School Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clyde Sumiragi

OOC First Name
Sasha
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
So I'm suggesting a school paper for Hogwarts New Zealand. It's not supposed to be like the Daily Prophet. I mean not like the Daily Prophet in the sense that it would only write 'news'. I was thinking of releasing gossips and stuff happening in the school, but of course real information too. I think it's also different from the Hogwarts Yearbook (It's a yearbook, right?) And also, it could help a lot of news-writers-wannabe's like me.

There has been, and ideally is a "school paper" for Hogwarts. Though, the problem is having people devote time to it.
Currently there is the "Hogwarts Monthly" which is student run, and you might contact Isabella Chaos about what's happening there. (I'm not even positive on that account, though.) The "Hogwarts Monthly" (or whatever it might be called) would be the school-sanctioned news.
There also used to be a "Gossip Magazine" done by a student, that was not school sanctioned, and then that stopped as per the plot.

I'd be willing to pour some time into this. I wouldn't mind taking the lead, getting the paper on the road and things of that nature. If Clyde isn't willing to palm the lead off thought, I'd still be more than willing to help in the development of the paper with articles of my own (on James Sal). I can see this being in his character seeings his position at Hogwarts and his interests.

I'm still the head of the Hogwarts Monthly but due to a few hectic RL things that were going on for a while, the paper had been put off a bit by me. Now that I'm getting more time to focus on HNZ again, I'd definitely still like to go through with the Hogwarts Monthly. :)

And as much as I'd really appreciate any and all help I can get, I think there was a rule about Staff not being part of the paper. I think the reasoning was that it was supposed to be a student run newspaper, so no Staff was allowed. If you have a student account then you could totally be able to help on that account instead? :)

Sure. PM me if you're really interested. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back