OOC First Name
kaye
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Sexual Orientation
Pansexual
Wand
Straight 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Spruce Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Alis couldn’t help but miss the way her life had been just a few years ago. She knew exactly what she wanted to do when she left school and where she was headed, but now all of her articles were sounding the same and somehow it felt like her life was at a standstill. She threw herself into her career so quickly whilst those around her were taking maternity leave, getting married, and were even moving onto bigger and better things career-wise. Meanwhile, she was still stuck writing articles for the Welsh Wizarding Magazines, trying her best to have her article stand out amongst all of the other ones that were pretty much the same. Upon taking advice from a co-worker, Alis made her way to one of the national parks not too far from where she lived in order to gather some inspiration. There was a beach, plenty of mountains, and wide open space for her to sit peacefully and think. She sat on a wooden bench, looking out towards the sea as the wind blew her hair behind her. Her notebook was on her lap and her quill in her right hand. Not much was written on the page, but she didn’t expect to write so much right away. She simply sat there, trying to get her mind at ease so that eventually her hand would begin working faster than her mind and a good article could be written.

Travelling for photography was always the highlight of Seth's month. Despite working as a medical examiner, he was one of the lucky few to get a four-day holiday from work thanks to the long hours he had put in. With his backpacking gear, a duffel bag for his equipment and his camera hanging on his neck, Seth travelled to Wales to check out one of the national parks there. Another perk of being a wizard in the muggle world, he apparated at halfway point before using the muggle transportation.

After a couple of hours, he had arrived and headed for the camping grounds to set up before exploring the area. He had already taken pictures when he finally reached the shores. He took a picture of the open sea, loving the way the light hit the water. Moving to his side, his lens captured a woman sitting on a bench looking out to the sea. The man was quite surprised at the presence that he double-checked to see that she was really there. He peered into his camera again and there she was. He did not know why but there was a story in her. He unconsciously pressed the shutter button, taking her picture. He was so absorbed in what he saw that he vaguely heard the clicking sound loud and clear against the silence.

Alis sat upon the bench, completely lost in thought as she followed the small waves in the ocean. They were rhythmic, almost waiting for the next beat before crawling gently to the shore, dousing the beach and dribbling on the sand. There was something she really enjoyed about it and it was then that she thought she should start her writing. However, before her quill could even touch the page, her thoughts were abruptly distracted as she heard the sound of a click, which instantly made her turn around. A man was pointing a camera at her and her heart skipped a beat as she realised he had taken a photo of her. "Hey, who are you?" she asked defensively, feeling a little bit disappointed that he would do that to her. There were definitely some creeps in the world.

Seth was so absorbed in the picture that he captured that the voice caught him by surprise. He jumped that he almost dropped his camera, He quickly checked his camera before turning his attention to the woman. He raised his hands in surrender. "Oh, h-hello. I'm Seth.", he stammered, slowly approaching her, his arms still up. "I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to creep you out. I was just taking scenic photos and yours were just... powerful that I cannot pass the chance to capture it.", he explained, a soft smile on his face hoping he could diffuse the tension. "I can show it to you if you want. I promise it was just one photo. You can check all the other photos in the camera.", he offered. He knew it was a mistake to take someone's photo but the photographer in him won the argument. He stopped when he was about a meter from her. Just enough distance for them to see each other clearly.

The man was quick to state that his name was Seth, which was good for Alis. She didn't want to have to force it out of him, and perhaps it meant that he didn't have any bad intentions at all like she initially thought. She raised an eyebrow as he called her powerful. "Well, I'm not a model." she told him, wondering why suddenly someone thought she was model material. She was usually the one to write the articles underneath the pictures, not to star on the front page. She was sure that if she was model material then she would already be one by now. This made her believe that the man found her attractive, and admittedly it was quite flattering to the woman. She brushed off his offer to look at the photo. "It's fine, I don't really care to see it." she said truthfully. "Just don't go putting it on billboards, yeah?"

Seth felt relieved that the woman somehow loosened up after he introduced himself. She even looked prettier up close. "I'm not saying you're not pretty because you definitely are but I'm not saying you're a model. You, that is a few minutes ago, deep in thought, there was a lot of emotions there.", he explained, fiddling with his camera to show her the picture. "See? I don't know what the story is but there is a story.", he finished. He smiled at the woman, raising a hand. "No billboards, I promise. Maybe magazines?", he joked, shaking his head. "I'm kidding, no billboards, no magazines." He stuck out his hand. "I'm Seth. Seth Burns.", he said with a friendly smile.

Alis nodded as the man explained himself. A creative approach to a picture she had to admit, and she couldn't help but feel a little flattered. She shrugged as he showed her the picture. She didn't see it, but he sure did, and hopefully the people who needed to see it would also. She chuckled as he tried to joke with her. He wouldn't see the next day if he tried to do anything with it, that was for sure. He introduced himself, and so Alis thought it would be nice to introduce herself too. "Alis Owens." she said simply, shaking the hand he offered. "There's no story behind me really. I was just thinking about my next article. I'm a journalist. I heard this place was peaceful and helped clear your mind." She looked out to the water again. "It's a good idea for you to come here to take photos."

Seth must admit that he was relieved that the woman who introduced herself as Alis. Seeing her smile and hearing her chuckle was already enough for him to relax. "Nice to meet you, Alis. You have a unique name.", he complimented. "So you're a journalist, what do you write? Anything I have read?", he asked, showing interest. When Alis looked to the water, he followed, nodding at her statement. "Well, it's my only hobby and I travel as much as I can to do it.", he chuckled. "Shall we?", he gestured to the bench where she had just sat.

Alis shrugged as he said she had a unique name. "I guess so. I mean, I don't know anyone else with it." she said as she began to become suspicious of the man again. She wondered why he seemed to be so interested in her. After all, she wasn't that interesting and no one had ever spoken to her this way before. "I write small articles, mostly about news that people don't really care about, and some short stories if there's not much news one week." she explained, answering his question. "I basically fill in the blanks." There wasn't much spotlight in her job, but she rather liked it as she mostly had the freedom to write about whatever she liked. "So, taking photos is only a hobby for you? You don't publish your photos anywhere?" she asked, wondering what he did to support himself then. "Feel free to join me, I don't mind."

Seth smiled as he listened to Alis. He would have to agree that her name was quite unique as it was the first time he heard it. That made him wonder whether there was someone out there who had the same name as his. "That's still interesting. I'm not a writer myself but I enjoy reading. To be honest, I'd rather read the feature articles rather than the current events. Life's already depressing without them reporting it every day.", his nose scrunched. Seth smiled as he took his seat before answering her question. "Just a hobby although I keep a small blog where I upload my photos. Mostly for portfolio.", he explained. "It's a hobby that can serve as skills improvement related to my work. I'm a medical examiner in Yeovil which makes attention to detail a valued asset. So photography helps me sharpen my focus in some way.", he added with a smile.

Alis listened as Seth spoke, and smiled as he said he'd rather read the feature articles. "That's good to know." she said, glad that people actually took interest in her pieces. She knew not everyone read them, but was grateful that at least some people did. After all, despite how minuscule they were, they still took a lot of effort to write sometimes. "Oh a blog, that's cool." Alis said. She had never seen a blog before but it sounded interesting. "How exactly do you make... a blog? I've heard the word before but I've never really looked into it." She nodded as he told her his occupation. "So you must be smart then." she assumed, figuring that any occupation in the medical industry required one to be intelligent. There were so many skilled people around her and Alis would never admit it, but she was definitely jealous of them.

Sorry for the late reply, I did not realize I clicked on the notification and not actually replied to it.

Seth nodded at what Alis said. It seemed he caught her attention on the word blog. "Yes, a blog. It's like your...", he searched for a word. "your space. A website but you can free ones. There are many kinds of them, it's up to you what your content is all about." An idea came to him. "What about you create your own blog? You can write about absolutely anything. No deadlines, no topic limits.", he said, a happy smile on his face. "I can even show you how to make one if you're up for it.", he offered.

Seth became conscious when Alis said he was smart. He did not consider himself, for him, writers and lawmakers were the smart ones. He gave the woman and modest smile. "Uhm, thanks. Though writers and lawmakers are the smart ones in my book.", he joked though it was the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back