Running into Friends

"Very cool," Lily said, her eyes wide at what all he showed her. "I don't have any ink right now. I have thought about doing it, but haven't had the money to do it yet. Or the idea of what to get either. Nothing seems right." She moved sit down on the ground again. "Sorry to hear about your brother. Was he older?"

" Yeah one year older, he went missing in the forest." Alex said looking down, it hurt everytime he brought it up, he didn't like talking about it, because some people thought he was crazy and others felt sorry for him. He didn't want people to feel sorry for him, he just wanted to be like everyone else and live his life as they did. " You should definitely get one, they sting a bit at first, but after that they begin to feel good."

"Oh wow," Lily replied. She noticed how quickly he changed the subject and took her cue from him. She didn't want to push Alex too much. "I figure it can't hurt worse than a bludger hit." She smiled at him, then took the subject to quidditch. "So are you going out for the Hufflepuff team? Or are you going to watch them go down to Ravenclaw from the stands?" She gave him a snarky look, one that she had perfected in many a debate over quidditch with friends in the past.

" I was going to try out, but I saw that everyone was already up in the air, so I just didn't bother. So I guess im going to watch. Hufflepuff win. " He said with a smile. Lily always knew how to put a smile on his face which was good, she was a good friend. " So your playing this year?" he asked wanting to know whether Hufflepuff would actually have a chance.

Lily looked over at Alex. "Ah, too bad. You will just have to watch us crush the Puffs from the stands." She tilted her head to the side, then continued. "And I don't think I told you, but I am sort of the Ravenclaw captain. So, yeah, I will be playing. Every game." She giggled softly, still a bit humbled at being in charge of the team. Little did Alex know, or anyone who had not seen Lily play, that she was a totally different person on the pitch. She was hardcore, and she dominated the pitch.

" Should have tried out just to show you how us Aussies play." He said with a smile on his face. " I think you did tell me, I just kind of blanked it. I sometimes do that." He said as he looked back over towards the whomping willow. " Just don't beat us to bad then, make sure it's close." He said with a smile as he sat back down on the hill they where sitting on before he had gotten walloped by the willow.

"Well, see, now that just isn't in my nature," Lily said, sticking her tongue out at Alex. "When I play, I play to not only win, but crush the opposition." She smiled at her friend. "We Ravenclaws do have a reputation to uphold." She leaned back on her elbows, looking up at the sky. "Maybe after the first game is over, we can play a bit of one on one?"

" Yeah, more like you just murder me at it, The way you talk yourself up your a good player. I have almost no experience." Alex said as he stretched out the same as lily and rested himself on his elbows. " I can fly good, but that is about it, I struggle with anything else. Im not to multi talented." He said as he stuck his tongue out in return to Lily.

"Well, then maybe we will just have to go flying. Don't want you to be more damaged hanging out with me," Lily said with a giggle. "And you will have to judge for yourself as to how good I am. The scouts seem to like me." She was planning on going pro right out of school, but really hadn't thought too much about which team she as going to accept an offer from.

" Well maybe I will, or maybe i just might surprise you and beat you." he said with a smile, knowing really that he couldn't play and that he probably would never be able to play. " So the scouts have seen you play, What teams?" Alex asked eagerly hoping it was his favorite team the Bulgarians. They where amazing, the first world cup he went to they lost, but it was still the way they played and they only lost by ten points and their seeker was out.

"Auckland and Wollongong. Both are around here and are pretty decent teams," Lily replied. "I keep tossing the idea around. My future roommates play for Auckland so it would be kind of nice to all be on the same team, but then again, the competition aspect would be way fun. I still have a few months to make a choice. Might wait and talk it over with them during the holidays."

Lily was not ruling out either team, but was leaning towards playing on the same team as Courtney and Ford again. They were a year ahead of her in school, but they most definately all had fun playing on the same teams. With the history between her and Ford, she wondered what it would be like to play on the same team as him, besides living with him.

The hufflepuff boy nodded as she spoke, but thought it odd. That she would want to be in competition, with people that she lived with. " Wouldn't it be a bit hard to be in competition with someone you are going to live with, it would definitely bring some tension between the three of you. Which mightn't be so good, but it would e fun to play someone you are really good friends with and know their strategy."

He remembered a spell he could use to clean the blood off his shirt, seeing as he was still topless. It wasn't to bad, he was getting some nice rays, which would turn into a slight tan, the next day, he pointed his wand at the large amount of blood on his shirt. " Scourgify." He said as the blood vanished.

Lily looked at Alex as he took the blood out from his shirt. She couldn't help but look at his body as he sat there, shirtless, in the sun. He wasn't bad at all, actually totally different from the guys she had seen. In the locker room the guys on the team took pride in parading around and trying to gross the girls out. "Well, a bit of healthy comptetition is good. Plus, I am so used to being on opposite teams from Ford that I don't know if I could handle having the same goal."

Alex could see out of the corner of his eyes that Lily was looking at his body, maybe it was all the months he spent on the farm, eating nothing but all natural foods and doing all the hard work. His eyes wondered over and began to look her over, it was kind of a habit, just returning the favor he might of said. " Yeah I suppose if you are used to it, it would be all good. You know you are definitely going to have to teach me how to play."

Lily felt her cheeks tinge a bit as she realized that Alex was checking her out. "Yeah, I can show you some of the basics. Just let me know when and I can arrange to get the equipment from the shed. Just, not until after we play Hufflepuff." She added a wink. It wasn't that she thought of him as a spy, but that she was very competitive.

Alex smiled, he was good at his lie he had told her previously, and he hoped she wouldn't get mad. He really had tried out for the team, but yet they hadn't said if he had a definite spot on the team, which was a slight let down to him. " Yeah ok cool, what position do you reckon i will suit better?" He asked hoping she would say chaser, seeing as that was the part he tried out for. Many people had said to him in the past that he would make a good beater, especially his forster parents and their friends. Just his build was perfect for the part.

He then wondered what position she played. " Um actually what position do you play? You never said." he said with a slight smile on his face, he wanted to make sure that if they played he would know where too look, if he was excepted onto the team. His green eyes wandered off her body, seeming as she was now looking at him, and it felt mighty awkward checking her out while she was staring at him.

Lily assessed Alex, then spoke. "I think you would be really good as a beater, to be honest. You might be okay as a chaser, but your strength would really suit beater." She leaned back further on the grass, laying flat out on the ground. Watching the clouds moving above, she continued. "I am a chaser. I have picked up the other positions over time, but chaser is where my heart is at."

Alex laid down resting his head next to hers and looking up at the clouds that where drifting past. " Yeah, I always thought that, but I wouldn't mind being a chaser, but with a better broom." He said with a smile as he saw a cloud that looked like a bunny rabbit. " Look there, it looks like a rabbit." He said pointing towards the cloud.

Lily watched the clouds, looking at the one that Alex pointed out. "Yeah, that does look kinda like a rabbit," she said with a laugh. "That one over there looks like a snargaluff." She shuddered, remembering her detention with Professor Styx. "Hopefully the cloud version is not as mean as the real thing."

Alex smiled at the thought of a snargaluff being in the clouds. " It does a little bit, doesn't it." He said as he saw the cloud she was talking about. It was funny that they where both so immature that they where looking at the clouds and talking about what they look like. He couldn't help but laugh because of it, but they where having fun. Which was good. He rolled over and faced Lily. " You know your like one of the nicest people I know." He said with a smile. he was glad that she was his friend, it made him feel good, because she made him feel good.

Lily tucked her hands behind her head as Alex spoke. A smile on her face, she turned to look at him. His words brought a bit of a blush to her cheeks. "Thanks Alex. I never thought I would have made a friend getting trapped down in the dungeons," she said with a bit of a giggle. "I'm glad you decided to come out of your shell this year." Lily was enjoying her time with her friend, laying on the grass in the sun.

Alex smiled at her, he was glad that he had come out of his shell to, he wished he would have done it earlier. All the people he had made friends with where so nice, and it would have been good to have someone there for him, when he was going through such a tough time. Alex and Lily where so close now there noses where almost touching. " So am I." he said softly as he smiled towards her. This was the closest he had ever gotten to a girl in his life, it felt good.

(( This is before Alex and Maddiie where together right? :p))

Lily looked at Alex with a smile on her face. She was enjoying being her with her new friend. As she looked into his green eyes, she spoke softly. "I think this is going to be an interesting year." She realized how close Alex was, feeling his breath gently on her face. She wasn't sure what she wanted to do, so she stayed still, waiting to see what Alex was going to do.

(((Sure. Whatever you would like.)))

Alex stayed staring at her eyes, he agreed with what she had said. " yeah I think it is to." He said softly with out moving any closer or any further away. Her cool breath on face, was refreshing on his slight sunburned face. He wanted to turn away so bad, but he just couldn't it was like he was trapped there just staring. He was glad that he didn't have bad breath and even more glad she didn't either. Otherwise being like this would be uncomfortable. " So what do you have planned for the rest of the week?" he asked his voice still soft.

Lily tilted her face just a fraction of a centimeter closer before she responded. "Not much, this weekend is Brightstone so I am going to go meet up with my roommate at the Broomsticks. You got anything planned?" Her voice was soft, just loud enough for Alex to hear her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back