Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Lou
Wand
Yew 12'' Core of Jackalope Antler
Mischief was Erik’s middle name. Truly, it was Malkolm, but close enough. He was now well-aware of the Prindeous’ shop hours. That said, he didn’t feel a gram of shame when he showed up two hours early, give or take a few minutes. He apparated to the rural property outside Whanganui and looked for the interesting farmer boy.

Even though he’d lived in the Southern Hemisphere before, Erik was still thrown off by the warming November days. He wore a lilac t-shirt and his favorite jeans. It was hot enough that he couldn’t stand his jacket, so he stuffed it into his enchanted shoulder bag.

@Lou Prindeou

Lou knew better. He really did. For the next several days... probably about a week and a half, Lou had worked his tail off so he could finish early, looking to the house more often than he'd like to admit in hopes he'd have a visitor again. But, his visitor hadn't come. It didn't take as long for Lou to lose hope, and now he was a week ahead of his actual work schedule. Technically, he didn't need to be working. But he was. He'd been hard at work since just after dawn, frustrated and on edge, irritated with how predictable his life was.

He cursed as he ripped the stubborn weed from the ground, stumbling back up with the force of the yank. He threw it aside, panting and breathing heavily. Great, now he was hot, sweaty, and covered in dirt. He pulled his shirt up over his head, yanking it off and tousling his hair. Lou was tanned, and fit. He was naturally tall and lean, of course, but a lifetime of hard work had left him toned, as well. He shook the dirt from his shirt, debating getting a new one entirely. He brushed off his worn-out jeans, grumbling as he pulled his shirt back on. He was starving, absolutely. He needed to get some food. He tried to straighten his unruly hair as he turned unthinkingly back towards the house.

As he was wandering through the orchard of Alihotsy trees, Erik noticed movement out of the corner of his eye. Lou was peeling off his shirt and Erik couldn’t help blushing. He had to admit he was a bit disappointed when Lou slipped it back on. Erik stepped out of the grove and walked towards Lou, who was turning away towards the house.

“Time for a siesta, Lou?” he asked, grinning.

Lou nearly jumped out of his skin at the unexpected voice. He turned quickly, passing off the heat in his face as the heat of the sun. "Erik?" He asked, surprised. "I didn't think you were coming back," he blurted, wincing as he said it and looking away. "I- um, yes. I... Was going to go for a swim, actually. The, um. The shop is closed today, Bettie is out." He rubbed the back of his neck.

Erik was pleased to hear that Bettie was out again. He’d meant to pick up some of his ingredient order, but he figured it was just another reason to come back. Erik stepped closer to Lou. “Shame,” Erik said, though he didn’t really mean it. “Do you have a swimming hole nearby?”

Lou almost smiled a little. "Yeah, I have my spots." He held out a hand, giving Erik a smile. "Do you want to come along too, little butterfly?" He asked with a shy grin.

Last edited:
Erik was surprised by this burst of enthusiasm from Lou. Smirking when Lou called him butterfly, he said, “Sure, I’ll try not to get my wings wet.” He took the other wizard’s hand. It felt a little silly, but he would play along.

Lou laughed lightly and pulled him along, heading for the farther edge of the farm and for some trees. "How have you been?" He asked, realizing he was still holding Eriks hand and pulling away to put his hands in his pockets.

Smiling, Erik followed Lou across the property. “I’m settling in, finally,” Erik said, “my apartment’s starting to look like home.” The location was perfect- situated in a busy area, next to an assortment of clubs, restaurants, and shops he could explore. There was a bar just blocks down that was looking promising- they had live music most nights and cheap, strong drinks.

“What about you?”

Erik spoke, and Lou nodded. "That sounds nice." He wouldn't know about moving, he'd lived in the same room all his life. But he could appreciate the sentiment. He led Erik through the trees, ducking and weaving his way through them. "I'm the same as I always am. Busy with the farm. I'm about a week ahead of my schedule, I can spare a few hours if you want to wait for Bettie. I can't say she'll be pleased, though, I imagine she's had a busy day."

“A week ahead of schedule? Sounds like you have plenty of time to relax,” Erik said, grinning. He shrugged. “I can always come back.” If Erik was honest with himself, he’d be happy not to interact with Bettie at all today. Her brother was much more interesting.

Lou smiled a little, laughing lightly. "I suppose I do," he rubbed the back of his neck, coming to a stop at Eriks words. "Wait, you're leaving?" He frowned, his heart sinking. He didn't realize he was that boring, he had thought they were going swimming. "Oh," he looked down, trying to hide his disappointment.

Erik’s eyes widened at Lou’s reaction. Merlin, this wizard was difficult to read. He looked like a kicked puppy. “No, I mean for my order. I’m not leaving just yet.” Erik smiled encouragingly. “Thought we were going swimming.”

Lou was surprised when Erik countered, blushing and looking up. He gave a shy smile. "Right, yeah. This way," he motioned for Erik to follow, turning and pushing through the trees one more time to show a slow moving river. He grinned at Erik, before heading over to the water. He got down to his shorts before darting forward, taking a leap and landing in the water with a splash. He resurfaced, laughing lightly. "Come on, its not that cold," he called out with a wide smile.

The small creek looked wonderful on this hot day. Lou didn’t need to tell him twice. Erik set his shoulder bag, shoes, and wand down on the bank. Having been pushed into bodies of water multiple times in his life, Erik had no qualms about slipping into the stream fully-clothed. He was a pro at the Hot Air charm by now.

That said, Erik didn’t mind Lou’s choice of attire either. Keeping a familiar distance, Erik dunked himself to the bottom and stood back up. With his hair and clothes soaked through, he could acclimate to the temperature more easily. He grinned at Lou. “Nice hiding spot.”

Lou couldn't help but laugh at Erik. "Thats one way to do it," he teased, stretching out on his back and floating by. "Its really nice, yeah. I have a few spots around here that I like." He smiled a bit, enjoying the feel of the sun on his skin. "Are there any places out there in the big wide world you particularly like?" He asked.

“I believe it.” The sprawling property Lou and Bettie lived on was remote and peaceful.While Erik adored many places in the world, he didn’t want to brag. He still had a hard time believing Lou had never left the country.

“Buenos Aires is lovely,” Erik said. His Spanish might be atrocious, but he’d gotten along there for a year after graduation. He waded in the creek, slowly pushing the water with his arms and legs. His clothes were starting to get heavy.

Lou shut his eyes, completely relaxed. "Yeah? Where's that?" He asked, treading water. He had drifted a little closer to Erik, and when he opened his eyes, he was damn near under the other man. Lou grinned broadly. "Hi," he greeted with a light laugh.

“Oh, Argentina,” Erik said lazily, “South America.” He smirked as Lou floated closer to him. “Hola.” Erik smacked the water, splashing it towards the other man’s face.

-godmod approved-

Lou hardly had time to ponder over how far away that was before Erik splashed him. He laughed, righting himself. They were still fairly shallow, Lou had no trouble touching the river bed. That was unfortunate. "Really?" He asked, smirking himself. He moved quickly, wrapping his arms around Eriks waist, planting his feet on the river bed and pushing with all his might, vaulting them both back into deeper water. Lou kept hold of Erik, pulling them back up to the surface. His toes were on the bed, and he had to bounce a bit to keep them up. It was fine for him- too deep for Erik to get away without having to swim, though. Lou laughed breathlessly, dark eyes sparkling, hardly noticing or caring about the close proximity he held with the potioneer.

Erik didn’t expect to be plunged into the creek. Water burned through his nostrils and clogged up his ears. Just as quickly, he was lifted back to the surface, coughing and laughing. He did what he would do any time he was in another man’s arms, planting a kiss on Lou’s lips.

Lou's heart almost stopped in his chest when Eric kissed him. Unthinkingly, he gasped, dropping Erik and falling back, swimming back a little bit. When he was away enough he apparated quickly, even if only to the edge of the river. He sat, cheeks burning and heart thundering madly, a hand coming up to his lips. He sat quietly, water lapping softly around his waist. He was quiet as he tried to process what had just happened.

Well, that didn’t go as planned. Apparently, Erik was very, very good at misreading Lou. No big deal. Erik wouldn’t push things that weren’t meant to be. He didn’t want to make the other wizard more uncomfortable than he already was.

Erik didn’t say sorry because he wasn’t sorry at all. He smiled sheepishly at Lou and then relaxed his body, letting himself float on the surface. Merlin, it was bright out. He shielded his eyes with one of his arms.

It took Lou several minutes to come back to himself, and when he did he let out a soft, shaky breath. "W-why did you do that?" He asked quietly, feeling a little bit better that Erik hadn't apologized. That told Lou Erik had meant to kiss him, which made him more sure Erik wasn't bored by Lou. It was silly, but Lou had... Actually kind of liked it, and he regretted just dropping Erik.

Why? How to answer such a question. Lou was quite an interesting character. He was so new to the world despite how long he had lived in it. Erik flipped himself upright and shrugged, kicking his legs to tread water. “Well, when you swept me into your arms, I thought you might have the same idea.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back