Send Me Your Location

Very few people expected very much from the fifth year, and so he didn't really know how it felt to be caught between doing what you liked as a hobby for fun or when required. If anything it sounded like it was more of a job to her, and even though he knew people were meant to enjoy their jobs they were only doing them because they had to. Chaser had no plans for anything quite so commercial, he planned to live and give and make people smile and if that meant not being considered doing things the proper way, so be it. He wasn't quite sure how to respond though when the question was reversed, and it took him a moment to be able to look away from the soft stare that she had. He hadn't realised it before, but after finding out she was magical he did wonder whether she was using something against him. "You know I can just tell you, without that, eye thing" he said, eventually breaking away. "I don't really have anything I do. I'm like a Chameleon. Or a backwards Salmon." he knew that not everyone had the options that he had though. "One day I want to own a museum. But every week it would be something new. You'd never know what until you were in there. Monday is Banana Evolution, but give it a few days and you've got the History of Dragons on your doorstep. I'm starting my OWLs in September and blah blah grades blah blah" he said, mimicking with his hands the number of people who'd been bugging him to sort out a "career" but he just didn't feel like it. "I bet you you can learn more from a year out there than you can in those walls" he finished, suddenly a little envious that she got to travel so much, even if it was part of a job she may not always want.

Aminia's face flushed the color of spring poppies and she felt heat on her face that was af if the sun was beating down directly into her eyes. She'd never been caught using her. Real abilities. Many people were too vexed by her symmetrical face and light caramel eyes to her even care. She looked immediately to her plate as he talked, trying to will the blood rush to return where it belonged. "Changing museum..." She muttered before taking another bite of her food. When her face cooled to a light pink she looked back up. "I would visit that a lot. Though I'm not sure about evolution of the banana." She giggled. "If you do that promise I can be at the grand opening." She spoke, now averting her gaze, what if he didn't think she was a good enough friend for something like that? After all they were only a few hours into their friendship if that.

Chaser smiled softly to himself when he noticed her blushing. Clearly he hadn't been wrong when he thought he'd felt something when she looked at him. "I'm telling you, I swear Banana's used to be purple and grew up from the ground. God knows how they turned into trees." he knew it was untrue, but he loved to think of the most unusual circumstances and challenge them. "Aminia, anyone who's willing to say my ideas are great can have first class tickets and unlimited entry to the museum every week. Lucky you!" he smirked, wondering if she really was comfortable being up here with him, a stranger, sure a magical stranger but one no doubt. He could do his best to convince himself he was great company, but he knew from others that he could also be tiring. Aminia was probably just too polite to say anything. "Do you want to go back to the market? I mean I know it's no Brighstone" he asked, giving her the option to bail if it was getting too much.

Chaser's explanation about purple bananas made Aminia giggle, holding a hand over her mouth so he didn't see her chewed food. The blonde nearly choked, washing down the food with the pineapple drink he'd given her. Aminia, upon emptying her mouth, spoke. "Most likely fused with another plant." She entertainer his wild idea, and while she never said goody things like this otherwise she found it easier to be as such the longer she spent with someone who barely knew her. She felt no obligation to be stuffy or fake - Chaser wouldn't know the difference after all. "You say unlimited and I hear a place to stay rent free." She remarked jokingly. The blonde heard his offer and shrugged. "At first I was a little... hesitant, but I'm having fun. If you wanted to go back down to the market though we definitely could look around." Either way this was better than spending time in the hotel room practicing her stretches and jumps.

'YES! You know what, sure, rent free if you like and bring that with you' he grinned, glad that she was at least finding his ideas slightly amusing if not mostly ridiculous. They'd almost finished their food though and Chaser wondered if it lived up to anything similar she'd tried around here. Despite only his sister having any Korean heritage, his whole family had spent the last ten years or so adopting and being influenced by all aspects of the culture, and his mum's food was always a favourite. Whenever they went and joined their family at special occasions she'd always make her fabulous spring rolls. 'Well if we don't the alternative is trying to avoid my mum and I'm pretty sure she'll just try to like, give you more food.' Chaser said seriously. 'I have some games we could play though. Technically they're Maggie's but she won't know since she's moved to New Zealand now too. To join your kind" he teased, wondering if he'd ever bump into her when visiting. 'Unless playing make believe in cramped spaces isn't your thing, then I would suggest we head out." He finished off the last of his bodyless pineapple, grabbing together all the plates that he would dump in the kitchen on the way past.

Aminia listened to him a fave a playful roll of her amber eyes. "Well it'll be a sleep over then." The blonde stood with him and smiled, "I suppose I could use a walk after eating such great food. You know anything that tastes good is probably bad for your health." She joked. She insisted on helping the man with his dishes, gathering what she could and following him with the dishes before edging toward the exit. The blonde smiled, waiting for him to follow her as they walked. The warm air outside touched her skin and the sun warmed her body. "It was very nice of you to treat me to lunch. You are kind. I do not make friends often as I am so busy but I would not mind if you would write me, does that sound like something you'd enjoy?" The end of her sentence was quiet, as if she had a fear that he would reject furthering their friendship. The blonde student glanced around as they delved into the market place, the sun setting in the horizon - she would need to be heading home soon.

After dumping the cutlery in the kitchen, Chaser followed Aminia back through the house until they emerged outside, once again confronted with the busy bustling magnet that was the shopping area. Living close did have it's perks, but Chaser loved Scotland too for the ability to be able to see for miles and not be interrupted. He was surprised when she asked him whether he would want to write though "Do I seem the type to be able to a pen pal?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. He wasn't very academic and his writing was awful, but he was quite flattered she brought it up. "I would like that actually but don't expect a novel from me. Not everyone has your writing talent" he replied, walking back through the stalls. It would be good to know someone at the school, and strangely he felt like he was helping her although he couldn't really pin point how. "Do you dance during every holiday?" He questioned, hoping she'd at least get some time off.

Amoretta had been tasked by her mother of finding Aminia. Her younger sister had gone out for a snack and to explore the market hours ago, and upon finding she hadn't returned, the blonde was embarking out on finding her. Amoretta knee that her sister had a small rebellious streak, but she also knew if she was out doing something to tarnish her team's name that her parents would lock her up. Amoretta cared deeply for Aminia, but her parents wants were rather strong and Ret knew it was important to hold her younger siblings to their standards.

As Ret made her way through the crowd the girl scanned every person, before she finally spotted Aminia, whom had a faint pink tint to her cheeks, talking to a boy she didn't recognize. She scowled stomping over. "Aminia Macksimov where have you been? You run off with this boy? Is he your boyfriend is that why you've been hiding it from mom and dad and the team?" She asked in a thick, angry Russian accent.

Aminia processed the compliment, and felt her cheeks heat. Normally compliments did not effect her, however this was different. This was a complement on her intelligence and a talent she hid. This was something more than her looks and grace. "I am sure you write just fine." She responded, readying her thoughts to answer his question about dancing when suddenly, and seemingly out of thin air, her older sister appeared. Aminia moves around five feet away from Chaser, feeling hardly as good as she did a while ago. In quiet Russian She spoke, urging her sister to hush, and not tell anyone about this meeting. Correcting her that Chaser was a friend.

Chaser sniggered when Aminia said he could probably write fine. Like she knew. He'd just be lucky if the girl could make out his handwriting. The boy looked up though when she stopped suddenly in the street, and looking between a blonde who'd just approached, he wondered if this was another from her dance troupe. Chaser just about managed to catch the words "run off" "boyfriend" and "mum" and that was quite enough for him to paint a relatively clear picture in his head of the situation. "Woah woah woah wait what?" Chaser asked, looking between them as he tried to distinguish whether they were talking about him or not. He was pretty sure they were. After hearing what would happen if her dance group found her with him, Chaser was doing his best not to look too worried. Had them coming back here just risked her career? Surely something as simple as hanging out with a new friend wouldn't literally be the end of it. "You.. know we just met, right?" he asked, wondering whether he was even helping at all now.

Amoretta looked at her sister, a cocked eyebrow disappearing behind feathery bangs. The teen then looked toward the odd looking boy, he was below her sister's league in Amoretta's opinion. "Just met or not, i know that my sister is beautiful. I am sure you are very nice, but she has a lot of work to do and cannot afford to be distracted." Amoretta smiled then turned to her sister and spoke in Russian. "I don't want you in trouble, please don't do this here." She spoke gently, knowing her sister desirted to be free of dance, but had no choice. She was good at it and graceful, which left her as a dancer in her mother's eye - not even a child.

Aminia looked at Amoretta, embarrassed her sister would imply such a thing. She looked back at Chaser, giving the best apologetic smile the normally emotionless Veela could manage. Then her sister spoke to her in a gentle, scolding Russian and Aminia knew she was right. Her parents would pull her from the team and the area - this wasn't just about her, it was about the girls and guys she was dancing with. Her parents meant well, they were hard on her because they knew what she could accomplish - but how was she supposed to express her wants to accomplish something other than being a great dancer. The blonde looked at Chaser once more. "I have to go back to the hotel." Then after stepping back a bit she mouthed to her knew friend. "Write me." A silent shaping of her lips so that hopefully he'd keep in touch - though after the display by her family she doubted it.

Chaser stared, mostly perplexed at what was happening. Aminia's sister seemed to think that the Ravenclaw wasn't even allowed to have a little fun on her visits, and the fifth year had to do his best not to show on his face how ridiculous he thought the idea was. "Fine. Whatever. It was great, meeting you." he said, shrugging a little as she turned to leave. He managed to catch a glimpse of her request though, and while he wasn't quite sure if that would really help her situation, he did wonder whether they'd be able to hang out again. She was an interesting girl, and turning to head home Chaser lightly considered his thoughts on the his new friend, the New Zealand Ravenclaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back