Running into Friends

Alexander Fields

OOC First Name
Ben
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Alex had, a off day today. For some reason he had stayed inside for almost the whole day, and only ventured out in the afternoon a few hours before they had to go back inside. He slowly began to make it down to his favorite tree, in the whole of the grounds, the Whomping Willow. he would sit at a distance, so that he wouldn't be killed. It was relaxing to watch, as it swung itself around at anything that ventured with in the area of which it's long powerful arms could reach.

His green eyes fixed upon the largest of all the branches, which had a few rather large scratches on it from attacking things that came close. He began to wonder what made the tree so violent and want to hurt everything that came close. He knew that some of the students her liked to play a game with it, see if they could touch it without being crushed under it's weight. He had watched a few of them do it, and had seen some of them get extremely hurt because of there lack of speed.

His mind began to wonder elsewhere, as he thought of all the people he had met over the last week. There had been Lily Potter, if it wasn't for her he would be stuck underneath the dungeons. Maddiie Hollawarth, ( i think that's how you spell it.) Who he had began to grow very fond of over the past few days. Andromeda, which he had met in the forest and had gotten along with and a few others. He was happy that he was beginning to come out of his shell and become a social little butterfly. He snapped out of it when he could hear the sound of incomeing footsteps.

Lily finally was starting to become herself again. She had been through so much and it seemed that the clouds that she had been living in since this summer finally were lifting. The day was beautiful and she found herself smiling. Wandering outside, she breathed in the spring air. It had taken some getting used to with the seasons being reversed from home, but over the years she realized she wouldn't have it any other way.

Making her way across the lawn, she recognized a figure sitting, watching the willow. Approaching her new friend, she plopped down on the grass next to Alex. "Hi Alex," she greeted him with a smile. "How's it going?"

Alex turned to see Lily Potter one of the people he had just been thinking of. " Hey Lily, Yeah good. What about you?" He asked, his new friend. Before turning back to the willow and watching it swing at a few woodpeckers that where trying to turn it into there home. " It's so peaceful coming out here and watching the willow, it's weird. How violent it is but it is calming." Alex said feeling queit confused at the words he had just said. His green eyes now focusing on her.

"Not too bad. Things seem to be getting better," Lily responded with a smile. She looked forward at the willow for a minute, then turned to look at her new friend. "Yeah, it is odd that watching the tree is rather relaxing, but if you are up there you better fear for your wellbeing." She focused her blue eyes on his green. "Are you excited for Halloween?"

" Well that's good to hear." He said in reply to her being a little bit better. " I'm looking forward to it, but I don't really have an idea in what I'm going to do for Halloween." He said as he thought about it, the truth is he didn't even know Halloween was coming around at this time of the year. " What about you? Are you planning anything?" He asked anxious to hear what she was doing, in case it gave him any idea's for himself.

"Actually my costume arrived the other day. My old roommate, Courtney, owns Gladrags in Obsidian Harbour and was able to hook me up with a pair of costumes," Lily explained. "I'm going with a friend and we decided to coordinate." She actually felt a bit odd about tossing out there that she had a date of sorts for Halloween. She wasn't quite sure why. "We are going to be gangsters, but promise not to tell anyone just yet. We want to show up and shock a few people," she added a bit conspiratorially. "I think my outfit will turn a few heads."

Alex laughed at the thought of Lily dressed up like a Gangster. " Don't worry my lips are sealed. " He said with a large grin on his face. " I was kind of thinking of just having a quiet one but now I'm going to have to come down, just to check you out." He said hoping that he didn't sound inappropriate. He began to wonder what he would wear, if he could figure out a spell he wouldn't mind changing his head into a different creatures, just to scare a few peopleand get a few good laughs.

Lily smiled at her friend, glad he wasn't going to leak her costume. "You should come down, have a butter beer or two with us. I am not totally sure who all we will be hanging around with, but I know that no one would have any issues if you joined us." Knowing Crispin the way she did, she was positive that her friend would not have a problem if Alex joined them for a while. "Plus, you'll have fun. I have always had fun at this events."

" Sounds great then." Alex said looking forward to Halloween now, seeing as he had plans now. " Now I just have to find something to wear." he said thinking about what he could wear, it would probably be a good idea to dress up as something stupid not scary. Seeing as only the little kids tried to scare people these days. " What do you reckon I should get to wear?"

"Um, hmm," Lily muttered while assessing her friend. "Well, maybe you could be a ghost? Super simple." She laughed, then continued. "You could pull off the muggle army guy look pretty well. Or, the devil or some sort of magical being?" She was not really sure why, but she thought it would be kind of fun to see him show up as an army guy. He had the kind of body that would be able to pull it off well.

He smiled at the thought of himself in a devil's costume. He would look like a complete idiot but it still would give people a good laugh. " I think I might go with the army look." He said thinking about what he would look like in a army outfit with a replica gun. He reckoned he would look pretty cool. " So what type of gangster are you going as, a Mafia, or street Gangster?" He asked, thinking she would look pretty good dressed up as a Street Gangster.

"Well," Lily replied, a slight blush tinting the apples of her cheeks at the thought of her costume, "its more Old School Mafia in theory, but, well, a bit, um, modified?" She giggled at the thought of the very small dress and very high heels she was planning on wearing. "I have the potential to be a bit chilly most of the night so I have been practicing a warming spell to cast as I need to."

Alex smiled as she described her costume. " Well I reckon it will look beautiful on you." He said trying ot to sound like he was cracking onto her. " So where do you reckon I would be able to get a army uniform, with out breaking into a army base and taking one, cause im going to need everything. The boots, the uniform and some dog tags." He said thinking about wether he should go without a shirt just the army pants his boots and the dog tags, or fully dressed, seeing as he would probably look like a idiot without a shirt.

"Courtney could be of assistance," Lily said with a grin. "She was my hook up for costumes this year. Helps to be best friends with the owner of the premiere wizarding wear shop in Obsidian. I can look through the catalogs and find something if you want and have Court get it for you. If you want me too." She knew she had seen a few cool outfits in the catalogs when she was looking for her own.

" Yeah that would be great." Alex said with a rather large grin on his face. " thank you so much." He didn't know how he could repay her for being so kind, and helpful. " Do you reckon that you could make it to the base of the willow, with out being hit by one of the branches?" Alex asked changing the subject, he didn't really mean to he was just side tracked, just watching it swinging ferociously around at the birds that flew with in its proximity.

"Not a problem," Lily said with a smile. Her smile froze as she heard the question asked. "Um, I never tried Alex. Might be able to. How about you? Think you can do it?" She gave him a look that had a bit of 'I dare you' behind it. She didn't want to make an actual dare out loud, but she was curious. She had a feeling that he might have tried in the past.

" I reckon I could, I've sat here in the past and just watched how it swings its branches around and I think I could make it, but it is just the thought of me stuffing up and getting absolutely hammered by it." Alex said as he stood up. " Ill try it though." He said as he walked down towards it feeling very anxious. He quickly began to dart through, the tree started trying to attack him, missing him by centimeters each time, seeing as he was zig zagging his way along. He dived, and was just able to touch the tree, when a branch swung down and he rolled out of the way, making it miss his head. He got back onto his feet and started to run back to saftey when he was whiped by a thin branch which threw him clear of its reach. He slowly managed to stand up, and feel his back. It had ripped trhough his favorite shirt and sliced his back open. He began to stagger over towards Lily smiling slightly.

Lily was a bit shocked when Alex stood and took off for the tree. She stood and moved closer to the tree, nervously watching his movements. She smiled as he dove, avoiding getting hit before he touched the trunk of the tree. Screaching as he was hit on the way out, Lily ran over to where he was staggering. "Oh my goodness! How bad did you get hurt?" She moved to help him sit down so she could take a look and figure out how bad things were.

" Not really that bad, it's just a little scratch." He lied not wanting to turn around and show her his cut. He slid out of his shirt, not wanting to stain it in to much blood, in case it could be fixed. He turned around to show her, the cut. " How bad is it?" He asked fearing it was really bad. His green eyes welling up with a few tears, but he was struggling to hold them in.

Lily knew by Alex's face that his injury was more than a standard scratch. She figured it was a lot more like what she and Sumner had gotten when they served their detention with Professor Styx. The Snargaluff had whipped both of them pretty good. "Just a scratch? Bull," Lily said to him. Her eyes widened just a bit as she watched him take off his shirt. She had, of course, seen a guy with no shirt on before. Alex had caught her off guard.

As he turned to allow her to look at his back, she assessed his injury. There was a bit of blood and a pretty good welt forming, but it wasn't nearly as horrible as she thought it was going to be. It looked rather painful, but it was fixable. Touching his arm, she spoke quietly. "I can fix this if you want, Alex. Its not as horrible as I thought it was going to be, but it really looks painful." Taking out her wand, she touched his shirt and muttered "reparo", fixing his shirt. She waited for his permission before she attempted to fix his back. She wanted to make sure he didn't want the nurse in the hospital wing to do the work instead of her.

Alex watched as she fixed his shirt so well, it looked like it was straight out of the shop, except for the blood that was left on it." Yeah sure, why not. Just make sure it leaves a sick scar." Alex said with a smile on his face. he was lucky to have friends to do this for him otherwise he would have to go up to hospital wing, and he didn't really like it anywhere, where people had died before. " I wish I could see it first." He said as he tried to twist his neck around so he could see the cut that was on his back.

"Hang on a sec," Lily said, running to her messanger bag. Opening it, she took out a compact and clicked it open. "Here, take a look before I fix it." Lily took a deep breath, hoping that she didn't mess this up. It was only her second time casting this spell, and this was a lot larger than the small cut she had fixed on her leg. There was no scarring on her leg, but she had no idea what would happen this time.

"Ok, here I go. Not sure what the scar status will be. This is much bigger than the last time I did this," Lily admitted nervously. Raising her wand, she placed it on the cut and encanted "episky", keeping her fingers crossed on her other hand, hoping this worked out well.

Alex looked into the mirror and was able to see his cut, it was no where near as bad as he thought it was, which was a relief. " Thought it was a little bit worse then that." He said as he watched as she cast the spell to heal it. His back went all numb and he could feel his skin moving on his back, as the wound began to heal up. Luckily the wound hadn't gone over his tattoo other wise it would have completely wrecked it. He was happy to see that it left a scar that looked fully healed and like it wasn't going to fade anytime soon. He quickly spun around and gave Lily a hug. " Thank you so much. Your a pro at that." He said thinking of what a good job she done healing it.

Lily breathed a sigh of relief as the wound healed properly before her eyes. She returned the hug she received from Alex. "You're welcome," she said, a bit of a smile on her face. "Glad that worked out and you even got your scar!" Stepping back, she put her wand back in her pocket and her mirror back into her messanger bag. "So, when did you get the ink done? Any special meaning behind it?"

" I got it done last year after my brother died, it is a snow leopard, it's my favorite animal. I want to become a animagus and to become one." He then showed her the tattoo of R.I.P Justice, that was on the left side of his ribs. " That one there was for my brother. Then he showed her the back of his calf muscle, which was a tattoo of the southern cross. ".. and that one there is the southern cross, it's one of the best alignment of stars ever." He said with a smile, wondering whether she had any tattoo's herself. " What about you, do you have any?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back