Running into Friends

By the time Alex was about to reply there foreheads where touching but only slightly. " I don't think so." He said at about the same volume level, in which Lily was whispering to him. " I was just planning on bumming around the castle, looking for some thing fun to do." He said as he moved in just a little closer and there noses met.

(( Alex and Maddiie weren't dating, when we started this topic.))

Lily laid still, her forehead was just touching Alex's, their lips just millimeters apart. "Just stay out of the dungeons. I don't want to have to save you again." Her eyes were on his and she felt a fluttering in her stomach. She waited, barely breathing, to see what Alex would do.

Alex smiled." I just might have to do that, just to get and excuse to see you." He whispered, their lips getting closer as they spoke, he knew what has about to happen, and was waiting for the inevitable. He didn't really want to make the first move, because he didn't like the idea of rejection even though he could tell it wasn't necessarily going to happen right now. His green eyes still focused on hers. he moved his face slightly, and he could feel their top lips just lightly touch, it wasn't a kiss yet.

Lily felt Alex's lips rest on hers, then moved hers closer, completing the kiss. It was light and sweet. Her eyes fluttered shut, and her hand moved up to rest on his cheek.

It felt so great but oh so wrong as Alex kissed his friend back. He didn't really know why and didn't know if it was going to continue after this or if it was just a one time thing. Alex's hand moved down towards her hip and rested there long after they stopped kissing, he looked into her eyes. Not really knowing what to say, all he could do was smile and go back for more.

Lily relaxed into Alex's kiss. She had not expected this at all, but it was nice. It was different than with Blake, or Sumner. It was sweet. His hand now rested on her hip. Lily's hand moved down to his arm. She was not sure what this was just yet, but there would be time to figure that out later.

Alex stopped abruptly and looked at Lily shocked at how much self control he lacked. " What are we doing?" He asked as he sat up straight and stared at her, it was his first kiss and he had wanted it to be with someone special, even though Lily was but she was his friend not his girl friend. What was I thinking, Alex thought to himself. He laid back down and looked up at the clouds, trying to get his head around it. " I'm sorry." He said.

When Alex suddenly sat up, Lily was a bit confused. "I really have no idea, Alex. I was not expecting that at all." She pushed up on her elbows again, crossing her ankles right over left. It was a nice kiss, but there was no connection between them. Not romantically at least for her. Now she began to worry that her new friend was thinking of them in a different light than she was. "Do we need to talk about this?" she asked gently.

Alex frowned as he looked over at Lily. " We do, but its not the way you think. I imagined my first kiss as being with someone I love, not like this. I'm not saying there was anything wrong with it, it was great, it really was. I mean I do love you, but not in that way. Your one of my friends, I love you as a friend not in a relationship type of a way." he said staring straight into her brown, piercing eyes. He didn't want to stop kissing her, it was the best feeling but he had to otherwise it would make things awkward.

Lily breathed a sigh of relief as Alex spoke. "Alex, I feel the same way. I love you like a friend too. But my heart still belongs to my ex. It always will." She sat up, her legs stretched out in front of her, ankles still crossed. "Not that it wasn't a nice kiss. You will make someone happy." She looked away from Alex and across the lawn. Her eyes still searched always for that familiar head of dark hair. "I am just too damaged I think," she added with a chuckle.

Alex smiled that things hadn't really gotten awkward between the pair. " I think we all are a little bit damaged in just the littlest of ways, and some of us who are lucky are just totally screwed." He said with a smile as he watched her look around for someone or something. His green eyes followed her gaze around the grounds, but yet he didn't see nothing. " If you love your Ex so much, why don't you try get back with him?"

"I tried. Things are just....different between us now. We broke up because I kissed someone else. I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyways." Lily looked down at her feet. "We had a moment where I thought we had a chance. I confessed about something that happened while we were apart, and he decided that he could not trust me. I wanted him back and felt he needed to have the whole story before we started things up again. He wants no part of being with me any more." Looking over at Alex, she added, "This is just the way its going to be, and I have to work on acceptance of that."

" Well it looks like he doesn't deserve you, if he is going to act like that." Alex said feeling a bit angry for Lily, her ex boyfriend seems like a loser, why would he be like that to such a nice and beautiful girl." Well looks like your going to have to try and move on, even though it would be hard, it is what you are going to have to do." He said with a smile, he knew this was true even though at this time he had never been in a relation ship before, but the words just flowed out of his mouth like he knew what he was talking about. " I'm sorry for saying that but it is true." He said looking down at the ground.

A bit of a smile flitted across Lily's face. "Well, I am working on that. Actually," she paused just a second, then started to confess a bit, "You know how I will be living with three people after school gets out? Well, one of them is the guy, the one I kissed. He might be meeting me in Brightstone this weekend. It will be him or one of the others in the apartment." She looked up at Alex. "Its not like I expect that I will be together with him, but, if it happens, well, I won't stop it."

" That's great, I wish you all the best with that." Alex said truthfully, he wanted Lily to be happy with someone who makes her happy. He didn't want to see her hurt or anything like that, what kind of a friend would want to see that. Alex then looked down at the ground and thought about Maddiie and if anything would ever happen between them. He then looked up at the sky and noticed it was getting kind of late. " Um, I better get going. Lets catch up later and you can tell me how it went with the guy at Brightstone." He said as he stood up, he felt bad for leaving so early but he had other things he had to attend to before the end of the day.

"Thanks Alex," Lily replied with a smile. She stood up and picked up her messenger bag. Slinging it over her shoulder she looked over in the direction of the pitch. "Not a problem, I need to get to practice. Don't want to keep the team waiting for me." She gave a chuckle, then hugged her friend. "See you later!" Lily took off towards the pitch, glad to get her head into the game.

Alex hugged her back. before she left running off towards the pitch. Alex had to go back to his dorm and do some studying so he could catch up with some work he missed.

(( Have to make another topic in a few days.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back