OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Chaser <3
The blazing Korean summer was nothing quite like when the heat overtook Australia, but it was enough to sway Aminia's outfit choice and cause her to pick shorts and a tube top over jeans and a t-shirt. Her honey blonde hair was led to hang down as she made her way through a muggle area marketplace, looking at the various stands, food on sticks and fruits. She'd only just gotten out of practice, showered, and decided to hit the area near her hotel. After all South Korea was exactly a common area to hold competitions - her group was hardly invited their.

Aminia stopped at a fruit stand and pulled her pocket purse out of her bag, unknowingly also knocking her notebook to the ground. The young girl often kept that notebook on her, afraid her parents would discover her other passion. If they thought the public wizarding school was having an effect on her they might pull h r out, and Mini has just started making real friends. The blonde paid for a fruit bowl and made her way through the market place, unaware of her missing item.

Every single year, without fail. That's what Chaser was telling himself. For the fourth year in a row he'd flown back to South Korea for his summer holidays so that he could spend time with his family. He wished just once he would be able to stay at Hogwarts and experience a different side to the school, but this year Maggie would be starting her own version of education, and he couldn't let his younger sister go to New Zealand without a little of his own wisdom. He'd spent the last week trying to convince her there was such a thing as a milk fountain, that students would be forced to clean out if they misbehaved, but she didn't seem to be taking the bait.

Knowing that he was going to need to stock up on a few things before the next term began, he had taken himself to the local market in hopes of finding a few important items, including his next Halloween costume. He wanted nothing less to turn up in a few months wearing something resembling an avocado, but it was proving tricky to find. Walking through the street he glanced between the stalls, not really feeling it, before he felt something under his foot. Glancing down he spotted he'd stepped on the corner of a book, and picking it up before anyone else managed to tread on it, he flipped it open to reveal a random page of handwritten text. He looked up from the book, but was unable to figure out who had left it here. There was only one thing for it. Clearing his throat, he put on his best dramatic voice, clutching a hand to his chest with emotion. "I never should have lied to ears what were eager to hear my every word. I shouldn't selfishly still want to be what's on your mind." He read aloud, before pausing and resuming his usual manner, "You know this isn't terrible" he added to no one in particular, flicking through the next page, perhaps somewhere he'd find a name.

Aminia had made it a point to only talk to shop keepers. Her foreign accent often too hard to understand and her Korean very poor thus far. However while she wasn't talking, she was listening, so when the Veela heard her own words in a male voice her olive skin flushed ten and she turned around slowly. Behind her some lanky, strange looking boy was holding her notebook. Then she realized. If her family or dance team was around she'd be locked up the rest of her life for this. The blonde nearly bull rushed him, trying to push him off to the side and taking her notebook. "You're going to get me in trouble hush!" She spoke ripping the book away from the boy, whom was maybe an inch taller than her. She'd easily be able to fight him if he were dangerous. "Where did you get that!" She asked, her thick Russian accent perhaps making her sound vicious. Or not.

It wasn't long until the owner of the book, as expected, recognised their own words and came to reclaim their possession. Fortunately it seemed it had been freshly dropped and the girl who was now angrily approaching him hadn't managed to get very far. "A baby porcupine came out from the under music stall and told me in Greek that it was the key to unlocking the Museum of Poetry. Not the one in Seoul however, no the one on the bottom of the Pacific. Apparently reading the speech out loud calls all the fish into one place." Chaser said with his eyebrows raised, letting the girl take it from his hands. He wasn't here to make friends, he had plenty of people to annoy back at Hogwarts, but after hearing her accent he did wonder why she was here in the first place. "Are you currently enjoying the pleasures of a summer vacation here?" He asked with a smile, his eyes never leaving her face, but tucking both hands behind his back like the gentleman he was.

Aminia was confused by the boys words. Mostly because thy made no sense. Not to any sane human. Maybe he was mentally unfit. But whatever the reason he spoke the way he did all that Aminia could gather that she was a fish. However even that part she was unsure of. Maybe it was his way of complimenting her? The girl sighed and rubbed her temples just slightly with her free hand. "Not really a vacation." She remarked. "I am here with the Mikhailovsky theatre. Ballet company." She have a polite courtsy. She needed to be nice o the locals otherwise she'd have a whole other issue. "I am sorry I had such a volatile reaction. It is just my writing is very private." She spoke trying to remember that he did not know that. And ignorance was not a prompt for insults. "I am Aminia. Are you from here?" She inquired, extending a hand to shake for a greeting.

"Oh. So when I ask for a Frappe this guy gives me coffee and you move your feet?" He questioned, nodding his head to a drinks stall. He wasn't particularly interested in ballet at all, but he'd heard a few of the terms mentioned around the area before, besides his best friends ex-girlfriend was all for that. "Your writing should be open! Open like the book you clutch as a passage into the minds of others, helping them to restore their own reactions to one of positivity and creativity." Chaser said with eloquence and an exaggerated flurry of his hands. It was no secret that Chaser was easily readable, if only one could understand the language. He didn't like to hide himself away, and all he wanted was to enjoy his life. "Chaser Reeves Rosendale." He replied, giving a curtsy. "Yes I live here. At least a few weeks every year. My school however is in Scotland, which you can imagine is not quite as vibrant as this city. Where are you from?" He asked, shaking her outstretched hand before crossing his arms over his chest.

Aminia had never heard a joke referencing her dancing, and she covered her mouth and chuckled behind it, suppressing the laugh at his lame attempt at humor. The blonde couldn't help it though. Often many of her conversations were calculated, cool, her laughter provoked and chosen carefully as to volume and amount. This was a genuine laugh at the crazy man. "That was good. I have never heard that joke before." She admitted, though wondered why. "You have quite a strong opinion on writing. Do you write as well?" She inquired, letting her curiosity fight past her need to keep to herself. "Scotland..." She muttered. Wasn't there a school there for wizards. "Scotland seems a long way to travel for a school, it must be a fairly special school." Aminia looked at Chaser, and for the first time since talking to Lennon gave a small, almost charming smile. She hadn't used her looks to get her much, but she liked answers. If he was magical her life would become much easier - maybe she could talk to someone candidly that didn't already have an opinion of her. As most opinions of her were not positive.

Chaser gave Aminia a grin when she laughed at him. Whether it was at him or with him, he wasn't sure, but other people's joy was never a bad thing. "Not writing. No. That's more of my sisters thing. She creates a lot of stories." He said, aware that he probably shouldn't have been going on too much about Maggie to a stranger, although he wasn't able to take his eyes away from hers, and it was difficult to find the right words. "No I just like to be limitless. What's the point of staying cooped up like a poor chicken in a cage when you can spread your wings and attempt to take flight over the fence." He said, unable to break away from their gaze. What was she doing to him? "I'm fairly certain there's no other school quiet as special, it's a place built on fantasy, one where students can learn things so much more advanced than most other places around the world. It's magical and you can study the stars." Most wouldn't believe his crazy antics, and believed that when he referred to Hogwarts it was just another of his wild imagination. "You have no idea." He added, trying his best to shake away from whatever power this girl was doing to him, but even the boy who had words coming out of his mouth when he slept, paused momentarily.

Aminia's smile, full of pearly white teeth, was greatly contrasting of her sun-kissed skin. The Ravenclaw sensed he was exactly as she suspected. Would he know what she is. Some people recognized off hand that she was a veela - not that she was full. She was only a quarter if she remembered her mother right. Which meant she was charming and charismatic - but couldn't turn into a bird. She often used her charms and sweet seeming nature to her advantage, but as Aminia grew older she had felt less of a need to do so, mostly from her own isolation and lack of friendship making skills. "Are you blue, red, green, or yellow?" She inquired, hoping that if he was a magical school student he'd understand. However considering his speaking earlier she gave a second hint later. "You know a raven, a lion, a snake, or a badger?" She reevaluated the hint and wondered what he would think if he was just someone who help a high opinion of his school. The lithe teen moved to the side, almost ducking behind some of the shops. She wondered if her mother was out looking for her - however it became less of a concern the more she spoke with Chaser.

Chaser frowned for just a second as he realised what was going on, before taking a step closer towards the girl. Of all people he had chosen to assist that day, was it true that she knew what he was? "Well, what do you think?" He asked, teasingly. He wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of handing over the result that he knew what she meant quite so easily, and because he wanted to know whether she would place him in the right house. "The Raven knows, the Badger grows. And the Serpent bites as the Lion fights." He said, tilting his head up a little as if to ask her his own variation of the question. "Although of course technically a real Lion probably wouldn't fight, not unless it was food or a mate or something. And that's so much more appropriate for those in the tunnels," he added, referring to the good nature of Hufflepuffs. He raised a hand towards Aminia. "Take your pick." Chaser smiled pleasantly, wondering if she'd go along with it.

Aminia gave the teen a suspicious look. What did she think? That he didn't have the brains to be a claw and wasn't as helpful as a puff. Watching the way he moved his hand and body like an over dramatic stick-bug, made her chuckle a little again. Why was this kid so unabashedly crazy - she thought perhaps that was how one made friends. Being open to the point of insanity. However she was not quite ready to be as such. The girl glossed over the reasons a lion would fight and moved on to her guess, with unfiltered honesty. "You aren't quite made to be a Raven are you? Friendly like a badger but not quite as helpful obviously." She walked around him with careful, graceful steps. "Couldn't be a snake. You don't seem cut throat enough." She shrugged. "Guess that leaves a lion. Bold and a little hard headed." She moved around to the front of him, standing in a position that was somehow relaxed and stiff, feet relaxing in a pointed manner, close together. "How did I do, сэр (sir)?"

There was very little that offended Chaser, including this girl believing he didn't have the qualities to fit into any of the other houses. "Well. You must be a Raven." Chaser smiled, at this point more confident that they were on the same page than he had been before now. "But not in Scotland. I would have noticed you," he added with confidence. He'd been there long enough that he recognised most of the students around the school, so she must have been from New Zealand. "Of course, perhaps you prefer to take a trip to France or Bulgaria during your terms?" She could well have been from Beauxbatons. She would have fit in well there he thought, not that he knew anyone personally from their French counterparts. Many young witches and wizards thought that had to be incredibly secretive of their schools, but Chaser had come to realise that since many muggles didn't believe their stories anyway, they rarely had anything to fear.

Aminia looked him over and laughed slightly. What it her cleverness or reserved nature? She wondered often if she had been put in the wrong house - her history had shown she was more dedicated to the mayhem she was in people's life than the study of her books. The blonde smiled. "My youngest sister attends in France. And I attend in New Zealand." She remarked, candid about her school but not prideful. "I am indeed a Raven. Though sometimes I question the hats abilities." She sighed slightly before glancing around. "Do you want to go get lunch or something. Less people to stare and eavesdrop?" She inquired, if she was going to talk she needed to be semi private. After all of her dance troupe saw them rumors would flood her life. Her parents would also have fits.

Chaser nodded, "Well, New Zealand is clearly the second best." He actually had nothing against the other schools, but at least it was Hogwarts and that was the school he attended himself in Scotland. "I mean, the hat. It's pretty good but it's not as though it knows, you know. Besides, does anyone even use their houses as a realistic representation of themselves any more?" he asked, partly rhetorically. Everyone had different strengths that belonged in different houses, and it was strange to think that any one person was only suited to just one house anyway. "I could get some lunch, although don't touch the chicken from that shop," he pointed over her shoulder to a small establishment before muttering under his breath "it's ghastly." He'd had a nasty experience there a few years ago, but being a local he at least knew the good places to go in the area too. "You're not vegetarian are you?" he enquired quickly, knowing if she was it would change when he suggested they could go.

The young part veela smiled slightly. "Sure, i respect your very wrong opinion." She remarked. The clever play of words typical for Aminia. "I feel like most people grow into their houses. Is that particularly the hats foreshadowing though. Or is that because they are around people of the same house?" The lithe girl moved forward a bit, urging her partner to at least walk with her. "No sir, I wont'." She spoke, holding her hands up much in the fashion of pleading the fifth, but instead of hand on a fake bible, it was behind her back, the other raised. "So, all knowing Chaser. Where should I go to eat." She asked, stomach now rumbling at the prospect. "And i am not a vegetarian. But I have a very strict diet. If you take me someone I won't get caught eating junk though, I'd be the happiest girl in the world." She batted her eyes. She never got to eat junk. She rarely got away from the troupe for long enough to do so.

The boy smiled, "Why not both?" he questioned, "Perhaps students find that there's a part of them that would suit every house and so that hat can never be wrong if it tried." Chaser smiled and gave a sharp nod at her act. He began to lead her through the crowd towards a place he did know that served up something delicious, and since he frequented the building so often he could walk to it with his eyes shut. "Why do you have a strict diet?" he asked, not understand why anyone wouldn't just eat whatever they wanted. Food was food and the boy would never deny what someone put in front of him. He moved through the bustling of the street, before eventually they popped out into a clearing, where they would be able to walk a few minutes further without having the bodies of impatient buyers pressed up against them. He was surprised that a stranger would trust his judgement and company so quickly, especially after he'd been less than subtle about reading her poems aloud. "You're not allergic to cats, right?" he asked as they approached the bottom of a flight of steps. Hoping up them two at a time, he turned the handle and pushed open the door, "My lady" he gestured, allowing her to enter first before following behind. "MUM" he suddenly yelled out, "I BROUGHT A FRIEND." Living so close to the market certainly had it's perks, but he knew that no one did authentic cooking quite as well as his own mother.

The conversation Aminia was Havingwith a Chaser was the closest to an intelligent conversation that she'd had in a long time, and frankly she was enjoying it. Things were not shallow that came from him and made the friendship easy to form in her mind. Maybe Mini would make a friend. The blonde adjusted the strap of her bag as they walked. "I am a dancer. We have to watch everything we eat or drink. If you gain too much weight you won't be good on the team image." She remarked. Aminia didn't worry about that though. She was naturally slender and needed not to worry about her metabolism until she reached her mothers age or older.

"I do not know." She answered shrugging. "I've never been allowed a pet." Aminia and her family owned a pristine home, not to be dirtied by animals or their smells. Besides that her mother thought it would be a distraction to her dancing. Coming into the house Mini froze when Chaser yelled. Had he just said mom? Her face flushed pale and she stopped moving. She thought she was going to a restaurant. Not his house. What would anyone say if they discovered. Suddenly the blonde felt shy, caught in her own skin constricting her like cellophane. What would they think? Was this normal for the boy or would they think she was his girlfriend?

Chaser listened, standing still for a few moments to hear if there was a response. Nothing. He turned to shrug at Aminia before quickly darting off again deeper through the house. Their flat was quite compact but it had everything that was needed, and beckoning her once again to follow him through the corridors, they emerged a few moments later on the terrace that overlooked the market they'd recently been stepping through. Chaser walked up to the wall that protected them from the five story drop below, peering over it to look down at the people who continued to bustle about. "You said you wanted my recommendation on somewhere to eat, well, there's nothing better than a home cooked lunch. Besides you're just going to have to trust me that my mum does the greatest, and I mean greatest Bibimbap and Bulgogi." he sat, offering her a seat at the table in the corner of the terrace. Chaser particularly loved it up here, and not just because the height scared his sister that it was the only place in the house he could be left in peace. Just then his mum appeared in the doorway, and the Gryffindor turned to smile at the woman who seemed delighted that she had another guest around the house. After a brief introduction, his mum apparated back into the house to fetch some food. Chaser took a seat at the table, and resumed his position peering over the edge of the wall. "So your dance troupe, are they all down there too? You know, missing out.." he asked, oblivious to how unusual it was to invite a stranger into ones home for lunch.

Aminia moved for a moment as if her legs were pushing through molasses, slow and calculated. Careful not to touch anything the Veela worked her way back toward the balcony where the boy now leaned. She carefully peered over the edge, but quickly decided she did not like seeing people below her as such, dizzy from the small height. The golden eyed girl glanced back at where she was offered a seat and took it uncomfortably, only taking solice in the fact that his mother hadn't come rushing around the corner to bombard him with questions about her. She was a stranger in their home after all. Aminia modded her head, her voice quieter and more melodic in private where she did not feel the need to temper her cadence carefully. "They would have a field day if they saw me with a boy." She admitted, giving a lead into why she was nervous. "Do you often brin people you don't know here. What if I tried to harm you?" She inquired though she was slender, she was strong. And there was little to no height difference. "Do you have a cat?" She asked thinking of his earlier inquiry.

Chaser shook his head, turning back to look at his new friend. "Hardly. Can't really waste an opportunity to talk to someone else who goes to a wizarding school though can you. Pineapples fluid?" he asked, lifting up a fresh glass that was in the centre of their table. He would have been returning for lunch regardless, and there was always enough food to go round for a few meals afterwards. Pouring them a drink, he shook his head a second time. "Of course I don't have a cat" as though his previous question hadn't at all lead to that conclusion. "JIMMY" he suddenly shouted again, before taking a sip of his juice. A few moments later a small dog appeared to run into the room, to which Chaser requested he sit so he could pat his head. "If you were allergic to cats then obviously you'd prefer dogs, but has it happens you're not so I will have to ask to refrain from insulting him while he's in the vicinity." he added, continuing to pat the tiny dogs head. "He's sensitive" he said, matter of factly. "If you harmed me though, Jimmy would be all over you like a Saber toothed tiger." Chaser smiled at Amina. He wasn't quite sure what he would have done if she had, but he didn't get that vibe. For all he knew, Aminia's "troupe" was an army waiting outside for them. "Look, you're welcome to leave at any time, but you might as well have some food now you're here." he said, "besides, you need to tell me what that poem was about anyway".

Aminia couldn't help but wonder what that was like, walk-in into the house with an unannounced friend. Or a friend at all. She was in her last few years of school and still had yet to bring any friends home. Perhaps that was because Lennon for a long time had been her only friend and bringing a friend into the house that was male was out of the question. "Pineapple... fluid?" She inquired before reaching for it. What was the worst that could happen. The blonde took a sip of the juice... fluid... whichever and retained a laugh as he answered that he didn't have a cat. Instead he had a dog. The fluff ball came scampering in and Aminia giggled. "He's adorable." She spoke, however she'd never even pet a dog and thus didn't bother much to reach out for it. "I wouldn't ever insult him. Look how adorable he is." She giggled, a toothy grin on her face. The grin though disappeared when he made mention of her poem. "Oh, that..." She spoke looking into the cup. "I like writing but I'm not really supposed to. My parents want me to dance..." she trailed off. "So I only really write in private. That was about... a friend." She spoke hesitant to really even call Lennon that.

She didn't need to tell him how adorable his dog was, but it was true, but he appreciated the sentiment. Chaser took another sip of his juice as she explained her writing, although that gave the boy more questions than it answered. As his mother suddenly bustled in with the food, he thanked her before helping himself to some beef and rice, preparing the ingredients together on his plate. Once she'd left the area once again, Chaser felt like he owed the girl an apology. He liked to joke and tease but he didn't want to get anyone into trouble. "I guess I shouldn't have read it out quite so loud then huh." he stated, taking a bite of BBQ beef. He didn't really understand what it meant to not be able to do as one pleased. Most of his life he'd been brought up as a muggle, but only because when he'd been adopted his parents had no idea of his true abilities. Maggie had had it harder though, especially when she was so excited about the prospect of magic. "Is your friend here with you? In Korea?" he asked, taking another spoonful of rice and mixing it into his dish. He wondered whether the whole gang were magical like her, and whether he was about to hit the jackpot on meeting an actual international magical team. "Or, maybe, like you they've been suckered into attending the less amazing of the two Hogwarts schools," he paused, looking up at her "But you're out here." he finished. "I mean that would suck but it's not like you can't just go back to Hogwarts, back to your friends, back to your writing when all of this is over right?" he asked, wavering his hand around at whatever "this" was. If she was still a student she wouldn't be dancing once she returned to school.

Aminia shrugged when he offered what sounded like an apologetic sentence. The blonde jumped when an older woman entered and while she knew it was impolite she didn't look up. She couldn't make eye contact, it might prompt a conversation. The Veela looked at the food and stayed quiet without touching it. It did smell appetizing. A small portion would taste great - she hoped. Serving herself she began to pick at the food while he talked. "I guess." She whispered. "I only have two years though left for this." The blonde had already been fed the plan. She'd attend a prestigious school and then dance for all eternity it seemed. Winning first place in competitions and main roles in dances. If she didn't she'd work harder. "No, they are back at..." she didn't know off hand where Lennon was from. "Home. They really aren't my friend anymore if I'm honest. I'm not very nice..." she admitted, taking a bite finally of the food, savoring the barbecue flavor of it.

Chaser had never been the top of the class for empathy, but it didn't mean he couldn't spot when someone didn't look quite as pleased as they should be when talking about their extra curriculum activities. "Well, you like writing. Don't you like dancing?" he asked, not sure if was a stupid question or not. She was on a team that travelled and that would take more dedication than most would pursue, but if she'd been pushed into that decision perhaps it wasn't what she wanted to do at all. He was even more confused when Aminia told him she wasn't friends with this person anymore. Maybe he'd flipped too early in the notebook, and had he opened up half way through the poems wouldn't have been quite so chipper. "Why are you telling me this?" he asked, munching some more beef as he'd never met anyone to tell him outright that they weren't a nice person. Usually they let him figure that out the hard way and spent the next year working his way out a situation, not that he was bitter. Chaser always felt a little uneasy giving compliments, thinking that a recipient would take it the wrong way or make a joke out of him, and so he shrugged, thinking to himself instead that she seemed perfectly nice at the moment. "You might as well keep writing on the side though. Even if it's in private." He didn't see any point in giving up something if it made a day slightly less dull, although he wished Professor Sarrow had the same opinion on that when she'd caught him redecorating the Potions pantry.

Aminia scrunched her nose up in thought for a moment, answering delicately as if Chaser was a spy. "I enjoy the attention I get from my dancing, and it is a great way to release frustration..." she trailed of at the end as if the words would just come to her without thought. "But, when it is all I'm allowed to do it becomes boring." She shrugged at the end. "I'd like to dance when I want, not when I am expected." She concluded, hoping it was a good explanation, before moving on to what he said next. Why did she tell him that. "Because honesty is important. I guess I mean I wasn't nice to him. Or anyone. I am trying to be nicer..." opening up was nearly painful for the walled off wall flower. "What do you like Chaser?" She asked, batting her eyes and hoping that the subject would change with a small amount of charming insistence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back