Searching for the Centaurs

Brian knew that the centuar behind him only meant well but his pride stood in his way "Apologise for damaging my schoolbook" Brian said with determination, nothing was going to stop him from getting what was right. It wasn't about what the Centuars thought or how they were labeled it was about having resepct for others and not destroying their property. They would be quite angry with him if he decided to burn down the forest wouldn't they?

Violet glared at Brian. "I had no choice, idiot," she retorted, annoyed. "I'm not sucking up to them. I'm behaving with common politeness, decency, and respect." She turned away and looked towards the centaurs again, a little worried. "Don't hurt him, please," she said, her voice barely more than a whisper. "He's just curious, that's all. I don't think he knows what he's saying," she said, a little spark of mischief appearing in her emerald green eyes. "Neither of us have ever seen centaurs before."

Thearus looked up to mist willing her just to go along with it, "I would say that us, being a wise civilized race, can swallow our pride to apologize for this incident with the boys book?"

Aitan had enough of this, he wuickly drew his sword and held it at the boys throat "Don't you dare talk to my sister like that" she scowled, looking from him to his sister and back again, "she isnt in your command" he snarled, "us civilized race know how to use our weapons, thats what civilized is"

Mist snorted "Apologise for what? not shooting you in the head" Mist said firing an arrow that went so close to the boys head if it was a centimeter closer it would have hit him. "I think you should be apologise to me"

Thearus unshiethed his own sword and held it gently against Aitans, "Enough Aitan, the boy has the right to an apology". His eyes unmoving from Aitans, somehow he thought this wasn't going to end well.

Aitan Scowled, "what about my sisters right for an appology, he comes in here with his book which was only written in the past few years, claming to know all about centaurs, but Us centaurs have been here for hundreds and thousands and get told everything we live, and say is a lie, he deserves no appology" Aitan said keeping his sword near the boys neck

"Hes just a boy!" He said slightly angrily, pushing the sword from the boys neck again. "If you start blaming him for the rest of the humans mistakes you become as bad as them!...They treat us like they do because they based our whole race on a few. I will not have my own kind do the same." He glared at Aitan, holding his sword strong.

Part of Brian was more than a bit terrified but the part of him that wanted to be like his grandfather was more than in control. His Grandfather was a brave adventurer that wouldn't dare let a couple of arrogant Centaurs tell him what to do or threaten him. "I'm not afraid to die, if that's what your going to do" Brian said to the female Centaur ignoring the other two "I know what I know and that is all I need but I'm not leaving this forest without an apology for destroying my book, If you want an apology for how your treated and written about then you need to go to the ministry about that, perhaps use some good Wizard Centaur Relations" Brian said with a bit of a smirk, beads of sweat appearing on his face. He wished his grandfather was alive to help him.

[[its right there and you still cant spell his name right its AITAN]]

Aitan Scowled, "This particular one is annoying, doesnt shut up about how smart he thinks he is, and i wasnt going to kill the boy, that would be a waste of my energy" He said in a low grumble, "the only smart human i know is that girl, the girls must be the smarter of the race" he said, Aitan looked at the boy, "see how i jump to conclusions saying she is smarter, your doing the same thing to us, saying your smarter, allthough not keeping your mouth shut is making you look completely stupid" Aitan Snarled and he flicked his sword away, and walked past Thearus, before walking back over to his sister

Violet sighed, rolling her eyes. "You're not going to be killed because I am not cleaning up the mess," she muttered, irritated. "Brian, just apologise for what you said. Be the man." Perhaps if he apologised, Violet thought, the centaurs would be more likely to give him an apology for damaging his book. She smiled nervously at the one called Thearus, who was the most kind of the centaurs, it seemed. The other two seemed more rash and hot-headed.

Thearus made a silent sigh of relief as Aitan moved his sword away. He himself slid his sword back into place and looked around at the group, "I think it would be best if I took these two back to the castle".

"Oh now you pretend to be brave do you, i can see the fear behind the mask but i dont expect an apology from you so dont expect one from me" Mist said moving closer to her brother and crossing her arms.

"Your holding a sword and an arrow to us, of course she's gonna lie and try to suck up!" Brian said angrilly to the Centaur that spoke "threating people is definately not a sign of intelligence, IT's a sign of cowardness and I won't apologise to cowards!" Brian said vehemently already forgetting what the nice centaur had said about keeping his words wisely. "This one seems to be the smartest of you lot!" Brian said pointing at Thearus "he hasn't shot an arrow at us, only spoken with us" Brian said a bit lightly. Turning towards Violet "quit sucking up!" he whispered angrilly.

"Hold your tongue boy! you speak of respect? of intelligence? you come in here thinking you know all about us because of a book! questioning our intelligence. Ever been told to respect your elders?!" Now Thearus was annoyed with the boy.
"I think its best for us to leave" He muttered to the students.

"Lets see how cowardly i am when i put a sword through your neck" Aitan Snarled, he looked over to thearus, then back to the child "Thearus is more understanding of humans, Unlike i who think your all stupid, which is true, i know, i have lived in the forest long enough, i'll write a book about young witches and wizards, how shall i start it off, young humans are completely stupid and arrogent, who only think about themselves and the books they read, they dont care about other Creatures, and wonder into Forbidden places cause they want to proove to the Very Creatures who could kill them that they are stupid", Aitan Laughed to himself, and look at Thearus again

Brian turned away from the savages "I was taught to respect my elders not animals" Brian said coldly his mind made up as he began walking away "I can find my own way back to the castle so just stay with the rest of them!" Brian said as he continued to walk away, all he wanted was to learn things about them but it seemed the book was 100% correct about them, except that they were definately not 'near human intelligence' they were no better than wolves or Dementors that roamed the forest. He was even more dissapointed at Violet who demeaned herself and the rest of the wizarding world. He hated Centaurs and there bigotry.

Mist fired and arrow aiming for the back of his leg "stupid child" she said hoping the arrow made contact.

" Actually I cannot "just stay with them"" said Thearus through clenched teeth.
"And I cant believe what I did for your people sometimes..." Thearus seemed on the verge of explosion. He could handle everything, except being called an animal.
It was cruel. Just...cruel.

He heard the twang, " Mist!" He shouted out, a ringing came as his sword left its place. He swung it down to the arrow, deflecting it just in time. He sent himself between the boy and the centaurs. He couldn't believe what he was doing. He held his sword, tip glinting upward.

"He needed to be taught a lesson" Mist said glaring at Thearus. "Even you got mad"

Aitan Snarled, "Put your Sword down" he demanded, placing his hand on his Sword, "Don't Make me ask Twice" he Snarled glaring at him

After hearing the arrow get knocked to the ground Brian decided it best to run for it, his fear was creeping up as the adrenaline dissapeared, He ran as fast as he could hoping that the animals would stay put and away from the school. Brian couldn't believe that stupid horse was going to kill him! He had enough of the centaurs and would have to fight for more restrictions against them if he could.

Violet winced. When will he ever learn? she thought, sadly. "I am sorry about the way he behaved. He is a nice person, he is just a little stubborn." She smiled at the centaurs, even the ones who had attacked, and then bowed. "It was a pleasure to meet you, even in these circumstances. I am sorry about invading your territory and I will leave you be." She turned and walked quickly out of the forest, deciding that perhaps it would be better to clear her head on the lawn or by the lake. She wasn't sure she was willing to run in to the centaurs again.

Mist nodded at the girl, clearly the rational one.

Thearus waited until both the girl and the boy were out of sight before sending his sword form Aitans. He sent it back into place with a ringing sound and murmured, " You should leave, lest you be caught by Vico.." He watched them both carefully.
He was going to be killed trying to save an idiot of a human one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back