Running away

Demeter Dallamoor

Today was slightly chilly, but after that plane ride Demeter still felt warm with her big sweater wrapped around her petite body. She was running away from school, running away from Ms. Kings and now her brother Deviant. She took the next flight back to America without thinking where she was heading. It was big risky move but when she heard the flight to California was aboarding she took it and paid it with a credit card her mother gave to her just in case of emergency. Now that she was here, her first instinct was to go to a hotel. She took the next taxi to the nearest hotel, and arrived twenty minutes later at the Hilton.

An hour later Deme had called a family member that lived in California, and to her disbelief no one was home. The answering machine had inform her that her aunt Lucy was not there until next week. She was on vacation, that was okay for Deme but now all she had to do was wait. Deme decided to wonder along the beach it was near night and a little cold. But she was hungry so she went to the shore shack a restaurant for young muggel teens. Walking right in she looked around for a seat and sat by a open window. Even if it was a little cold, it was still pretty at night. Deme was just happy to be away.

Kevin thought that today would be a perfect day for surfing. Nice warm sun, cool water, yes today was perfect. He put on his surfer shorts, lathered up the suntan lotion. Kevin made his way to his carand put his surfboard in the back seats. He jumped into the car and began to drive to the beach. Once Kevin reached the beach he could barely wait to go surfing, he was excited to see that the waves were really hide today, so it was going to be awesome.

Kevin made a few waves, and of course crashed on some. He reached the beach and noticed a pretty girl walking around. Kevin looked around, there were other guys staring at the girl, he was not going to let her walk to the shore shack by herself. Kevin quickly went to his car, put the top on it, put the surfboard in it. He also quickly threw on some clothes and made his way to the shore shack. Upon reaching the shack he was out of breath. He walked inside and ordered himself a sandwich and a cool drink. " Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked the girl. He needed to keep a close eye on her so other creeps didn't have any chance.

Deme looked up as she was greeted by a blonde haired cutie. She knew she looked different than the girls around here. But she didn't know she would get some much attention in so little time. "Yeah sure" she said her voice so quiet but able to hear if you was close as you think you were standing over her like he was. "Its always exciting to have company" especially when you were alone. "What's your name?" she asked while brushing her hair to the back of her ear loops. Deme didn't look bad today, she was dress like any other normal teen would dress. But with a sweater half revealing the shirt she was wearing underneath.

Kevin smiled and sat opposite of the girl. " My name's Kevin, what's yours?" He asked her. Kevin nodded. " I love company." He replied. Kevin didn't know if he should tell the girl about the way that some guys were looking at her today, but decided that it was right. " Today, I was out surfing and I saw you actually." He said stopping himself, the girl didn't have to know that much all at once.

"Nice to meet you Kevin" Deme beamed with a hint of blush rising her against her pale cheeks. Deme noticed that he mentioned surfing and that he been watching her for a while. Deme was always the type to want attention but that was awhile ago. She thought now that she had experience the bad side of life and rejection that she wouldn't care for much attention at all. Kevin staring at her and being a new stranger brought some hints of wanting and flirting. "I'm Deme. You surf? Any good?" she asked him while taking off her sweater. She was wrong about California weather the more she sat relaxing now in her tank top. It was hot and humid.

Kevin smiled. " Well, I'm ok I guess." He laughed. " I've only lived here for about a couple of years, so I have some time to improve my surfing skills." Kevin nodded. He hadn't seen this girl on the beach before, most of the people who went to this beach were locals. " I'm pretty sure that your new here, am I correct?" He asked her. " Deme, that's an interesting and yet pretty name." He nodded.

"At least you no how to surf. I try not to get into crash water when its coming at me reckless" she laughed while grabbing for the drink she order. It was a strawberry and banana smoothie. "I'm not" she looked into Kevin eyes. Deme wonder if he could tell she was lying or not when she said the next part. "I'm on vacation from school" not really. She was waiting for her aunt Lucy since no word from her parents yet had came through. She still refusing to believe that they are dead, maybe Ms. King got the wrong information from someone she didn't know. It could happen.

Kevin laughed. " I can teach you later if you want." He sipped his drink. " Really?" He asked turning his head towards her. " Well, your name is Deme, sounds like a French name." He said. " And, I'm guessing that your a witch." He wasn't to sure but he was guessing. "I'd be guessing that you go to Beauxbatons, and my sister goes there and she's not on break...so, unless I'm wrong you tell me why your here, that is if you'd like." He said with a crooked grin.

Deme wanted to laugh, this boy was funny. That's what she did but she grabbed the side of his face, flirting as she stroke. "I am not french and yes I do go to that school" she nip at the bottom of her lip. She wished she had lip gloss. It would made it more interesting with flavour lip gloss. "I'm from Salem, though how did you figure me out" she said whilst brushing the side of his face with manicured fingers tips. "What more do you know?" she asked her hand going up towards the side of his temple. Deme loved flirting and couldn't believe she was at it again. She knew it was bad habit, but this boy was very cute. She was not going to let him get away that easy.

Kevin was surprised as Deme stroked his face, it was a soothing touch. " Oh, well my mistake. If your not French then what are you?" He asked her. " I don't know, it's some sort of a talent that I have." He laughed. " Since I was about ten years old, I could just guess about people, and it was right." He shrugged his shoulders. " I know that your excellent about flirting." Kevin chuckled. " But, how about you tell me the rest?" He added.

"Well I can't say that I'm not french or not" her past history wasn't her favorite subject. Her parents possibly told her many times, yet she fail to recall her heritage. "American as far a I know" she withdraw her hands from his face. She left only a finger to press and slide down his lips. Once she had her taste of teasing, she giggle wildly letting go. "Aren't you adorable" probably more attractive than Sebastian and Dan put together.

Kevin nodded. " Fair enough." He laughed. It was good to have a feeling of someone else's hands on your face, other than your own. His lip trembled when she slid her finger over it, sending a tremor down his entire body. " Aren't I adorable, aren't you adorable." He said looking at her laughing. " So what brought you here?" Kevin asked her.

"Family visiting my family" Deme look down. If he's that good at spotting a lie than she had to be that good at telling a lie. "Came here to see my aunt but she not home yet" more like a week. "So I'm just hanging out around here" skipping out the part she was staying at a hotel. He will ask more questions if she told him that information. "Its nice out here. I couldn't believe its this hot till I got here" she beamed titling her head to the side.

" Family visiting family, eh?" He asked looking at her. She obviously didn't want to talk about it, so he wasn't going to grill the girl. " So where you staying at?" He asked her, " If you need a place, you can stay with me." He said happily. Kevin looked outside as Deme spoke. " Would you like to go out and I can teach you how to surf?" He asked her.

"With my aunt but sure why not" she smiled up at him. Staying with him would be so much fun. Its better than staying at a hotel. "Yeah I'm not good at swimming. Little bit of a warning" she told him grabbing for her bag and light sweater. "So are you always that nice to girls?" she asked him whilst heading outside.

Kevin laughed. " Alright, I have a spare bedroom anyways." Kevin said while getting up. He ruffled his hair around, the wind was picking up and he didn't want his hair in his face. " That's alright, I teach swimming lessons actually," He laughed. " I'm always nice to everyone, it's like a gene in my family." He nodded.

"Its a shame there not a lot boys like you anymore" she swayed her designer back and fourth her flip flops slapping against the floor till she reached the sands. "My ex boyfriend was a jerk" she explain looking away. "Sort of just left me alone and didn't care" she brush her blonde hair out of her face. "Not the reason why I left school. I just hate France. Its boring" she sighed leaning onto Kevin.

" I get told that all the time." He sighed. " My ex girlfriend, thought that I was too nice, not too sure if that made sense on her part." He shrugged his shoulders, watching the waves. " I don't blame you, my sister hates it there too." He laughed. " She finds it boring, and when she comes home, it's a relief for her. When I went there, I nearly died of extreme boredom." He shook his head laughing, making their way to his car to get the surfboard.

"What's your sister name? Maybe I know her or something?" Deme look up at Kevin walking wherever he leads her to. "I only knew several heads in France. One of them being my brother friend Sebastian. I have a twin brother name Deviant, who's currently attedning Drumstrang. Madly in love with some puff name Ashley" Deme said. "Your ex is stupid for leaving you for that"

" My sister's name is Elise Finnigan." He said looking down at her. " We're just gunna go to my car so I can get the board." He said upon reaching his cars, getting out his keys, unlocking the car and getting the board. He walked back to the beach, locking the car behind him. " Hmm, never heard of your brother, I went there last year." He said looking ahead of him. " Everyone says that, but I just don't get what's so bad about being too nice." He laughed.

"Well this is our first years in our school. First year apart to" she watched him carefully taking out his board from his nice car. "Nice, I have a car back home" she kept stringing her hair, anything to keep her distracted. She was worried cause her bathing suit was to revealing. She decided to keep her tank on. "I don't mind nice boys" you get tired of the jerks.

" Oh, that's probably why." He said walking in the sand, he could feel it between his toes. Mark took off his shirt, to reveal his wifebeater and his tattoos, he was really self conscious to let any one see his tattoos, especailly the one of the dragon that was on his back. " It's good that you don't I was hoping that you'd like a nice boy, such as my self." he laughed.

"Nice tattoos!" Deme exclaimed while reaching up to touch the dragon design on his back. "So your not all the nice?" she laughed shoving Kevin a little. She took off her sandals after that and carried them in her hand. "So what kind of girls you like?" her face flushed asking him that question. "You look like a brunette lover" Deme teased kicking the sand underneath her toes.

Kevin laughed. " You like that one?" He asked looking at her. " Well, urm... I am, but I just like to be creative." He blushed. Kevin's face quickly returned back to normal. " I like, nice but yet witty, smart and funny girls." He laughed, noticing his sentence rhymed. " In a nutshell, I just want a girl who can respect herself aswell as others, and hair color doesn't matter to me, it's what's on the inside." He said. " It may sound corny but it's true." He nodded his head.

"Oh" yeah that didn't sound like Demeter. Lately she's been acting more out of control, like right now. Being here was already crossing the line. She didn't panic, she just let her smile slip half way. Kevin may figure her out but she didn't have to tell him the complete truth. "Its nice I love ink. I want stars on my neck" and maybe someone name on her back. "You sure fooled me"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back