OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Seven inch sturdy Acacia with Essence of Belladonna core
Cassi was home alone- mostly, Caspian was down for a nap. Celestyn was off on a job and Charlie was at school for the majority of the day, something about a major project. She'd not been surprised when Einar asked to come by, and had set about making a lunch she thought he'd enjoy. She'd been surprised when he'd popped back up asking where Lucas was, but it made sense. The two of them had been rather close once upon a time. She knew it was hard for them, but she hoped they'd be able to work things out between them. She had a feeling that was why Einar had asked to come over today- to try and talk to her about how to make things better. She'd already been thinking on the subject, and she thought she had an answer for him, but she supposed that was really all up to Einar, in the end. She hummed softly as she worked, a baby monitor resting on the counter beside her.

Einar had been struggling with Lucas. Part of him knew why, he had left and he had always kept himself at a distance which Lucas had never liked. He had had his reasons for why he'd done what he'd done, but there was no getting away from the impact it had had, and was having. He had reached out to Cassi, the only person he knew he could speak to about it. Who would understand him and Lucas' position. Really too, the only adult-adult that he actually knew. Einar didn't want to impose on her, but he needed the advice. He arrived at the house and knocked on the front door.

Cassi had just finished setting the table when she heard the knock on the door. "Come in," She called, moving to get them a few drinks. "Hey, kiddo," She greeted him with an easy smile, putting the drinks on the table and sitting down in one chair while motioning to the other. "Just in time."

Einar walked inside the house and gave a weak smile to Cassi as she greeted him. He sat down at the table and was silent for a moment, taking in Cassi' home and the sight of her life here. "How are you? Hows Caspian?" he asked, keeping the conversation on light easy things.

Cassi summoned over some drinks to go with lunch. “We're good, he's growing like a weed,” she countered, sipping her coffee. “Charlie is moving in with a friend of his, and Celestyn is a sweetheart. How are you?” She asked, studying the worry written plainly on his face. "How are things?"

Einar nodded as Cassi talked over the people in her life. People that Einar had thought about - though not Caspian given the timing. "I'm okay," he said with a little sigh, sipping his coffee a little. "I'm just a bit worried about Lucas," Einar said. "I know i hurt him when I left, but he keeps saying we're okay, and I just know, that we're not. I can see it in how he treats me,"

Cassi sipped her drink, listening to Einar speak. She sighed softly, picking her words carefully. “Einar, leaving was the best thing for you when you chose that path.” She spoke slowly. “You needed time and space on your own.” She traced her finger over the edge of her cup. “But leaving did have consequences. He held on for a long time- after graduation, he wouldn't leave the train station until we went and got him. He waited in Alaska for a bit... but eventually he moved to Washington." She sighed, and look to Einar. "It’s time now to make a decision.” She set her coffee cup down, giving him a serious look. “Are you willing to commit fully to Lucas?”

Einar wished that Lucas could see it as easily as Cassi seemed to, as easily as he understood it really. It had hurt him, but it had been necessary. Healing independently allowed this to hopefully go more smoothly. But Einar had also known that this would not be the case. It was never going to be. The boy nodded to what Cassi told him, feeling back for the pain it had caused and then nodded again, firmly. "I love him Cassi, I was always going to come back to him, and I don't intend to leave," he said.

Cassi hummed, her heart warmed by the surety and firmness of Einars reassurance. She let a little smile cross her lips. She sat back, picking her drink back up. "Then your answer is easy," She countered. "Right now, Lucas is withdrawn into himself. He doesn't want to push you the way he did when you were kids. The last time the two of you were together, he was always chasing after you, vying for your attention." She sipped her coffee.

"Now it's your turn. Don't just hang out, working, and hope that things will just, get better because you're back." She was blunt. "If you want in, you have to work at it. His love language has always been touch and attention. Hold his hand without asking, brush your fingers over his, stand close, give him hugs. And put together little dates- curl up in blankets and watch the stars, have wine and movie nights, whatever. If you want Lucas to take you back, you need to put more effort into showing him that its what you want and not just a wish on his end."

Einar knew that Lucas didn't want to push him, that he didn't want to do as they had done when they were kids, worried for whatever Einar's reaction might be. Some years prior he would've absolutely had a reaction, but now he was better, and he could figure from what Cassi was saying, he had to actually show it. He had to be the one to act first, to push Lucas. He knew that in his head she was right about it. "Okay," he agreed. "How can I know, if I'm pushing too much?" he asked, worried that he might over push, over try with it, and either make Lucas feel like it was forced or make him uncomfortable. He could do all that she suggested, but he wanted to know how to avoid pushing it too far.

Cassi shrugged. "I've yet to see Lucas be pushed too much," She admitted. "He's gotten better with expressing his own boundaries and wants as he's gotten older and away from his brothers, but he's still very quiet. You'll just have to watch him, talk with him, try to encourage open communication." She sipped her drink, and smiled at Einar. "You'll just need to figure it out as you go,"

Einar's biggest concern was pushing too much, doing too much and cause Lucas distress because of it. He worried about being too much of moving too quickly. He worried about setting him back, making him undo progress which had been made. "I can try," he said and then paused. "I will try," wanting to be more sure in his words, more affirmative in them. "I wish it was easier," he then added with a little wallowing in his tone.

Cassi gave Einar a small smile. "So do I, kid, so do I," She agreed, refilling her coffee. "But neither of you have been dealt the best hands in life. All you can do is make the best of the cards you have." She tried to reassure him. "He loves you, even now. He's always loved you, and that look has never left his eyes, even as he's tried to bury it. You'll figure it out." She promised.

Einar gave a little smile, his leg bouncing a little under the table. He was more at ease with the hand life had dealt him. The pain and empty-ness had largely faded. A dull ache in the background rather than what it had once been. "I hope so," he said with a small smile, hoping that she was right, feeling that she would be right.

Cassi chuckled, and stood, moving to the fridge and pulling out the chinese takeout she'd ordered earlier that morning. "Well, if that's all settled, lets get some food." She moved back to the table, starting to set everything out. "Enough about Lucas. Tell me about you. How are you doing?" She asked. "It must be a lot, being back." She offered, trying to get him to talk more about himself.

Einar looked at the food she settled on the table. He didn't want to linger too much longer. He glanced at his watch. "I shouldn't hang around," he said though he didn't immediately move. Instead he just let out a long breath. "Yeah, I'm doing much better, just working at a local diner, being back is nice." he said. "It's easier now, you know, given that the grief isn't like all consuming," He said with a little shrug.

Cassi chuckled. "Einar, you can take another fifteen minutes to eat your food." She told him. "You can't just pop in, have me solve your issues, then run off again," She tried to knock her foot against his. "I missed you, too, you know. Not nearly as much, perhaps, but Lucas isn't the only one around here that cares about you." She dished up the food. "I'm glad you've worked through things a bit more. It probably makes it easier to just... breathe,"

Einar looked at Cassi and then down at the food and gave a little smile and took a fork to be able to eat. He grimaced slightly as she boiled down what he had been intending to do. "I just worry about leaving him too long," Einar said softly. He was warmed by the fact that she had missed him, he hadn't really thought she would. Not that much. Einar gave a little nod. "It feels like I can breathe again," he agreed. "Kinda feels like I forgot how to,"

Cassi smiled softly and reached out, intending to ruffle his hair. "You shouldn't baby him too much, Einar. He's never liked the feeling that others pitied him. Why do you think he never told anyone about his brothers?" She asked. "He would rather run away from home than have someone look at him with sympathy." She sighed, brushing her hair back. "For all that he's doing better, he still internalizes everything. He'd rather face it alone than let any of us know whats really going on." She shooke her head. "But enough- he'll survive while you eat some lunch." Cassi gave him an easy grin. "Especially if you take some back for him,"

Einar didn't really agree with Cassi as she spoke. He didn't think that he was babying him by thinking about how long he was gone for. She didn't know maybe just the effect that his leaving had done, and the underlying feelings that Lucas had about it. He didn't look at Lucas in sympathy, but he was realistic about what he'd done. Einar leaned into every touch she gave him and just nodded. "Sure," he agreed, intending wholeheartedly to bring the food back with him. "How are Charlie and Celestyn?"

Cassi chuckled, a warm smile on her face at the shift to her other boys. "They're doing well," She offered. "Celestyn is a wonderful father, he always seems happiest with the boys." She mused, thinking to the smile he kept for their sons. She loved seeing that warmth on his face. "Charlie is doing amazing as well- such a sweet guy, really, he's getting his bachelors degree next year, and his masters two after that." She gave a proud smile. "He's already done a few shows with some of the bigger orchestras, some composers have been trying to scout him and secure him after he's finished school. One tried to convince him to leave school early."

Einar gave a warm smile as Cassi talked about her family. He could tell how happy and proud of them she was. He felt glad that she had found her family and that things had worked out for her. Of all the adults in Einar's life, she was the one he knew deserved it most. "Wow, that's pretty cool," Einar replied. He couldn't imagine playing like that, to achieve and be so sought after. "Any idea where he wants to go?" he asked. He wasn't sure if there was a particularly prized orchestra to seek out.

Cassi shook her head, smiling at Einar. It was nice to have him back around, in spite of all the drama. "No, he likes to play things a little closer to the vest." She admitted. "I can understand that, though." She took a bite of her food. "Back to you, though," She steered the conversation his way. "Now that you're settling down again, do you have any long term plans?"

Einar gave a little smile, he could understand not wanting to tell anyone. The way it might end up not happening and that was far more awkward. He gave a little smile and rolled his eyes a little as she got the conversation back to him. But in response he just shrugged. "I've never really had...long term plans..," Einar replied. "I think for now, it's just...get settled, get money," he said. "Eventually dip back into drawing and maybe do something with that. but...I don't...I don't want to overdo it. After everything, I kinda just want a quiet life?" he wanted to make a living from his art eventually, but he didn't actually want to be too popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back