School for the holidays

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda walked tiredly down on to the lawn, alot of her fellow housemates were busily packing for going home and she didn't want to be around to have to say goodbye to any of them. She hated goodbyes, no matter how short they were. She strolled through the lawn humming to herself and paying no attention what so ever to the world about her.

She was thinking about the Yule ball. Honestly, she had been surprised at both the older students, both prefects at that. She knew Bruin well enough of course for being her own house prefect and quidditch team captain, as well as a friend and Ford, well Ford had been an accidental meeting. But she still liked him well enough. Andromeda decided that as she didn't know the full facts she wouldn't and couldn't judge what happened between them. She was certain they would sort the animosity out somehow.

Andromeda thought then about Brian. He had looked very dashing last night. She sighed remembering how he had held Kailey and danced with her. She looked about and seeing she was on her own, held out one hand as if it were on top of someones shoulder, then held out her other hand as if that was being held by someone. She smiled to her fictitious partner and began to move her feet, one two three, one two three. Even with a fictitious partner she knew she was getting it wrong. But, she merely smiled and remembered standing on her fathers feet as a little girl and again on her uncles and moved as they had.

She had no music other than the repetitive counting 1,2,3 which she danced to. Andromeda slowly began to hear music in her head and danced now a bit more freely. Her father had called it a waltz, she smiled but imagined only one person holding her and dancing with her at that moment. Round and round she twirled, one two three, one two three... it seemed she danced now all over the lawn. This was the closest she figured that she would ever get to dancing with him.

Zazuka had been looking for Andy with packages in her bookbag so no one else could see. She knew it was early but she also know that Andy would be in no position to open presents on the morning they where soppoed to be opened. Zazuka had promised herself that if she had the same skill for potions that she had for Herbology that she would probobly be good enough to try and study what made a warewolf and try to find a way to counter act it.

Andy deserved her life back Zazuka had thought to herself. Zazuka finally found Andy out on the lawn dancing a rather good walz with an imagenary partner. Zazuka stood by a wall and watched. When Andy absent mindedly danced by her Zazuka started to sing.

"He turns the sessons around
And so she chainges her gown

Mother Earth and Father Time

How very special are we
for just a moment to be
part of life's eternal dance."

Zazuka kept the slow beat in her head while singing the lullaby she learned form on one her brother's old movies. She hoped that it would call the dancing girl's attention.

Zazuka laughed. "Nothing I just thought you could use some music to dance to and I don't have my music decive so I started to sing, what did you think?" She said a little imberresed that she had sang the one song that had gotten her though alot of sleepless nights.

"Well your singing is better than my dancing that's for sure!" she smiled at her friend, "You looked really beautiful last night. Perfect!"

Andromeda meant every word of it, Zuka had been like an angel dressed in silken blue floating about the dance floor the night before. Stunning.

Zazuka blushed crimson. She had looked at herself in the mirror before going down to the ball and hardly recongnised herself. Still she had gotten few dances but hadn't bothered her all that much. "Thanks I'm sure you would have looked great too if you had let you mother and I choose a dress for you. Oh before I forget. I'm giving you this early because I know what also happens on Chismas eve and I wanted you have them before then." Zazuka took out two neatly gift wraped packages, one was flat the other in a tube like shape. "This I bought and this I made in my spare time." She said taking out one last thing.

It was a doll with all black hair as a fring and felt braded ropes in red and black making up the pony tale. A velvet ribbon seemed to hold the braids up. Her eyes where red as where her lips which seemed to have an almost crule smile on them but something in the eyes saved the smile from being so. A black coat covered most of the doll's body, red buttons coming down and ending at a belt with a cross on it. black and red stalkings finished in ballerina type shoes. There was also a choker with a skull on it on the dolls thoat which had a chain comeing down to her hand

"Her name is Nebula" Zazuka said as she took off the dolls right shoe and stalking to show that Zazuka had taken the time to embroder the doll's name in gothic letters on the doll's right foot.

doll.png

((What Nebula looks like but not the letters on the foot.))

Andromeda looked at the packages then back at Zuka.
"You didn't have to do that" Andromeda gasped as Z passed her an amazing looking doll, she smiled and reached out for her, "Zuka she's brilliant I love her. You made this?"

Andromeda instinctively hugged her friend for being so utterly thoughtful, to have gone to such an effort making this brilliant doll but to also give her her gifts before the full moon.
"Thank you Zuka, this means a lot" she looked down at the doll, "Nebula. Very fitting name".

Zazuka grined madly as she hugged her friend back. "yeah I wake up very early so I found the time. The only thing is that I may have had to much time and well look." She said and took the coat off Nebula then opened a slit she had made in the back and closed with velcro. She took out sevral outfit she had made for this particuler doll. "I may have gone overbord but I couldn't stop myself after starting. I even made one that looks a bit like Molly's." She said blushing agian. Zazuka hadn't ment to go so far with it. Zazuka put the closthes back into the compartment and put the coat back on Nebula.

((all the outfits she made Each word is a link :D ))

Andromeda laughed.
"Zuka you are a gift you know that, she is brilliant I love her. I so love her. I promise I won't bring her into the cavern with me though. I'd probably rip her to shreds but I'll make sure uncle Patrick has her waiting for me when he comes in to get me" she smiled, the full moon didn't seem so bad now she had something like this to hold onto afterwards for comfort and providing there was food there this time around.

Zazuka blushed again. "Gift, I guess. Well she'll aways be there I hope. I thought you would need something to bring normality back whatever that is." She said. Zazuka felt like maybe she would be there for her too now that Nebula would be the first to see Andy after the full moon. All this just made Zazuka's resovle stronger. She would get really good at potions and Herbology so she could help her friend in any way she could. "Oh don't worry about getting me anything it's no big deal." She added haistaly.

"Dummy! I have already gotten you something but I was going to pass the gifts to my uncle who was going to give them to the house elf he knows, who would have put them under the Ravenclaw commonroom Christmas tree for you and for Brian!" she smiled at her.

Zazuka laughed and pushed Andy softly. "Alright then I have something to look foward to as well as next semester of classes. We should some what rested so we can start class well." She said happely. She douted she was ever going to rest easy but she could try.

Zazuka nodded. "Yeah I'm glad we are at shool to enjoy it though I wouldn't have minded going to you house for Chismas too." She said happely. Not minded was an understatement she would have loved to spend christmas with Andy and her family.

"I wouldnt' have minded myself either but they haven't werewolf proofed the house yet. But summertime it should be all taken care of. Once you don't mind listening to me howling my head off once a month you'll be fine!" she smiled at her.

Zazuka pushed her playfully again. "Of course I don't mind. I don't sleep well most night anyway." She said shaking her head. She loved having a friend like Andy that she could be totally herself.

Zazuka nodded really quickly. "If you feel your up to it I could tell Brian and you tell Amy and we can show off what we got for Chrismas." She said happely.

"Amy won't be staying she had to go home instead. She got an owl mail late last night but there's another Gryffindor staying. I don't know if you've met him or not, Drae is his name. He is very quiet but very nice. I wouldn't want him to be all alone either" she smiled at Zuka "We could just arrange a time for meeting up. I think I was so bad the last time because I skipped dinner to go down and then had nothing to eat while i was there either. Hopefully this time will be different."

Zazuka thought about this a bit then smiled. "Oh how about ten o' clock then that way everyone is up and well able to pay attenion to each other." Zazuka said. In truth she would have been up way before that but no alot of people needed to know that. "Drae, Drae, Drae..." She muttered trying to rememeber the face that went with that name. She could match the dicription better though. "You mean Mr. Sullen? I've noticed him Herbology but never really talked to him." Zazuka said telling Andy her personal nickname for him. She had nicknames like that for the people she had never met but noticed.

"He's not sullen Zuka, he's just very quiet. He's not used to big crowds of people. He's had a tough life, pretty much like yourself actually" she told her, "10 O'clock should be fine, that gives me enough time to get up from the cavern and change. Make myself look normal".

Zazuka bit her lip. "Sorry I make up nicknames on what I obsurve for the people I don't know like the Three Headed Hydra for thies Slytherin triples that are in my Charms class that are always together. I'm sure Drae nothing like the nickname but now that I know his name I can drop it." Zazuka explained. "I make sure to have Brian informed then. And I hope you transphomation isn't to terrable this time."

"Well really his name is Vydrael but I shortened it to Drae. Don't say anything yet until I speak with Drae he mightened even want to come down. We'll see" Andromeda decided to walk abit, still smiling at her doll, "these outfits are really cool. It's a good thing you and I are handy with a sewing needle. My uniform didn't look so great after the last full moon, my uncle attempted a reparo spell but even I could have told him that, that wasn't going to work. Mom tried for years all sorts of material fixing spells because I was forever falling out of trees or tearing my clothes off of something."

She looked out to where the gardens were and was glad shouldn't couldn't make the tree out too well from here.
"I asked my uncle to put food in there for me this time. I was so hungry and was wretchedly sick after for hours" she said to Zuka remembering the horrible pains she had experienced.

Zazuka's eyes went wide behind her glasses. "That must have been so awlful. Do you think it will get better over the years?" She asked. Zazuka hoped it did. She hoped that her friend would be well enough to see them christmas day. "I had to alter my clothes or risk looking like a gender confused girl in my brother's hand-me downs. That and the fact that thier both about twice my size had alot to do with it. Alright I wont say anything until early chistmas eve if I have to." She said with a sigh. Her style had been mixed up which showed in the way she had a tendency to layer a skirt over a pair of jeans.

"No worries. I'll probably run into him myself at some point though it's doubtful there just seems to be so much to do" she said fixing Nebulas hair. She was a lovely doll.
"Hang on a minute you have another package there, that's not for me as well is it?" Andromeda would probably kill her if it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back