearing in a short amount of time. The Whomping Willow tree had decimated its neighbouring competition, and stood proudly in the middle of a ring of debris. "Leo, look!" He said once his cousin had joined him, his arm extended toward the animate tree. "It's a Whomping Willow. The Whomping Willow." He corrected himself. "Dad told me aunt Kida had one. I didn't know it was here! Did you?" Sander looked up at his cousin, wondering if he'd known the whole time and hadn't wanted him to find it for himself, or if he too hadn't known until now. He couldn't believe that he'd had this in what was practically their backyard the whole time.​

Tossing the shard of wood on the ground, Leonidas followed his cousins gaze to see the Whomping Willow, His cousin seemed excited to find the tree, and started asking questions, Leo just tilted his head 'I knew Mum had one, but I had never seen of it or known where it was, I just assumed it died or something' he said looking the tree up and down, before scanning the area, there were fallen logs around them probably caused by the tree flexing it's limbs over the years and wanting more space, whereas the other trees were more close together as long as they had space for their roots to grow.
Leonidas checked the surrounding area and they seemed to be out of its reach but he wanted to get a closer look.

'Have you ever seen one before?' he asked his little cousin, He took a few tentative steps forward, The Tree had knocked down a bunch of new trees today and he didn't want to be mistaken for one. He held one arm up to the side as a sort of shield against Lysander, although his arm wouldn't do much against a tree, he instinctively didn't want him to get hurt. 'It looks like he... she?... has grown big enough and doesn't like other trees being in its space' he observed before taking a few more steps, the trees next to him were still standing so he assumed he was safe 'Are there any other Whomping Willows in New Zealand? Do you think Mum forgot about it?'

Sander shot his cousin a doubtful look. "Do trees die? I thought they lived, like, forever." He asked. Especially a Whomping Willow, it looked tough enough to survive anything. Outside of being cut down by muggles, he hadn't known a tree to die. Until now. The clearing was practically a graveyard for trees unfortunate enough to be within the willows branch length. "I've only seen them in pictures and books. Dad had a bonsai that kind of looked like one, but not as..." He trailed off, taking in the sheer size of the tree as he spoke. "Big." Comparatively, the little bonsai was tiny, and a lot less energetic. "I don't know if there's more here. Dad and Dallas haven't said so, and they go see Herbology stuff all the time." Sander thought about it for a moment, and while a magical tree wasn't the same as a magical flower or herb, he was sure one of the adults would have mentioned another one by now. "How could she forget? It's a Whomping Willow! I bet she comes and waters it all the time in secret."

For once, Lysander was glad to be smaller than Leonidas. He was eager to get a closer look, and deftly stepped forward from under his arm. Carefully, he crept closer to the line of fallen logs, tip-toeing the edge of the clearing to the point that his shoes kicked up wood chips. A voice in his head told him to run forward and try to touch the base of the trunk, where the branches of the willow might not reach, but he eyed the swinging limbs warily. Would he make it? Did he risk it? The temptation was too great, to be able to say he'd run up and tagged a Whomping Willow tree. All of his friends would have been jealous for sure. "I want to get closer." He said, taking a tentative step forward into the danger zone. Dried leaves crushed underfoot as he did so and he paused, waiting to see if the tree would react and take a swing. It didn't seem to hear, and how could it? It had no ears, or eyes. Surely if he slowly snuck up, he could reach the base unscathed.​

'I mean you never know, maybe it got poisoned or over watered or another tree fell on it when it was little' he shrugged, anything was possible, and apparently having a Whomping Willow in his backyard was one of the many possible things that he hadn't considered. 'This thing must have been planted before I was born, probably before Scarlet was born considering it's size' he stared at the tree trying to see just how high it went.

Not noticing his younger cousin dip under his arm, he was too busy staring at how tall the tree was, it seemed to breathe almost, it's long limbs slowly moving around, there were so many dead trees around them some of them probably quite old he couldn't quite remember if he had heard the willow knocking them down, he was probably too young when it was the most active, the ground was covered with leaves and branches from many trees past. He heard his younger cousin say something 'mhm' he responded not really noticing what he said.
He heard something snap and the tree seemed to reel back, he looked behind him to push his cousin back to safety but realized his cousin was in front of him, He kicked off the ground and ran as quickly as he could to his cousin, crash tackling him in the back and pushing them right to the base of the willow, he put his arm over his cousins head as the tree seemed to pause briefly and Leonidas thought they were safe until the tree wound up and started it's assault.

The steps Lysander took were slow and deliberate, his eyes frantically darting between the enormous tree and the dead leaves and sticks underfoot, doing his best to avoid attracting too much attention to himself. There were, after all, much bigger trees in the area for the willow to contend with. The thought to tell Emmett about his discovery crossed his mind. Out of the magical trees Lysander knew about, which admittedly weren't very many, he was sure a Whomping Willow was one of the most magical. If he could get Emmett to make him a wand out of its branch, would it move on its own? He didn't know, but he planned to ask him about it the next time he was around Ollivanders.

All of the effort put into his sneaking was for naught when out of the blue, a panicked Leonidas tackled him to the ground, which only served to enrage the tree he'd tried so hard not to antagonise. "Leo!" Lysander shouted, a mixture of anger and surprise to his voice. He attempted to shove his older cousin off of him and managed to push aside the arm covering him, but the shadow it had cast was replaced by one far larger. Looking up, the boy stared wide-eyed at one of the willows branches swinging towards them, easily thick enough to crush him to a pulp. "Do something!" The boy yelled out desperately, clutching his cousin and burying his face back under his protective arm. This was it. He was totally going to die to a tree.​

Kida had been leaning on the Kitchen island talking to her Cousin Aeon with a warm cup of tea in her hands she was chuckling as she looked down into her tea 'I couldn't believe it when he told me' she said shaking her head slightly as she recalled a past interaction she had had, unlocking her fingers she picked up the cup and took a sip of her tea, before putting it back down on the bench, as she let go of the cup to grab a biscuit she noticed the tea ripple accompanied by the faint sound of the willow making a ruckus 'Looks like someone has had another growth spurt' she commented, The tree had made various attacks throughout the years as it got older and strong enough to knock down the trees around it, Kida remembered when she found it, it had just got big enough to take down its closest tree neighbour, a few of the others had been worn down by some occasional attacks.

Taking a bite of her biscuit she didn't think anything of the whomping willow and continued her conversation with her cousin until she heard what she thought was yelling, she stood up and interrupted her cousin 'Aeon...' she said with a quizzical look on her face.

Kida looked out her kitchen window and couldn't see any movement on the pitch up the hill, she then made her way to the front door and opened it wide and took a few steps out 'Leonidas?' she called loudly waiting to hear a response 'Lysander?' she added but heard no direct response from the boys instead she heard another faint yell in the distance followed by the faint crack of a tree being hit.

Kida shook her head and walked back in the house and shut the door behind her calmly and strode over to her cousin holding her hand out she took his in hers and apparated them to the location of the Whomping Willow only to be met with the sight of their two boys curled up at the base of the tree screaming their heads off, Leonidas shielding Lysander as the tree tried to figure out how to reach with these new additions to it's personal space.

"I can barely believe it. Who does that?" Aeon laughed, in reference to their current relevant conversation that had totally been taking place all this time. He stole a glance toward the window as his cousin mentioned the Whomping Willows recent activity, and brought his own cup to his lips to take a sip. "Mhm. You might have to do more to wall it off before too long. Who knows what nosey shmuck is going to wander onto your property to see what all the fuss is about." The man commented, setting his cup back on the counter. They chatted a while more, until Kida heard something Aeon had completely missed. He strained to listen while she investigated, doing his best not to immediately freak out when the children didn't answer her call. When Kida returned from the front door, he shot her a curious glance. "Nosey shmucks, or dumb kids. You don't think they...? Surely not." He remarked, standing up to take her hand in his. Kida had made it perfectly clear that a part of the property was out of bounds, but was that going to be enough to stop them? The tree was at a stage where its activity was enough to warrant attention, and he was sure a younger Kida and Aeon would have been eager to investigate the disturbances too. Certainly, their children weren't any different.

The sight Aeon came across was not one a parent liked to see, but despite the threat the animate tree posed to their kids, he found himself remaining oddly calm. "Immobulus." The wizard incanted, his wand in his hand before he knew it. The trees thrashing limb froze in place, long enough for the children to scramble out to the safety of their parents. "Shows over, kids. It's time to go home." He said sternly, lowering his wand again and releasing the branch from its immobile state. It resumed its restless movements, and he turned away from it, taking Lysanders hand in his. "I hope you two have learned a valuable lesson on following rules. And you're both grounded." Summers said, glancing at Kida for approval before he apparated back to the house. They were going to need something much better than a ring of flowers, it seemed.​

Witnessing the boys under the tree she heard her cousin cast and the mother instinctively held her arms out for the two boys to head over to her, Checking them over she brushed the dirt off Lysander's face and checking his limbs for any cuts, he had a few small grazes but nothing that needed attention, she turned to her Son and noticed the rip in his jeans and quickly checked to see if the large graze needed attention, noticing it would be okay she checked his arms and face before shaking her head at him and standing up to her full height, even though he was sixteen, she was still a bit taller than her Son, she placed her hand on his shoulder and turned him so he could face his uncle who was scolding the boys, she tightened her grip on his shoulder when Aeon informed them that they were grounded 'No Flying' she said to him feeling him wince at the words.
She moved her hand to her Son's back and gave him a little nudge to start walking back to the house, she wasn't going to let him get off easily with a quick apparation home, they would walk back where she would remind them what the flowers meant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back